PES 2017 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

I just found that advanced shooting brings more variety to the shooting. Turning off the target guide makes it even better and unpredictable. Basic/manual shooting feels boring for me because of the same type of shots
Unfortunately, advanced shooting is dodgy and has never worked well since it was implemented several years ago.

Last edited:
I'm feeling the same with shooting ..I have a love hate relationship with manual shooting ..I generally feel I have little control where it ends up ..and I hit the target most of the time ..but like someone said it's most of the same kind of shots..basic is just dull and I get no sense of achievement from scoring

I'm feeling the same with shooting ..I have a love hate relationship with manual shooting ..I generally feel I have little control where it ends up ..and I hit the target most of the time ..but like someone said it's most of the same kind of shots..basic is just dull and I get no sense of achievement from scoring
My half-way house is basic shooting in most scenarios, with manual shooting from distance using the button modifier.

My chief satisfaction comes from putting together a move that results in a good goal, rather than the shot itself. The shooting could definitely be better, though, I can't disagree.

That's what they're set to do, yes! The thread I used is here: Operation Sports - PES 2017 Tactics
Thanks for reply! I will try your option file.

I downloaded one last week and I won't name and shame because the people work hard on it. But the tactics were all wrong for example Man City were playing counter attack and we all know they never play this way.

Look forward to trying your one have read good things.

My half-way house is basic shooting in most scenarios, with manual shooting from distance using the button modifier.

My chief satisfaction comes from putting together a move that results in a good goal, rather than the shot itself. The shooting could definitely be better, though, I can't disagree.

My final experience with basic shooting on superstar was a good build up and I put sturridge through on goal ..I aimed to keepers left far post and pointed there holding controlled finish..the shot was completely overridden and he to poked it in to the goal near post...I got no enjoyment at all from it

In fact they were aware of this issue ;)

This was a huge problem in PES 2016 and was largely eradicated for 2017 - I will make a note of this and see it gets fully sorted for 2018.

FYI

gabe, are they're awake about only weak foot erros that i've posted, or the others database in-game mistake (i've founded some others... Like for GK's stats)?
Also the fact that they really needs, like Fifa or FM, another system to create not so well know players?

For example: with the FM editor if you create a player, you only need to add current ability/potential/age/position/height/foot (basics) and it convert it to a "standard" player in game, even if you don't includes any attribute.
The player set will be "standard", but if you includes more informations (two or three attributes as an example) the others stats will be influed and there will be changes, if you know what i mean.

Looking at Fifa's rating, they've got something similar. PES needs to build a program like that, with "limitations" and standards stats especially for lower teams.
I talk about a tool that will guide better the Data Editors and "amateur" scouts who's in charge of some players and teams stats, without making rubbish (sorry for the word).

For bigger teams, it seems that they're making it in Japan because they're very good, with ID and everything, but the others like Ligue 1 and 2, Serie B, AFC and some National Teams...

Edit: If they can also give to us an online tool/plateform like this only to create some missing teams... It would be upper great, but i'm dreaming :TUMBLE:

Last edited:
gabe, are they're awake about only weak foot erros that i've posted, or the others database in-game mistake (i've founded some others... Like for GK's stats)?
Also the fact that they really needs, like Fifa or FM, another system to create not so well know players?

For example: with the FM editor if you create a player, you only need to add current ability/potential/age/position/height/foot (basics) and it convert it to a "standard" player in game, even if you don't includes any attribute.
The player set will be "standard", but if you includes more informations (two or three attributes as an example) the others stats will be influed and there will be changes, if you know what i mean.

Looking at Fifa's rating, they've got something similar. PES needs to build a program like that, with "limitations" and standards stats especially for lower teams.
I talk about a tool that will guide better the Data Editors and "amateur" scouts who's in charge of some players and teams stats, without making rubbish (sorry for the word).

For bigger teams, it seems that they're making it in Japan because they're very good, with ID and everything, but the others like Ligue 1 and 2, Serie B, AFC and some National Teams...

Edit: If they can also give to us an online tool/plateform like this only to create some missing teams... It would be upper great, but i'm dreaming :TUMBLE:

How much time and cost do you think something like this would this come to? I like the idea, sounds like some player template randomizer, with some criteria constraints.

