PES 2017 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

Konami should appoint a real professional as community manager and not a fan like Asim. I have nothing against him, but i don't understand why Konami goes for somebody with more experience...

I' m a big fan of the SSX franchise by EA (yes, the big bad wolf). Konami can learn a lesson or two from the developers of that game.

There is a community like evo-web (merqury city, named after one of the circuits in SSX Tricky) and the developers were constantly in contact with that forum. They let themselves interview in podcasts from the fans...the fans could design some boards and outfits and could give tons of suggestions...the last SSX game was virtually made from suggestions by the hardcore fans (i'm exagerating, but not much). That is how feedback between developers and fans should be. The developers also politely replied to some reactions that they were bullshit and unreasonable...

One big difference between the hardcore fans of SSX and PES: they were less negative (but they were pretty critical).

I hope there will be another SSX gamen (but that is off-topic).

Another great example of the positive interaction between developers and the community is by a small company called Big Ant Studios who make the terrific Don Bradman Cricket games. Spend some time at the PlanetCricket forums and one will see just how involved and professional they are with the community. Their level of passion and generous interaction with the fans reflects in the game. Konami community management could learn a lot from those guys.

On PS4 pro, no more aliasing, but the game look already good in anti-aliasing on PS4 classic
and of course more fluidity on replay.

They use their social media accounts for promotion of the game, not interaction and feedback.

Asim's account has some really bitter tweets on there - not PES-related, but, I find it bizarre more than anything. A social media manager who talks about how "salty" people are... But I guess it's his personal account.

Yeah its a bit stupid. So how do these two perform the link between fans and the company? lol its quite laughable really lol.

Another great example of the positive interaction between developers and the community is by a small company called Big Ant Studios who make the terrific Don Bradman Cricket games. Spend some time at the PlanetCricket forums and one will see just how involved and professional they are with the community. Their level of passion and generous interaction with the fans reflects in the game. Konami community management could learn a lot from those guys.

Thats all you can ask for.

But im guessing that because the Cricket game isnt as global or popular (struggling for the right word) that they dont have the chip Konami and Adam and Asim have.

i did that, you're wasting your money

Too late, getting it tomorrow (not just for PES though, obviously). :BLINK: I completely understand the bitterness, having to install updates that ruin option files and hours of work is total bullshit, when Konami must surely know of they vast amounts of "fans" they have that mod the game (why wouldn't they?). As a long term fan of the series, I have to say, one of the things I understand the least is Konami or the PES Team's lack of communication with their users/customers. It's just a joke.

I always do. I even had different modes on my tv for night and day matches last year. Was it you that had the Samsung 9500? if so, what settings have you applied?
Yea was me. Expert settings > colour space > custom > green, and changed the settings to 0, 100, 0. This will only affect the green colour and make it look lush enough. For all other games I switch back from custom to Auto.

Side note: I switched off smart LED because it was dimming the picture automatically to maximise contrast. It wasn't working well with PES. I thought it was PES doing that.

This is from a turf patch on the PC.

C49FB9AF7FA3520B7A4F37326FC7ABB357326D3D

I like it! Where can I get this patch and how do I install it?

Guys,

during a match, if I pause the match, the fan of my PS4 starts running like crazy. It's as if the program is running at full speed when on hold.

This happens only with PES. Do you have same issue?

I have seen this happen with some PC games before: games running at max power when idle.

Even in general PES is the only game that makes the fan of my PS4 run at high speed - also when not on pause.

Guys,

during a match, if I pause the match, the fan of my PS4 starts running like crazy. It's as if the program is running at full speed when on hold.

This happens only with PES. Do you have same issue?
Yep.

When I played on the standard PS4 I had this - with the PS4 Pro and the 4K patch, it's even worse. The heat it pumps out is staggering.

Doesn't happen with other games as much - the fan occasionally ramps up, but not to maximum. I've always told myself it's due to the calculations going on (Football Manager does the same thing on a PC), but it starts to ramp up for me on the pre-match screen (with the players standing either side of the lineups).

Yea was me. Expert settings > colour space > custom > green, and changed the settings to 0, 100, 0. This will only affect the green colour and make it look lush enough. For all other games I switch back from custom to Auto.

Side note: I switched off smart LED because it was dimming the picture automatically to maximise contrast. It wasn't working well with PES. I thought it was PES doing that.

Thanks, I had seen that as well and thought it must have been some setting on the tv reacting, but never had the time to investigate

I am such a sucker.

I sold this game a couple of weeks ago. Now I've bought it again for the same money I sold it for.
I've decided to force myself to play full manual to get maximum enjoyment.

