PES 2017 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

I've not really participated much here, and I've not posted for years, but I do read. I also skipped PES16 this time, the first iteration for years, precisely because I was sickened by the lack of PC support. There was no good reason for it.

Can someone summarise the state of play with the PC version? All I know is that that Adam guy, who, for reasons best known to no-one, was trusted to be some kind of no-mark PR bod for PES, has always had a completely odd agenda against PC for ages. Even when he was admi or whatever for WENB, he responded in a frankly bizarre way to something entirely normal I said about PC. He just, apropos of nothing, launched into some scathing attack about how pc players were all dicks and no-one cared about PCs. At the time it struck me as weird, seeing as he'd placed himself as some kind of authority on the game, but now I fear his own weird agenda may be directly damaging PES and swaying Konami's views.

I remember one of his WENB podcasts where he was talking about the PC version of PES and was impressed by the patches and modding community. Certainly wasn't scathing of the PC version, but this was a few years ago in his pre-Konami days.

Adam's a PlayStation fanboy at the end of the day but Konami as a company has always been focused on the PS as a platform above all else. Bhatti may be a gobshite but I don't think he really has any influence over decisions made in Japan.

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

Also, Konami should take the PC seriously as a platform because steam has a vast install base and football is the most popular sport in the world. Make a good PC version, promote it right, and there's a huge market to tap into for an ailing company.

And its still unavailable for purchasing in my region. All fault of stupid pirates. They should use Denuvo then they can realize that Pc games can be prevent from Piracy too. So they can make a Ps4 port.

If there is not a way to use option files in the Xbox one version, then I consider buying the PC version, just for the option files.

If you don't really care about the graphics then you should.. there are so many benefits from modding if you play it on PC. Not only kits, boots, faces, chants, and stadiums but tools like free side select, camera setting tools, stats editor and gameplay patches.

Konami should make a new PESDay event before August with the most updated build so people can see the game in action and make a better judgement.

I think its a bit too late for a football game only showing real gameplay in August when the games supposed to be released in Sept or Octuber.

Also, Konami should take the PC seriously as a platform because steam has a vast install base and football is the most popular sport in the world. Make a good PC version, promote it right, and there's a huge market to tap into for an ailing company.

+1

They don't care about the PC community for a reason.
This. They would only charge 40€ for the PC version so this is the real reason it hasn't been on par with the PS4 one (that costs a lot more) till now.
Had PES 2016 for PC been on par with the PS4 version, people would've moved to PC and Konami would've lost a lot of revenue.

That's the bloody reason.

I bought a ps4 just for Pes, noticed the gameplay was exactly the same, so got a refund on ps4.

As for the extra graphics features of ps4, totally over-rated. When in normal gameplay I notice no difference. I also run a higher resolution on PC (2560x1440) compared with 1080p on ps4 which I do like. Also, alot more save slots on PC. Can also mod alot more on PC, like adding faces etc.

My 2 cents for a direct comparison of having a ps4 and Pes 2016 for 4 weeks.

Im still loving Pes 2016 and looking forward to playing Pes 2017 (PC) on Sept 20th.

Last edited:
Its winning all the awards again.

That doesn't fill me with optimism. There's a video review put up on WENB where the guy says that he didn't like Pes 2014 15 or 16 but enjoys Pes 2017 and says that the shooting needs variation. That's my biggest worry . .shooting.

If the variety of shooting is your biggest concern, yo ushould play Red Dead Redemption...

I know it's a lame joke, but the unfounded pessimism in this thread makes me laugh (don't take it personally Deco). And can't we start an seperate moan thread for PC users? There are dozens of games who come out on PC and not on consoles or that are ports of PC versions...

If you wanne play PES, buy a P or an Xbox One and it's not that you guys will miss something if you read the conclusions about PES2017...all those visionaries are sure it will be rubbish...

I'm sorry, but this thread is depressing, Konami is not without blame, but the things i read now are unfounded...

Tomorrow will be the apocalyse, if it is... i told you so, if it isn't that's even better! That is how people talk about PES2017 without any real reason...

I'm maoning about the moaners...i know.

If the variety of shooting is your biggest concern, yo ushould play Red Dead Redemption...

I know it's a lame joke, but the unfounded pessimism in this thread makes me laugh (don't take it personally Deco). And can't we start an seperate moan thread for PC users? There are dozens of games who come out on PC and not on consoles or that are ports of PC versions...

If you wanne play PES, buy a P or an Xbox One and it's not that you guys will miss something if you read the conclusions about PES2017...all those visionaries are sure it will be rubbish...

I'm sorry, but this thread is depressing, Konami is not without blame, but the things i read now are unfounded...

Tomorrow will be the apocalyse, if it is... i told you so, if it isn't that's even better! That is how people talk about PES2017 without any real reason...

Would you be happy if shooting stayed the same Gerd? I couldn't play another version of Pes with 'roll me in the corner' again. You obviously don't read my posts if you think that I'm coming on here to moan about Pes. All the reviewers have been avoiding questions about Cpu shooting variation but this chap Bryan Emeka who isn't a Big Pes fan mentioned that shooting needs work.

Btw most of the guys who come on here moaning are usually the ones who have left to play Fifa and sound like a jilted boyfriend taking swipes at their ex and can't wait for the new game to collapse and I'm not anti Fifa either. . . everybody to their own thing.

ClFjhXrWMAAUlob

hello darkness my old friend...

Btw most of the guys who come on here moaning are usually the ones who have left to play Fifa and sound like a jilted boyfriend taking swipes at their ex and can't wait for the new game to collapse and I'm not anti Fifa either. . . everybody to their own thing.

True, but some are also the ones who used to love the series for what it was years ago. True PES fans.
We wanna enjoy the game the way we did years ago (Last one I completely enjoyed was PES 2011).
That time no one probably thought that the gameplay that had beaten FIFA in almost every aspect, would lose it´s variation and excitement.

I understand the peeps too, who are annoyed about the moaners.
Also would love no moaning about the PC version anymore, as the graphic mods that came out for PES 2015 and 2016 aren´t that bad.
There are some good ones actually.

Let´s wait for the demo...then we have enough to whine about...hopefully not.
And let´s wait for the announcement about the PC version until we keep on whining.
If there´s no word about it at all, we all know what´s it gonna be like...

I've played Pes from the International Superstar Soccer days and am a 'true Pes fan'. It's pointless trying to recreate the past . .we have to deal with making the game great with new technology . .I've picked up the old games and played them and they are very limited compared to today's games . .we have to move on.

And its still unavailable for purchasing in my region. All fault of stupid pirates. They should use Denuvo then they can realize that Pc games can be prevent from Piracy too. So they can make a Ps4 port.

Piracy is just a lame excuse,IMO! MGS5 on PC was a great port and that had Denuvo. If they wanted PC gamers to have a full PS4 Port they'd have given them it and slapped Denuvo on it.

Last edited:
I've picked up the old games and played them and they are very limited compared to today's games.
You're right. Picking up PES 5 or PES 6 now feels a little limiting (passing/shooting assists always on, no 360° movement are the things that spoil it to me).

Don't get me wrong, PES 6 is still a hell of a game and it's still a game I play from time to time (for example I'm downloading the Firebird Patch for PES 6 right now and I'll try it either tonight or in the next days) but technically I miss the chance to put the ball where I want and not where the CPU thinks I should aim.

Despite all of its shortcomings, for example, PES 2015 (the game that made me "jump ship" from EA back to Konami, a thing I was already considering doing when I tried the latest PES 2014 patch) gave me that freedom and the impression that, if I missed a shot by inches, it was me who didn't aim correctly. Also PES 2014 gave me that feeling but for some reason it's just more prominent in PES 2015.
This is something I've not been able to completely achieve in FIFA 16 either (even if I fell in love with that game to the extent that I "jumped ship" once again, this time leaving Japan for Canada), let alone in old games where passes and shots are "assisted" by default without the chance to turn such an assistance off.
TL;DR VERSION: Being a fan of the "old school" PES games from the PS2 era, I feel the same. Once you experience a higher level of freedom, reverting back always feels difficult.

Gerd, I often agree with your posts, but not on this one.
My complaint is that Konami favours the PS4 version by offering an extra function in editting ( the logo editting, for instance ). You do not have the same good editting-functions in the Xbox 1 versions.
That is no unfounded moaning, that is a valid complaint.

TL;DR VERSION: Being a fan of the "old school" PES games from the PS2 era, I feel the same. Once you experience a higher level of freedom, reverting back always feels difficult.
This, for me personally, is so true. It's why I "switched" to FIFA 13 - although it's worth noting that A) I've never really "switched", I buy both games every year and I think I always will, or I feel like I might be missing out on something that needs a bigger time investment to shine, and B) ironically, I rediscovered PES 2013 earlier this year, and it's probably my favourite PES game of all.

For me though, FIFA 13 deleted the rails that I always felt shackled to in the older games and in PES, and it didn't glue me to the floor at any point - something PES still does to this day - and I felt truly in control. Over time, of course, you realise the ways in which you aren't.

(Also, at the time, the lack of those "rails" made any kind of tactical importance more difficult to code, I'd imagine.)

My biggest complaint with the old-school PES games was that I didn't feel in control of my own players, especially against the better (AI) opponents. It's clearly not the same for everyone (or PES wouldn't sell), but that feeling of being able to move your player wherever you wanted without interference, and not feeling like you could only score when the game "allowed" you to, was breathtaking for me - and that freedom difference is still there (again, for me, personally), and it's why PES is still an exercise in frustration, for me.

PES 2017 sounds great, and the previews sound much more promising than the FIFA ones, so I just hope that full-control-feeling is there this year. If it is, and there's a bigger variety of goals, I'll be very happy (I'm pretty sure FIFA aren't looking at fixing the tactical issues, so I don't think I'll be happy on the FIFA front this year).

Last edited:
You're right. Picking up PES 5 or PES 6 now feels a little limiting (passing/shooting assists always on, no 360° movement are the things that spoil it to me).

Don't get me wrong, PES 6 is still a hell of a game and it's still a game I play from time to time (for example I'm downloading the Firebird Patch for PES 6 right now and I'll try it either tonight or in the next days) but technically I miss the chance to put the ball where I want and not where the CPU thinks I should aim.

Despite all of its shortcomings, for example, PES 2015 (the game that made me "jump ship" from EA back to Konami, a thing I was already considering doing when I tried the latest PES 2014 patch) gave me that freedom and the impression that, if I missed a shot by inches, it was me who didn't aim correctly. Also PES 2014 gave me that feeling but for some reason it's just more prominent in PES 2015.
This is something I've not been able to completely achieve in FIFA 16 either (even if I fell in love with that game to the extent that I "jumped ship" once again, this time leaving Japan for Canada), let alone in old games where passes and shots are "assisted" by default without the chance to turn such an assistance off.

Funny how I felt exactly they way you do a couple of months ago. After playing the latest games the passing in old pes5/pes 6 games looks just off as the pass would go directly to players feet and the ball receiver would stand still and wait for the ball to reach his feet.

But my views lately changed, after I started an ML in PES 6 (with new graphics, speeder, and camera settings). I just could not stop playing the game. The AI defending is exelent, you really need to find space if you want to release a shot or else the defenders will easily block you shot. When I scored a late winner I punched the air (literally) and almost jumped out my seat. I never felt this rewarding feeling from scoring a goal for years. I don't know how many hours I played until my 3 year old daughter took the gamepad away from me.

I know it's not as free as playing the new games when you set the controls to manuals, but the variety of shooting is amazing. You know how passing and shooting needs the right body position, and how you get a really weak shot if you shoot with your weaker foot, or when you blast the ball above the goal because you hit the square button too long while your player is not in the right body position.

This is why I'm curious about PES 2017 cause many testers said that the power and accuracy of the passing and shooting depends on body position. This would be great for the game. an yeah I'm also downloading firebird :D

Would you be happy if shooting stayed the same Gerd? I couldn't play another version of Pes with 'roll me in the corner' again. You obviously don't read my posts if you think that I'm coming on here to moan about Pes. All the reviewers have been avoiding questions about Cpu shooting variation but this chap Bryan Emeka who isn't a Big Pes fan mentioned that shooting needs work.

The Red Dead Redemption thing was a lame joke (like i said) and nothing more.
I do read more of your posts than most others in this thread, because what you write makes sense. To be honest, i wasn't really complaining about you, i even agree with you on the shooting.

There isn't much wrong with your posts.
Like i already said: don't take it personal.

What bothers me (in general) is that people seem to conclude a lot of things at a time when there isn't enough real information to conclude anything at all...Last year i reacted the same way when i read 'the king is back posts'...

No worries, my friend and good luck Saturday afternoon...

Forgot you're Belgian Gerd haha . .were we releasing a bit of pre-match tension this morning? Belgium are far stronger than us and should win. . .but my money as always is on Italy. .I back them in every tournament and they looked excellent the other night. What a defence!

Back
Top Bottom