PES 2017 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

Happens to me a lot and it's annoying as hell. The CPU AI would be 3 meters away from the ball while my keeper/player is a meter away and their player assumes shooting position from 3 meters and watch the standing foot magically skate 2-3 meters to the ball and get it before my player.

There's that skating from that gif as well. Happens quite often in 2016 and helps CPU AI get past players easily.

they call it scripting today when i was a kid me and my brother called it cheating AI!

PES has more BS then Fifa does but both games have it coded in.
I don't understand why the developers think were so stupid to not notice unfair play.
Makes me dislike there software.
Anyway i just started playing PES 6 2 weeks ago and WE9LE 3 days ago.
I never new about them back then growing up in the USA.
First thing i noticed in PES 6 there is very little if any BS "cheating AI" coded in.
When i got my hands on WE9LE i couldn't believe it!
No Bull Shit cheating AI at all.
WE9LE is the best football game iv'e ever played.
The ball doesn't somehow find it's way to AI players.
Your teammates actually try to help you.
Refs are fair.
If i was a developer i would make a football game that had real world physics.
Fair refs and great control responsiveness with last gen graphics just to prove a point.

WE9LE is way better then todays football games.

Last edited:
they call it scripting today when i was a kid me and my brother called it cheating AI!

I don't understand why the developers think were so stupid to not notice unfair play.
First thing i noticed in PES 6 there is very little if any BS "cheating AI" coded in.
WE9LE is the best football game iv'e ever played. The ball doesn't somehow find it's way to AI players. Your teammates actually try to help you.

Game is way better then todays football games.
T

The player's ability really mattered on those days. If you were playing against speed,power or long shots it showed in the types of hoals and shots conceded.

Nowadays its identical goals from the edge of the area on both games fifa and pes, very silly.

WE9LE is the best football game iv'e ever played. The ball doesn't somehow find it's way to AI players. Your teammates actually try to help you.

T
Great post.

You can blame gamers to a degree for the cheat AI in both games. People today scream for more and more authenticity every year, that's why game companies started adding "team momentum realism" to their games a few years back. I've been playing PC sports games for two decades and older sports games NEVER had this garbage in them back in the day. I'm still playing FIFA 16 demo for this reason, EA doesn't include the cheat AI in their stripped-down demos, you haven't played FIFA til you play it without the cheat AI nonsense, it's a fantastic game without it. And I have my own way of playing PES to avoid the CPU cheat AI, I play with fixed cursor/player lock only, fixes the issue.

Good post curd. I can imagine how hard it is being both excited in such an environment and trying to test things at the same time for a few hours. Only way we can really test is having the game to ourselves the whole day without people around and just concentrate on testing.

Are you done with wenb now?

Meant to reply much sooner, Lami.

The offer is open for me to return apparently, but I just don't know if I can offer much these days; that applies to time and overall passion. Can't be bothered with the hostility either.

As you know, both Adam and Asim are mates, so want to see both the game and them flourish. So there is that too.

I also simply don't have time at my disposal, or simply the same will to invest what time I have into it. I kind of hope that changes, but it will take more than the game being excellent for that to be so.

Great post.

You can blame gamers to a degree for the cheat AI in both games. People today scream for more and more authenticity every year, that's why game companies started adding "team momentum realism" to their games a few years back. I've been playing PC sports games for two decades and older sports games NEVER had this garbage in them back in the day. I'm still playing FIFA 16 demo for this reason, EA doesn't include the cheat AI in their stripped-down demos, you haven't played FIFA til you play it without the cheat AI nonsense, it's a fantastic game without it. And I have my own way of playing PES to avoid the CPU cheat AI, I play with fixed cursor/player lock only, fixes the issue.

yeah, konami just let me have control of my player already.....:))
fixed cursor helps.

WE9LE is the best football game iv'e ever played.
The ball doesn't somehow find it's way to AI players.
Your teammates actually try to help you.
Refs are fair.
If i was a developer i would make a football game that had real world physics.
Fair refs and great control responsiveness with last gen graphics just to prove a point.

Amen to this!

hahahahahah it can't be

it can

o-CONCHITA-WURST-facebook.jpg

Altogether it was a decent E3 reveal.

- The main focus is on gameplay and to fix the issues
- Edit data sharing is back
- Graphicaly looks better
- More stadiums
- ML, MC are enchanted

There is no big surprise in there because ..lets face it...all these improvements are based on community feedback. The bigest positive note is this, they listen.

Lets see how is the gameplay in august-september.

Altogether it was a decent E3 reveal.

- The main focus is on gameplay and to fix the issues
- Edit data sharing is back
- Graphicaly looks better
- More stadiums
- ML, MC are enchanted

There is no big surprise in there because ..lets face it...all these improvements are based on community feedback. The bigest positive note is this, they listen.

Lets see how is the gameplay in august-september.

I second this

Brian Emeka #E32016 ‏@EmekaTechHD 6h6 hours ago

Alright where do I start. You guys know I didn't like PES2016. But I can honestly say PES2017 is a much better game. You have to play it!

Had a great time playing PES2017 Gameplay is alot more refined than last years. Good job @Konami @Adam_Bhatti

Tweets

Daniel Dawkins @E3 @DanDawkins
Played an hour of PES 2017 yesterday: that's a good football game. On same trajectory as 2016, but subtle, organic, tweaks everywhere

Daniel Dawkins @E3
@DanDawkins Only play 5 or so games, but very impressed so far - great agility and reactive saves (e.g. improvised header save)

Mike Diver @MikeDiver
@AsimTanvir PES is looking sweeeeeeet. Ta for having me.

Mike Diver @MikeDiver
Having played both FIFA and PES this E3, I can confidently say FIFA has edged it...

...hahahahahahahaaaaaaahhhhhh.

Mike Diver @MikeDiver
No but seriously PES is a football game while FIFA is a game about football.

I've never understood why Konami don't release the game at the beginning of August when the football season starts and everybody's hungry. It would give them two months start on EA. Then they can release a squad update in September.

I've never understood why Konami don't release the game at the beginning of August when the football season starts and everybody's hungry. It would give them two months start on EA. Then they can release a squad update in September.

no one buys shit around that time of the year i guess, everyone is on holiday etc

not impressed by the teaser trailer at all!!!
since the meaning of a trailer should be to impress, so you would look forward to the demo, game and this totally failed, i have a bad feeling.
all the previews sound like recordings from past years so that doesn't help at all.

I can very easily post what these so called "reviewers" said about last year's game, and How AMAZING it felt and looked.

But I hope the community will grow some balls and face up to these clowns before the game is ruined for ever.

Challenge them to show you a game vs AI with more than 3 fouls :COOL:

2016 was an amazing improvement if you compare it with 2015 on PS, and FIFA was almost the same since 2014 bringing nothing new, so yes, they had a reason to be impressed with PES.
That doesn't mean that it's a perfect game.

no one buys shit around that time of the year i guess, everyone is on holiday etc

Madden normally releases in August to coincide with the start of the NFL season, so it's not a bad idea at all.

Obviously most major titles look to release in the September-November window with good reason, but there is a case for releasing games during the summer when a title can get more exposure to itself.

In this day and age of online updates, there's no good reason for a sports title's release NOT to coincide with the start of a new season. It makes perfect sense. Plus it gives Konami an excuse for their woefully inaccurate squads on release day.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom