PES 2017 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

i said the same thing, it's illegal in the real businesses world to monopolies.
the gaming industry isn't that old, that's why it's allowed for now.
Exclusive licensing shouldn't be allowed.

To all football gamers (Fifa and PES) do you want just one title to choose from?
With NFL football EA did the same shit...Reason was 2K had the better game.

EA's proving there scared of Konami (PES getting the better reviews) buying exclusive licensing. Why else would they be doing it?:!

But this dirty work from EA :TWIST: just might come back to bit them in the ass.
If they :BRMM: off Konami a third party sports developer, then maybe the big boys will jump in (Microsoft/Sony) and we all know first party developments better.

I doubt about Microsoft cos they have good relation with fifa ... but about Sony, I'm hopeful like you :SMUG:

In my opinion konami should able to licenced leagues are not in EA Videogame.
How about South Africa League, Qatar League, Hong Kong League, Peru League, Canada League, Jamaica League and etc... there is a lot of leagues to licenced. Konami should able to licenced as well AFC CUP. The poor leagues can accept cheaper contract. Wake up konami.

I doubt they can make a decent content, even if they have licences !
I think pes development team is good, but is very small !
they definitely need more staffs

exactly !
can't be more agree ...
EA pay money for licence ... ok, it's nice ! it's a kind of improvement !
but paying extra price for prevent others improvement !!!!!! (in this case prevent others licences) by monopoly and exclusive licences ...
this is unfair and even dirty! way that they do !
it is kind of MAFIA

EA spend money to prevent others improvement! while they can spend that money for their self improvement!

So true.

Last edited:
One thing to remember about the J-league license is that konami weren't allowed to include it in PES (only WE japan). surely the same restrictions apply to EA unless the J-league have changed their rules

I assume at this stage enough folks have played PS4 and PC version of PES 2016 - was there any difference whatsoever in the gameplay? I could care less about crowds, lighting etc, but the actual gameplay - is it the same?

Dont forget the PC version have less stadium than Ps4. Is very annoying to play with lower Leagues at Konami Stadium :(

Last edited:
One thing to remember about the J-league license is that konami weren't allowed to include it in PES (only WE japan). surely the same restrictions apply to EA unless the J-league have changed their rules

Well, I don't think there will be any restrictions for EA. The J-League will certainly be available in FIFA17 worldwide.

Honestly, I want to believe PES has a bright future, but this is so tough...
This really saddens me :(. I have to be honest, back in the days when I first played PES/WE, it was not only because I loved football but also because PES was a japanese game. There was a soul to this game beyond football.
I think that Konami didn't understand how important the Japan NT and J-League licenses were. Of course, PES never featured the J-League, but it was part of the reputation of the game.

Seeing the J-League in EA's claws is hurtful. For them that's just another league, another licensed name that will attract new customers and help sinking their only one competitor. They won't care about the license itself, just like they do with almost every league featured in their game the only exception being the Premier League.

Dont forget the PC version have less stadium than Ps4. Is very annoying to play with lower Leagues at Konami Stadium :(

Jep, that's a big problem and something I don't understand, because they have very few stadiums and then the don't include all for the pc version. I don't get it.

Sorry allow me to rant a wee bit I haven't slept much and am a little on edge.

It was official in February and why do we care? did we want to go lay with jlleague teams? Yeah right it's all part of the PES is dying trend in this thread now because Konami lost a license in their own backyard

And yes next bit of news according to an interview with Bhatti is expected at Gamescon.

So until then continue to fling shit at Konami and prophesies it's demise. I am getting too old and ugly for Evo-Web see you chaps after Gamescon for more doom and gloom. Bye.

I did not understand what you meant, but NOT in February was just a rumor, EA recently published it now June 23

JAPAN J1 LEAGUE TO FEATURE IN FIFA 17
POSTED JUNE 23RD AT 6:00PM.

https://www.easports.com/fifa/news/2016/fifa-17-j1-league-announce

don't worry dude, if only one version hasn't problem with stadium shortage, it's PC !
you can use modes on PC, but not on consoles ...
PC mode makers can make everything (in term of contents) for pes

Well, I don't think there will be any restrictions for EA. The J-League will certainly be available in FIFA17 worldwide.

