PES 2017 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

Well, like a modder, kitmaker, ballmaker and a lot of things I already do it for PES, and others modders I know, do you think we aren't enough for do the work of Konami FREE?? It's so easy wait for the modders do kits and other things free for the people play like a complete licensed game, we are on 2016!! I not pay 40-60€ for a game I have to make it almost from 0 because only have gameplay, if they want our money, they have to make the things well and have better employers for have a better final game.

Changue you all the mind because accepting what Konami is doing with PES, less people gonna do it patches, kits, balls, adboards or other things, and you all know it this already from some years ago, alot of people stopped to edit the game.

You're so right!

As I said a few pages back, Konami has produced the perfect football game. The trouble is all the individual elements are spread over the last decade or so.

With proper focus and direction we could have a PES that truly evolves each year, with the problems fixed and the good stuff made even better. Instead we have a series that flip-flops from one year to the next, going forward in some ways and backwards in others. As a fan it's been a frustrating series to follow.

Thats my feeling as well Jamizinho. Its a feeling of pure frustration, knowing that they can and could have already made a very, very good game of football.

The problem is not the tech and resources they have in hands, neither is talent imo, it is a lack of a real good manegement.

That lack of manegement is clearly seen in the way their amatuer promotion/marketing, releasing very poor trailers that dont capture the quality of the game or dont show what fans would like to see.

They dont have manegment leader who take general important decisions, who can give the game the right direction and stick to ir regardless of what some "journalists" want. They seem to care too much about pleasing big gaming media, fifa fans, fifa youtubers and forget to please the real fans like us.

Im starting to think that PES stil needs someone like Seabass. Come back, Sea, come back!!! (cry)

Thats my feeling as well Jamizinho. Its a feeling of pure frustration, knowing that they can and could have already made a very, very good game of football.

The problem is not the tech and resources they have in hands, neither is talent imo, it is a lack of a real good manegement.

That lack of manegement is clearly seen in the way their amatuer promotion/marketing, releasing very poor trailers that dont capture the quality of the game or dont show what fans would like to see.

They dont have manegment leader who take general important decisions, who can give the game the right direction and stick to ir regardless of what some "journalists" want. They seem to care too much about pleasing big gaming media, fifa fans, fifa youtubers and forget to please the real fans like us.

Im starting to think that PES stil needs someone like Seabass. Come back, Sea, come back!!! (cry)

You're right Dudu but Konami are trying to find a common ground now between the old faithful and what will be universally popular. . .from 2013 to 2016 we have had 4 different versions of Pes and none have worked financially . .if they had a definite direction to go in I'm sure they could tweak the problems and stabilise it but the direction isn't there which is why they keep chopping and changing. In saying that the other game will always sell well and they aren't under the pressure Pes is under and they have the muscle to buy up licenses. As you say they should just stick to a direction and build on it.

all these new features sound great but ...for a sec and for instance...do you remember player emotion/heart? how was it praised and hyped? so whats with that? u really use it? where is that? does it really affect the game?

yes this is one of those sceptical days

all these new features sound great but ...for a sec and for instance...do you remember player emotion/heart? how was it praised and hyped? so whats with that? u really use it? where is that? does it really affect the game?

yes this is one of those sceptical days

Team Spirit affects the game both online and offline.

In Master League and Myclub.

:') there isnt much difference between 2015 and 2016 so whatte?

2015 was the first year of the broken foul system that i recall and in 2016 instead of improving it actually got worst.

Last edited:
Team spirit really needs toning down in ML makes some matches vs teams with low TS stupidly easy they basically jus stand and watch you score on superstar

2015 was the first year of the broken foul system that i recall and in 2016 instead of improving it actually got worst.

My thoughts on this has always been that the foul system in '15 and '16 is completely intentional and calculated to be that way.

I also think that whatever the early PES2017 testers might say now (those few who actually play it in single-player, anyway), PES2017 will be a no-fouls game too.

I remember a time not so long ago when FIFA was rightly pilloried for no-fouls gameplay on all the PES forums, so it's interesting to see how little fuss is made about PES having become a no-fouls football game. It gets mentioned every so often, like now, but it's not the big scandal that I believe it should be.

My thoughts on this has always been that the foul system in '15 and '16 is completely intentional and calculated to be that way.

