PES 2017 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

Scoring goals on PES hasn't felt right for years now. It's all very automated - you don't need to get the player into the right body shape to shoot, you can blast it from any angle and get the ball on target at the very least.

The shooting mechanics in the game are not great imo, and the keepers animations are still pretty unconvincing a lot of the time. Takes away the feeling of achievement when you score and the goalie moves/looks awkward. Still needs a lot of work in this dept.

I just don't understand why they cannot create the same stadiums for each platform. Surely it's not that hard
Or make it be known before release about limited content. It's just so wrong.
Konami lack of customer service is again called into question.

I just don't understand why they cannot create the same stadiums for each platform. Surely it's not that hard
Or make it be known before release about limited content. It's just so wrong.
Konami lack of customer service is again called into question.
I think konami assume customer knew it haha eg Maracana last year
but they made mistake that they said pc platform would have stadiums in facebook comment lmao
poor customer service and poor communication for sure
I think the reason why they didn't create same stadiums for each platform is that they wanted ps4/xbox1 to look superior
I never play a game that different platforms have such unfair treatment apart from graphic

Don't think it is fair to announce official licenses and then not include them in the ps3. After all if you buy the ps3 games on the cover they do mention that. It does feel real cheap and quite frankly don't think 2 or 3 stadia would make that much of a difference for them. But is a hell of a difference for the ps3 owners, they won't like that for sure.

Another weird thing is that they got the official uefa license and do not include the 2 stadia for the finals...makes no sense. Yes maybe they will be available in march may or august...but it would be nice to play the CL mode and play the final in the offical stadium on day 1. Why buying the license then? Same about not supporting 4k.

How long would it take to add a day/night selector to the master league? probably 1 hour of programming? Or to put in place real life schedule? i played 49 master league games, 40 of which at night. bit of a joke really. Not even sure what the logic behind that is, because a couple of times i started a game at night, then left and reload 4-5 times untill a day game magically appeared..weird stuff. We had snow back in the days...not the fakest rain of all time. we had tons of stadia, good presentation, good menu', commentaries are indecent in any language...

Gotta wait for everything.

Little things that always point to the same direction: fuck you customers.

The animation where the keeper stay in the air in slow mo for half an hour is indeed a pretty funny one...

Some shooting lacks momentum, especially on loose balls and little distance from the ball where you can see the game relly struggles to put meaningful physics and you end up with a weird goal. Volleys are also pretty funky, as scripted as hell even on manual. I prefer manual shooting mostly because the other options always end up with me hitting the post 4 times a game...

But i think most of the other stuff is pretty solid, i scored some amazing headers for example which really looked like the real thing.

Started a ML with Spurs and having much more fun with better players. The game was simply too frustrating with Swansea in Superstar. Spurs feel just about right.

The build up play in PES 2017 is second to none. I just hope that they focus on shooting and extra content for the next release and don't get so hung up on PLAYER FACES!

I just hope that they focus on shooting and extra content for the next release and don't get so hung up on PLAYER FACES

But what about the goal nets?? Or the wind simulation on the corner flags...?

Seriously though, does anybody know the best way to set up your team so that your striker is playing on the shoulder of the last defender?
I have signed Lacazette up front in my Lazio ML bit he always receives the ball too deep with plenty of players between him and the goal. I want him running behind the defence so I can play it through to him but not sure of best set up for this.

Seriously though, does anybody know the best way to set up your team so that your striker is playing on the shoulder of the last defender?
I have signed Lacazette up front in my Lazio ML bit he always receives the ball too deep with plenty of players between him and the goal. I want him running behind the defence so I can play it through to him but not sure of best set up for this.
You need to be set up counter attack and not possession for the striker to make clever forward runs. Also, if you set tactics to 'flexible' your striker will run the channels instead of staying central.

Set Adv. Defensive instructions to centering targets. and choose Lacazette, that should help

I don't know why so many on twitter are getting excited about two stadiums. I don't play as either team and will only visit Anfield once a season.

Again, Konami seem to do everything half arsed. Such an odd company.
OK these things are tied into licenses and we all know the case there.

I am excited for a few more licensed stadia and teams and what not. Surely there is nothing wrong with that.

BTW online for the most part plays like a dream.

You need to be set up counter attack and not possession for the striker to make clever forward runs. Also, if you set tactics to 'flexible' your striker will run the channels instead of staying central.

Set Adv. Defensive instructions to centering targets. and choose Lacazette, that should help

Thankyou both, I will have a go at this and see if it helps. Seems a waste of my £35m striker if he is always dropping deep.
Thanks again

Anyone know what's up with the shooting in this game? About 80% of my shots go wide for no apparent reason, it's like someone made a new version of the crossbar challenge but for the stanchions behind the goal.

