PES 2017 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

And yes, I also feel PES 2011 was the highlight of the last generation, more for the positive step forward it represented above all else. It was a very solid football game in it's own right, more so than the last few years' offerings which all suffer from potentially game-breaking issues (whether it be poor 'keeping, lack of fouls, ease of shooting etc...)

Imo, it was PES 2011's MLO beta that was great, not 2011.

I calculate this stats from: here
pes sales (all platform):
pes 2007: 6.53 M (copies)
pes 2008: 8.56 M
pes 2009: 6.87 M
pes 2010: 5.98 M
pes 2011: 4.88 M
pes 2012: no stats
pes 2013: 2.52 M
pes 2014: no stats
pes 2015: 1.71 M
pes 2016: 1.40 M

what I should find from this, is:
Dear(not really!) Konami! stop going to pleasing everyone by making arcade game(which definitely you can't!) and going to make game for only hardcores !
that maybe survive you ! (albeit if you even want to survive!!)

not for god sake! not even for our welcome! ... but because money that you can earn !

there is definitely more than 1.4 M hardcore football gamer which prefer simulation factor over than arcade factor ...
IF YOU WANT MORE SALE (considering your poor licences and poor advertisement) you have to aim only hardcores

Look at 2008's sales being high. It must've happened because people had high expectations coming from PES 6/2007 and 2008 being the supposed next-gen jump.

The reason why sales are going down is because PES isn't doing itself a favor when they have weak game modes and empty promises. Yes they have ML and MyClub but they are missing features in those modes that a lot of people hoped for. PES 2017 looks like it will get the trend at least a lot better than before. I think if they do modes like having their own version of Futsal, ML online, Pro clubs, and a story mode where you get to play through the life of a legend, as an example Zidane or Roberto Carlos, I think that will be pretty cool. Also maybe a mode where you get to score real life goals in the game. If PES has all those game modes/features, expect stiff competition.

The reason why sales are going down is because PES isn't doing itself a favor when they have weak game modes and empty promises. Yes they have ML and MyClub but they are missing features in those modes that a lot of people hoped for. PES 2017 looks like it will get the trend at least a lot better than before. I think if they do modes like having their own version of Futsal, ML online, Pro clubs, and a story mode where you get to play through the life of a legend, as an example Zidane or Roberto Carlos, I think that will be pretty cool. Also maybe a mode where you get to score real life goals in the game. If PES has all those game modes/features, expect stiff competition.

They should bring back that old scenario mode. Loved it to bits.

how did 12 get so bad if 11 was so good

That´s what I always been wondering.

I loved 2011, got it even for PC AND PS3, played the ML to death, loved the MLO mode (the best one ever), even made a goal highlights video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqSRIuVNdmw

Some said, that maybe the need to implement 5 different passing levels made it worse.
2012 was a total let down to me, since 2011 was so great imo.

PES never was a simulator, Adam sees it well. It just had more depth to it than FIFA and the reason why they took out proper ball physics, stats thats a big question, and another one maybe FOX Engine was a big mistake if it takes years to develope a football game on it....but hey its free since its Konami engine.

Turned on my PS3 and tried out PES 2015's demo just for fun to see the player id you talking about...and damn that game is...i mean the passing is so slow (compared to other things in this game) yet the players run like they were in a benny hill show, shooting is also quick as hell. Its just weird. Dont understand how it could win anything ...everything :O Probably people got fed up with FIFA's 6 years old gameplay.

PES 2014 and 2016 demos are also on but i didnt dare to try them out after this. But still 2016 - i fear - is a must to play before 2017s demo just to see the difference.

I calculate this stats from: here
pes sales (all platform):
pes 2007: 6.53 M (copies)
pes 2008: 8.56 M
pes 2009: 6.87 M
pes 2010: 5.98 M
pes 2011: 4.88 M
pes 2012: no stats
pes 2013: 2.52 M
pes 2014: no stats
pes 2015: 1.71 M
pes 2016: 1.40 M

what I should find from this, is:
Dear(not really!) Konami! stop going to pleasing everyone by making arcade game(which definitely you can't!) and going to make game for only hardcores !
that maybe survive you ! (albeit if you even want to survive!!)

not for god sake! not even for our welcome! ... but because money that you can earn !

there is definitely more than 1.4 M hardcore football gamer which prefer simulation factor over than arcade factor ...
IF YOU WANT MORE SALE (considering your poor licences and poor advertisement) you have to aim only hardcores

Oh dear are you quoting VGCHARTS? next we will start using Wikipedia for news.

