PES 2017 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

PA1. Although i'd probably lose the will to live if i played Superstar difficulty in a competition mode with manual controls :D
Love, love, love your videos. Please keep them coming (though I had to stop playing longer matches, 7-7 is a bit crazy and I've had similar two-legged scorelines)!

Are you playing on PS4 (Pro)? Your graphics seem way better than mine!

On PS4 pro it's very fluid, without framedropping neither aliasing.
That's very obvious when you play on a licenced stadium like Anfield (like in the vids) or Signal Iduna, which have both more details

I like the word you used in "character" of the shot. That pretty much sums up PES 17 right there. The game is hectic and end to end due to all the space, and the shots are rapid, vicious, trying to race into the goal as quick as possible. What should be a rare, and thus a highly appreciated aspect, in a perfectly struck shot, has become "boring" and unsurprising. The strength of PES is the ball physics, and KONAMI have gotten them correct 99.9% of the way, but that .1% (yes it's bigger really, more like 30%) of shot "character" is the icing on the cake of defining a proper PES experience. Nostalgia is very strong, and their marketing used it, but they came up short where it matters the most. Well said!

I have been playing FIFA over Christmas and I don’t think I will go back to PES 2017. I always thought there was more feeling in scoring good goals in PES to FIFA, but I think it’s now been reversed, especially for long range goals. In two seasons in the career mode in FIFA I have only scored 2 goals from outside the box and I jumped off my seat when I did it. Players are capable of completely miss kicking the ball to the point I often see shots going out for throw ins.

Shooting used to be like this in PES years ago. I can remember a goal I scored with Roberto Carlos from outside the box, possibly 10-15 years ago, but I cannot remember the any I have scored in PES2017 outside the box as they don’t feel special and it almost feels like it is pre-programmed for balls to drop to your man just outside the box after corners.

Tackling is also more of an art than in PES and if you get it wrong the attacker is past you and away, instead of you being able to relentlessly just hit x to tackle with no punishment for missing.

I have been playing FIFA over Christmas and I don’t think I will go back to PES 2017. I always thought there was more feeling in scoring good goals in PES to FIFA, but I think it’s now been reversed, especially for long range goals. In two seasons in the career mode in FIFA I have only scored 2 goals from outside the box and I jumped off my seat when I did it. Players are capable of completely miss kicking the ball to the point I often see shots going out for throw ins.

Shooting used to be like this in PES years ago. I can remember a goal I scored with Roberto Carlos from outside the box, possibly 10-15 years ago, but I cannot remember the any I have scored in PES2017 outside the box as they don’t feel special and it almost feels like it is pre-programmed for balls to drop to your man just outside the box after corners.

Tackling is also more of an art than in PES and if you get it wrong the attacker is past you and away, instead of you being able to relentlessly just hit x to tackle with no punishment for missing.

Tackling and shooting is a joke in FIFA. I don't understand how people enjoy the shooting, it hits the post all the time just to fuck with you and make you smash the control.

You KNOW we have a thread to compare PES & FIFA.
Why come into the PES2017 thread to say You love FIFA and wont be playing PES any time soon?

Sorry mate I acknowledge the work You did for PES in the past,but at least dont derail this thread.
Please chaps.

Happy New Year. :YES:

Love, love, love your videos. Please keep them coming (though I had to stop playing longer matches, 7-7 is a bit crazy and I've had similar two-legged scorelines)!

Are you playing on PS4 (Pro)? Your graphics seem way better than mine!

Thanks man, they're fun making them. Yeah I'm on PS4 Pro, playing in 4k though the recording gets downsampled to 1080p when recording. Buttery smooth too so it's a delight to play.

Yeah I know what you're saying about the scorelines too, makes me groan a little and it's usually when the CPU takes it upon itself to score or equalise when it wishes, especially in Competition mode - If they wanna score they WILL score and there's nothing you're gonna do to stop it.

That being said, the goal fests were way worse on 2016. When I was doing my EURO Sim, nearly every game was 4-3 or had a goal straight from kickoff literally.