Honestly, I want to believe PES has a bright future, but this is so tough...
This really saddens me :(. I have to be honest, back in the days when I first played PES/WE, it was not only because I loved football but also because PES was a japanese game. There was a soul to this game beyond football.
I think that Konami didn't understand how important the Japan NT and J-League licenses were. Of course, PES never featured the J-League, but it was part of the reputation of the game.

Seeing the J-League in EA's claws is hurtful. For them that's just another league, another licensed name that will attract new customers and help sinking their only one competitor. They won't care about the license itself, just like they do with almost every league featured in their game the only exception being the Premier League.

Dude they still have the AFC champions league. Which not only has the top Japanese teams but also every major or best team in Asia. I don't know if they still have the licenses for it but do think so.

Konami hides behind the "PES is all about gameplay, it always has been" motto. That sentence eliminates any other talk about licenses, stadiums, presentation, broadcast-feeling, menus, responsiveness, etc automatically. They HAD to come up´with that sentence 3 years ago to avoid any complaints and/or questions about all these aspects. Things that actually do matter to every one of us who play football games. Don't believe me? Go on then, read EVERY SINGLE PES POST IN EVERY SINGLE FORUM and you'll see how many people gets pissed of by the lack of stadiums, licenses, presetantion, etc every year?.

Truth is... no one knows what PES 'is all about'. It's a mixture of things.

First they tell you that "all we care about is gameplay" but then they celebrate and make a big fuss whenever they get some new license, like Champions League years ago, or COPA LIBERTADORES, and now EURO 2016.... so what is it then, Konami? All about gameplay? Or Licenses too?.

Konami hides behind the "PES is all about gameplay, it always has been" motto. That sentence eliminates any other talk about licenses, stadiums, presentation, broadcast-feeling, menus, responsiveness, etc automatically. They HAD to come up´with that sentence 3 years ago to avoid any complaints and/or questions about all these aspects. Things that actually do matter to every one of us who play football games. Don't believe me? Go on then, read EVERY SINGLE PES POST IN EVERY SINGLE FORUM and you'll see how many people gets pissed of by the lack of stadiums, licenses, presetantion, etc every year?.

First they tell you that "all we care about is gameplay" but then they celebrate and make a big fuss whenever they get some new license, like Champions League years ago, or COPA LIBERTADORES, and now EURO 2016.... so what is it then, Konami? All about gameplay? Or Licenses too?.

So you expect them not to want to have any licenses? They don't care as much because the competition has more money for that. So obviously they would like to secure some deals and talk about it. I can't imagine playing PES without any licenses.

not take everything so literal

The most important is the gameplay, licenses are secondary, if the gameplay is broken the importance of licenses it is equal to zero

But Konami have to mention anyway licenses to acquire or maintain, but always leaving them in the background as it has done so far.

Obviously this is my opinion

don't worry dude, if only one version hasn't problem with stadium shortage, it's PC !
Mmh... 41 stadium max
I make an example
Its very ugly to play with Britannia Stadium on every match
More fake stadium like Studio Orione was good.

Last edited:
Mmh... 41 stadiuma max
I make an example
Its ugly to play with Britannia Stadium on every match
More fake stadium like Studio Orione was good.

Yep, I think so too, we need stadiums like Studio Orione, Ville Marie Stadium, Rose Park Arena, Mohammed Lewis Stadium, Estadio del Martingal etc.
on the PC, too. And even smaller ones!

not take everything so literal

The most important is the gameplay, licenses are secondary, if the gameplay is broken the importance of licenses it is equal to zero

But Konami have to mention anyway licenses to acquire or maintain, but always leaving them in the background as it has done so far.

Obviously this is my opinion

Whilst I do agree with you 100% on gameplay being number one In my opinion if konami have the same thoughts and completely dismiss licences year on year then sales will be battered and so will future budgets. The problem they have now is that they cannot rely on gameplay alone as FIFA has overtook on that part also. In PES 5/6 days this strategy was ok as FIFA didn't compete on the pitch, now it does and more so, PES need to compete in all aspects of the game

To those that say licences aren't important, spare a thought for XBOX 1 owners. Those of us who have a PS4 or PC can import or mod kits but XB1 owners don't have that luxury. Konami should have at least offered an alternative option, maybe in the form of pixel editor.

Last edited:
To those that say licences aren't important, spare a thought for XBOX 1 owners. Those of us who have a PS4 or PC can import or mod kits but XB1 owners don't have that luxury. Konami should have at least offered an alternative option, maybe in the form of pixel editor.

