PES 2017 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

Im not having problems with turf colours (I actually think they are ok) with one exception and that is Signal Iduna Park. Really, what is this turf supposed to be? A joke? A revenge of Konami to BVB?

had a cracking game earlier playing as chelsea v waest ham, superstar on full manual. I lost 2 nil but it was a great game. 6 - 5 in shots , numerous fouls. It was 0-0 at half time i had condensed my tactics to make it a tight game. Around the 60" minute on comes andy carol and he immediately causes problems, winning almost every header. I put David Luis on him as a man marker and that was my mistake. He loses him in the box to score right footed then almost straight away he scores again from a header.

I think it has everything to do with stadium lighting, it's too bright, it makes the pitch look dull. The lighting wasn't a problem in PES 2016, the game actually looked realistic. Now it looks cartoonish. I think Adam said something about doubling up the lighting for this year. Clearly it wasn't a good idea lol. Hopefully next year they learn and make it as it was before with just adding a bit more lighting.

This is the first PES I have ever that I have not played the master league as the lighting just totally puts me off the game. The game can look really good during the day on certain pitches, but you are stuck playing night games in the master league. It pains me so much I have bought Fifa for the first time since 1999

I think it has everything to do with stadium lighting, it's too bright, it makes the pitch look dull. The lighting wasn't a problem in PES 2016, the game actually looked realistic. Now it looks cartoonish. I think Adam said something about doubling up the lighting for this year. Clearly it wasn't a good idea lol. Hopefully next year they learn and make it as it was before with just adding a bit more lighting.

I would say lighting in general was good in PES 2016 but I don't see the big issue every one is complaining about this year; I even think lighting in some stadiums are step up from last year. I think the problem may come down to camera angles, especially wide angles. I am using live broadcast and game looks good to me. Wondering what other broadcast cam users think too??

I don't play ML because of how night games look and the amount of them. You would think that if asim and Adam have any input they would point this out ..just unlock the selector like fifa has done .
Sorted

I sold this game around 2 months ago. I enjoyed so much playing single matches, loved how it played. However, for me it seems it has the problem I get with PES always... the scripting. Has the latest updates helped on that? I understand some teams get aggressive when they are down, but for Cardiff City and other lower teams to become an all-star team when they are down against a heavyweight tiki-tak'ing their way to a score was too much for me. Loved Exhibition, hated CM.

Is it any better?
I'm one of those that has enjoyed the other game.... both have good things... just one for me is less infuriating...

Oh, man, have probably gotten to play for 12 hours or something today, and I'm still just nowhere near being able to handle manual shooting. I keep missing sitters and one on one's. Unless you come at the goal with a bit of an angle, if you come straight at the keeper, how are you supposed to aim? Just the tiniest of flickers up or down will drag the shot wide. I've noticed you can add some swerve with R2, but don't often manage to pull that off in the heat of the moment (quite often shoot 5 meters wide, haha). Oh, well, need to practise more. I think I've found a bit of a technique with the passing, sort of rolling the joystick towards the guy you want to pass to, makes it a bit more precise. Passing is going OK, but shooting, goddamn.

I would say lighting in general was good in PES 2016 but I don't see the big issue every one is complaining about this year; I even think lighting in some stadiums are step up from last year. I think the problem may come down to camera angles, especially wide angles. I am using live broadcast and game looks good to me. Wondering what other broadcast cam users think too??

In my opinion all they should do is bring back the PES 2016 lighting and get it over with. Maybe add a bit more lighting on some areas but that's it. I'm tired of complaining about stupid things. PES always seems to screw up things that don't need fixing. Shooting mechanics is one thing that really pisses me off with PES, it used to be its strongest point in the ps2 era yet for some reason it changed.

I sold this game around 2 months ago. I enjoyed so much playing single matches, loved how it played. However, for me it seems it has the problem I get with PES always... the scripting. Has the latest updates helped on that? I understand some teams get aggressive when they are down, but for Cardiff City and other lower teams to become an all-star team when they are down against a heavyweight tiki-tak'ing their way to a score was too much for me. Loved Exhibition, hated CM.

Is it any better?
I'm one of those that has enjoyed the other game.... both have good things... just one for me is less infuriating...

No is the simple answer to that. Had a game earlier today where I was 4-1 up after 65 minutes. Konami cheat mode then came into effect and my team stood around like statues whilst the cpu scored 3 quick goals in succession.

Turned the game off in disgust and haven't played it since. It leaves a really sour taste in the mouth and ruins a brilliant game.

No is the simple answer to that. Had a game earlier today where I was 4-1 up after 65 minutes. Konami cheat mode then came into effect and my team stood around like statues whilst the cpu scored 3 quick goals in succession.