I also think that whatever the early PES2017 testers might say now (those few who actually play it in single-player, anyway), PES2017 will be a no-fouls game too.

I remember a time not so long ago when FIFA was rightly pilloried for no-fouls gameplay on all the PES forums, so it's interesting to see how little fuss is made about PES having become a no-fouls football game. It gets mentioned every so often, like now, but it's not the big scandal that I believe it should be.

Are you joking Keith? It was one of the biggest gripes all year round on this site about no fouls

The future i'm convinced is us creating our own game. Until PESteam leave konami PES wont go anywhere.

I think i could like and continue to play pes but i just think Konami's head office cares about making a true sim. They are done with console games and the key is the mobile game which gets more love than all of the other versions.

Well, like a modder, kitmaker, ballmaker and a lot of things I already do it for PES, and others modders I know, do you think we aren't enough for do the work of Konami FREE?? It's so easy wait for the modders do kits and other things free for the people play like a complete licensed game, we are on 2016!! I not pay 40-60€ for a game I have to make it almost from 0 because only have gameplay, if they want our money, they have to make the things well and have better employers for have a better final game.

Changue you all the mind because accepting what Konami is doing with PES, less people gonna do it patches, kits, balls, adboards or other things, and you all know it this already from some years ago, alot of people stopped to edit the game.

Its already happening, usually as a community we all provide a really well made and full of real stadiums patch for the summer tournaments but this year since PES 2016 has been truly poor on the PC not many have really pushed the boat out.

Less and less newcomers are modding and many old timers are moving on with their lives.

This has come with people becoming tired of the lack of care from Konami. Hopefully Kojimas inde studio makes a killing from its new game and PESTeam can join them and they can start to push the Fox Engine and really make an incredible experience.

So much for the 3 year cycle then eh.

But let's just wait for the demo.

Yeah, i know, sad eh. I think what happened was this was their long term plan but Konami in the last few years have given up on console games and they have cut budgets to develop pes on the Fox Engine.

Last edited:
heres something funny i heard in one of adam bhatti's interviews, he admitted that pes 16 is more arcade orientated, and said that a majority of sites were requesting more sim, which is what this years will be, that tells me it took konami 15 years to realise that we want a sim.

That´s right and it all probably goes back to PES 2014.

Do you remember when the ref was too strict in PES 2014?
When every little push was called a foul and you never really had a flow in the game cause it ALWAYS had been interrupted for the smallest things?

And that seems to be typical for KONAMI.
Instead of fine tuning, they set the level in the other direction way too extreme.

Last year in the run up, Adam did not said PES 2016 was arcade oriented. This is the problem of Konami, they do not have a plan to stick, they go with the flow, and now the flow is the youtube kids from fifa, and the ones that don´t want anything with much depth and a major learning curve. They just want to score nice and easy.

That´s why i think PS2 games were better , because in that times there were not so much fuss about the developing of the games, we only knew what the game had to offer once we open the case and stick it on our PS2. Even the opening trailer was a mystery ( it come out sometimes in games magazines.)

In that times they do it based on their vision and on things that THEY taught it was right, despite consumers opinions, and we have to say that community was much bigger in that days, and criticism happend every year to, but they sticked to their plan, and try to change one thing or another based on that, but the fundamentals and the core of the game was always right. If you all remember PES and PES 2 on PS2 were not that great compared with iss pro evo 1 and 2. The change of hardware caused them problems but the core was the same and so has their vision of football. But then with a greater focus on internet and feedback it only got worse, specially on the transition to PS3 era. We have to say that FIFA was bad in PS2 days and that helped Konami a lot.

For this year i expect a more polished PES 2016, less paced, but with some of the fundamentals, if not the same, just a little better like shooting and passing etc. I think the only aspect we all will be surprised will be the keepers, but lets see in long term if it is just that initial gimmick.

What´s the first things you will try when the demo Hits?

For me its:
- Long through balls
- R2 shooting inside and outside the area
- Shooting with different players to see if it fells the same, and if all of them can trow cannonballs, and if there is variation in trajectory, and shoot with the wrong foot to check if it matters.
- Running from one end to another with a slow player and a fast player to see if its like PES 2016 and took the same time.
- Check if the pass, and foul% its the same as in PES 2016, and

That´s right and it all probably goes back to PES 2014.

Do you remember when the ref was too strict in PES 2014?
When every little push was called a foul and you never really had a flow in the game cause it ALWAYS had been interrupted for the smallest things?

And that seems to be typical for KONAMI.
Instead of fine tuning, they set the level in the other direction way too extreme.

balance is key!

giphy.gif

I played Fifa 16 and there are almost no fouls as PES 2016. Unsure how that is taken in the Fifa community though. But to say PES 2016 wasn't called out for lack of fouls is wrong. It's the fouls and the goalkeepers that are mentioned the most.

heres something funny i heard in one of adam bhatti's interviews, he admitted that pes 16 is more arcade orientated, and said that a majority of sites were requesting more sim, which is what this years will be, that tells me it took konami 15 years to realise that we want a sim.

Those are just words. They already know a slow paced game is the better game but they can't ignore that people just want to score lots and lots of goals.

This year they want you to believe they really care about hardcore Pes players, maybe the game will be more sim, less arcade, but i'm quite certain next year it will be more arcade again.

This is the problem: Pes has always been one year more arcade, the next year more simulation, but during Ps2 era the variation was more subtle,but still it wasn an evolution of the previous one, while this year the game (Pes 2016) is so much more arcade than Pes 2015 that it feels like a completely different game, they changed way too much.

It's the reason why every year it doesn't seem like the game is an evolution of the previous one, but more a side project.

I played Fifa 16 and there are almost no fouls as PES 2016.

FIFA16 was the same for me, and FIFA15 too. Most matches ended with no fouls at all.

My implied critique of PES forums is that whenever no fouls comes up, everybody says 'Of course, no fouls is a coding/engine issue that'll be fixed in the next edition of the game.' Which would be great if it's true. I'm suggesting it's not true, and it's in this sense that I think the issue is completely glossed over and Konami allowed off the hook. There's no sustained attention paid to it, no pressure brought to bear, no focus.

We have to remember that the logic behind no-fouls is to create flowing 'fun' gameplay for the online experience. Having conditioned online players for two whole editions of PES to expect to be able to basically do what they want, are Konami going to roll that back? Unlikely. In fact, it's just not going to happen.

Very few of the early PES2017 testers have given any time at all to single player. Which is sadly typical every year, but that's another story.

Of the few who did one of them eye-catchingly said he had 4-7 fouls against him per match. If I have 4-7 fouls per single-player match in Master League in PES2017 I'll be delighted. I suspect I'll be lucky to have 1 or 2, as in PES2016 and PES2015.

If/when PES2017 comes out with no fouls, what'll happen? 'Oh no, no fouls again. Ah well, the rest of the game seems decent. I suppose we'd better get what we can out of it.' That was how it went with PES2016, and I predict PES2017 will be exactly the same. No fouls all the way.

We shall see!

Last edited:
Konami still don't get that they lost the licensing war three years ago.

They should just move the playing field. Makes PES the game where the community can create 1000s of teams to play in 1000s of different stadiums with the very best gameplay. Games such as Don Bradman Cricket, Johan Lomu Rugby and The Golf Club already do this.
Imagine 1000 teams to edit :SHOCK:
I think I'd pass out with excitement!

This is the most negative forum I have ever seen towards a game. Relax people, everyone is praising the game, they already confirmed that all the major issues are fixed. There is no reason to say or believe otherwise. It's not like they play differently than you or got paid (don't even think about it plz). Plus they gave us great news for Edit Sharing, Master League, and MyClub. It seems to me I'm the only one who's really excited about the game. It's more promising than FIFA yet people still complain. There won't ever be a perfect football game.

This is the most negative forum I have ever seen towards a game. Relax people, everyone is praising it, they already confirmed that all the major issues are fixed. There is no reason to say or believe otherwise. It's not like they play differently than you or got paid (don't even think about it plz). Plus they gave us great news for Edit Sharing, Master League, and MyClub. It seems to me I'm the only one who's really excited about the game. It's more promising than FIFA yet people still complain. There won't ever be a perfect football game.

I don't trust previewers, or even reviewers. Last year Pes 2016 was praised a lot, got an 87 on Metacritic, yet to many it was a huge disappointment.

OF sharing is great, mode news are good, but if the gameplay is as broken as it was on Pes 2016 or just a bit better those are just useless.

I don't trust previewers, or even reviewers. Last year Pes 2016 was praised a lot, got an 87 on Metacritic, yet to many it was a huge disappointment.

OF sharing is great, mode news are good, but if the gameplay is as broken as it was on Pes 2016 or just a bit better those are just useless.

Whatever dude, they adressed the problems which Konami doesn't always do, so they obviously fixed it. We should talk about something else, things Konami havent addressed yet. Not refs or Goalies which for the hundredth times from various people not even previewers or reviewers said they are fixed and are amazing. Real touch and adaptive AI got a lot of great mentions, so people need to relax. The new gameplay features are very promising. PES 2016 was a great game to build up on, I know people won't agree but I do think so. It had a lot of good things.

Whatever dude, they adressed the problems which Konami doesn't always do, so they obviously fixed it. We should talk about something else, things Konami havent addressed yet. Not refs or Goalies which for the hundredth times from various people not even previewers or reviewers said they are fixed and are amazing. Real touch and adaptive AI got a lot of great mentions, so people need to relax. The new gameplay features are very promising. PES 2016 was a great game to build up on, I know people won't agree but I do think so. It had a lot of good things.

Obviously? We don´t know that.
What if fixing means to them to put one thing to the opposite extreme?

Like they did a few times.
It´s not that we don´t trust them just for fun, it is because we´re used to these things by KONAMI.

I played Fifa 16 and there are almost no fouls as PES 2016. Unsure how that is taken in the Fifa community though. But to say PES 2016 wasn't called out for lack of fouls is wrong. It's the fouls and the goalkeepers that are mentioned the most.

MMhhh I think this needs to be defined.
The difference in FIFA 16 about fouls is, that obvious ones surely get called by the refs. It doesn´t happen a lot by the CPU but if there are clear ones, then they get adressed, whereas in PES 2016, obvious ones (like sliding in from behind) don´t get called.
That´s the difference imo.

Last edited:
All I'm saying is that there seems to be an assumption that no-fouls in PES2015 and PES2016 was unintentional on the part of the PES devs, and will 'obviously' be fixed now that they've seen the light, or whatever.

I'm suggesting that no-fouls is totally intentional, and that it will continue as part and parcel of PES from now on.

Has anybody at Konami ever acknowledged no-fouls as an issue that needs to be looked at?

I believe the opposite is the case -- certain people connected to Konami have stated that fouls and free kicks are seen as an impediment to flowing, 'fun' gameplay.

If PES2017 emerges with fouls miraculously restored, and Johnny Onliner suddenly can't slide and sprint-charge with reckless abandon, what's going to happen? The mother of all outcries, people deserting myClub, etc. etc. That'll happen as sure as night follows day. Except I'm saying it won't happen, because PES2017 will be a no-fouls football game once more.

It's the assumption that no-fouls isn't totally intentional that quashes discussion and outrage about it.

Fifa had no fouls when playing against the CPU since fifa 13, In the last two versions they had them at the start then patched the game up after getting decent reviews to remove them, btw I'm talking about single player here.

A solution would be a ref strictness slider for the offline game and then the online game won't be affected.

The reason it's not brought up by FIFA users is because EA sensors most of the posts talking about it and they have an army of kids who shoot down anyone trying to mention it.

For PES the fact that it's been ignored by the reviewers and the lying Konami community people proves that it's an engine issue or weakness that they can't fix

This is the most negative forum I have ever seen towards a game. Relax people, everyone is praising the game, they already confirmed that all the major issues are fixed. There is no reason to say or believe otherwise. It's not like they play differently than you or got paid (don't even think about it plz). Plus they gave us great news for Edit Sharing, Master League, and MyClub. It seems to me I'm the only one who's really excited about the game. It's more promising than FIFA yet people still complain. There won't ever be a perfect football game.

I think each one of us has its personnal reasons not to trust Konami.
I don't wanna blame anyone at Konami specifically, but I think PES as a product could be way more successful than it currently is. Many fans have very good ideas about PES, and if Konami were more keen it could help PES get bigger. But, I don't know, for some unknown reasons it doesn't work this way.
I fully understand that Konami can't take all the ideas and include them all into PES, it just can't work this way. In my opinion, what they need first is some kind of new path for PES as a commercial product. I think they need to revise their strategy against the competition, and don't let EA set the rules. I could elaborate but I don't think that would be a good idea on a public forum.

Back
Top Bottom