I just noticed I can't change the managers' names.
Sorry my mistake the changes you make in edit mode changes that managers philosophy but not the team, so if you saw manager that played long ball tactics and then they sacked him and then that team brought in a manager with possession short passing, then that's how that team will play. I like that a lot

Sorry my mistake the changes you make in edit mode changes that managers philosophy but not the team, so if you saw manager that played long ball tactics and then they sacked him and then that team brought in a manager with possession short passing, then that's how that team will play. I like that a lot
Yep, I love that too. Manager movement is essential for a career mode, I think. Liverpool seem to have sacked Klopp after the defeat to me (Hull), and they've gone with Paulo Sousa as his replacement!

How much time and cost do you think something like this would this come to? I like the idea, sounds like some player template randomizer, with some criteria constraints.

Same time as Fifa/Fm have done their "system" of rating, i don't know but it seems less timely and costly to do than some things already done in game with faces, building gameplay, AI etc.

FM have that thing since like forever, and Fifa have a rating system like that since, perhaps Fifa 10-11.
Even in older PES/Winning eleven they've got something like that (PES 4 to PES 2013, with some changes from version to version)

If they know well their game and attributes mechanics, and refers to older "standard" in older PES, it shouldn't be so hard.
For us btw, it's another story and would take time and research to build a system like that.

I personnally don't really have knowledge in programming, only working a bit on excel...

Yep, I love that too. Manager movement is essential for a career mode, I think. Liverpool seem to have sacked Klopp after the defeat to me (Hull), and they've gone with Paulo Sousa as his replacement!
would be great in pes2018 if they could emphasize more on managers as to what kind of players that manager attracts, for example klopp likes bringing in up and coming superstars as someone like mourinho will break the bank for one player, would also be great in each players biography who there favorite teams and managers are, small things like that go a long way, they could go even deeper as to what that players favorite move is, and if you go another step you introduce scouts depending on there level what type of information you can find out about the player, similar to FM.

would be great in pes2018 if they could emphasize more on managers as to what kind of players that manager attracts, for example klopp likes bringing in up and coming superstars as someone like mourinho will break the bank for one player, would also be great in each players biography who there favorite teams and managers are, small things like that go a long way, they could go even deeper as to what that players favorite move is, and if you go another step you introduce scouts depending on there level what type of information you can find out about the player, similar to FM.
I've said similar over the past few months - just manager movement on its own adds a whole new layer to the ML, because it means that you're not playing the same teams/styles every season (I'm surprised Konami don't make more of it). If managers had just 10% of the attributes of players... It'd be another level again.

I'm thinking of things like formation "stubbornness", loyalty to players (i.e. do they start wheeling and dealing immediately or work with who they've got), even intelligence!

But there are fundamentals that need to be looked at first, I think. I wouldn't say the transfer model is realistic - I mostly get South American teams bidding on my players (who are frankly shit), and that's just problem #1 - and if you overlay more complicated managers onto that, it won't work very well.

You don't seem to ever get fired, either, whereas I've just seen Klopp go for not getting Liverpool into the top six and then losing to Hull (which I'd say is pretty realistic - I'm working wonders with Hull so I'd like to see the chairman offering me a contract that locks me into the club for a longer time)...

Let's be honest here, the ML is horribly outdated. No chairman expectations, no getting fired, no player interaction, a pretty poor transfer system - it's not very exciting. But as with the gameplay, it nails what I think is most important (team spirit, manager movement - I even love the training options).

But that leaves you with something that's functional, not exciting.

Yeah agree with everything you said, you would think this year they should add a lot of the things that's been mentioned and more they can't say this year they put all the effort into gameplay cos it's already there, just needs fine tuning in quite a few areas

I'm quite happy with a Manual passing/basic shooting combo for now. The shooting is sometimes a bit samey, but my manual shots usually looked even more so. At least now I can add some R2 into the mix, which my brain didn't have capacity for at manual shooting.

by manual passing I mean zero assist passing.

I keep seeing "R2 shot" (I swap the buttons around, R2 is my sprint button, so for me I'm guessing it'd be "R1 shot")...

Is it a finesse-style option? I've never used it - whenever I get the opportunity to shoot it's usually a rush-job so I don't have time to think...

(It's like diving - I know there's a button-combo for it, but I don't have the mental capacity to spot a situation where I can use it and then remember the combination with the space of a second...)

I keep seeing "R2 shot" (I swap the buttons around, R2 is my sprint button, so for me I'm guessing it'd be "R1 shot")...

Is it a finesse-style option? I've never used it - whenever I get the opportunity to shoot it's usually a rush-job so I don't have time to think...

(It's like diving - I know there's a button-combo for it, but I don't have the mental capacity to spot a situation where I can use it and then remember the combination with the space of a second...)

