PES 2017 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

Konami still don't get that they lost the licensing war three years ago.

They should just move the playing field. Makes PES the game where the community can create 1000s of teams to play in 1000s of different stadiums with the very best gameplay. Games such as Don Bradman Cricket, Johan Lomu Rugby and The Golf Club already do this.

+1

It is time for another company to challenge EA. Konami lost millions of fans over the years. How many more before they realize, the game needs a new engine, better gameplay, better graphics, better mechanics?

EA's dumb doing what there doing anyway, spending shit loads on licensing.
Instead of development, for better AI and game-play.
Not getting them shit, the community will just make PES fully licensed anyway at no cost to Konami....

Japanese are smart people..

People care about licensing and online stability, two areas in which PES sucks at. If you think EA is pulling away solely based on gameplay than I don't know what to tell you.

The majority people don't want to edit a game on their own nor do they know about option files and modding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

These are much more reliable datas from ZhugeEx

https://twitter.com/zhugeex/status/737090987999264769

lGSXhTB.jpg

Don't read vgchartz, it's not reliable.

P.s. This data doesn't include Uefa Euro 2016 sales.

which is the source of this info?

Not the twitter, I mean the sales chart?

These forums lol. You know it's the leadup to a new game when sales charts come out and someone pre-emptively bans talk of what percentage the code is at.

"Don't worry guys, there's still heaps of stuff being added."

EA's dumb doing what there doing anyway, spending shit loads on licensing.
Instead of development, for better AI and game-play.
Not getting them shit, the community will just make PES fully licensed anyway at no cost to Konami....

Japanese are smart people..
Lol, no EA is not dumb, in fact they are smarter than Konami, muuuuchhh smarter. Why will they bother with game play that much if licensing and great online, and UT provide them millions in sales every year.

Is Konami smarter for #gameplayisking for about 10 years and yet didn't nailed it. Remember Konami after PES 6? They were just like EA is today except that they didn't have licenses nor good online or even better game play, they were living from the past glorys.

The problem was that EA had loads of money to keep investing and turn the things around, but I'm not sure that if Konami does not nail this year, they will have the resources to keep the game at least up to par.

Konami still don't get that they lost the licensing war three years ago.

They should just move the playing field. Makes PES the game where the community can create 1000s of teams to play in 1000s of different stadiums with the very best gameplay. Games such as Don Bradman Cricket, Johan Lomu Rugby and The Golf Club already do this.
The Golf Club is a pretty good attempt at a simulation, too (albeit at about 20fps thanks to Unity).

The amount of courses is incredible - not just the major ones, either. I searched for my local municipal course, as a joke more than anything, and it's there. Pretty accurate, too. All on console. Such a great feeling.

It'd feel even better if PES was so open to community creation, and someone created an English lower-league structure / squads pack, or better yet, a worldwide lower-league pack...

It's good to dream.

What's clear is the downward trend in sales means konami haven't got the wallet to pay for or chase licenses..

Then you have to throw marketing costs and you begin to wonder how much is actually left for game development and spending money where it's really needed..

Without being overly pessimistic,I do worry for pes and what direction it's heading..

Is this year just another cut and shut..tweaking the same tired code with fox assets in the hope sooner or later they create something that has the same level of longevity and playability as way back when(it's the million dollar question).

Still think there polishing a turd,with a lot of new promises and a fancy new coat of paint..lets hope I'm proved wrong..

What's needed is a big step up like the strides Fifa made when it went next gen 2 iterations ago..90s mechanics don't cut it in 2016..

Last edited:
+1

That would be lovely!

i once created the whole amateur league (9th devision in GER, there are 13 :p) i play in just for fun (on ps2 that was, waaaaaay back...)! then i created the whole team i play for (player stats and look).
my friends came over to have a few matches and it was so fun to play with the "real teams"!

i once created the whole amateur league (9th devision in GER, there are 13 :p) i play in just for fun (on ps2 that was, waaaaaay back...)! then i created the whole team i play for (player stats and look).
my friends came over to have a few matches and it was so fun to play with the "real teams"!
That's the kind of thing I love - not the effort to patch those teams in (which I've given up on, I don't have the time any more), but them being there from the start (either in the game or in a community update).

Especially when the engine is deep enough for you to see a real difference between playing with a professional team and an amateur team (the kind of shape difference and mental difference you see reflected on Football Manager).

I feel like, in 2016, a football game (as opposed to a manager game) should be able to do it, but it's just that no devs want to take that on (because the vast majority of the audience just want to be their favourite top-league team and score as many goals as they can, because "that's what's fun")...

If KONAMI doesn´t have the financial and legal possibilities to gain more licenses, then be it.
I don´t think that the license issue makes them lose against EA.

What they need to do is:
- make it easy to edit the game by the user (stadiums, players, leagues etc)
- get the gameplay right (that includes tactics, fixed refs, gk animations, ball trajectory, etc)
- stable servers
- better copy protection PC
- frigging test the game properly!