Turned the game off in disgust and haven't played it since. It leaves a really sour taste in the mouth and ruins a brilliant game.
i never feel cheated when i play, but that's on regular difficulty. i believe the higher difficulties are the problem. this is why i suggest regular difficulty, broadcast camera , and full manual......... Let the manual play and camera increase the difficulty for you.
you get a very balanced game here, with no scripted shit.

i never feel cheated when i play, but that's on regular difficulty. i believe the higher difficulties are the problem. this is why i suggest regular difficulty, broadcast camera , and full manual......... Let the manual play and camera increase the difficulty for you.
you get a very balanced game here, with no scripted shit.

I finally found someone playing on the same exact setting and based on the same strategy... full manual, regular on live broadcast (which add to the difficulty). It's like we found the right balance to enjoy a good game, we saw the light :))

Hey guys, what's up ?

I've not been on my PS for over a year now, but my fiancé bought me a PS4 and the new PES, so time to get back into the groove. I've started my own business last year, hence the reason I've had no time for gaming for the first time in my life. But, the business is flying, so no complaints there. Glad to read and see the old guard still around, looking forward to sampling the new PES and giving my feedback.

All the best peeps.

Jimmy G

I'm playing on Top Player and full manual, and I've never felt cheated by the AI yet. What many have said about this unreal tiki-taka play from the opposition - I can't recall having faced it. In fact, I've been playing 3 seasons of ML with Derby County, and I've faced a fair amount of double decker buses and long ball teams, especially from mid-to-low Premier League sides such as Watford, Sunderland, Aston Villa, and even Stoke. It's actually the aspect of the game I love the most.

I agree with you, I play ML on top player full manual also but with Ajax, never feel cheated until now. I concede some cheap goals but from my mistakes, sometime you have to be more agressive to stop these goals. I can't describe how deep individuality this game have, every player in my team have own strenghts and if you know how to use them you can build your own playing style that can be deadly for opponents. I can't remember when I jumped from the chair all nervous, it was derby match against AZ Alkmaar on rain, they literally destroy my players, in first half AZ had 10 fouls and 6 yellow cards... the game ended 0-0 but was something completly different. I love this game :) Next year they should work on shooting variations and make manuall more manual, crosses are very inconsistent also.. but best pes until now for sure :)

They really have to fix the catch- up bug...
to be honest I struggled with this but try to double tap sprint button while sprinting but not right before player touches the ball again, practice it and you will see the results :) I play on -2 game speed and the game opens a lot, it's difficult on the beggining but you will get used to it, this way you have more control over your players during defending and attacking, also while sprinting but sprint button have to be used wisely :) try it ;) cheers

Hey guys, what's up ?

I've not been on my PS for over a year now, but my fiancé bought me a PS4 and the new PES, so time to get back into the groove. I've started my own business last year, hence the reason I've had no time for gaming for the first time in my life. But, the business is flying, so no complaints there. Glad to read and see the old guard still around, looking forward to sampling the new PES and giving my feedback.

All the best peeps.

Jimmy G
Jimmy get ready to blow a wad in your pants! Your going to love this version.

I'm tempted to drop down to top player in my competitions, i was playing on Superstar for the ultimate merciless challenge but it sometimes it's too stressfull and what with pressure being a little unrealistic it's very hard to score fun goals.

Seeing as the AI boosts the difficulty on competitions i shouldn't feel too ashamed for dropping down one level right?

to be honest I struggled with this but try to double tap sprint button while sprinting but not right before player touches the ball again, practice it and you will see the results :) I play on -2 game speed and the game opens a lot, it's difficult on the beggining but you will get used to it, this way you have more control over your players during defending and attacking, also while sprinting but sprint button have to be used wisely :) try it ;) cheers

Yeah that's not really true though, someone posted a vid here or if it was at Wenb where u clearly can se the player suddenly get stuck in "mud" so the defenders can catch up. He becomes ultra rapid suddenly. I only play online so I don't know if it has something to do with that, offline might be different.

messi has brown hair again please konami update his hair with a patch........
This is hilarious because the reason they didn't add it in the first dlc was because they "wanted to make sure that he was gonna keep it". Has it been a month since they changed it?

The national team license is only valid for the Japanese market.

Cheers, but why? Is it because it's expensive or what? Are there other teams (execpt J-League) that's in Winningeleven and not PES? South Korea? This annoys me since at least Japan would be nice to play with licensed online. Oh, whatever...

Cheers, but why? Is it because it's expensive or what? Are there other teams (execpt J-League) that's in Winningeleven and not PES? South Korea? This annoys me since at least Japan would be nice to play with licensed online. Oh, whatever...
KONAMI lost the J.League license long ago, but I think there are no other differences.

Back
Top Bottom