When I played on the standard PS4 I had this - with the PS4 Pro and the 4K patch, it's even worse. The heat it pumps out is staggering.

Doesn't happen with other games as much - the fan occasionally ramps up, but not to maximum. I've always told myself it's due to the calculations going on (Football Manager does the same thing on a PC), but it starts to ramp up for me on the pre-match screen (with the players standing either side of the lineups).
Not glad to hear about Pro... Was planning to buy it.

And heating up on pause, or pre-match screen doesn't make any sense. Maybe a side product of the graphics engine, but still.

I wonder if Konami are aware of this. I wonder if anyone else cares.

I really don't recall being so pissed off at a game. And it's all due to the lack of a "day/night selector" which should be a basic feature in any sport game. I stopped playing the game for that reason.

Not sure what the people in charge of the community are doing, i actually might send a letter to konami HD in tokyo since all emails or comments on social media are worthless.

I've gone back to basic shooting from manual, still have zero assist on passes and don't see me ever changing that, but something about the manual shooting that felt off. Maybe just that when I wanted to add R2 into the mix i was using too many inputs for my brain to handle so by the time I got a shot off the chance was gone.

Not glad to hear about Pro... Was planning to buy it.
Love the Pro, I wouldn't remove it from your consideration based on PES. But the 4K patch for PES is (in my opinion - clearly not in the opinion of others) disappointing. Nothing looks richer or more realistic, only sharper (and blatant grass pop-in is still there on replays). Some of the other updated titles look better.

I wonder if Konami are aware of this. I wonder if anyone else cares.
I'm guessing it's Konami who don't care, considering that the response to making the turf more saturated (something that would take the graphics guys literally seconds) was some nonsense about it being impossible. With PES, we get what we're given and that's that, unfortunately (but then it's always been that way with the disconnect between Konami in Europe and the developers in Japan).

Last edited:
I've gone back to basic shooting from manual, still have zero assist on passes and don't see me ever changing that, but something about the manual shooting that felt off. Maybe just that when I wanted to add R2 into the mix i was using too many inputs for my brain to handle so by the time I got a shot off the chance was gone.

I've been playing full manual since I got my PS4 yesterday, and it's been a joy so far (so much easier on PS4 than on PC, probably due to my PC controller sucking/not having the needed resolution). I must say, shooting is by far the most difficult part. I've missed so many sitters it's embarassing. Passing works great though, and crossing is a delight on manual, so many more interesting things happening in the box.

Hopefully I'll get used to the shooting with time. How long did you try it out?

I've been playing full manual since I got my PS4 yesterday, and it's been a joy so far (so much easier on PS4 than on PC, probably due to my PC controller sucking/not having the needed resolution). I must say, shooting is by far the most difficult part. I've missed so many sitters it's embarassing. Passing works great though, and crossing is a delight on manual, so many more interesting things happening in the box.

Hopefully I'll get used to the shooting with time. How long did you try it out?

Daisuk, it takes a while but you will get used to it ... . go into training mode and start practicing .. . it will soon become second nature.

Daisuk, it takes a while but you will get used to it ... . go into training mode and start practicing .. . it will soon become second nature.

Yeah, thanks for the tip. Have spent some time in there, but it will come with practise. I went from top player to professional in my Master League to make it a bit of a training session, but the overall gameplay really suffered from it, so will just have to learn the hard way, I reckon. Lots of fun so far though, it really feels like this is the way this game is supposed to be played. :)

Question for the full manual contingent on here though - where do you draw the line on say set plays? Do you do them manually as well, or do you allow yourself to use the R1 + point at a player thing? I'm just curious, in case I'd venture into an online match with a full manual guy one day. :)

Last edited:
Love the Pro, I wouldn't remove it from your consideration based on PES. But the 4K patch for PES is (in my opinion - clearly not in the opinion of others) disappointing. Nothing looks richer or more realistic, only sharper (and blatant grass pop-in is still there on replays). Some of the other updated titles look better.

After the patch the dull pitch colour at Anfield is now duller and even more Grey.

After the patch the dull pitch colour at Anfield is now duller and even more Grey.

I think it has everything to do with stadium lighting, it's too bright, it makes the pitch look dull. The lighting wasn't a problem in PES 2016, the game actually looked realistic. Now it looks cartoonish. I think Adam said something about doubling up the lighting for this year. Clearly it wasn't a good idea lol. Hopefully next year they learn and make it as it was before with just adding a bit more lighting.

Back
Top Bottom