PES 2017 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

For anyone confused ,this is the PES 2017 thread by the way.

Any silly attempts to derail it will be deleted.

Oddly enough we have enough space and diversity here at Evo Web to afford an individual thread for almost any seperate topic.

Beats the shit out of me when people directly post FIFA chat in PES thread.

DONT DO IT.:R1

sorry just now read this

Option File Sharing
zlatan-ibrahimovic-o.gif

and i dont even own a PS4. im so happy 4 u guys honestly! u r missing out for a long time
Let's wait if it is real option file sharing or just sharing exported teams, players or whatever (would be as well a plus).
Last year they lured us I am not jumping on any hype train anymore...

I wonder if they dramatically increase the amount a images to import into the game...

This is spot on in many ways. That said, why should that prevent Konami from at least fixing the many broken aspects of the game? I prefer FIFA's simplistic gameplay more than PES' more-complex gameplay, simply because FIFA ACTUALLY WORKS. The game isn't broken like PES is.

I've just noticed your post now angus . . .the point I was making was that konami are in a position financially of trying to secure a much larger fanbase which Fifa don't have to worry about. It's all about trying to attract the casual players while sacrificing what they had originally set out to do as in a cult sim game. They seem to be willing to ignore the problems at the moment to form a strong fanbase and make the game more pick up and play fun with tons of goals but they've realised that the loyal old school guys aren't too happy and are about to jump ship to Fifa .. .Pes 2017 seems to be a sweetener to appease the hardcore fans but at the back of it I feel that they're stuck as to which direction to take things. . . .ideally I would say they would prefer a 50/50 situation and don't seriously want to go back to an old days cult/sim game because it won't draw in the revenue. Let's see how the demo turns out. I could be totally wrong.

I've just noticed your post now angus . . .the point I was making was that konami are in a position financially of trying to secure a much larger fanbase which Fifa don't have to worry about. It's all about trying to attract the casual players while sacrificing what they had originally set out to do as in a cult sim game. They seem to be willing to ignore the problems at the moment to form a strong fanbase and make the game more pick up and play fun with tons of goals but they've realised that the loyal old school guys aren't too happy and are about to jump ship to Fifa .. .Pes 2017 seems to be a sweetener to appease the hardcore fans but at the back of it I feel that they're stuck as to which direction to take things. . . .ideally I would say they would prefer a 50/50 situation and don't seriously want to go back to an old days cult/sim game because it won't draw in the revenue. Let's see how the demo turns out. I could be totally wrong.

the reason todays football games are boring is there not like real football at all.
offensive heavy games today are the opposite of real football

There is too much focus on "realistic" graphics & fancy animations... Animations are important, but it is more important for them to work well with the game mechanics. That is what makes PES5/6 WE8/9 such great games. The older games have less animation varieties than the new generation PES games, but because of how well the animations work with the game mechanics in the older games, they look & feel much more authentic even with their lesser graphics & varieties of animations.

There is too much focus on "realistic" graphics & fancy animations... Animations are important, but it is more important for them to work well with the game mechanics. That is what makes PES5/6 WE8/9 such great games. The older games have less animation varieties than the new generation PES games, but because of how well the animations work with the game mechanics in the older games, they look & feel much more authentic even with their lesser graphics & varieties of animations.

very true

my conversation with one who tested the game on pes day:

-Barry is pes 17 passing is so assisted like 2016?
some review mentioned more accurate pass
It make me worry !
That they did not fix super assisted passing system
+Passing is not as assisted man, 2 bar is perfect
3 bar needs to go though and I told Konami this
-Thanks
What about dribbling?
is that too easy kile 2016?
+Dribbling is kind of the same but the defenders are so good this year, I hope they do not change the game at all from what I played

I was thinking exactly that yesterday - as someone who knows nothing about American football but likes sport, I try to play Madden every year and come unstuck because I don't know enough about what plays work against what set-ups. So, as a casual, I can't really play it.

Whereas, FIFA (and especially Ultimate Team)... If you understand that 85 is a bigger number than 84 (and therefore can pick the best overall-rated players for your team's default formation), you don't have to worry about anything else, from a set-up standpoint.

Why?

I think you're just found out why, Chris. Because it's more simple for casual players.

Blimey, morning EvoWebbers!

Not been on here for a while, probably because I have not enjoyed the footy games in recent years. Pes 16 was ok, but nothing great 3 years in to this generation.

I still hate the way players shoot, the robotic keepers and lack of satisfaction when scoring? I'm hopeful Pes17 will be a step up in those area's with a hint of an upgrade in graphics but I will not hold my breath!

