PES 2017 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

FIFA has no problem with refs ...if you are on PC...and you tweak the ref strictness by yourself...So it works its just the poor default set up by EA. Just wish PES could be modded so easily like FIFA.

FIFA has no problem with refs ...if you are on PC...and you tweak the ref strictness by yourself...So it works its just the poor default set up by EA. Just wish PES could be modded so easily like FIFA.

PES is inferior on pc lately so I'm talking about consoles.

If you're talking about editing cl.ini then unless you can post a link to how to do it then I won't believe you.

Slider experts on here are still streaming 20 minute halves with no fouls ,it looks pathetic tbh.

All I'm saying is that there seems to be an assumption that no-fouls in PES2015 and PES2016 was unintentional on the part of the PES devs, and will 'obviously' be fixed now that they've seen the light, or whatever.

I'm suggesting that no-fouls is totally intentional, and that it will continue as part and parcel of PES from now on.

Has anybody at Konami ever acknowledged no-fouls as an issue that needs to be looked at?

I believe the opposite is the case -- certain people connected to Konami have stated that fouls and free kicks are seen as an impediment to flowing, 'fun' gameplay.

If PES2017 emerges with fouls miraculously restored, and Johnny Onliner suddenly can't slide and sprint-charge with reckless abandon, what's going to happen? The mother of all outcries, people deserting myClub, etc. etc. That'll happen as sure as night follows day. Except I'm saying it won't happen, because PES2017 will be a no-fouls football game once more.

It's the assumption that no-fouls isn't totally intentional that quashes discussion and outrage about it.

then really we have 2 arcade games

Obviously? We don´t know that.
What if fixing means to them to put one thing to the opposite extreme?

Like they did a few times.
It´s not that we don´t trust them just for fun, it is because we´re used to these things by KONAMI.

MMhhh I think this needs to be defined.
The difference in FIFA 16 about fouls is, that obvious ones surely get called by the refs. It doesn´t happen a lot by the CPU but if there are clear ones, then they get adressed, whereas in PES 2016, obvious ones (like sliding in from behind) don´t get called.
That´s the difference imo.

Well, in all my games I haven't seen any to tell obvious ones from non :LOL:

What´s the first things you will try when the demo Hits?

For me its:
- Long through balls
- R2 shooting inside and outside the area
- Shooting with different players to see if it fells the same, and if all of them can trow cannonballs, and if there is variation in trajectory, and shoot with the wrong foot to check if it matters.
- Running from one end to another with a slow player and a fast player to see if its like PES 2016 and took the same time.
- Check if the pass, and foul% its the same as in PES 2016, and

yeah, they have player attributes like running speed and off foot shoots that get nerfed on the pitch.

Last edited:
I think each one of us has its personnal reasons not to trust Konami.

That is very interesting.

Are you sure?

I couldn't give a toss if i should trust konami or not.

I buy the game with much anticipation, for some reason the last years it's never as good as i wanted to be...that is a shame, but hey...live goes on.

Next year i will buy it again...

The Obvious answer to my post is that with customers like me, konami will never make better games. IMO that is too easy.

Most people assume that Konami doesn't listen to the community (whatever that may be). IMO they listen too much to the community.

Take threads like this. What should Konami conclude from threads like this?

I see two things: not enough fouls and the GK's are bad (personally i'm not so sure about that and i used to be a GK).

And all the rest? Some people say black, other say white...

PES games lack Obvious things, but most people are not realistic. I remeber very well that the mythical PES6 got lots of negative comments when it came out...quite a lot of people saw it as a step backwards from PES5. And i fully agree with that (for what's that worth: nothing).

A solution would be a ref strictness slider for the offline game and then the online game won't be affected.

yeah.. this is one of my wish list improvements for PES

I am not big into the slider thing and do not want PES to have a bunch of sliders like FIFA does. however, I would like it to add to the difficulty and game speed sliders.. one for the ref strictness. like 5 different referees to choose from being a different strictness level. I think this would be great for the PES series.. and much needed

yeah.. this is one of my wish list improvements for PES

I am not big into the slider thing and do not want PES to have a bunch of sliders like FIFA does. however, I would like it to add to the difficulty and game speed sliders.. one for the ref strictness. like 5 different referees to choose from being a different strictness level. I think this would be great for the PES series.. and much needed

Yeah in the case of PES, the collisions vs CPU are happening it's just that the ref doesn't register any fouls for whatever reason Konami set it up to be.

The potential is there and this idea of referee strictness is 15 years old since the days of superstar soccer on the SNES!

Are you sure?

When I said that, I was mainly responding to another guy who said this forum is supposedly the most negative towards PES.

I just wanted to say to that guy that we're not all negative for the exact same reasons (and by the way some people are not negative at all).
So yeah, I do think that each one of us has its own individual preferences which IMO means that if someone seems negative, wary, positive whatever it's mainly because of his preferences and not because of the other fans.

I also want to say that I agree with your post, and what you said about the community is true. The way I expressed my opinion wasn't the best one so it seems like we disagree whereas I do agree :P...

Obviously Konami can't please everyone (and they must not imo) but however they can still pick some good ideas among the fans. Not all ideas, but just some. That's what I meant in my previous post.
But as I said, they need to be absolutely confident about their path, their reasoning, and pick the good ideas that emerge here or there which suit their strategy/philosophy.

Are you sure?

I couldn't give a toss if i should trust konami or not.

I buy the game with much anticipation, for some reason the last years it's never as good as i wanted to be...that is a shame, but hey...live goes on.

Next year i will buy it again...

The Obvious answer to my post is that with customers like me, konami will never make better games. IMO that is too easy.

Most people assume that Konami doesn't listen to the community (whatever that may be). IMO they listen too much to the community.

Take threads like this. What should Konami conclude from threads like this?

I see two things: not enough fouls and the GK's are bad (personally i'm not so sure about that and i used to be a GK).

And all the rest? Some people say black, other say white...

PES games lack Obvious things, but most people are not realistic. I remeber very well that the mythical PES6 got lots of negative comments when it came out...quite a lot of people saw it as a step backwards from PES5. And i fully agree with that (for what's that worth: nothing).

Amen......nice post

To those asking for sliders 'ala' FIFA in PES: The game is broken as it is. Can you imagine what a mess sliders would unleash in a game as precarious as PES?
I can easily imagine the ball bouncing in weird ways, GKs becoming (more) broken, the collision system all over the place...

They better not implement sliders until PES is in a rock-solid state.
EA implemented them for the first time in FIFA 14 for a reason.

I played Fifa 16 and there are almost no fouls as PES 2016. Unsure how that is taken in the Fifa community though. But to say PES 2016 wasn't called out for lack of fouls is wrong. It's the fouls and the goalkeepers that are mentioned the most.

Hmmm I don't agree mate. I have at least 3 fouls per match in FIFA.
It's all about timing and how you play it I think.

Last edited:
This is the most negative forum I have ever seen towards a game. Relax people, everyone is praising the game, they already confirmed that all the major issues are fixed. There is no reason to say or believe otherwise. It's not like they play differently than you or got paid (don't even think about it plz). Plus they gave us great news for Edit Sharing, Master League, and MyClub. It seems to me I'm the only one who's really excited about the game. It's more promising than FIFA yet people still complain. There won't ever be a perfect football game.

Says the person who has been a member of this forum for what, less than a month? Tons of people were quite high on PES 2016 as well. Best Sports Game of E3, king is back, etc. In fact, a lot of media outlets still claim it's not only the best PES game to date, but quite possibly the best football ever created. The opinions I've formed for myself differ quite a bit, and that's putting it politely.

noun
noun: precedent; plural noun: precedents
ˈpresəd(ə)nt/

an earlier event or action that is regarded as an example or guide to be considered in subsequent similar circumstances.

There is a precedent. Here's the thing: Long time followers of Pro Evo know the script by now. Each release follows the same boom-bust cycle without fail. It's negative, it's positive, it's the best game ever, it's the worst game ever. "Everything is fixed, fantastic, awesome, super amazing, brilliant, it'll blow you away." The run up to release is littered with hyperbole, and superlatives galore. Once the game is released it tends not to match up with the hype, and here we are; a bunch of disgruntled football fans. It's not as if Konami has been pumping out near-perfect football games for years, and some of the crippling gameplay elements of 2016 are just a slight bump in the road. PES has been struggling for a very long time.

The saying, "This isn't my first rodeo" is very applicable in this context. We're all drawing from years, and years of experience when it comes to dealing with the pre-release side of things. This is where the long time, dedicated fans reside. Does that make us right? Far from it. Are there times where many of us overly negative? Absolutely, I'm guilty of that myself, but I'm not going to put on a funny suit and tap dance to the tune of Konami's drum every year they tell me that, "this is the year, guys." I mean, just because they say everything is fine, doesn't mean it is. I'm not naive.

At the end of the day many of us were playing PES during its pomp, and we know that there is so much potential with this series. The past decade hasn't exactly been sunshine, and roses for PES supporters. We just want the game to be the best it possibly can be.

Hmmm I don't agree mate. I hate at least 3 fouls per match in FIFA.
It's all about timing and how you play it I think.

I probably haven't played it enough then. Or maybe women aren't as aggressive as men since that's all I played :P

Says the person who has been a member of this forum for what, less than a month? Tons of people were quite high on PES 2016 as well. Best Sports Game of E3, king is back, etc. In fact, a lot of media outlets still claim it's not only the best PES game to date, but quite possibly the best football ever created. The opinions I've formed for myself differ quite a bit, and that's putting it politely.

noun
ˈpresəd(ə)nt/

an earlier event or action that is regarded as an example or guide to be considered in subsequent similar circumstances.

There is a precedent. Here's the thing: Long time followers of Pro Evo know the script by now. Each release follows the same boom-bust cycle without fail. It's negative, it's positive, it's the best game ever, it's the worst game ever. "Everything is fixed, fantastic, awesome, super amazing, brilliant, it'll blow you away." The run up to release is littered with hyperbole, and superlatives galore. Once the game is released it tends not to match up with the hype, and here we are; a bunch of disgruntled football fans. It's not as if Konami has been pumping out near-perfect football games for years, and some of the crippling gameplay elements of 2016 are just a slight bump in the road. PES has been struggling for a very long time.

The saying, "This isn't my first rodeo" is very applicable in this context. We're all drawing from years, and years of experience when it comes to dealing with the pre-release side of things. This is where the long time, dedicated fans reside. Does that make us right? Far from it. Are there times where many of us overly negative? Absolutely, I'm guilty of that myself, but I'm not going to put on a funny suit and tap dance to the tune of Konami's drum every year they tell me that, "this is the year, guys." I mean, just because they say everything is fine, doesn't mean it is. I'm not naive.

At the end of the day many of us were playing PES during its pomp, and we know that there is so much potential with this series. The past decade hasn't exactly been sunshine, and roses for PES supporters. We just want the game to be the best it possibly can be.

Can I get a hallelujah!

noun
ˈpresəd(ə)nt/

That's not my point. PES 2016 got a lot of awards because of the major makeover and graphically being impressive, a lot of the reviewers are just casuals, they don't care much about the technicality, more so to the fun factor and feeling of the gameplay. Hardcore fans are the ones who are upset, but let's get something out there, they did listen to fans for this version a lot more than any other year. They seem to be more serious this year, inviting a lot of people to play the game, if you watch the videos above or from previous pages, they all seem happy and have very little complains to non. Mind you they are not reviewers.There is no reason for them to not point out the problems if it still not fixed, I believe it's fixed. They are more confident about the gameplay this year, even Adam criticized the game last year and addressed it for this year more openly. Plus the new gameplay additions are very promising. These addition are new compared to other years.

noun
ˈpresəd(ə)nt/

This is really how it's all going down every year...! Don't know if I should cry or smile?! ;)
Fingers crossed for the future!

Clr19LoXEAA7H3s.jpg

Ouch.
Game over maybe.

The J League is official to Fifa 17

image.img.jpg

"We are proud to announce that Japan's top flight football league, the MEIJI YASUDA J1 League and J.League Cup tournament will feature in FIFA 17 when the game launches this September.

As one of the most popular leagues in Asia, the J1 League has a global fanbase and is one of the most requested leagues from the EA SPORTS™ FIFA community. All 18 clubs that make up the J1 League will feature authentic logos, kits, and rosters. Content from these clubs will be in our popular FIFA Ultimate Team™ (FUT) and other modes across FIFA 17."

How many good memories of the J League in WE

J-League_Jikkyou_Winning_Eleven_2001_Coverart.png

$(KGrHqF,!lMFJ1(tMDdPBSd0bpZ)1!~~60_35.JPG

Could anyone else see that Italy did their utmost to allow Ireland progress the other night? I was expecting a generous own goal from Italy as it got near the end.

Back
Top Bottom