PES 2017 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

Would love a ML online mode. Not the MLO we had a few years ago, an actual co-op Master League you can play with a friend on the other side of the planet, on the same team. Could achieve this using Share Play but my friend's connection doesn't meet the minimum requirements for share play so we can never establish a connection.

Is ML possible remotely through Share Play? Leagues, cups etc I'm pretty sure are not, just exhibitions...

I used to on PES 2015 but when I tried it on this version it was to sluggish and ball seemed to move in slow motion. I'd welcome a slower base if possible but for now -1 is OK

The tempo on ML depends on the type of match .. .derby's are frantic and some other matches can be painfully slow even on -1.

When you first try -2 it seems really really sluggish, so I kept going back to -1. But then I forced myself to play -2 for a week, and now I don't think I'll go back. It's the obvious stuff really, you have more time, and the CPU pressure seems just right. It's more like the pace of a real match to me.

When you first try -2 it seems really really sluggish, so I kept going back to -1. But then I forced myself to play -2 for a week, and now I don't think I'll go back. It's the obvious stuff really, you have more time, and the CPU pressure seems just right. It's more like the pace of a real match to me.

I tried the same thing with Pes 2013 and yes you can get used to it.

Why is there a massive 'no mans land' between defence and attack? Is there a way to have better midfield?
There are matches where this empty space exists, and matches where there is a tight midfield. I played a match yesterday (ML, superstar, full manual) where I had huge difficulties getting past the midfield.

A number of factors can contribute. Some of these are not under your control for the CPU, some you can edit for CPU teams.
  • frontline pressure vs. all out defense: I have edited frontline pressure for all teams in my ML
  • A/D level
  • defensive line height: you can have some nifty matches trying to protect a lead with a high defensive line and low A/D
  • formation in and out of possession in fluid formations: both formation shape and player roles (CMF vs. DMF) can contribute
  • aggressive vs. conservative pressing (whatever the exact name is in settings)
  • gegenpressing.

Last edited:
The Pro/4k update is welcome.
Differences noted as follows:

- no jaggies around players, now players look good from a far as compared to before where they only looked good from close.

- pitches look better and greener as well as stadium lighting
- crowd definition looks detailed
- Nice bold colours and textures
- individual details pop - banners, boards, grass etc
- gameplay feels very smooth now like locked at 60fps
- replay frame rate improved
- contrast lighting is excellent.

If you have a 4k tv you will notice a substantial upgrade in quality all round.

It doesnt matter because game still look poor and not in Ps4 level. Game looks like PS3 era. The graphics looks like FIFA 13 on PS3.
You must be playing a different game to me. Pes 2017 on 4k is the best looking PES game. And I've played them all. I'm sure that next PES will optimise with pro further..

You must be playing a different game to me. Pes 2017 on 4k is the best looking PES game. And I've played them all. I'm sure that next PES will optimise with pro further..

I don't think it is. If you play the master league you are forced to play much of the game at night. This game doesn't look good at night.

I down loaded the fifa demo the night I saw that the game still looks poor at night with the 4k patch.

What I saw was greener turf and less greying out of the graphics at night. Add this to the much better atmosphere in games and I have decided to buy Fifa. This is something I never thought I would do, but I'm sick of the feeling I get when I get another night game in pes and I can't be bothered to sort my option file it again following the last update

Bought fifa. Played it the last two hours. Infuriatingly it's not as good as the demo.

What pisses me off most though is that the biggest difference between the two is graphics. And the biggest factor is turf. A good turf makes the game so much better and it's so easy to do. I know from making turfs on pc

Pes could quite easily look as good as fifa, but it doesn't as they go with shite turf that makes it kook like a poor ps3 game.

Add the turf and make games a midfield battle and lose the catch bug and pes wins massively.

But they won't, they will release a patch with boots and retweet people getting henry in my club as fifa gets another few million pound in sales to stretch their lead further

It really does make me angry. Both gamesc aren't what they should be

Last edited:
I don't think it is. If you play the master league you are forced to play much of the game at night. This game doesn't look good at night.

I down loaded the fifa demo the night I saw that the game still looks poor at night with the 4k patch.

What I saw was greener turf and less greying out of the graphics at night. Add this to the much better atmosphere in games and I have decided to buy Fifa. This is something I never thought I would do, but I'm sick of the feeling I get when I get another night game in pes and I can't be bothered to sort my option file it again following the last update

I think it depends on what league you play in. I am playing in the English Championship and most of the games are day time. Personally it looks great to me. I gave FIFA another go last night to see what all the fuss is about. Yeh graphics look great, stadiums too, initially its impressive but once you start seeing cut scene after cut scene after cut scene its like come on just get on with the game.

I only played the one game last night and it finally dawned on me why i dont like it. I think its because the CPU mostly plays forward and side passes its always moving up the pitch. That's my experience anyway. Ive been playing it off and on to try to like but it's pretty poor IMO.

PES has it's flaws and yes its messed up people's option files (actually my one is fine in ML, i'm using goalgerd's) But gameplay wise it is the best since PES5. Still has a long way to go but its fine. FIFA is always trying to impress with the immersion but i think the game play is worse than last year.

Tried custom tactics and CPU plays the ball a lot back...the flaw is that it plays a lot back during injury time as well when they need a goal. But its just the demo.

For me the major question is now which game you can patch up the most to be payable rather than which game is more awesome since both games have very big flaws.

Tried custom tactics and CPU plays the ball a lot back...the flaw is that it plays a lot back during injury time as well when they need a goal. But its just the demo.

For me the major question is now which game you can patch up the most to be payable rather than which game is more awesome since both games have very big flaws.
I tried the custom tactics from Operation Sports, ok admittedly it was only Spurs v Arsenal that i tried but Arsenal were constantly playing side ways and forwards even when they were winning. The only time they played back was at kick off.

Wait a minute, I have the game on PS4 and 4k TV and graphics don't look bad at all. In fact with the latest update and new stadiums, especially anfield it's really good.

Yep game looks great. :)

Sold units according to vgchartz.com up to November 2016, on every platform combined, world wide. WE games arent included. Tho since 2016 there is only PES.

PES - 2.20m
PES 2 - 2.99m
PES 3 - 2.90m
PES 4 - 3.94m
PES 5 - 5.77m
PES 6 - 6.54m
PES 08 - 8.55m
PES 09 - 6.86m
PES 10 - 5.98m
PES 11 - 4.89m
PES 12 - 3.64m
PES 13 - 2.46m
PES 14 - 1.64m
PES 15 - 1.66m
PES 16 - 1.42m + UEFA EURO 16 - 0.36
PES 17 - 0.56m

Is the King really back?
As for 2017 there must be another peak in sellings around X-mas so it might double the figures but i would highly doubt it would be higher even than 2015's was. During Spring and Summer the sellings will go down for sure.

Last edited:
Interesting the high spike on PES08,which IMO was the poorest edition.People had high expectations after PES06.
Still have high expectations,not so much for gameplay,but more content and next gen graphics.
There is so much Konami have removed along the way that people really enjoyed.Why not continuous improvement without shrinking & downgrading content? Evolution even.
They and their Global Brand Managers need to recognise this if they really believe PES17 is a "big turning point".

Back
Top Bottom