PES 2017 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

I can see your point Lami.
Yes i work in the local community.
It is my job to listen to everybody. But if people are telling lies or complaining about minor issues i just tell them that they are unreasonable (well, first i try to explain them that there are more important things).

The difference between me and the Konami people is that i'm dealing with 50 people at a time while they are dealing with thousands of them. Believe if i say i wouldn't want to have to deal with some of the reactions Asim and Bhatti get.

IMO Bhatti has had a very positive influence on PES. He was lousy community manager and so is Asim, because both of them are fans of the franchise. What you need in that position is a professional with enough distance to manage the reactions. Both Bhatti and Asim are too emotional involved to be a good community manager.

But the people who give feedback are largely to blame aswell...90% of the negative reactions are laughable to be honest, even if some of their negative feedback is justified. It's also the way they express themselves...some of it are without any respect. I don't think one should discuss with people who don't respect you as a human being. I never do that in my job, never...

I remember some reactions here when PES started to go downhill in the PS3 era. There was literally somebody here who wished that Seabass would die...he wasn't even cautioned for it...people like that should be banned from forums. I'm higlighting one very exagerated reaction, but that was not the only one.

I remeber that at that time i had one almighty row with some people here. I sort of overreacted too, but to me "discussing" like that is totally unacceptable. From those days i have the reputation to be a very big PES fanboy (i hate that word). I like to think that i'm not. But at that time anybody who wasn't totally against Konami, PES and it's devlopment team was considered a total retard and an idiot. Well, then i will always choose the side of the total retards and the idiots.

Well said. I think they are naturally on the defensive. Most that are tweeting are hardcore fans of the series, and it's tough to get out of the defensive mindset after putting in so much work into it.

The feedback I try to give Adam and Asim is always with video evidence. I feel that has been successful, but not sure anything is really changing. I already had predicted that this tactical adherence and all-out defense mentality of players is going to hurt a very beautiful game. Wish they had listened, because now everyone else is seeing the after effects of those root causes, which is why the shine is wearing off.

Come now. 6 certainly looks awful by today's standards, but it doesn't play awful. I'm not idealising the past but there's no doubt that the ebb and flow of 6 is much more fun to me than all of the components of 2017. The shooting for a start feels so much better and the AI definitely attacks more aggressively too. 2017 is the better package I suppose but I'm having more fun with 6. There's a reason 6 is still heavily modded and supported after all this time. It's a classic. Not all current-gen versions are better than the older titles in my opinion (Street Fighter 5, Final Fantasy, Tomb Raider, FIFA, Call of Duty to an extent) whilst others definitely are (Doom, Uncharted etc).
actually tomb raider the new versions are very good games, i second u that.

guys i just would like to know one thing, why was the game praised by everyone in the first month and every thing was cool and game plays great, and now i start to see people saying no it is nt good and people start to sell the game??? i mean what the heck is going on? the game is good and plays good, but there is this issue of scripting on superstar and cpu cheating that is ruining the game, and add to that the no penalty situation, it;s these issues that are the negatives in this game but other than that, the game plays fine, why people just decide they want to sell the game because of update ruining option file, i fail to understand, ok it's annoying yes, but at least u have a good game to play.

guys i just would like to know one thing, why was the game praised by everyone in the first month and every thing was cool and game plays great, and now i start to see people saying no it is nt good and people start to sell the game??? i mean what the heck is going on? the game is good and plays good, but there is this issue of scripting on superstar and cpu cheating that is ruining the game, and add to that the no penalty situation, it;s these issues that are the negatives in this game but other than that, the game plays fine, why people just decide they want to sell the game because of update ruining option file, i fail to understand, ok it's annoying yes, but at least u have a good game to play.

A lot of people are really pissed off over the option files and have had enough of being taken for a mug. . . .personally apart from 'optionfilegate' I think the game is great, scripting will always be there .. . . .we're not playing against a human .it's the A.I. .the peno situation should have been patched. . . I see something different in it everytime I play it and find ML enthralling.

The feedback I try to give Adam and Asim is always with video evidence. I feel that has been successful, but not sure anything is really changing. I already had predicted that this tactical adherence and all-out defense mentality of players is going to hurt a very beautiful game. Wish they had listened, because now everyone else is seeing the after effects of those root causes, which is why the shine is wearing off.

While there are issues with tactics and A/D mentality, I personally don't think those are making the shine wear off. I get tactically sound matches, could be related to the fact that I have edited "frontline pressure" for all teams. I am also playing full manual with some defensive constraints on top.

The real issue, for me and quite a few others I am aware of, is momentum scripting. It has the potential to destroy immersion. It takes many forms, but the most typical scenario would be the following. I am playing a brilliant match, exciting as hell. At a certain minute, say 80', my players start fumbling with all basic aspects of football. (It can also be CPU players that start fumbling.) In order to survive this stage I need to start thinking: "Ok, we are in the momentum zone now. We can't play football like we used to play it. We are now a bunch of lower league players who happened to stray on this pitch. Just try to do 'something' and let's hope it works."

This momentum scripting is much more difficult to demonstrate in a video. I would be extremely grateful if someone could do it.

It's exactly like @ramgamer wrote:

the game is good and plays good, but there is this issue of scripting on superstar and cpu cheating that is ruining the game, and add to that the no penalty situation, it;s these issues that are the negatives in this game but other than that, the game plays fine, why people just decide they want to sell the game because of update ruining option file, i fail to understand, ok it's annoying yes, but at least u have a good game to play.

While there are issues with tactics and A/D mentality, I personally don't think those are making the shine wear off. I get tactically sound matches, could be related to the fact that I have edited "frontline pressure" for all teams. I am also playing full manual with some defensive constraints on top.

The real issue, for me and quite a few others I am aware of, is momentum scripting. It has the potential to destroy immersion. It takes many forms, but the most typical scenario would be the following. I am playing a brilliant match, exciting as hell. At a certain minute, say 80', my players start fumbling with all basic aspects of football. (It can also be CPU players that start fumbling.) In order to survive this stage I need to start thinking: "Ok, we are in the momentum zone now. We can't play football like we used to play it. We are now a bunch of lower league players who happened to stray on this pitch. Just try to do 'something' and let's hope it works."

This momentum scripting is much more difficult to demonstrate in a video. I would be extremely grateful if someone could do it.

It's exactly like @ramgamer wrote:

Agree with your post, one thing I do when I start noticing my players start passing like Sunday leaguers, straight substitution and most of the time problem is recitified.

Bhatti always love fans without knolage.When I asked him 8 years ago on Wenb difficult questions he called me rude. He doesnt like fan with knolage about Pes. For Bhattii intelligent/with knolage fan=rude. He can easily manipulate with people who don't have enough knowledge. He love this kind of fans. You can prove him a lot but he still call you rude. If you ask him stupid question like in new data pack will be Messi new hear he will answer big YES!!!! The team work hard to give you new Messi hear. If you ask him why Pes look ugly on wide camera and why keepers animation look weird he say you are rude.

Last edited:
Does anyone else noticed, that having an AAA courtesy rating makes finding a (manual passing) game a thing for 15, 20 or even more minutes? Thats just unbelievable, something must be broken. When I have courtesy rating A, i get a game ussualy in about 5-10 minutes. I know, that with AAA you can only get paired with someone with A, AA or AAA, so no against B or C, but even when I have A I almost never get a match against a B or C. So there is no real reason, why it should be harder to find an opponent with AAA than with A.
Now I have to disconnect from a game from time to time to not have AAA and drop to A or AA and have better chance to wait less time to get a game. Thats really nonsense.

I'm having a bit of a break from this now although I don't even play that much ..I'm just seeing the same AI goals over and over ..not sure if it's downot to the ball physics or lacking in animation but there is little variation in types of goals

I'm having a bit of a break from this now although I don't even play that much ..I'm just seeing the same AI goals over and over ..not sure if it's downot to the ball physics or lacking in animation but there is little variation in types of goals
I have to disagree with you, the AI against me has scored a wide variety of goals, goal scrambles, variety of long rangers, first timers, crosses, thru balls, the famous low corner shot, and Iv also had players with great ball control, dribble past my defense, only goal/shot I haven't seen is the chip shot and a player dribbling past my keeper, to be honest when the AI scores a similar goal it's after playing quite a lot of matches. The settings I play on is professional and manual shot/passing.

A lot of people are really pissed off over the option files and have had enough of being taken for a mug. . . .personally apart from 'optionfilegate' I think the game is great, scripting will always be there .. . . .we're not playing against a human .it's the A.I. .the peno situation should have been patched. . . I see something different in it everytime I play it and find ML enthralling.

For me, what is as annoying as the option file problem, is the way they completely ignore people who are telling them about it.

Tweet them telling them you got Ronaldo in MyClub or you love messi's hair and they re-tweet it and get it printed on the sides of buses. Tell them that a number of option file makers, of which there is only a handful, have quit the game and that others are because of the relentless night games and you here nothing

It's like they have two hands over their ears and shouting 'lalalalalala not listening to that everything is brilliant'

For me, what is as annoying as the option file problem, is the way they completely ignore people who are telling them about it.

