PES 2017 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

That explain where EA is spending the tons of millions they are making from UT because on gameplay we already know this money isn't going. The licenses situation is already so ridiculous that the budget for them must be much higher than the production of the game itself.

The EA strategy to kill the concurrency is not new, in the past they used to buy studios to finish franchises and in the case of sports games they make exclusive license contracts and just wait until the other games sell so bad that they die by themselves.

Unfortunately there's not much PES producers can do to fight the licenses war, maybe only secure the players licenses with Fifpro (where available) and deliver people a full editable mode that is easily shared. This way, and with CL license, they may survive as an AAA product for more three or four years.

That explain where EA is spending the tons of millions they are making from UT because on gameplay we already know this money isn't going. The licenses situation is already so ridiculous that the budget for them must be much higher than the production of the game itself.

The EA strategy to kill the concurrency is not new, in the past they used to buy studios to finish franchises and in the case of sports games they make exclusive license contracts and just wait until the other games sell so bad that they die by themselves.

Unfortunately there's not much PES producers can do to fight the licenses war, maybe only secure the players licenses with Fifpro (where available) and deliver people a full editable mode that is easily shared. This way, and with CL license, they may survive as an AAA product for more three or four years.

If sales for PES are higher this time around they can turn around the licenses and get some of them themselves. Like years ago. They just have to do things not done before, having new modes is a good start, they should think of modes that will force people to play the game. Like doing a playable documentary of a legend would be amazing. For example, playing through the life/career of Zidane would be awesome. They have the licenses of every UEFA league/cup, there is a lot of things you can do with it, like ML has a big advantage here over career mode in FIFA.

Wether Pes 2017 is drastically different from pes 2016, a game that theres actually merit in socring goals, a game that require criativity, patient and football knowledge to creat space, or its similar to PES 2016.

If the latter is the case, I seriously hope Konami go bankrupt and sell the franchise. Enough is enough!

So if you don't get what you want we must all suffer? Nice man so long as you not being unreasonable

Again there is a huuuge fan base that is positive about PES in its current state. I for one was not over enthralled with PES 2016 like PES 6(VOMIT) but wishing the end of a company is not normal behaviour.

Last edited:
Fair post Zeeminster,lets remember that 2 dozen people on forum hating & slagging off the game and constantly trolling Konami does not actually make it a bad game.

I fear that EA will hunt this down and eliminate it

Maybe not the PC editing scene

But console OF sharing will be cracked down

It happened before FA and PESFAN case

Well they've just lost another 1% of their fans, doubt its 1% though

Wether Pes 2017 is drastically different from pes 2016, a game that theres actually merit in socring goals, a game that require criativity, patient and football knowledge to creat space, or its similar to PES 2016.

If the latter is the case, I seriously hope Konami go bankrupt and sell the franchise. Enough is enough!

Well everyone who have tried the game said it is a major improvement from last year, so.. just wait for the demo and chill

Last edited:
Well they've just lost another 1% of their fans, doubt its 1% though
I play often 2vs2 online and the server 1 are always full, and the guys dont play 11vs11 but 2vs2, so it's bullshit...

Like Adam says only 0,05% play in full manual... :NONO:
in WEarePES.com all users play in Full Manual, some forum are created about the Full Manual only, so...

Did you guys already read this?
https://forums.pesfan.com/showthread.php?265859-PES-2017-2v2
It's about Konami removed 2 vs 2 mode in PES 2017 because only 1% played it...

This is absurd and wrong in so many ways.
I do not think that is true because ... simply inconceivable and stupid.
I love 2 vs 2. Almost every night I play 2 vs 2 on PES 6 . I do not play 2 vs 2 PES 2016 because there, in Team Play lobby has terrible lag . I have 700 Mb/s speed and still have lag.

The game itself, gameplay is terrible and it is not good for 2 vs 2 or other co-op mode . The control, the passing , all in this game is just wrong for co-op play .

Konami think that the game's online mode their is good, but people, PES fans who want football simulator who understand football, do not like to play co-op football ?? ... This must be a joke ... :RANT:

I play often 2vs2 online and the server 1 are always full, and the guys dont play 11vs11 but 2vs2, so it's bullshit...

Like Adam says only 0,05% play in full manual... :NONO:
in WEarePES.com all users play in Full Manual, some forum are created about the Full Manual only, so...
Where did Adam said that? I know a lot of people who find full manual a challenge. So, that statement from Adam looks like a little beside the truth, to say it nicely.

Never had 2-3 sec delays matches online with Pes 2016. Online was pretty good.

