PES 2017 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

I got to say I was pleasantly surprised when trying out Basic shooting, players individuality seems to shine through more. Since Konami never explains anything this is my take on shooting.

Basic shooting - takes in to account players stats the most, which means you have less control yourself when shooting since it depends on the players abilities. Wrong foot/body positioning etc also important.

Advanced shooting - Like above but slightly less influence from player stats and a little bit more user input.

Manual - No influence from stats (or at least very little since L2- shooting MIGHT be "real" manual shooting...?) but wrong foot, body positioning etc still influential.

How things like "Long Range Drive" as special ability influence these three though is another question, it should matter more when using Basic shooting right?

Ah, whatever, maybe someone have a better feeling for this and would like to share? :)

is the ps4 pro 4k update allready there..?? me and my pro are waiting... :)
Not yet, it's been delayed until December.

Wow faces.... yay! No Co-Op online 2v2 mode still?...
What do you care, Deeney's got a new face!

Cx8MkrCW8AArNd4.jpg

:LOL:

Christ, this game in Superstar. Dinamo Zagreb just played like the 2011 Barcelona side.

Won my first 3 matches and now I can't get near the CPU.

After 4 seasons with this game,I've come to some conclusion.
Mainly played Top player manual shooting/passing and 20 minute games on -1.

Been trying some other settings my current season.
Proffesional 20 min manual pass basic shooting
That has been by far,the most challenging level
Yeah right,manual is tougher!
Nope,not in my opinion.
Here's why
Proffesional difficulty
It's not just the CPU that is "less good",your players are toned down,they are a bit less responsive compared to TP and SS.
The difference between CPUs skill on P and TP are not that big,but the difference between how your players play/act/react is greater.
Therefore it makes it hard.
Basic shooting
Basic shooting reflects on how good your shooting stats are,and they do it very well to.
So having basic shooting,plus what I stated above,this makes for a very tough challenge.
If you throw in PA1-3, I'm not shure how it plays,haven't tried that.
Manual passing is tough as it is.

I've been playing the same game 6 times today,just to see the difference
Milan vs Fiorentina ML season 4 game 11
Proffesional

1-0
1-1
1-1
Shooting stats
17(6)-4(3)
14(5)-7(5)
16(7)-8(5)
Top Player
1-0
1-2
2-0
Shooting stats
9(5)-6(3)
12(8)-7(3)
11(7) 9(6)

A hell of a lot more shots on goal on top player than Proffesional.
You may take it or leave it,just a reflection on the game from me.
I've had my ups and downs with this one,but still love it and play it every day

After 4 seasons with this game,I've come to some conclusion.
Mainly played Top player manual shooting/passing and 20 minute games on -1.

Been trying some other settings my current season.
Proffesional 20 min manual pass basic shooting
That has been by far,the most challenging level
Yeah right,manual is tougher!
Nope,not in my opinion.
Here's why
Proffesional difficulty
It's not just the CPU that is "less good",your players are toned down,they are a bit less responsive compared to TP and SS.
The difference between CPUs skill on P and TP are not that big,but the difference between how your players play/act/react is greater.
Therefore it makes it hard.
Basic shooting
Basic shooting reflects on how good your shooting stats are,and they do it very well to.
So having basic shooting,plus what I stated above,this makes for a very tough challenge.
If you throw in PA1-3, I'm not shure how it plays,haven't tried that.
Manual passing is tough as it is.

I've been playing the same game 6 times today,just to see the difference
Milan vs Fiorentina ML season 4 game 11
Proffesional

1-0
1-1
1-1
Shooting stats
17(6)-4(3)
14(5)-7(5)
16(7)-8(5)
Top Player
1-0
1-2
2-0
Shooting stats
9(5)-6(3)
12(8)-7(3)
11(7) 9(6)

A hell of a lot more shots on goal on top player than Proffesional.
You may take it or leave it,just a reflection on the game from me.
I've had my ups and downs with this one,but still love it and play it every day

But rock, on basic shooting do you find that most shots hit the target?