Tweet them telling them you got Ronaldo in MyClub or you love messi's hair and they re-tweet it and get it printed on the sides of buses. Tell them that a number of option file makers, of which there is only a handful, have quit the game and that others are because of the relentless night games and you here nothing

It's like they have two hands over their ears and shouting 'lalalalalala not listening to that everything is brilliant'

Lol. . . yeh you're spot on with that post

Great that you are seeing such variation ..I'm just not ..a lot of goals are from through balls or rebounds off the keeper..I don't think I've ever seen the AI miss hit or slice a shot ..the build up play is very similar and then throw in the constant night matches and the stumbling animation and it all becomes hard work

i have seen some impressive goals from the AI on superstar during my ML but no denying there is a fair few through ball and rebound goals but if i look at the monthly stats in ML the types of goals I have conceded against the AI there is a big variation plenty set pieces, dribble,through balls,cross.other its a real mix

on pes 2016 them stats were usually just through balls everything else 0

Well said. I think they are naturally on the defensive. Most that are tweeting are hardcore fans of the series, and it's tough to get out of the defensive mindset after putting in so much work into it.

spent some time with the tactics

- normaly Atletico goes from blue to green and back
- Barca goes from green to orange

tried to save and load Barca's tactic for Atletico then they played just like Barca
tried to set up manually Barca's tactic and filter out what causes the change, without any luck

came to the conclusion that every team has its on team id set on what range the attack - defensive values are changing

So the only way to get rid of this running in and out position is to copy Barca team id and dont set up the actual team too defensively. eg frontline pressure + fluid formations pretty much the same in all three. but then every team would go from green to orange so the game would lose on its uniqeness.

so in the end its kinda lame tactics wont have affect on attack & defensive levels

I'd say that the game's issues are only really apparent after a sustained period of time.

Still mc'lovin this game. Few issues but phew it plays like no other before. Superb job Konami albeit stil with plenty of fixes needed.

BTW love what they did to the throughball post patch on manual and assisted. A slight touch doesn't go a mile away. Perfect for those sneaky slips through the D line when you are playing possesion style.

Not much to say, other than im still mc'loving this game as well. Just wish I had more time to play it.. soon ill be on break.

Amazing how we all perceive things differently.. I mean all this talk about going back to pes5 and pes6. Like I mentioned before, it doesn't even cross my mind to go back and try pes5 and pes6 .. which is the first time since both games were released. With pes16 I was back to pes5/pes6 within about 2 months... with pes17 there is no more need. Its such a brilliant game (full manual of course), and more than any football game before it, has given me that 'feels like playing real soccer' feeling. When I watch real games on TV, it reminds me of pes17. The great thing is, there are improvements to be made, and hopefully that means Konami keep stepping it up (with hopefully no historic 'few steps back').

In terms of variations, I actually think it got stepped up in the post patch. Im seeing many situations (including AI goals and attacking sequences) that I haven't seen prior. Ive had the computer have 2 players sent off.. ive had a computer attacking playing get a yellow for diving in the box (wtf???), ive had my own player ai making some awesome clearances off the line... there was something else I saw the other day that really surprised me.. so surprising I cannot think of it atm hahaha itll come to me im sure...

.. oops just a quick random thought on pes6.. yes there is something that I really liked and wished could be incorporated in pes17. The grass texture (including turf colour and various shading patterns) from the fantastic stadium creators (eg. nate, maxey) were just amazing. I actually enjoyed playing the pes6 patches with incorporated stadiums, just to see how good the turf and stadiums looked at 1080p. Will I still do that.. not anytime soon. Based on how I feel now, Pes17 will remain in my ps4 until the pes18 demo comes out. Im a happy camper :)

Don't know if youve ever used Anfield Road by KALU on pes6, but damn does it look good.. im particularly referring to the turf colour and pattern...... and the variety: fine, afternoon, overcast, ..the variety is amazing. For me (based on memory, since I haven't played it for a good 6 months), it looks better than the turf on pes2017's Anfield.

Mind you, the turf at "Allianz Parque" on pes17 is pretty damn impressive.. my fav of the lot. What's also more noticeable (and fantastic I must say) on this pitch than any other, is the "lighting"... anyone noticed this?? Im talking about during the day, fine sunny weather. When you are playing at Allianz Parque, and you get a corner on the bottom screen area in the shadows (btw I use dynamic wide 2,10,na).. the lighting changes after the corner kick is made, and the ball reaches the box, ie. from the dark shadows of the sideline, to the well lit sunny part of the field. Im not sure what the effect is actually called, but it looks cool and realistic. Ive seen it when watching real football games on the tv. You have a sunny day, with well lit areas of the pitch and dark shadowy areas. And the camera adjusts to the sudden bright light (when the ball reaches that area of the field) where everything is slightly dimmed/adjusted to make the action clearer.. and when the ball reaches the dark shadows, the lighting automatically adjusts to brighten up the camera. I haven't seen this affect in the other grounds in pes2017...only Allianz Parque..