Also is it fair to say that player emotions seem to have too great an effect? Without emotions it is too easy on Superstar, with emotions enabled the AI regularly goes into Super Saiyan mode where they win every header and become human wrecking balls when making challenges. Would an option for emotion intensity solve this? For example you might have three options to set how much of an impact you want emotions to have, rather than just on or off.

Last edited:
Anyone know what's up with the shooting in this game? About 80% of my shots go wide for no apparent reason, it's like someone made a new version of the crossbar challenge but for the stanchions behind the goal.

Are you playing with Advanced Shooting? When I play with Advanced every other shot hits the cross bar so IMO Manual is the way to go :)

OK these things are tied into licenses and we all know the case there.

I am excited for a few more licensed stadia and teams and what not. Surely there is nothing wrong with that.

BTW online for the most part plays like a dream.
There's nothing wrong with being excited about it if that's your thing.

What irks me is the song and dance Konami make about 2 new stadiums and a few hairstyles. These things should be included on release day for god sake!

And the PES fan boys LAP it up on Twitter. So Konami don't think "We should be including more stadiums and a deeper Master League mode" because the replies are always "OMG Konami, thanks for making Messi's hair, this is the best football game ever!"

Sorry but it's not enough.

Are you playing with Advanced Shooting? When I play with Advanced every other shot hits the cross bar so IMO Manual is the way to go :)

This is my opinion on the manual controls as I've switched so many times its untrue. I've now settled for pa1 and advanced shooting
being an ex fifa full manual player for years it felt that fifa needed to be played manual to actually enjoy it - semi at the very least. PES was always about tactics and stats growing up and it's back to that standard this year. The issue with manual passing is that the simplest crosses go astray far too often ..the AI is more than good enough to defend

against you on PA1 and the stats of the players come into play..shooting is similar on manual most players can blast it from outside of the area and the better players don't stand out ..on top of that on manual a lot of my goals just feel like pot luck..on advanced stato matter again and I feel far more in control of decision making ..advanced shooting takes practise but once you get it you get it

This is my opinion on the manual controls as I've switched so many times its untrue. I've now settled for pa1 and advanced shooting
being an ex fifa full manual player for years it felt that fifa needed to be played manual to actually enjoy it - semi at the very least. PES was always about tactics and stats growing up and it's back to that standard this year. The issue with manual passing is that the simplest crosses go astray far too often ..the AI is more than good enough to defend

Maybe I'll try advanced, but when I last tried it, on 2014 I believe, it was ridiculous because you couldn't even miss the target, not sure if it's evolved since then.

Shooting for me is the one area where FIFA is still leaps and bounds ahead, with basic shooting I feel like I'm pressing shoot and just hoping I win the lottery, it feels like they've made a very high percentage of shots for both myself and the CPU go just wide of the goal in order to keep the scores down, but it totally ruins the immersion when you see shots going into the exact same spots time and time again, there needs to be a massive increase in variation. Finesse shooting inside the box is dire as well, it's almost always using that one animation with the clearly scripted curve on the ball no matter the context.

If they could do to shooting what they did with the first touch system then it would make the game so much more rewarding.

I also try and mix it up using manual override but I know what you mean regarding variation..the whole game lacks it ..at times it feels that passes and shots are decided no matter what..the AI never miss times a jump for a header the ball always hits the forehead and goes forward..probably isn't programmed like that purposely it just doesn't take into account ball spins ..and the fouls and advantage rule are knackered

I've settled on manual passing but basic shooting. On manual shooting I hit row Z more often than not, and on advanced I only tended to hit either the keeper or the crossbar.

I actually scored my first freekick today, which was amazing. Made even better because it was from 35 yards out.

Juninho Pernambucano-esque.

Last edited:
I've settled on manual passing but basic shooting. On manual shooting I hit row Z more often than not, and on advanced I only tended to hit either the keeper or the crossbar.

I think this is the best combination. Shooting from distance is slightly too easy on manual + aiming headers/shots from crosses seems kind of broken to me.

I find basic requires working the ball into the box more, which works quite nicely with the challenge of manual passing.

Keeping it as basic shooting is the way to go, you can still hold L2 for manual shooting, it is the best combination.

Am I crazy in thinking this game becomes noticeably harder when you load a saved game?

I started a cup last night using 8 different teams and had three tight but really close matches (won 2, lost 1 in extra time). I loaded the tournament this evening to continue and played through five more matches. Every one of them was a real slog in and felt as if I was my players reacted slower and were second to the ball every single time. I lost pretty much every match.

Given that I played as 5 separate teams, I don't think I can chalk it down to an individual team or a form thing. I actually restarted the cup using exactly the same settings, including tactics and, again, my first game (using a team I'd lost with previously) was a really close and fun match (2-1 to me). Importantly, it felt much more balanced and that I could actually win headers again.

I've seen this mentioned before (I think) but it's a really strange thing if I'm not making it up.

Back
Top Bottom