Had a fantastic 2nd leg to my CL Quarter final last night had to win by 2 clear goals to qualify. Tell you what this game, when it gets it right this game gets you real invested. The last few minutes was some of the most stressful of my life, had no idea what else they were gonna throw at me. played on Superstar 20 mins and to me was as immersive as a real European night at Anfield :)

Great vid.

How do you do the tricks on the ball? I can't make any of them work. I've been in training and tried wiggling both sticks but I can't work it out.

I'm getting all types of goals, dipping shots by AI, long range screamers. Again, what you see in-game, will depend alot on how the human player plays.

There is no correct way to play, that is the beauty of this game, it allows many different playstyles from human and also from AI.

Enjoy !

Totally agree with you on those points

Hey, guys. Branching off of what I was talking about earlier, trying to find a way for those of you that can't modify the computer's tactics or can't be bothered to change every team in edit mode, or are just too deep in your competition to turn back now. This video addresses that and is focused to make changes for the user only. The results are great, and introduce another level of proper positioning that definitely isn't there without it. Let me know your thoughts!

Code:
►►► Detailed Steps:►►►

1 - Enable Fluid Formations: "On"
2 - Change Formation - Select the Out of Possession
3 - Change the "Out of Possession" formation into the "In Possession" formation
4 - Do the same for Kick Off formation
5 - Check to see if All-Out defense is not selected in Defensive instructions
6 - Go to Lineup/Edit position
7 - Use right analog and change any DMFs in the "Kick Off" or "Out of Possession" to CMFs.
8 - Use right analog and change any CMF in the "Out of Possession" to DMF's.
9 - You're done!! Enjoy!!

Did anyone enjoy the MLO mod? It was the best thing about PES 2013. Imo it was the best ML we ever had. Adam said nobody supported that mode. I say bs.

Did anyone enjoy the MLO mod? It was the best thing about PES 2013. Imo it was the best ML we ever had. Adam said nobody supported that mode. I say bs.
I regret never really getting to grips with it. I found that no matter what I did, I couldn't save up the money for decent players, and it just frustrated me at the time.

But any mode that tries to give you an online transfer market like that, instead of what we have now, I'd prefer...

Hey, guys. Branching off of what I was talking about earlier, trying to find a way for those of you that can't modify the computer's tactics or can't be bothered to change every team in edit mode, or are just too deep in your competition to turn back now. This video addresses that and is focused to make changes for the user only. The results are great, and introduce another level of proper positioning that definitely isn't there without it. Let me know your thoughts!

Code:
►►► Detailed Steps:►►►

1 - Enable Fluid Formations: "On"
2 - Change Formation - Select the Out of Possession
3 - Change the "Out of Possession" formation into the "In Possession" formation
4 - Do the same for Kick Off formation
5 - Check to see if All-Out defense is not selected in Defensive instructions
6 - Go to Lineup/Edit position
7 - Use right analog and change any DMFs in the "Kick Off" or "Out of Possession" to CMFs.
8 - Use right analog and change any CMF in the "Out of Possession" to DMF's.
9 - You're done!! Enjoy!!

These are great, especially Nr.5, which is 100% neccessary.

I also started to use Wide always in attacking instructions, as teams with Centre basically do not care about attacking width at all and that is against all attack principles in football.

By the way, Matt, playing on PC you should try Nesa's camera tool for a more TV broadcast look. I just warn you, after you won't be able to play without it :)

So I have finally decided to sell this game for the second time. This time it won't lure me back.

To me this game just isn't fun where it really matters. Scoring feels lifeless, crossing is way too overpowered on PA1, manual passing is just too frustrating, PA1 is too easy, AI isn't challenging enough except on Superstar where it becomes laser-precise, the catch-up bug ruins break-away attacks, I almost never get any fouls or penalties, and option files are a ball-ache to keep operational. This game is Abbey Clancy - really beautiful and seductive, guaranteed to entice you to have a real good go, but thick as horse s****!

I'm out.

Why do some come in an announce they're selling the game to every one else, not sure what is the use. Can the admin create a thread for complains or rage and keep this one for those who are playing the game and trying to have the best experience possible?