Sheeeet. I haven't been in this thread for aeons. I haven't touched PES since as well.

How's everything? You guys still on about the same yearly complaints?

Was the PS4 Pro patch released at all?

So here's the second patch then,downloading it now.
3,73 gb on Xbox
Yeah,I'm first on this patch aswell.
I blame my very fucked up night habits.
And very nice DL speed,guess I'm alone on the server,97mbit/s

I'm downloading new 1.03 update now on ps4...1.7gig...really looking fwd to this one..with 3 new stadiums n hopefully at least they all have much improved turf..hoping konami listened...konami have been more receptive lately to fans wants..so here's hoping...fingers crossed...15mins to go

OK OK OK.. first impressions of new update.. IM SO FKN HAPPY!!!!!
Konami have listened, and all the new 3 stadiums look ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!! Ive only played during day matches (as this was the major grip with turf, ie. during the daylight). The lighting in Dortmund's stadium is just amazing, and the turf.. AMAZING.. best of the bunch. Anfield is nice, but I reckon the 3rd stadium (the Brazilian one) has an amazing looking turf. Finally the turf looks nice and green... much better than what we had in previous stadiums.

Now to check the other stadiums, to see if Konami has actually re worked some of the turf on those. All I can say is that the new stadiums are amazing.. turf n all...!!! Great stuff

Hey Jimi, any gameplay changes that yourve noticed??? How you liking the new stadiums.. im damn happy!!!
I haven't played yet, just put it in coach mode to see the visuals of the new stadiums.. wow that look amazing.. the entrance to Signal Iduna is amazing.. the lighting as you walk out of the tunnel...

Stadio Olimpico looks better than previous version, turfwise... so im guessing some reworking of turf on previous stadiums have been done..

Hey Jimi, any gameplay changes that yourve noticed??? How you liking the new stadiums.. im damn happy!!!
I haven't played yet, just put it in coach mode to see the visuals of the new stadiums.. wow that look amazing.. the entrance to Signal Iduna is amazing.. the lighting as you walk out of the tunnel...

only played 6 games, no gameplay changes from what iv seen so far, yeah the stadiums look amazing, very impressed , what im waiting and looking forward to is PES League which will be available once the game is back online, interesting to see how that works.

An field does look good, the turf is massively improved ..if only we could choose the ground and time of day in cup competitions and master league ..we still can't I've checked .

Nope,like I wrote 17 shots,6 on target.easier if you go up a notch to TP,basic shooting there hits the target more often,pretty realistic,around 40-50%

It's just that when i first played the game with my older brother i put his settings on basic because he only plays PES5 and i know that manual is hard to get used to. I played on manual. I set it like that without him knowing because i wanted him to like the game. But then every shot he had was on target and some of mine were going all over the shop (because of manual). He thought it was strange that he was so good because it was the first time he played the game. In the end i told him and we both play on manual now but his shooting is so poor it's killing the game for us as i beat him quite easily. I'm thinking of both playing on Basic again if it's like you say Rock.

That was before the last patch so maybe they changed it. But last time i found that even my body positon didnt have an affect. When we play it is on PS3, maybe it's different on there.

Might not have a chance to download the new patch for a bit. Can someone please test if you can start a cup with all human players but then change one to CPU before the match? Like in exhibition. I'm guessing not as it's not in such high demand.

@Lami welcome back. :)

It's just that when i first played the game with my older brother i put his settings on basic because he only plays PES5 and i know that manual is hard to get used to. I played on manual. I set it like that without him knowing because i wanted him to like the game. But then every shot he had was on target and some of mine were going all over the shop (because of manual). He thought it was strange that he was so good because it was the first time he played the game. In the end i told him and we both play on manual now but his shooting is poor.

That was before the last patch so maybe they changed it. But last time i found that even my body positon didnt have an affect. When we play it is on PS3, maybe it's different on there.

Iv been on manual shooting for a while, I decided to try basic shooting again, and I can definately say not all shots are on target as it was at the start, definately worth checking out.

Back
Top Bottom