Seriously guys I am getting too old for this shit.

These are much more reliable datas from ZhugeEx

https://twitter.com/zhugeex/status/737090987999264769

lGSXhTB.jpg

Don't read vgchartz, it's not reliable.

P.s. This data doesn't include Uefa Euro 2016 sales.

PES never was a simulator, Adam sees it well. It just had more depth to it than FIFA and the reason why they took out proper ball physics, stats thats a big question, and another one maybe FOX Engine was a big mistake if it takes years to develope a football game on it....but hey its free since its Konami engine.

Only FOX&HAVOK can save Pes. No doubt :)) and it will happen:))

Right guys. We're getting too offtopic now.

Re: La liga's license, well that's another blow for PES.

Personally, I don't care about licenses, but I'm just one person.

Right guys. We're getting too offtopic now.

Re: La liga's license, well that's another blow for PES.

Personally, I don't care about licenses, but I'm just one person.

Yeah, I don't really care about licenses either. Just want a good enough game that the community will find worthy to modify :) .

Here's hoping that both Konami and EA deliver 2 great games of football, this year that all gamers can equally enjoy.:PRAY: :PRAY:

OK, who will be cover star ?
What are your predictions?
They tease him in the end of the teaser.. yeah.. teaser in teaser in teaser ..
https://youtu.be/YegnDqrDgBA?t=56s

What we can say..
He is with number 10 , he play for Arsenal , his stronger foot is left ...

Jack Wilshere ? :CONFUSE:

Last edited:
Konami still don't get that they lost the licensing war three years ago.

They should just move the playing field. Makes PES the game where the community can create 1000s of teams to play in 1000s of different stadiums with the very best gameplay. Games such as Don Bradman Cricket, Johan Lomu Rugby and The Golf Club already do this.

:SHOCK: Impossible.. after FIFA .. again in PES.. and he do not play for Arsenal :D They put player with licensed club team in the game , Barca is not .

but that player doesn't wear arsenal or atletico madrid kit in the teaser.
I think the teaser is some kind of misleading,it is the match between arsenal and atletico madrid
and then suddenly a player with pes kit appears in the match lmao
I don't think its wilshere,it will be a huge downgrade from neymar/bale
Also don't think its the player in arsenal or atletico madrid,last year konami didn't mind to show neymar as cover star in the teaser
this year konami wants to hide it at first,i think it could be a big deal
Now that player is number 10 with left foot,i think/hope its messi
but that will be a surprise as messi was fifa cover star in the past years,
you're right barca is not licensed this year but that could be the reason the player wears pes kit in the teaser
however it still make no sense that a player with pes kit appears in the match between arsenal and atletico madrid lol

Last edited:
however it still make no sense that a player with pes kit appears in the match between arsenal and atletico madrid lol

Maybe that's just a fan invading the pitch, another attempt from Konami to make their game look more realistic :COOL:

Joke aside, if Messi ever comes back as a PES cover star that would not be a good sign for PES as a product. Given that he was Fifa's frontman for years, people could think Konami can only pick what EA ditch, which is unfortunately not untrue.

Konami still don't get that they lost the licensing war three years ago.

They should just move the playing field. Makes PES the game where the community can create 1000s of teams to play in 1000s of different stadiums with the very best gameplay. Games such as Don Bradman Cricket, Johan Lomu Rugby and The Golf Club already do this.

Agree totally with you shilts. . they're going to lose every license eventually anyway.

EA's dumb doing what there doing anyway, spending shit loads on licensing.
Instead of development, for better AI and game-play.
Not getting them shit, the community will just make PES fully licensed anyway at no cost to Konami....

Japanese are smart people..

Back
Top Bottom