Don't know if youve ever used Anfield Road by KALU on pes6, but damn does it look good.. im particularly referring to the turf colour and pattern...... and the variety: fine, afternoon, overcast, ..the variety is amazing. For me (based on memory, since I haven't played it for a good 6 months), it looks better than the turf on pes2017's Anfield.

Mind you, the turf at "Allianz Parque" on pes17 is pretty damn impressive.. my fav of the lot. What's also more noticeable (and fantastic I must say) on this pitch than any other, is the "lighting"... anyone noticed this?? Im talking about during the day, fine sunny weather. When you are playing at Allianz Parque, and you get a corner on the bottom screen area in the shadows (btw I use dynamic wide 2,10,na).. the lighting changes after the corner kick is made, and the ball reaches the box, ie. from the dark shadows of the sideline, to the well lit sunny part of the field. Im not sure what the effect is actually called, but it looks cool and realistic. Ive seen it when watching real football games on the tv. You have a sunny day, with well lit areas of the pitch and dark shadowy areas. And the camera adjusts to the sudden bright light (when the ball reaches that area of the field) where everything is slightly dimmed/adjusted to make the action clearer.. and when the ball reaches the dark shadows, the lighting automatically adjusts to brighten up the camera. I haven't seen this affect in the other grounds in pes2017...only Allianz Parque..
Yeah I see this lighting effect in Allianz Park, very nice.
the new stadiums are much more detailed, in all areas.

Its kinda hard but I can get over the fact, that the game is frustrating at times. But what really makes me completely angry and mad is that Ive spent last 59 minutes trying to get a fucking Divisions manual game. 59 minutes! And I have connection and level filters turned off the whole time. Dont tell me that in the last hour NOBODY wanted to play a manual game?!?

Ive spent last 59 minutes trying to get a fucking Divisions manual game. 59 minutes! And I have connection and level filters turned off the whole time. Dont tell me that in the last hour NOBODY wanted to play a manual game?!?
The vast majority who buy the game never even venture into the settings menu, let alone realise there's a manual option. I find it amazing that people ever get manual games at all (especially when you consider that the userbase is something like 10% of the size of FIFA's)! Hence why I wish there was no such thing as "fully-assisted" controls, in any football games - semi-manual and manual, that's all we need.

Stop mollycoddling people, or at the very least, make that middle-point the default. Then, if it's too tough for anyone, they can change their control settings back (and be matched against each other)... But I doubt many would (PES seems to prove this, given that the default setting isn't the most assisted, and everyone I play against uses those unaltered settings).

Its kinda hard but I can get over the fact, that the game is frustrating at times. But what really makes me completely angry and mad is that Ive spent last 59 minutes trying to get a fucking Divisions manual game. 59 minutes! And I have connection and level filters turned off the whole time. Dont tell me that in the last hour NOBODY wanted to play a manual game?!?

This seems so weird, sure I don't play during day time (where are u based? I'm i Sweden btw)) cos I'm at work so I can't say anything about that but during evenings (around 19-23) and weekends I never have any trouble finding opponents who play manual passing. At most I have to wait 5-10 min between matches. I have it set to lvl 3 connection as well.

I wanna stress that I don't say your experience isn't true but I just have such a differen't one...

Im from Slovakia. I actually dont have so much problems in the afternoon or evening, same as you I usually get a game in 5 or 10 minutes, but sometimes its like today when I have to wait half an hour or hour. Its weird.

Im from Slovakia. I actually dont have so much problems in the afternoon or evening, same as you I usually get a game in 5 or 10 minutes, but sometimes its like today when I have to wait half an hour or hour. Its weird.

Yeah ok, well then I guess it's just the fact that the manual community is quite small and most people are in school or at work during the day.

My biggest gripe about PES in recent years is the pure lack of goal variety. Scoring is just so stale and automated.
Honeymon period is most definitely over so I gave FIFA17 a go and my god is it more fun to score! Having the ability to modify your pass/shot type and having control over when and how to shield the ball is so refreshing.
I am producing some really authentic looking goals
The only aspect I am missing from PES is the close control and quick change of direction to get past opposing players

Re Tanvir & Bhatti, I've had to bite my tongue on numerous occassions so as I don't get blocked. I even had to apologise as Asim took offence to a genuinley innocent comment I made (that took some doing I'll tell you)
I don't doubt they get a lot of shit fired their way but if you take the salary you just need to take the hassle, smile and get on with it. I certainly wouldn't get away with talking to customers the way these 2 do.

Back
Top Bottom