I've never used it in 17 until recently. The controls changed, now they require you to press R2 early before you hit shoot. My old habit was hit shoot first then R2, so I didn't realize I never actually performed the inside foot shot in 17. Same with O lofted passes, R2 must be fully pressed before hitting the O button.

So EA grabbed Braga too?
Man, i hope Konami can stop this company from monopolies, i'm beginning to hate EA because their greed is at our expense. We shouldn't be punished for buying the other game. We customers need to end this shit.

Madden Football isn't anywhere near the level it could be, with no competition.

Baseball games, Football games, Basketball games with no choice.. Is this the future ?

Yup that's exactly what it is. Works best when you have a bit more time on the ball line when you're clean through on goal and got want to "place" it past the keeper or when you've got space out side the box and the body positioning allows it, instead of lacing it you wanna curl one from distance Henry style.

What I love about PES 2017 is using a flick of the right stick while holding R1 (I use R2 to sprint too) to knock the ball on a touch then try the Finesse shot from range, get some glorious looking efforts and you've got the aesthetic of a player taking a self aways touch of the ball to set up a strike.

So EA grabbed Braga too?
Man, i hope Konami can stop this company from monopolies, i'm beginning to hate EA because their greed is at our expense. We shouldn't be punished for buying the other game. We customers need to end this shit.

Madden Football isn't anywhere near the level it could be, with no competition.

Baseball games, Football games, Basketball games with no choice.. Is this the future ?

Well, here we can't really state ourselves as a normal customers, we can't do anything, we can't force people to try PES or boycott EA Sports games... Plus they don't "bad games with licence" anymore neither.
Konami can't do nothing, in terms of sales, and their "exclusives" contracts seems pretty solids and without exploitable flaws to counter.
We can only count on some association to chang, like Fifpro to obtain more leagues and national teams to their cause. Germans leagues to change their politicy, i don't understand why the association make "room appart", like they were too important to make part of Fifpro, since 2006...

NBA games don't have the same problem, because it's a one and only league from one country, without any exclusive licence law, they're open to everyone who want's to create game, there's no boundaries.
And it seems that's the only one league people wants to play.
NHL is on the same boat in terms on interest, but it seems they've got another policy on exclusivity, which explains why NHL2K was directly killed...
2 Hockey games > one league people care > one game takes the exclusivity > K.O. for the other and every others company that would try to create an hockey game =
monopoly.GIF

But let's imagine for a second that basketball have always been a worldwide sports... NBA2K will be screwed, having the same problems PES had, struggling in vain.
FM have counter Fifa Manager (who's were fully licenced), because a manager games are all about tactics more than graphics/representation, also the plateform is PC since a long time, fully and simply customisable.
It's only in some particulars cases, but they're no way to escape fatality.

Last edited:
My God this game is hard on manual ..I've now ditched basic shooting as it's far to easy and advanced is just not responsive enough although I like the idea of it ..so full manual as wigan I'm 5 games in bottom of the league on regular difficulty although my first 3 games where 1 on top player and 2 on professional. I only have 2 points both gained on regular a 0 0 draw and a 1 1 ..the 88thotel equaliser was the best feeling ever on a football game

My oh my, this game has really clicked for me (again) after I really have worked on the fact that I have to look at where my teammates make their runs when passing, before I have mostly tried to place the ball where I WANTED, not where my teammate wanted. I guess thats the way to play when using PA 1 (just mash the X button...) etc but when playing manual that does'nt apply.

Hey, guys. Branching off of what I was talking about earlier, trying to find a way for those of you that can't modify the computer's tactics or can't be bothered to change every team in edit mode, or are just too deep in your competition to turn back now. This video addresses that and is focused to make changes for the user only. The results are great, and introduce another level of proper positioning that definitely isn't there without it. Let me know your thoughts!

Code:
►►► Detailed Steps:►►►

1 - Enable Fluid Formations: "On"
2 - Change Formation - Select the Out of Possession
3 - Change the "Out of Possession" formation into the "In Possession" formation
4 - Do the same for Kick Off formation
5 - Check to see if All-Out defense is not selected in Defensive instructions
6 - Go to Lineup/Edit position
7 - Use right analog and change any DMFs in the "Kick Off" or "Out of Possession" to CMFs.
8 - Use right analog and change any CMF in the "Out of Possession" to DMF's.
9 - You're done!! Enjoy!!

Thanks for this Matt. it helps make the game play a more natural football experience. I hated the attack/defence auto retreat rubber-banding ai.

Back
Top Bottom