PES 2017 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

On the normal ps4 it's only 176 Meg. .will it be bigger on the pro or am I off the mark ..I thought new textures and high resolution would be gigs

Patch 1.04 for 4k support is out
I'm currently testing it on my 1080p + Ps4 pro, and that's much more fluid, no more slowdown framerate issues, 60fps locked which makes replays looking very nice.
No more aliasing in game (a little bit with bilboards borders when the game is in momevement only, but nothing noticeable) and the crowd is no more pixelated.

About aliasing and pixels, i think it's certainly the 4K/1080p upscaling which make that effect.
I wonder how it looks like on 4K tv.

But the complete package seems more fluid on pro, for sure. I've got the same feeling when i play older PES 2010-13 on my actual PC in those terms
Vialli, can you take some screenshots please ? just for compared
Merci connard !

Again it may come down to your settings. If you play basic shooting u probably have 3 directions while u can hit the ball more freely with manual, hence a variety in shots. Body position is for sure important I don't see how it doesn't matter in this game.

Just decreased Giroud' Finishing to 40, literally nothing has change with basic shooting. Maybe he hits the target 8/10 times not 10/10 times. With manual this attribute wont matter as we know as it places the shot wherever you pull the stick.

So...there is just no such thing as shooting ID in this game. Same for passing ID. Sure the special skills make some difference with extra animations but thats paperthin if the basics all wrong. Eg Cillessen shoots the same like Neymar.

Same for the catch up bug in the game. You cant get away with anyone from any defender. They catch up with jogging animation, no matter if its Aubameyang vs Melikov(the slowest player in the database).

These majer aspects should be addressed then id love the game.

Tempted to move to FIFA again but there besides shooting and immersion everything else is off.

Last edited:
Can anyone tell me if you edit a teams advanced instructions do they actually use them edited instructions or does the AI just use what ever it pick's itself.
I know you can edit lineups and formations and get them to play long ball or short pass and all the rest.but do they actually use your edited advanced instructions like attacking full backs or hug the touchlines.

And forgot to ask if when playing a derby game in master league does anyone feel the relentless script from the AI.
I don't just mean the AI tackling getting away with everything. but you cant stop them attacking and scoring when they please.i consider myself a good player and play on top player and win most of my games.
I've been playing pes from iss days and feel this is the best and worst of all the pes games.ive had really good hard games in master league with no script.
But when it comes to derby games it really is insulting to players to put this bullshit script in the game and expect us to enjoy the game when your not in control...so frustrating...does anyone else share this frustration with me.i do love the game but these things make it horrible to play.wish they gave you an option to turn it on or off. Anyway rant over.......

As people have already said, it's not really an improvement. Really disappointed, especially when that weird "line of grass" is still there (where grass "pops" into 3D beyond a certain line, which is really visible during celebrations etc.)...

It might not be upscaling from 1080p to 4K any more but there's really not much difference from what I can see, certainly not from the gameplay camera anyway - and when you've got that grass pop-in etc. still going on, it totally spoils any immersion. Such a shame, but I don't know why I was expecting anything more.

I don't think that this patch adds HDR. Like FIFA 17 it ups resolution to 4K but doesn't add HDR.

it's non hdr. i have an oled LG 4k hdr tv and a ps4 pro. i can't see an option to ajust 4k or something, it's the same as with fifa 17 and fallout 4: if you have a ps4 pro with a 4k tv it jumps automaticly to 4k native and i have to say: it looks awesome...

nice to hear too that fps is also better with a pro on a 1080p tv..

As people have already said, it's not really an improvement. Really disappointed, especially when that weird "line of grass" is still there (where grass "pops" into 3D beyond a certain line, which is really visible during celebrations etc.)...

It might not be upscaling from 1080p to 4K any more but there's really not much difference from what I can see, certainly not from the gameplay camera anyway - and when you've got that grass pop-in etc. still going on, it totally spoils any immersion. Such a shame, but I don't know why I was expecting anything more.

Its Konami. That says it all.

Tempted to move to FIFA again but there besides shooting and immersion everything else is off.

FIFA shooting is far worse, the ball hits the post almost all the time and is op as hell. Maybe you're into that but both are bad at it, even tho I enjoy PES shooting on basic more. Nothing can match the old ps2 PES shooting mechanics tho.

Just decreased Giroud' Finishing to 40, literally nothing has change with basic shooting. Maybe he hits the target 8/10 times not 10/10 times. With manual this attribute wont matter as we know as it places the shot wherever you pull the stick.

I am one of those who believe that attributes still are somehow factored in in Manual. kick power, precision and finishing varies between players. I have only been playing manual for years and this years edition is more apparent than last year's. I like to be able to have a control over where I aim the ball, and with attributes influence in manual, although it may be subtle, I get the best of both worlds. With basic shooting I might as well set the game on coach mode and watch it instead of playing it

I personnally see in difference in framerate slowdown, fps is very stable and there's less aliasing
It's not upper big but much more fluid, from what i've been complaining before (frame drops, a bit of aliasing and pixelated in some area)

Btw Fifa have much more aliasing in general, the goal and net, background, in 4K or not. More off-pitch details but more aliasing and pixels noticeable too.

@ThomasGOAL you need to see that in movement, a simple capture (trouduc)

Just been playing the update on a 4k tv

At first I was slightly undetermined, but after trying about 8 stadiums you find it that the lighting and turf and so look of the depends on the stadium.

All play smoother, but some definitely look better than others and look impressive, Though I still think they had lighting better in previous versions on the ps4

Why is there a massive 'no mans land' between defence and attack? Is there a way to have better midfield? And the ai is also very poor on attack when the ball breaks loose and your supporting players have all retreated too quickly if you get the ball back. The players need better football brains!

don`t know what everyone expecting from ps4 pro but for me is waste of money. it`s like upscaling 576p signal upscalling to 1080p like in the days when dvd standard format and full hd tv`s hit the market. in this case is even worse becouse it was gaming and every bad upscalling pop up in the eye. sony make big mistake, it`s not all about profit when you are brand like sony, they tried to follow xbox one but in reality they have no reason for that, sony outsell xbox even in the beggining. releasing ps4.5 was punch in the face for loyal customers, nothing less...

Would love a ML online mode. Not the MLO we had a few years ago, an actual co-op Master League you can play with a friend on the other side of the planet, on the same team. Could achieve this using Share Play but my friend's connection doesn't meet the minimum requirements for share play so we can never establish a connection.

I litterally want to flush this game down the toilet sometimes (which be kind of stupid when I in fact have the digital version...). I'm playing Online divisions with manual settings. But since there is the slightest button lag in almost every match and everyone applies the op pressuring there is almost isn't any joy cos everything feels so random.

I tried to play one last match yesterday without using R1 and got some enjoyment back, will try that more and re-learn to use R1 at the right time. But I guess it wont matter much when everbody else just can pressure the hell out of you anyway...

I am happy with the 4K update. Lets be honest we weren't going to see a graphics and LOD overhaul. But's it's smooth, the frame rate locks in a 60fps no matter what you do.

You can watch a replay over and overt again, it's quite lovely, smooth and looks the little bit sharper.

Back
Top Bottom