Specially the last point!
It´s beyond comprehension to me that none of KONAMI´s workers noticed that there are hardly any fouls in the game.
That the replay cam is fugly as hell.
That the variation is gone, that manual isn´t really manual and so on and so on.
It´s like as if the devs are casual gamers too.

Also no point in spending money on a cover star. I wouldn´t care if they put Hillary Clinton on the cover...main thing is that the game is good.
PES 2014 didn´t have any cover star.
Or wasting time on stuff like implementing goal celebrations and other useless stuff.

Yeah, I understand, marketing is important too, but instead of putting energy on stuff like mentionend above, put it all in the gameplay and edit mode.

They got the better faces, player models and lifelike animations. Fuckin make use of this and focus on the gameplay!

If the game plays so much better than EA´s prodcut they still could win over fans.

Just my two cents.
Maybe 2017 goes a little in the above mentionend direction.

It'd feel even better if PES was so open to community creation, and someone created an English lower-league structure / squads pack, or better yet, a worldwide lower-league pack...

It's good to dream.

It IS good to dream. Imagine a PES where you could create everything from the 1970 World Cup to your local Sunday league team, the Maracana stadium to your local park.

a fully moddable game isnt quiet a good business for them...who would buy the next one then if it only offers gameplay improvements?
I totally see your point, and it's probably one reason (other than general incompetence) why they always cripple edit mode one way or another.

But... You can switch teams between leagues now, can't you (or at least I think you can)? So in PES 2016, I could update every league (excluding the licensed ones, I'm guessing - of which there are fewer each year) to have the 2016/2017 teams. The only problem would be the new tier-2 promoted teams, but even then, you could edit them in over the relegated teams.

So if it was going to cause sales issues, surely it already would be - and we're all here, every year, with big complaints about the previous PES and excited for what new gameplay and game modes the new one will bring (and I think the general public also want the new game primarily for the new features). So, I don't think it's a valid argument.

Last edited:
If KONAMI doesn´t have the financial and legal possibilities to gain more licenses, then be it.
I don´t think that the license issue makes them lose against EA.

What they need to do is:
- make it easy to edit the game by the user (stadiums, players, leagues etc)
- get the gameplay right (that includes tactics, fixed refs, gk animations, ball trajectory, etc)
- stable servers
- better copy protection PC
- frigging test the game properly!

Specially the last point!
It´s beyond comprehension to me that none of KONAMI´s workers noticed that there are hardly any fouls in the game.
That the replay cam is fugly as hell.
That the variation is gone, that manual isn´t really manual and so on and so on.
It´s like as if the devs are casual gamers too.

Also no point in spending money on a cover star. I wouldn´t care if they put Hillary Clinton on the cover...main thing is that the game is good.
PES 2014 didn´t have any cover star.
Or wasting time on stuff like implementing goal celebrations and other useless stuff.

Yeah, I understand, marketing is important too, but instead of putting energy on stuff like mentionend above, put it all in the gameplay and edit mode.

They got the better faces, player models and lifelike animations. Fuckin make use of this and focus on the gameplay!

If the game plays so much better than EA´s prodcut they still could win over fans.

Just my two cents.
Maybe 2017 goes a little in the above mentionend direction.

Tactically and interms of cosmetics as you've mentioned pes has it nailed..I even prefer the feel of the ball in pes despite the limited plain of direction..

It's the inconsistency and elements that feel dated that tarnish the overall experience in 2016..

For me there still trying to get a square peg through a round hole and until that changes the same flaws and inconsistencies will remain..

PES is already an incredibly customizable game, one of the best sports games ever in that department. In which other game can you edit any and all aspects of any player in the game? None. No its problem isn't customization and editing and never has been. Its problem is the robotic player movement and animations, and the poorly implemented CPU momentum AI, and the many player ratings that have no affect, and the broken tactic settings that don't work. It is the most customizable and clunky and half-broken game ever.

Last edited:
PES is already an incredibly customizable game, one of the best sports games ever in that department. In which other game can you edit any and all aspects of any player in the game? None. No its problem isn't customization and editing and never has been. Its problem is the robotic player movement and animations, and the poorly implemented CPU momentum AI, and the many player ratings that have no affect, and the broken tactic settings that don't work. It is the most customizable and clunky and half-broken game ever.

:LOL:

Definitely would love to see a real shake up and some blue sky thinking..somethings that's fresh,offering a new learning curve and different control interface..

Something that's revolutionary,like pes was originally.

Feel like I'm playing less of a game on hardware that makes the ps2 seem like a steam train compared to the horsepower of modern console architecture..

Forget EA, licences and what not...the biggest threat to PES is Konami themselves. With the exception of PES, the company has completely withdrawn from the video gaming sector. How long will they support PES in the face of steadily falling sales?

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom