PES 2017 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

I give this game another go last night and really dont see all this quality that you guys are saying. The game plays like a mini game with some good graphics.
Pes fans complain about animations all the time and now ten years later the animations are still awkward and suddenly this is the best current gen football to date? I just dont get it.
Community ask for more zip or something on the shots, now all shots are like cannon ball.
Community complain about too many low shots, and now its almost impossible to tip the ball to the botton corner like Romario. Now scoring is all about power and not placement.
Community complain about delay on the input and now we have ultra responsive moviment with players floating to give unrealistic multiple touches on the ball.

Community are screwing PES or Konamis are not interpreting what fans want? Here's the question.

I know I could answer this myself by doing my question...
Is it possible to edit the CPUs tactics in ML using a 2nd controller,you know before kick off?
Saw that I'm playing EL and I've only done edits on Serie A-B

@Chris Davies

I Is it possible to edit the CPUs tactics in ML using a 2nd controller,you know before kick off?
Saw that I'm playing EL and I've only done edits on Serie A-B
In this kind of a situation I have edited the team in question outside the ML. (Before I launch ML from main menu.) I have sort of assumed it works, but I am also sure it would be possible to test it.

Hmmm,gonna give it a go mate,tried the double controller,didn't work.
I'll try it in a few,get back to you
@Chris Davies

In this kind of a situation I have edited the team in question outside the ML. (Before I launch ML from main menu.) I have sort of assumed it works, but I am also sure it would be possible to test it.
Nope didn't work mate,started my ML,playing Standard Liege in the EL,went back to the edit menu,did some editing on their tactics,started my ML again,same set up as before.
Might acctually restart my ML,take a few hours and edit the major leagues aswell,La liga/PL/L1/Eriedivisie/other teams Europe.
Takes an hour max per league.

Are we due another data pack this month or we gonna have to wait until March for the update to screw our Option Files up

Probably march (february if we are lucky). The surely want to wait until the transfer window is closed, and thereafter it will probably takes some additional since, well, Konami does'nt work that fast.

I really hope they update stats for players that have had good seasons as well (Dolberg, Thiago Maia etc) and decrease for others.

Unfortunate, but good to know.
Yup.anything besides your own team tactics,are set in stone when starting a ML.
And if I'm not out on thin ice,once you've edit everything you want,and start a ML,updates doesn't mess that up,only if you've edit a bunch of stuff and start a new one.

i can pretty much take every little oddity Konami throws into this game,cause gameplay is fantastic.
but the schedule I my ML... seriously!
every campaign starts with two away games.
and what's even worse,if you play EL/CL,they pretty much count those as home/away together with your league games.

so my campaign with Torino starts off with 3 league games away,one at home,and three away again.
how is that even possible to do?
what's up with the producer's of this game.
insane

and what's even worse,if you play EL/CL,they pretty much count those as home/away together with your league games.
I've qualified for the Europa League and to be honest, I'm hoping for a bit of a schedule mess!

I've not had to rotate any of my players once all season as Hull in the Premier League - I've only swapped players around when they've had poor form arrows (and even then, only if I was against a poorer squad)!

Love the game, truly, but if it wasn't for European qualification I'd find the ML utterly boring. Gameplay on its own just isn't enough any more - if you're just pressing "next" after every game, you might as well be playing friendlies...

I've qualified for the Europa League and to be honest, I'm hoping for a bit of a schedule mess!

I've not had to rotate any of my players once all season as Hull in the Premier League - I've only swapped players around when they've had poor form arrows (and even then, only if I was against a poorer squad)!

Love the game, truly, but if it wasn't for European qualification I'd find the ML utterly boring. Gameplay on its own just isn't enough any more - if you're just pressing "next" after every game, you might as well be playing friendlies...
I hear you,kinda gets boring after a while,sure game play amazing,but it needs something else/more,a driven storyline making you want to buy/sell and go fw,gets stale after a while.
And to be honest,I miss a better presentation,a build up before the game,who's the top scorer,best/worst scoring team etc.

I hear you,kinda gets boring after a while,sure game play amazing,but it needs something else/more,a driven storyline making you want to buy/sell and go fw,gets stale after a while.
And to be honest,I miss a better presentation,a build up before the game,who's the top scorer,best/worst scoring team etc.
I'd just love a player to turn around and tell me he wants to play for a bigger club. I've got Hull into the Europa League, 2-3 players have excelled over the season and they've become players who would fit in at a bigger club. But nobody wants to go, and I haven't even had offers for them - and even if I did, it doesn't unsettle them. They're machines.

The closest you get to that is a random message telling you that "you should renegotiate so-and-so's contract sooner rather than later", and then get what might as well be an error message when you try to renew it. "So-and-so has refused. Try again?" I don't know! Why has he refused?!

I'd just love a player to turn around and tell me he wants to play for a bigger club. I've got Hull into the Europa League, 2-3 players have excelled over the season and they've become players who would fit in at a bigger club. But nobody wants to go, and I haven't even had offers for them - and even if I did, it doesn't unsettle them. They're machines.

The closest you get to that is a random message telling you that "you should renegotiate so-and-so's contract sooner rather than later", and then get what might as well be an error message when you try to renew it. "So-and-so has refused. Try again?" I don't know! Why has he refused?!
I should be more like FM, "xxx doesn't like you and wants to move"
And some shifty agents in the mix.
It gets a bit clinical and boring in that sense.
I'm in my 5th season with Milan on my other save,and one of the star player,when I gave him contract renewal,he wanted 13 million €, so it gets kinda tough after a while

What about setting your own valuation on one of your players? Lots of little touches would improve ML.

There is a lot of stuff you could name that would make the seasons or ML deeper/up to date/more intense/more real...!
Gosh Konami, even if it would be a rip off, get/copy/create some features and add that little something to the game (atmosphere wise)!

This is me saying the above while having a lot of fun with the games (playing simple matches against AI and buddies).

As I said, there is so many potential...

The worst thing for me in the masterleague is the regen system. Its bad enough re using players but when they come into the game at 16 with a rating of mid to high 70's it just ruins the immersion for me. I was in the second or third year of the masterleague and liverpool have a regen luca toni as their main striker. I like the game but with most thing I play is the masterleague. I cant be bothered starting a new one just to have to start a new league after another 2 seasons because of it. Don't think I've played a full game since early December. Hoping next year the PC version is the same as the PS4 and there are a few tools to nerf the regens or a proper regen system would be better. Also a more active transfer system, more control over the transfers and budget(I've a transfer budget of 17m and a wage budget of 70M) and a better training system

The worst thing for me in the masterleague is the regen system. Its bad enough re using players but when they come into the game at 16 with a rating of mid to high 70's it just ruins the immersion for me. I was in the second or third year of the masterleague and liverpool have a regen luca toni as their main striker. I like the game but with most thing I play is the masterleague. I cant be bothered starting a new one just to have to start a new league after another 2 seasons because of it. Don't think I've played a full game since early December. Hoping next year the PC version is the same as the PS4 and there are a few tools to nerf the regens or a proper regen system would be better. Also a more active transfer system, more control over the transfers and budget(I've a transfer budget of 17m and a wage budget of 70M) and a better training system

I hate the regens as well . .absolute nonsense. .shouldn't be in the game.

I personally like the regen system of pes. I always hated in fifa after a few seasons in career having most of the teams composed by regen with generic faces. It sould be more balanced in pes though.

The most I enjoyed ML was in PES 2010 if I recall correctly. I'd have lots of offers coming in for my best players, and if I sell a player who doesn't want to leave (shown by his great affection for the club with hearts, I think?), a good number of players' affection/loyalty drops and they become displeased. That alone added personality and I loved it. (Even though when that happened I shouted at the TV "Oh shut up! What's it to you?!")

Last edited:
The most I enjoyed ML was in PES 2010 if I recall correctly. I'd have lots of offers coming in for my best players, and if I sell a player who doesn't want to leave (shown by his great affection for the club with hearts, I think?), a good number of players' affection/loyalty drops and they become displeased.
Why the hell would they get rid of that? That sounds great!

Why is it that they seem to reset game modes every few years, rather than add to them and make them twice as deep?

Is there any difference between PES 2017 on PS4 and PS4Pro?
The graphics, that's it!

No difference with load times?
Not in my experience - the Pro starts overheating as soon as it's on the pre-match screen (with the opposition players standing on opposite sides of the screen), and makes an unbelievable racket, but I haven't noticed anything loading more quickly.

The most I enjoyed ML was in PES 2010 if I recall correctly. I'd have lots of offers coming in for my best players, and if I sell a player who doesn't want to leave (shown by his great affection for the club with hearts, I think?), a good number of players' affection/loyalty drops and they become displeased. That alone added personality and I loved it. (Even though when that happened I shouted at the TV "Oh shut up! What's it to you?!")
Also can't understand why they got rid of that I remember the AI using it to screw you over though lol. So your number 1 striker should get an offer and you obviously font want to sell him and he becomes all mopey on the football pitch and just about a liability.

They should reintroduce and refine.

lol two years ago, I saw the same recruitment from konami
don't think it can save our game, now you can still find obvious mistakes in the stats
also there are things that related to stats but I think the editor could not improve(not in their duties assigned by konami) or I should say konami didn't listen and change, things are missing stats like acceleration, responsiveness etc
and the fluid formation, the game introduced it in 2015 for the first time and emphasized the importance
unfortunately they didn't develop well on this or they just didn't care about
on the web there are people like klashman who care about tactics, they show that with fluid formation, position change, other stats and playstyle change, those things could easily bring the game to another level
just shame that konami didn't make good use of them
in default game, the fluid formation in the same team are almost the same in kick off, in possession, out of possession and the playstyle of teams wouldn't change during any update
leicester in default still playing possession football and short pass lol, just an example showed that no matter what happened in real life, they just wouldn't change atk/def instructions for teams

Last edited:
in regards to the regen system, i preferred the regen system on one of the older games where it would say "theres a player who looks a lot like Messi, could become a household name" but his name, nationallity and physicals would be different but his abilities would be similar, but Messi would still be playing.

But i also LOVED having the players like Chapi, Kaiser and Orlando. I remember Chapi having 97 accel and him being my main striker so long as he stayed injury free.. as he had a tolerance of C the worst!! a combo of both these systems would be immense

Back
Top Bottom