At least they are giving us lots of net options this year :P:COAT:

They seem to be willing to ignore the problems at the moment to form a strong fanbase and make the game more pick up and play fun with tons of goals but they've realized that the loyal old school guys aren't too happy
Okay, I guess I distinguish between making the game pick up and play -- and I understand why they are doing that -- versus not fixing any of the very obvious CPU AI issues that have been in the game for two years now. To me these are two separate discussion points. Now if by pick up and play you mean they are focused on making the game more PvP/online oriented, then I can understand your point here. As in focusing on the game modes that don't incorporate CPU team AI, which would explain not prioritizing patching the CPU AI. I've read that something like 85% of sports gamers only ever play online versus another player, and if that's the case it does explain things. Not that I agree with that particular game development strategy -- not caring that one aspect of the game is essentially broken, two years running now -- but I can somewhat understand it at least.

It's going to be a looong time till this demo comes out before we can say how this game is.

Yes, but i have seen already that the game will be like a smoother improved version of PES 2015.

At the moment i'm 50/50. I think i will like the game like 2015 but its not enough of an true evolution.

Would be nice if there was a W-D-L record dedicated only to online divisions, and not just an overall one for it and online competitions. And perhaps the introduction of manual only competitions? Not good enough to complete with average assisted players :D

:') there isnt much difference between 2015 and 2016 so whatte?

2015 was where every team wanted to play like Spain, and 2016 they didn't, but it still wasn't robotic. I think 2014 was closer than both, but had terrible LOD for PC, and the backline mishaps made everything a through-ball fest.

2015 was where every team wanted to play like Spain, and 2016 they didn't, but it still wasn't robotic. I think 2014 was closer than both, but had terrible LOD for PC, and the backline mishaps made everything a through-ball fest.

And there was no individuality. There were no speed/sprint differences between players. Impossible to dribble.

There were so many things that were wrong with 2014. It's just that some people love to praise it because it was "hard". People love a difficult game. People hate a scoring fest (I do too). It's like it's 'cool' to crave for a hard game where you have to pass the ball from the LW to a CB around a thousand times. 0-0's cool nowadays man. Forget about a player like Cuadrado sprinting past a player like Roncaglia (which is a given in real life). Or a player like Robben getting past River Plate's Vangioni (which would be obvious in real life). Why would you want that when you can have EVERY PLAYER HAVING THE SAME STATS AND QUALITIES NO MATTER WHO HE IS?!....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hcq1ZuyUSJ4

Last edited:
And there was no individuality. There were no speed/sprint differences between players. Impossible to dribble.

There were so many things that were wrong with 2014. It's just that some people love to praise it because it was "hard". People love a difficult game. People hate a scoring fest (I do too). It's like it's 'cool' to crave for a hard game where you have to pass the ball from the LW to a CB around a thousand times. 0-0's cool nowadays man. Forget about a player like Cuadrado sprinting past a player like Roncaglia (which is a given in real life). Or a player like Robben getting past River Plate's Vangioni (which would be obvious in real life). Why would you want that when you can have EVERY PLAYER HAVING THE SAME STATS AND QUALITIES NO MATTER WHO HE IS?!....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hcq1ZuyUSJ4

Yeah, no - definitely wasn't putting my hat on PES 2014 if that's what you're thinking. I think I've made it ridiculously clear that the PES 14-16 era have been the worst of PES, the worst. The lesser of those evils, is PES 14 though. It had a couple of things that needed to be tweaked, but it had potential to be built off of better. Instead, PES 2015 was again KONAMI reinventing the wheel vs just tightening the screws.

My very first impressions of PES 14, anything positive quickly dissipated though. It had potential, it was very promising, but the backline issue being the biggest culprit was enough of a gamebreaker for me.:

http://youtu.be/J0IHH8WnRT0

Yes, but i have seen already that the game will be like a smoother improved version of PES 2015.

At the moment i'm 50/50. I think i will like the game like 2015 but its not enough of an true evolution.

So much for the 3 year cycle then eh.

But let's just wait for the demo.

Yeah, no - definitely wasn't putting my hat on PES 2014 if that's what you're thinking. I think I've made it ridiculously clear that the PES 14-16 era have been the worst of PES, the worst. The lesser of those evils, is PES 14 though. It had a couple of things that needed to be tweaked, but it had potential to be built off of better. Instead, PES 2015 was again KONAMI reinventing the wheel vs just tightening the screws.

My very first impressions of PES 14, anything positive quickly dissipated though. It had potential, it was very promising, but the backline issue being the biggest culprit was enough of a gamebreaker for me.:

http://youtu.be/J0IHH8WnRT0

Yeah I get your point. My post wasn't directed to you, obviously. You are among those who I always look forward to read, whenever I'm here.

There's always something that doesn't round up in Konami's games after PES 6. Even PES 2013, which I LOVED. When they get something close to perfect, they screw something else up.
Unfortunately, those of us who have been begging for them to take more time to develop the game will never get rewarded. If they only took more than a year to work on the next game, and provide little updates (roster updates, kits, etc) in the meantime for the previous version, I'm 100% sure they would get it spot on. The 'perfect' football game in every aspects sounds impossible to have, but at least they could make ends meet.

Yeah I get your point. My post wasn't directed to you, obviously. You are among those who I always look forward to read, whenever I'm here.

There's always something that doesn't round up in Konami's games after PES 6. Even PES 2013, which I LOVED. When they get something close to perfect, they screw something else up.
Unfortunately, those of us who have been begging for them to take more time to develop the game will never get rewarded. If they only took more than a year to work on the next game, and provide little updates (roster updates, kits, etc) in the meantime for the previous version, I'm 100% sure they would get it spot on. The 'perfect' football game in every aspects sounds impossible to have, but at least they could make ends meet.

The best case scenario for a football game would be a series that spawns a new game every 2-3 years, with updates on rosters/kits/promoted teams every six months depending on the league (even if they charged U$S20-30 for it, I'd still buy it) with enough time to develop a full fledged, completely different title in the meantime, but I don't think that would be as profitable, obviously, nevermind feasible.

So in your opinion PES 6 (vomit) was perfect?

There has NEVER been a perfect video game. Never.

So much for the 3 year cycle then eh.

But let's just wait for the demo.

If we're going with the cycle theory you would think that 14 is considered a write off and 15 was the start of a new cycle. Instead of trying too hard and creating a bug ridden mess, they kept it simple and playable (perhaps at the expense of realism) with 16 they added the physicallty and AI improvements although they did regress in playability slightly. 17 looks like it might well address those regressions in 16 AND work on the simplicity that was present in both.

As usual the proof will be in the demo flavoured pudding.

If it's true that we have improvements in keepers, refs, passing, AI and game speed/fluidity then we're in for something good. Personally i will be keeping an eye on what has inevitably been sacrificed to make those improvements!

Close to perfect. He didn't say perfect.

PES 6 was by no means a vomit-inducing game. Of course it had some players who were overpowered, who could just score from 30-40 yards by pressing left (or right) and shoot. But outside of those players, it also had more expressive and reactive dribbling & passing, which allowed for some fantastic goals and creativity. Generally speaking I didn't have any problems playing against people with top sides, while I used teams a tier or two down. And I had some fantastic co-op experiences, particularly with a Dutch guy who was a kindred spirit. We were Yorke and Cole, enjoying setting each other up more than scoring our own goals.

PES 6 leant too heavily towards attack than defence, just as PES always veered from defence to attack from year to year - odds being defensive, evens being attacking. But practically every PES title since has had more exploits, or been more attack biased, or been so sluggish that you can't improvise your way out of tight spaces, or has had zero passing inaccuracy so anybody could string together absurdly precise passing moves.

I pray that 2017 can get anywhere close to PES 4's balance, let alone PES 6 or PES 5. Right now there's probably more than two years' worth of work to do to get there, if the developers even still have the right priorities.

The thing that badly needs rework is the input handling for PC. The input lag is horrendous and makes the game unplayable.

They also really need to improve the individuality. PES was always known for player individuality but after PES 2014, they seem to remove the whole stats. Even speed doesn't make a lot of difference let alone pass accuracy.

Yeah stats in the most recent games has little impact compared to the PS2 games and even the PS3 ones excluding pes2014 of course.

Like @romagnoli was stating, pes of PS2 have some super power players like Adriano, Shevchenko, etc. But all of them were possible to counter. I played many offline multi-player tournaments in that games and every one had their peculiar way of approaching the game, like in real life everyone had its own style. Some played all out defense countering, others played a passing game, other a running down the wing style. Depending on the players/teams we used, all of them had pros and conns, and that was the beauty of the games.

Nowadays everyone plays the same way because stats care less and the game is Scripted forcing people to play the same way. Through lobbed or ground balls to a fast strong striker or winger and then R2 shoot for goal. Boring boring as hell. In PS2 games changing tactics in the middle of the game or adjusting attack defense levels or adjusting the movement arrows of the players had an instant impact. Memory cards with team tactics that days worth more than gold

Back
Top Bottom