Are u kidding me? Loaded up online 10 times appr. (PC/PS3)and it took 5 mins at least to enter a match from the main menu (Rocket League takes 10secs), i couldnt play possession football since there is always at least 1-2 secs delay(Rocket League has none, only experienced some lag 5 times in 200+ games), ofcourse the opponent always used OP long balls and OP shooting, spamming buttons and balls forward as its always a goal.
It was fun yes. :CONFUSE: That delay even more brought up the games weaknesses.

And yes i dont even compare it to FIFA as EA is "rich" but undoubtfuly PES has the worst online connection up to date in the category of major titles.

This was even much better in the PS2 era where both participants hosted one half in each game.

But maybe you are on PS4 and PS4 has different server. I wouldnt be suprised.

For me online gaming in pes 2016 is good ,very few games with lag ,
and those are mostly abandoned due to bad connection.
Play ps4 ,no wifi ,played 1000 + games myclub ,pes 2015 was good also.
But can allways be better .

Definitely EA want kill Konami by licenses. This is a strategy to kill Pes. Like i said years ago they know that Pes have potencial with Fox Engine and they afraid to lose a battle in gameplay area. They killed UFC and now it's time to kill Pes.

Are u kidding me? Loaded up online 10 times appr. (PC/PS3)and it took 5 mins at least to enter a match from the main menu (Rocket League takes 10secs), i couldnt play possession football since there is always at least 1-2 secs delay(Rocket League has none, only experienced some lag 5 times in 200+ games), ofcourse the opponent always used OP long balls and OP shooting, spamming buttons and balls forward as its always a goal.
It was fun yes. :CONFUSE: That delay even more brought up the games weaknesses.

And yes i dont even compare it to FIFA as EA is "rich" but undoubtfuly PES has the worst online connection up to date in the category of major titles.

This was even much better in the PS2 era where both participants hosted one half in each game.

But maybe you are on PS4 and PS4 has different server. I wouldnt be suprised.

Never had so much lag. It's perfectly playable. Ps4 version. Even the Myclub free version has no particular lag issues.

you honestly think EA gives a fuck about konami and pes?

They sell massive amounts of units regardless.

Of course they do!

Facts speak for themselves. Years ago, they made a deal with Borussia Dortmund. An exclusive deal of course. But Borussia Dortmund was already available in Fifa, so why an exclusive deal with them? The answer is : to make sure they don't sign with Konami.

It's not only a question of sales, as you said they already sell massive amounts. But as LonsFenomenoo said, they want more. For them business is like a war and Konami is one of their opponents.

Did you guys already read this?
https://forums.pesfan.com/showthread.php?265859-PES-2017-2v2
It's about Konami removed 2 vs 2 mode in PES 2017 because only 1% played it...

Wow I'm quite scared now, does that mean team lobby multiplayer mode will be gone with this version?

We're a group of friends who mostly play online in team lobby mode where we often end up playing 3vs4, 4vs4, 5vs5,...so no more in PES 2017? :CRY:

Wow I'm quite scared now, does that mean team lobby multiplayer mode will be gone with this version?

We're a group of friends who mostly play online in team lobby mode where we often end up playing 3vs4, 4vs4, 5vs5,...so no more in PES 2017? :CRY:

From what I understood is that it is pure the 2 vs 2 mode, not the teamplay mode. But I am not sure.

So if you don't get what you want we must all suffer? Nice man so long as you not being unreasonable

Again there is a huuuge fan base that is positive about PES in its current state. I for one was not over enthralled with PES 2016 like PES 6(VOMIT) but wishing the end of a company is not normal behaviour.

No man, like I said, the franchise would continue...

If we consider how bad Konami treat their employees as many sources confirmed, I wouldnt feel pity if they went bankrupt tbh.

And they dont show evidences that they are really willing to keep on this market for a long time. If they were developing a big AAA game like Silent Hill for example, then we could be safe to say that they didnt loose the passion for this market and are really determined to compete witth the big ones.

Unfortunetly, PES is far from being that AAA game, it looks more like a luxury PSN game, and PES is all they have by now, no other game was presented at E3, and PES was very poorly presented btw.

Such facts represent a sign that they wont survive in the couple of years ahead and we'de better get used to this future fact sooner than later.

Maybe because many of their employees are illegal foreigners ? I think thats a good decision.

But they should t even hire illegal imigrants in the first place. Now they must be suing them lol... Well deserved. Who told them to hire illegals.

How would You know that ?

Back
Top Bottom