Yes, but I think Konami does this on purpose. I think they have a deal with Sony to allow a way to edit kits. It would be easy for Konami to negociate with Microsoft to use the same editing tools. For the second year in a row PS4 has a far better editor with more properties then Xbox 1.

I consider to buy the PC version, but I wonder is you can edit things in the PC version because this version uses Steam. Will Steam allow editing kits?

Last edited:
If i were you id buy it on PC instead editing pixels. Those few graphical features doesnt worth it and you get 1080p :P

And yes you can edit the shit out of the game on PC and use it even online.

Yes, but I think Konami does this on purpose. I think they have a deal with Sony to allow a way to edit kits. It would be easy for Konami to negociate with Microsoft to use the same editing tools. For the second year in a row PS4 has a far better editor with more properties then Xbox 1.

Yep, look at all the exclusive stuff that the PS4 version got:
More stadiums, better graphics, [easy] kit-import feature, etc.

Im pretty sure that they have a contract with Sony that PES on the PS4 has to be the best version.

That annoys me. :R1

They have a contract with Sony, Adam said it somewhere. I think he answered this to a question why only on PS4 consoles the demo is presented.

I understand them, they need money. And btw PS4 doesnt have much "exclusives" so its kinda cool. And im a PC user.

I understand them, they need money. And btw PS4 doesnt have much "exclusives" so its kinda cool. And im a PC user.

I'm a PC user, too. And I understand your point.
But I always edit the game myself, I barely use mods, except them which make the PC version equal to the PS4 version. (coach animations, movie adboards, sweetFX)

That's just I want to do it and so these things, especially the stadiums, are very important to me. ;)

They have a contract with Sony, Adam said it somewhere. I think he answered this to a question why only on PS4 consoles the demo is presented.

But as an alternative for people who have no PS4, can you edit the option file from the PC version? In early years that was possible, but now with Steam I wonder if that can still be done...

Somebody knows? :?

But as an alternative for people who have no PS4, can you edit the option file from the PC version? In early years that was possible, but now with Steam I wonder if that can still be done...

Somebody knows? :?

Yes, you can nearly edit anything on PC.

not worth to buy it if you dont have such money, no such exclusives there. gaming isnt like 10-20 yrs ago where every platform has its own charm. but its an off topic

not worth to buy it if you dont have such money, no such exclusives there. gaming isnt like 10-20 yrs ago where every platform has its own charm. but its an off topic

Then the only things remaining are the system specifications of PES 2017 on the PC.
If those remain the same as PES 2016, I will not have problems.
Is any news released about system specs?

Then the only things remaining are the system specifications of PES 2017 on the PC.
If those remain the same as PES 2016, I will not have problems.
Is any news released about system specs?

If the requirements stay the same on PC I will not be buying it for the second year running.

I have just begun to play the free pes myclub 2016 and as much as i find the gameplay more enjoyable than Fifa the graphics and licenses as stadiums have gone backwards and I am not willing to pay for a game when there has been no effort made to bring the pc version on par with PS4 and XB1.

If the requirements stay the same on PC I will not be buying it for the second year running.

I have just begun to play the free pes myclub 2016 and as much as i find the gameplay more enjoyable than Fifa the graphics and licenses as stadiums have gone backwards and I am not willing to pay for a game when there has been no effort made to bring the pc version on par with PS4 and XB1.

That is your intention, but it doesn't answer my question ;)

And here we go again, I gonna quote me again for the people don't see it...

Well, like a modder, kitmaker, ballmaker and a lot of things I already do it for PES, and others modders I know, do you think we aren't enough for do the work of Konami FREE?? It's so easy wait for the modders do kits and other things free for the people play like a complete licensed game, we are on 2016!! I not pay 40-60€ for a game I have to make it almost from 0 because only have gameplay, if they want our money, they have to make the things well and have better employers for have a better final game.

Changue you all the mind because accepting what Konami is doing with PES, less people gonna do it patches, kits, balls, adboards or other things, and you all know it this already from some years ago, alot of people stopped to edit the game.

For what I read, PES 2017 for PC gonna be another "hybrid" so I'm out of edition for next PES, I not gonna buy too, I had enough already about that "things" are doing, you all are talking about EA with licenses, but what happen with PES and Sony contract? That's not the same? :R1

Back
Top Bottom