PES 2017 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

I wonder whether there has been any game changes after the last update, anyone notices anything?? I feel there is more CPU pressure that forces you to build up your game play, also passing and response have been altered a bit. Players feel a bit heavier...

I still cant seem to get away from anyone.

Plus in ML - I dominate the games but then they break and score in last 5 nearly every game.

And yes, PES6 was on awesome game, but that was 10 or so years ago. Today it looks and plays awful (tried it) comparing to PES 2017. You simply cant stop time and 10 years in gaming are so much... People just tend to idealise what was and criticise what is.

Come now. 6 certainly looks awful by today's standards, but it doesn't play awful. I'm not idealising the past but there's no doubt that the ebb and flow of 6 is much more fun to me than all of the components of 2017. The shooting for a start feels so much better and the AI definitely attacks more aggressively too. 2017 is the better package I suppose but I'm having more fun with 6. There's a reason 6 is still heavily modded and supported after all this time. It's a classic. Not all current-gen versions are better than the older titles in my opinion (Street Fighter 5, Final Fantasy, Tomb Raider, FIFA, Call of Duty to an extent) whilst others definitely are (Doom, Uncharted etc).

I also sold the game, bought FIFA, played it for a couple of days, sold it and bought PES again :D PES is just so much better in gameplay, FIFA isnt going the right direction where it headed between the years (aproximatelly) 2008-2012. Yes, PES is extremely frustrating sometimes, but you can say this about every sports game. On full manual its pure joy to play it (online) most of the time. This doesnt change that Im really upset and angry about Konami not doing right the "little" things (problems with OF, bad matchmaking, only 10 replays you can save, only 3 custom tactics you can save, no team strenght filter in Divisions etc.). This game could be so much better off the field.

And yes, PES6 was on awesome game, but that was 10 or so years ago. Today it looks and plays awful (tried it) comparing to PES 2017. You simply cant stop time and 10 years in gaming are so much... People just tend to idealise what was and criticise what is.
That sums it up. No matter what fifa provides in terms of visuals, stadiums, licences, there is always something special about PES despite all the work it requires to make it a proper game. I have done this mistake in the past with trying Fifa but it just doesn't last that long on my shelf

Last edited:
Come now. 6 certainly looks awful by today's standards, but it doesn't play awful. I'm not idealising the past but there's no doubt that the ebb and flow of 6 is much more fun to me than all of the components of 2017. The shooting for a start feels so much better and the AI definitely attacks more aggressively too. 2017 is the better package I suppose but I'm having more fun with 6. There's a reason 6 is still heavily modded and supported after all this time. It's a classic. Not all current-gen versions are better than the older titles in my opinion (Street Fighter 5, Final Fantasy, Tomb Raider, FIFA, Call of Duty to an extent) whilst others definitely are (Doom, Uncharted etc).

For starters PES 5 > PES 6. I play superstar on PES 2017, the AI does more things than what PES 6 do.

I don't understand why people still play PES and not PES5 or PES4. Those games were much, much better...
Could be that there were more teams in PES6 (i honestly don't remember), but gameplaywise PES5 and PES4 were far superior to PES6. At the time the game got slaughtered here and even got lesser reviews for the first time.

After another 4 night games in a row i put the game on ebay and meanwhile bought nba2k.

I had a couple of months of fun, but without a few tweaks i couldn't see me playing it any longer. Also after patch 1 i found the game way too eay, before the patch AI on max difficulty was a bitch, after patch 1 i dominate most games on full manual and hardly concede any goals.

But lack od day and night selector, boring master league, poor lighting and colous palette and a step back in player individuality are just killing my joy right now.

I still think konami is on the right path, i hadn't played a pes game since pes 2011 and if properly managed this game is gonna give us a few years of great gaming on ps4.

I tweeted asim, adam and pes official this morning asking how if someone tweets something positive they are all over it. But tweets about option file makers packing in as they are sick of updates ruining their work gets no response.

I am yet to have a response and don't expect one.

This should be a massive red flag to them, but it doesn't appear to be sinking in. It will do when they release a version with option file support and no one makes the files

After another 4 night games in a row i put the game on ebay and meanwhile bought nba2k.

I had a couple of months of fun, but without a few tweaks i couldn't see me playing it any longer. Also after patch 1 i found the game way too eay, before the patch AI on max difficulty was a bitch, after patch 1 i dominate most games on full manual and hardly concede any goals.

But lack od day and night selector, boring master league, poor lighting and colous palette and a step back in player individuality are just killing my joy right now.

I still think konami is on the right path, i hadn't played a pes game since pes 2011 and if properly managed this game is gonna give us a few years of great gaming on ps4.

For me, the AI is pressing or pressuring me more often than before the patch. So if anything it is better or harder than before. That's my experience so far.

For me, the AI is pressing or pressuring me more often than before the patch. So if anything it is better or harder than before. That's my experience so far.
This is what I think too. I have played tons of games after the patch and every game the CPU doesn't give much space like before, even on regular difficulty. I am sure they tweaked the power gauge too, is not as smooth as it used to be before the update

Haven't tried the game yet since the latest patch as I haven't been near my PS4 since the update. Does anybody know if it is possible to uninstall the game and then install it without the latest patch?

Haven't tried the game yet since the latest patch as I haven't been near my PS4 since the update. Does anybody know if it is possible to uninstall the game and then install it without the latest patch?

I don't own a PS4 but if you disconnected from the internet would that work?

PES wasn't even good when it was just published. I was here and most people thought it was a big step down from PES5. PES2017 is much better than PES6.

I'm getting tired of all these people who complain about red nets or white nets...these are minor issues.

I know there are more important issues, but the Asims and the Bhatti's of this world get hunderds of 'red net'-tweets for every tweet about a serious issue. Every single one of us would be fed up with the so-called community if they had to read for one single day the moronic messages they get from all over the world.

The problem is that Konami listens too much to the so-called community...f*ck the community!

That's.... not how it works, gerd.

If you take up a community manager position, it is your duty to look after the community, not block them off. The community will include all kinds of people, and such a manager will have to put up with that. If they can't deal with it then they're not the right people for the job.

From what I recall you work with your local community, and I'm sure you see people who appreciate your work, and some who don't. It comes with the package and you can't stop it. Even the ones who appreciate might have suggestions, even though many of these suggestions might sound silly or unnecessary, but some are really good and helpful. You deal with the community, you're dealing with all kinds of people, you take the bad with the good. It's just part of the deal. If you can't handle that, then you aren't fit for it.

think the community positions are just really poor in their feedback skills. Last year for instance there was fundamental issues that were denied on twitter and then to the point of blocking customers which is borderline insane from a business POV. in any industry that involves communicating with people you must be open and honest. Ithe would be good to see them issue a feedback list with priorities for next year so we can see what the plan on working on and if there is something the don't want to or can't fix/change that lots people are feeding back about just say so.

I can see your point Lami.
Yes i work in the local community.
It is my job to listen to everybody. But if people are telling lies or complaining about minor issues i just tell them that they are unreasonable (well, first i try to explain them that there are more important things).

The difference between me and the Konami people is that i'm dealing with 50 people at a time while they are dealing with thousands of them. Believe if i say i wouldn't want to have to deal with some of the reactions Asim and Bhatti get.

IMO Bhatti has had a very positive influence on PES. He was lousy community manager and so is Asim, because both of them are fans of the franchise. What you need in that position is a professional with enough distance to manage the reactions. Both Bhatti and Asim are too emotional involved to be a good community manager.

But the people who give feedback are largely to blame aswell...90% of the negative reactions are laughable to be honest, even if some of their negative feedback is justified. It's also the way they express themselves...some of it are without any respect. I don't think one should discuss with people who don't respect you as a human being. I never do that in my job, never...

I remember some reactions here when PES started to go downhill in the PS3 era. There was literally somebody here who wished that Seabass would die...he wasn't even cautioned for it...people like that should be banned from forums. I'm higlighting one very exagerated reaction, but that was not the only one.

I remeber that at that time i had one almighty row with some people here. I sort of overreacted too, but to me "discussing" like that is totally unacceptable. From those days i have the reputation to be a very big PES fanboy (i hate that word). I like to think that i'm not. But at that time anybody who wasn't totally against Konami, PES and it's devlopment team was considered a total retard and an idiot. Well, then i will always choose the side of the total retards and the idiots.

Can anyone explain to me why PES nowadays doesn't have the same stats as the old versions ps2 era? Some like Aggression, shooting technique, teamwork, response, mentality, technique, etc. those brought individuality in a big way. Made the games special. I hope they bring back those for next year, hopefully it's in everyone's feedback.

No, I don't believe it is possible, tbh! If you uninstall the game I'm almost certain a reinstall has all updates automatically included.

think the community positions are just really poor in their feedback skills. Last year for instance there was fundamental issues that were denied on twitter and then to the point of blocking customers which is borderline insane from a business POV. in any industry that involves communicating with people you must be open and honest. Ithe would be good to see them issue a feedback list with priorities for next year so we can see what the plan on working on and if there is something the don't want to or can't fix/change that lots people are feeding back about just say so.

They don't seem to handle themselves very well. However, I don't think marketing folks like Adam et al. have very much influence on the development of the game at all. They may come across like they are intimately involved in the creation process but when reading between the lines I think they are pretty much in the dark about game updates and the future of the IP most of the time.

Last edited:
They don't seem to handle themselves very well. However, I don't think marketing folks like Adam et al. have very much influence on the development of the game at all. They may come across like they are intimately involved in the creation process but when reading between the lines I think they are pretty much in the dark about game updates and the future of the IP most of the time.
my thoughts too, i think they have very limited input to the game itself and how it plays after all they aren't coders or game developers as far as i know. They are there to try and sell it. I remember David Rutter with FIFA now he knew how to promote a game

my thoughts too, i think they have very limited input to the game itself and how it plays after all they aren't coders or game developers as far as i know. They are there to try and sell it. I remember David Rutter with FIFA now he knew how to promote a game

Are they not there as a go between with the company and the community? If they are they only perform their 'duty' when it suits them and when only positive things are said.

I have tweeted a few times over the last few days about option file makers packing in and no response.

The last one followed them all congratulating themselves about the Barcelona players in my club.

They probably won't have the licence for Barcelona next year and all the kids who they are selling them to will be furious. They also may not have people making the their game with buying with kits

I have tweeted a few times over the last few days about option file makers packing in and no response.

The last one followed them all congratulating themselves about the Barcelona players in my club.

They probably won't have the licence for Barcelona next year and all the kids who they are selling them to will be furious. They also may not have people making the their game with buying with kits

Yet, according to Keighley, Konami allegedly treated Kojima worse than we thought, stating, "The fact that he finished that game under those circumstances is just amazing. He was locked in a separate room on a different floor than his development team for the final six months of development. He couldn't even talk to them – he had to talk through someone else. That's how that game was finished."

And you expect them to treat you well? You didn't even make Metal Gear Solid!

Back
Top Bottom