PES 2017 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

i havent tried this but before the DP is installed, theres a "back up edit data file" created, if you deleted the edit data file, it should use the back up edit file and all problems with the mess should be solved shouldnt it?

Has anyone noticed since update - in the bottom left hand corner of screen when playing a match - something that looks like a diagonal black line? About 2 inches long?

I'm on PS4 pro

I'm on pro and don't see it. Can you provide a screenshot?

Last edited:
I've just listed this game for sale. It was a tough call but I can't be doing with it anymore.

It looks lovely, it feels decent, and the variety in play is well put together. But the AI just doesn't attack and score nearly enough on anything below superstar. I don't get any fouls or penalties to speak of despite being hacked to near-death. The refs are useless yet again. Player switching is outright broken. Online is unreliable at best. But the clincher was Konami totally screwing my option file after the recent update. I'm not spending more hours trying to put things right - I've got a busy job and a family. Gone are the days of being able to waste countless hours gaming.

Bye bye PES. You flirted, I fell for you, then you cheated on me.

I have since had a few blasts on PES 6 again and my word, it's still so much fun. Certainly dated and inferior in many ways, but it feels superb 11 years on.

I am also pretty tempted to put the game on ebay.

Only mode i play , ML, is broken beyond repair, too few stadia, night games, real bad market transfers, 0 stadium atmosphere and i just don't feel player individuality like in the old days even if i tried all sort of combination. Even on manual sometimes shooting or passing is on the rail.

I think it's the best off the ball soccer game i have ever played, players moves are brilliant, but it's just no fun in the long term.

I really don't get why the pay people to listen to the community, I checked italian, spanish, english fora and everyone is complaining about night games, poor lighting, poor pitches and transfer market.

Can't be so complicated to report it to the programmers.

So i'll wait a couple of weeks, if they don't fix a few things i'll just put it on ebay and buy NBA 2k.

Trouble with Pro Evo is that it requires so much effort to get the game looking and feeling playable that it’s a kick in the balls when the data packs come out and ruin all the work that’s been done.
After the DP2 all the custom tactics have gone, leagues are mucked up and fake players are back to name a few issues.
Do Konami really think we have the time to sit here and piss ball around with a game every few weeks?
Ive never known another game that requires so much work pre-playing. It’s a joke.

I too may sell this game. Its getting on my nerves now. I'm not 21 anymore with all the time in world to piss about.

ive figured out the goal net situation with signal iduna and anfield. if you play as dortmund and select "home ground" then signal iduna has the proper yellow/black striped goal nets. otherwise choosing "signal iduna" simply will have white nets. same goes for liverpool although they have got it wrong with "home ground" having the outdated red nets whereas selecting anfield will have the correct plain white nets

@P34SEMM:
Some pro user I know had a similar problem. White line about 4 cm long top right corner. It vanished when he updated the firmware... or did he just wait it out?! I don't know exactly what he did but it was gone a little later.
But it isnt a hardware defect, must be Software.

@P34SEMM:
Some pro user I know had a similar problem. White line about 4 cm long top right corner. It vanished when he updated the firmware... or did he just wait it out?! I don't know exactly what he did but it was gone a little later.
But it isnt a hardware defect, must be Software.

This was a black line in bottom left.
About 2 inches long and straight.

My copy just sold online. So pleased to get this deceptive football clone out of my library for good.

Today I played a couple more games of PES 6 and it's just so much fun and challenging by comparison. It looks awful of course, but I don't care.

Jeez Eric you must be a hell of a player.

I know ML becomes easier as your players develop and chemistry gets higher (maybe my club too) but I never thought it would be that easy. I don't know what he means by exhibition matches though. Exhibition matches and other games modes like regular league and cups are not that easy and very challenging for manual players, even on regular

I know ML becomes easier as your players develop and chemistry gets higher (maybe my club too) but I never thought it would be that easy. I don't know what he means by exhibition matches though. Exhibition matches and other games modes like regular league and cups are not that easy and very challenging for manual players, even on regular

Are you finding it easy as well whkalil? I'm on Top player and some matches can be hard . .I'd hate to get to the stage of no challenge. . where do you go from there?

So the honeymoon lasted for approximately 2 and 1/2 months. Why do you keep funding this product?

Next year I won't be until at least Xmas. I want to be sure that the rubbish has been dealt with before I prop up Konami for another year.

It's really sad. FIFA is falling away and they need a strong opposition to spur them on. As long as Konami give us awful online experiences, option file corrupting updates, insulting commentary, and tepid AI then EA can just bank the cash every year without even trying.

I've just listed this game for sale. It was a tough call but I can't be doing with it anymore.

It looks lovely, it feels decent, and the variety in play is well put together. But the AI just doesn't attack and score nearly enough on anything below superstar. I don't get any fouls or penalties to speak of despite being hacked to near-death. The refs are useless yet again. Player switching is outright broken. Online is unreliable at best. But the clincher was Konami totally screwing my option file after the recent update. I'm not spending more hours trying to put things right - I've got a busy job and a family. Gone are the days of being able to waste countless hours gaming.

Bye bye PES. You flirted, I fell for you, then you cheated on me.

I have since had a few blasts on PES 6 again and my word, it's still so much fun. Certainly dated and inferior in many ways, but it feels superb 11 years on.

I don't understand why people complain about AI not attacking enough. Why don't you just play Superstar instead of playing below that, I never find any joy in lower difficulties, part of me feels insulted. The other part is just that I played football games my whole life. So I'm used to it. It's much more challenging.

By the way, I haven't enjoyed a PES game for so long till this year's version. I don't know if you're new to this but I would have been much more frustrated if I was playing the last 10 versions of PES. They for once listened, it is a very solid game. Just a couple of changes and I would be very happy. It's already better than FIFA, I think even if PES had the best football game ever, people will still play FIFA. It's just the way it is. As for online, the only problem I have is finding opponents, otherwise I don't get much lag in most of my games. Maybe I'm lucky.

Last edited:
I don't understand why people complain about AI not attacking enough. Why don't you just play Superstar instead of playing below that, I never find any joy in lower difficulties, part of me feels insulted. The other part is just that I played football games my whole life. So I'm used to it. It's much more challenging.

By the way, I haven't enjoyed a PES game for so long till this year's version. I don't know if you're new to this but I would have been much more frustrated if I was playing the last 10 versions of PES. They for once listened, it is a very solid game. Just a couple of changes and I would be very happy. It's already better than FIFA, I think even if PES had the best football game ever, people will still play FIFA. It's just the way it is. As for online, the only problem I have is finding opponents, otherwise I don't get much lag in most of my games. Maybe I'm lucky.

Because superstar is just a ping pong fest and completely removed from real football. If challenging AI really amounts to laser guided first time passing >90% of the time then I'm out. That's without mentioning the terrible ref AI, player switching, and updates that ruin option files.

I want to adore this game but I just don't. I still adore 5 and 6 and they still haven't been bettered to me.

I also sold the game, bought FIFA, played it for a couple of days, sold it and bought PES again :D PES is just so much better in gameplay, FIFA isnt going the right direction where it headed between the years (aproximatelly) 2008-2012. Yes, PES is extremely frustrating sometimes, but you can say this about every sports game. On full manual its pure joy to play it (online) most of the time. This doesnt change that Im really upset and angry about Konami not doing right the "little" things (problems with OF, bad matchmaking, only 10 replays you can save, only 3 custom tactics you can save, no team strenght filter in Divisions etc.). This game could be so much better off the field.

And yes, PES6 was on awesome game, but that was 10 or so years ago. Today it looks and plays awful (tried it) comparing to PES 2017. You simply cant stop time and 10 years in gaming are so much... People just tend to idealise what was and criticise what is.

Because superstar is just a ping pong fest and completely removed from real football. If challenging AI really amounts to laser guided first time passing >90% of the time then I'm out.
Completely agree with this, 100%. I can't play on Superstar. You're totally right.

PES6 was on awesome game, but that was 10 or so years ago. Today it looks and plays awful (tried it) comparing to PES 2017. You simply cant stop time and 10 years in gaming are so much... People just tend to idealise what was and criticise what is.
Also completely agree with this, so much. I know they were great games at the time - and I still love PES 2013, it feels like the attributes matter a little bit more - but there's no way I'd say any of the classics are a better game, or anything close, compared to what 2017 has.

My frustration is that it almost feels like a fucking accident, given that Konami don't listen, and that it's always one step forward and two steps back (thanks again for making unnecessary work for your community with DP2, guys).

I can't believe people still go on about pes6 ..this destroys it on the field . .Konami do make a rod for their own back though with some crazy lockdown decisions but still..currently I'm enjoying random cup games top player full manual ..also online is enjoyable

PES wasn't even good when it was just published. I was here and most people thought it was a big step down from PES5. PES2017 is much better than PES6.

I'm getting tired of all these people who complain about red nets or white nets...these are minor issues.

I know there are more important issues, but the Asims and the Bhatti's of this world get hunderds of 'red net'-tweets for every tweet about a serious issue. Every single one of us would be fed up with the so-called community if they had to read for one single day the moronic messages they get from all over the world.

The problem is that Konami listens too much to the so-called community...f*ck the community!

before the internet there was no community and they made the game how they wanted.

now they have listened to the so called experts and it isn't the same!

PES wasn't even good when it was just published. I was here and most people thought it was a big step down from PES5. PES2017 is much better than PES6.

I'm getting tired of all these people who complain about red nets or white nets...these are minor issues.

I know there are more important issues, but the Asims and the Bhatti's of this world get hunderds of 'red net'-tweets for every tweet about a serious issue. Every single one of us would be fed up with the so-called community if they had to read for one single day the moronic messages they get from all over the world.

The problem is that Konami listens too much to the so-called community...f*ck the community!

+1000

I can't believe people still go on about pes6 ..this destroys it on the field . .Konami do make a rod for their own back though with some crazy lockdown decisions but still..currently I'm enjoying random cup games top player full manual ..also online is enjoyable

Agree. Apart from the shooting I feel this is the best PES on the field. I think the shooting feels much better in PES 3-6 though.

Last edited:
Are you finding it easy as well whkalil? I'm on Top player and some matches can be hard . .I'd hate to get to the stage of no challenge. . where do you go from there?
Not at all on. I haven't played ML this year but in previous years it wasn't that challenging as team and players develop. I don't find easy in other modes I have been playing this year

Back
Top Bottom