PES 2017 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

I think there are online petition sites like ipetition.com. I like the game a lot but I feel sorry for those we spent time on creating Options files where an update simply overwrites. This game thrives on the efforts of its community, the fans who creates kits and edits for everyone else to use. Konami should respect that.

RE: Latest PES update

Hello all

I am from PES gaming and trying to get all community together all forums.

can you all tweet asim and official PES twitter accounts @AsimTanvir @officialpes and say how unhappy you are about updates always harming our edits?

There are people on PES gaming, Cristiano, Chris Davies plus many more who spent days and weeks editing PES 2017 only for this update to ruin everything!

Let's unite and tell Konami and Asim that enough is enough, we won't stand for this any longer.

Please help fellow PES lovers.

they haven't fixed it in 10 years they won't bother with it this year

Just sent them this

@AsimTanvir @officialpes 1/2 you need to take notice of how the update has gone down in the community. It's undone option file makers work

@AsimTanvir @officialpes 2/2 some don't know if they will continue after repeatedly losing their work. Without them, pes is in trouble
Thank you!

Anyone who's looking for a PS4 DP2-compatible option file, or has previously downloaded the stuff I've done:
Chris's Best Of Everything (BOE) Option File is now available in DP2 flavour.

Anyone who isn't - carry on!

(In seriousness, another tweet to Konami etc. saying something along the lines of "please make the developers aware that DP2 broke a lot of their hard work" is another 0.1% chance that they'll take notice. So thank you, everyone who tweets them.)

Anyone who's looking for a PS4 DP2-compatible option file, or has previously downloaded the stuff I've done:
Chris's Best Of Everything (BOE) Option File is now available in DP2 flavour.

Anyone who isn't - carry on!

(In seriousness, another tweet to Konami etc. saying something along the lines of "please make the developers aware that DP2 broke a lot of their hard work" is another 0.1% chance that they'll take notice. So thank you, everyone who tweets them.)

awesome mate, thanks alot

Last edited:
Oh man, if you get used to manual shooting and at least a little good at it, it feels so bad to play with basic again. Its just like flipping a coin - will the game let me score or my best player (who is in ideal position) will kick the ball from the rebound into the GK instead of the totally open net? Cant believe how much difference it can make.

I mean, there is still a luck, stats and other things factor on manual shooting, but it just feels so much better and "natural".

Have you mastered R2- shooting with Manual? I have played manual shooting for a couple of years now but this year it's impossible (for me at least) to get R2- shooting on goal, I have tried A LOT i training mode just to get it right but it does'nt seem to work.

I have switched to basic shooting and I like the fact that I feel that players stats and traits (like Long range shooting) seem to matter more. On Manual shooting I could blast incredible long rangers with Glenn Whelan...

Agreed with the above. I have been trying all sorts of combination but i feel that this year player stats do not matter as much as in previous games.

Also R2 ends up with some silly soft balls.

Off the ball moves are brilliant in this game but i wish they would go back to the old school stats based approach without all this options which at the end of the day don't seem to work very well or consistently.

Anyway, I NEED A DAY/NIGHT SELECTOR.

Getting tired of Konami, might just buy NBA2k for the 5th year in a row and abandon pes.

Asim and official PES hasn't got back to me. Anyone else?

Lots of people seem to have tweeted them thank you.

But it seems if I am not praising PES 2017 then the Konami managers don't want to know.

I have bought every PES every year. And they treat us like this.

I am sick and and tired of the amateurs in charge at that company who are probably one of the worst around now.

Anyone follow jim sterling on YouTube? Konami banned him from reviewing their games because he says it how it is.

Konami, Adam battih and Asim tanvir want everyone to praise them and say how amazing it is we get Anfield even though the pitch textures are ugly and unrealistic. Tell them about the editing problems? They don't care.

I honestly don't know how they still get us all buying their game every year. We are all mugs.

Lots of people seem to have tweeted them thank you.

But it seems if I am not praising PES 2017 then the Konami managers don't want to know.
This is the problem I have.

I truly think the game is the best PES ever - I certainly wouldn't be working on patches and things if it was to the standard of the last few games. It's a brilliant game - to the point where I'm even addicted to playing it online (which never happens to me).

But it seems to me that their community guys only exist to sell the game, and they view their community as potential salespeople. They don't respond to anything else.

"You're going to make option files and make everything look authentic, make the game more appealing, tell your friends? Great! An update has messed something up? Not our fault, either we'll ignore you, or we'll give you a copy-and-pasted 'we're listening'! Still telling us about it? Well STOP, other people will see it and you're going to cost us sales, you idiot! Now you're getting annoyed about it?! BLOCKED! Thanks for your $$$!"

I can't deny that this year's game is excellent, but to say Konami are frustrating is an understatement of epic proportions. People know it, too - you don't see the names of specific EA employees in the comments sections of FIFA articles, for example. Yet with PES, you usually get at least one guy saying he wanted to complain about something and got blocked. That's not healthy, is it?

This is the problem I have.

I truly think the game is the best PES ever - I certainly wouldn't be working on patches and things if it was to the standard of the last few games. It's a brilliant game - to the point where I'm even addicted to playing it online (which never happens to me).

But it seems to me that their community guys only exist to sell the game, and they view their community as potential salespeople. They don't respond to anything else.

"You're going to make option files and make everything look authentic, make the game more appealing, tell your friends? Great! An update has messed something up? Not our fault, either we'll ignore you, or we'll give you a copy-and-pasted 'we're listening'! Still telling us about it? Well STOP, other people will see it and you're going to cost us sales, you idiot! Now you're getting annoyed about it?! BLOCKED! Thanks for your money!"

I can't deny that this year's game is excellent, but to say Konami are frustrating is an understatement of epic proportions. People know it, too - you don't see the names of specific EA employees in the comments sections of FIFA articles, for example. Yet with PES, you usually get at least one guy saying he wanted to complain about something and got blocked. That's not healthy, is it?

Well said Chris. . ..shocking treatment of the Pes community especially the guys like yourself who have put in a hell of a lot of work, effort and dedication to make the game more enjoyable for everybody .. . .I haven't played the game much since . . has turned me off the game.

Hey guys, just my 2 cents here...

This recent update screwing up edit data was just a needless kick in the balls for a lot of people and personally I don't have the enthusiasm to go back into it all and fix the mess. Though looking through social media I fear I'm out of touch now on the target audience, it's all about MyClub, faces and legends/content locked behind a particular game mode. There is no real care anymore for the 'traditional' Pro Evo fanbase.

But that's fine I guess, if the company wants to go down that route it's their choice and it's my choice as a consumer if I want to continue purchasing annually a product. The thing with Pro Evo (PES or whatever you call it) is that it gets into your soul and you hate it and love it at the same time, so as disillusioned as I am with the current product I still care for it's future. That's my big worry judging by the social media examples out there. In every popular game you get 'fanboys' praising anything as "best thing ever" no matter how bad it gets, and you get those who criticise just for the sake of it. A game will grow if the feedback is taken from the customers who sit in the middle of the two extremes. As it stands I feel like Konami are only really taking feedback on the positives, retweeting and replying to people who's accounts are purely set up to praise a game. Whereas people with genuine feedback and concerns are ignored then blocked. It's not healthy.

There is a risk of killing the community, just look at Winning Eleven Blogs forums. No matter how good the slogans, or the faces, or the feel of the game, if you lose the community and the people who dedicate unbelievable amounts of unpaid time into the product to make the game more complete, then you lose the game in the long term. Everyone loves a compliment, but you have to acknowledge your short-comings too.

Wait, can't you just reapply the option file in one go and everything will be ok?
No, a Live Update is forced upon you with DP2 and it wrecks the Brazilian league (some teams have become unlicensed), deletes 2,000 free agents (nothing you can do to fix that) and creates a few dupes.

Back in the day when I was hammering PES 4 and 5, all day and all of the night in the bedroom, I never needed option files. Didn't have access to them on my PS2 and I didn't care. Why does it matter so much now? What happened?:CONF:

No, a Live Update is forced upon you with DP2 and it wrecks the Brazilian league (some teams have become unlicensed), deletes 2,000 free agents (nothing you can do to fix that) and creates a few dupes.
It's not a Live Update, it's an updated database as in past years.

Back in the day when I was hammering PES 4 and 5, all day and all of the night in the bedroom, I never needed option files. Didn't have access to them on my PS2 and I didn't care. Why does it matter so much now? What happened?:CONF:
Well you don't need them, obviously, but if you're happy playing against Merseyside Blue in the league and MD White in the Champions League, we are very different people!

More to the point, with PS1-PS2 graphics, kits and things didn't really matter - a plain white shirt wasn't the worst thing in the world. With 1080p-4K graphics, it just looks... Weird.

We're lucky to be able to import option files at all, but the frustration is, this data-wipe could be avoided if they listened, and if they cared. It's just gutting that they don't.

To be fair, it'd be easier if they'd given each team in the Spanish League a name anywhere near as creative as Merseyblue Blue. AN RED WHITE, NC RED, AN WHITE RED, it all gets quite confusing quite quickly.

Kits, I'm less bothered about.

I don't mind it, though. It gives me a chance to take a break and play something else for a while (Fallout 4).

Last edited:

So it the update affected mainly the Brazilian league? Yesterday, a I "re-applied" a bundesliga patch which included kits, updated teams, team faces etc.. Then went back and reset the faces for new players that came in the DP (Dortmund, Leverkusen etc.) it didn't take long

im not making another update if my file doesn't upload properly again after update, my time is important and im not getting paid for my work so konami can get in the sea

Goalgerd I used your option files and enjoyed them. . .don't feel that your work is not appreciated .. it most certainly is . .and I feel your frustration at the ineptitude of Konami in all of this. . .keep up the good work .. . it will be to konami's detriment if they walk away from this and think that it will be accepted .. it won't. I'm a Pes head since ISS from 1998 onwards and I'm strongly thinking of packing it in.

Goalgerd I used your option files and enjoyed them. . .don't feel that your work is not appreciated .. it most certainly is . .and I feel your frustration at the ineptitude of Konami in all of this. . .keep up the good work .. . it will be to konami's detriment if they walk away from this and think that it will be accepted .. it won't. I'm a Pes head since ISS from 1998 onwards and I'm strongly thinking of packing it in.

I bought this year's game when it come out and loved it. The patches have taken the game backwards imho. It went from midfield battles to me having them pressed back into their half

I have twice installed option files for them to be broken by konami updates this year and I'm not starting a master league until the ps4 pro patch is out as it well no doubt change stuff again

I have just got about 5 new games and all play brilliantly out of the box and are complete. When i go back to pes i am reminded that I'm still waiting, months after buying it, to actually start playing it properly. No other game or company gets away with this. No one changes the game play without notice and removes the work out relies on others to do

Last edited:
I bought this year's game when it come out and loved it. The patches have taken the have backwards imho. It went from midfield battles to me having them pressed back into their half

I have twice installed option files for them to be broken by konami updates this year and I'm not starting a master league until the ps4 pro patch is out as it well no doubt change stuff again

I have just got about 5 new games and all play brilliantly out of the box and are complete. When i go back to pes i am reminded that I'm still waiting, months after buying it, to actually start playing it properly. No other game or company gets away with this. No one changes the game play without notice and removes the work out relies on others to do

You're perfectly right Chimps .. they're getting away with murder for years .. what would happen if the guys who make the option files decided not to do it anymore? To throw it back in their faces is absolutely shocking. . . I think we're getting to a point where online is all that they will bother with in the next couple of editions. . . the people supposedly representing the community seem to be only interested in their own 'careers' if you can call it that. . . Pes looked like it was upping it's game to compete with F*** and listening to the old Pes diehards. . .. but after this episode it doesn't look that way.

Has anyone noticed since update - in the bottom left hand corner of screen when playing a match - something that looks like a diagonal black line? About 2 inches long?

I'm on PS4 pro

Back
Top Bottom