So I have finally decided to sell this game for the second time. This time it won't lure me back.

To me this game just isn't fun where it really matters. Scoring feels lifeless, crossing is way too overpowered on PA1, manual passing is just too frustrating, PA1 is too easy, AI isn't challenging enough except on Superstar where it becomes laser-precise, the catch-up bug ruins break-away attacks, I almost never get any fouls or penalties, and option files are a ball-ache to keep operational. This game is Abbey Clancy - really beautiful and seductive, guaranteed to entice you to have a real good go, but thick as horse s****!

I'm out.

Cheerio.:BYE:

Why do some come in an announce they're selling the game to every one else, not sure what is the use. Can the admin create a thread for complains or rage and keep this one for those who are playing the game and trying to have the best experience possible?

Because this is a thread about PES 2017, about its pros and cons. So they can write, they sold the game because of this and that, thats somehow the purpose of this thread and forum. Just like you can write that this is the best game ever and every part of it is a masterpiece and it has no flaws and nobody can send you to "biased only praise thread". Learn some tolerance, man :)

Thanks, in fact it's since Windsor team and their "new data system" have take the role that we've got weird stats.
When it was done by 5 japanese guys in olders PES days, there was far more mistakes.
Some stats are also directly taken from Fifa which is not a very good idea...

But i've seen the contrary too: Bellerin stats in Fifa from last year have been "stolen", it seems there are some editor who works on both EA and Konami...

Btw lower league needs more consideration, like i said, they need to build ASAP a system to rate "globally" some players they don't know well, or make a deal with a reliable football source, like OPTA stats, or even the scouts from Sport Interractive (football manager)

In fact they were aware of this issue ;)

This was a huge problem in PES 2016 and was largely eradicated for 2017 - I will make a note of this and see it gets fully sorted for 2018.

FYI

I just found that advanced shooting brings more variety to the shooting. Turning off the target guide makes it even better and unpredictable. Basic/manual shooting feels boring for me because of the same type of shots

When was the game released ? Sptember, right ? And we are in january 2017.

At this stage, in previous years, I would come here only to bash PES, but thats not gonna happen with PES 2017 as the postive things I see on this game outshine the bad things by a long shot.

Ive been playing both offline and online friendly/unranked matchs and Ive never been so satisfied by a football game in years as I am with PES this year.

I never thought we would have a game that makes it possible to beat an assisted as a manual player like this PES does, and for me that tells me a lot: even tho assisted stil too assisted, by working on AI they found a way to make scoring goals a tough thing. Finding a space on defence to shoot is challenging again, and the game allows me to make challenging to just pass through my modfield by just using manual switching analog and just sideway steps to properly cover space.

The game obviously has some flaws that need to be adressed in pes 2018, one I particularly hate is how both your teamates and CPU teammates instantinioisly runs all the way back to the defence as soon as they lose possession, and that happens even when you or the CPU lose the ball inside the opponents defence area. Thats ridiculously weird, it doesnt make any sense.

But overall Im really happy with this game so far and I pray that Konami dont do what they did after the decent PES 2015. PES 2016 was a total abomination for me, it was like the PES 2008 of the mordern era.

Because this is a thread about PES 2017, about its pros and cons. So they can write, they sold the game because of this and that, thats somehow the purpose of this thread and forum. Just like you can write that this is the best game ever and every part of it is a masterpiece and it has no flaws and nobody can send you to "biased only praise thread". Learn some tolerance, man :)

I don't see any thing about game pros and cons in these types of posts. I see over reacting and being too emotional about a video game. Should we feel sorry about that or beg to give the game another chance? I am just not sure about these types of posts, but I guess you're right ..none of my business.

Last edited:
anyone know if there is option file that just gives us real kits and team names?

I don't want tactics messed with I want default tactics konami meant for game

Konami might be coming back to it's glory days, back when they made the best sports games.... I just love this gif
wfa.gif

Last edited:
anyone know if there is option file that just gives us real kits and team names?

I don't want tactics messed with I want default tactics konami meant for game
Anyone please? The only option files I seem to find CPU tactics have been changed.

Back
Top Bottom