PES 2017 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

CxZ6ZMXXAAAG7Ig.jpg:large

That might be the case on assisted controls which I can't confirm since I never use it but I have to totally disagree with your statement if we're talking manual. You absolutely have to adjust to the right shooting position and the right foot in order to pull a good shot, otherwise you end up with stray shots. This year in particular you have to know you players dominate foot in order to pull good passed an shots
Totally agree :)

Had three amazing seasons
Played a very good Milan that I built up to be a monster.
Won The cup twice,Serie A twice,champions League once,all on TP and manual.

Fourth season is just a mess,it's so heavily scripted,on all difficulties.
Can't buy a win,every defence is the hardest I've ever played,every midfield is the sharpest I've ever played.
And I acctually sold most of my 83-90 ovr players,to make the game a bit more tough,but this,,,,
The CPU would run through a brick wall if needed.
This is just one example

I don't get freekicks,CPU is insane,must be some bug,or programming to make the game unplayable.
Cause that's what it is.

one thing that pes does right and closely resembles to real life, is if you buy quite a few new players even tho they have great stats, the risk is theres a chance they wont perform, regardless of how good there stats are, a great example of a real life team that buys players that would have really good stats is Man Utd, enough said, fantastic game this year, still playing it the same as i first bought it. very very deep game and very satisfying
Just to add on this, when a new player comes in even tho the team spirit comes down, what I love about this game is, that particular player may have a connection with maybe a few of your players and you can focus on those players to link with. It's up to you to figure out who Connects well with who, it seems the old teamwork numbers are working in the background but not visible for us too see, and I actually perfer that cos u get to focus more on the pitch and you get a massive satisfaction when you find that player that links well with the other.

Just to add on this, when a new player comes in even tho the team spirit comes down, what I love about this game is, that particular player may have a connection with maybe a few of your players and you can focus on those players to link with. It's up to you to figure out who Connects well with who, it seems the old teamwork numbers are working in the background but not visible for us too see, and I actually perfer that cos u get to focus more on the pitch and you get a massive satisfaction when you find that player that links well with the other.

Yes Jimi I said it earlier that I had to sell players with great ratings who just never fitted in to the team and the system even after a couple of seasons of waiting for them to click . . .I check players now for how they fit in with tactics and also that other part that shows their passion personality etc. It can be pot luck as well but isn't that some of the beauty and fun of the game? I've bought cheap players that caught my eye when playing against them and it's like unearthing a gem . . .they play way above their ratings . . .it's well worth trawling the database for talent. Good to see that you are enjoying this years edition. . I love it.

I haven't ventured online much so I wonder what the deal is with manual settings?

Does it automatically look for similar players if you have it set to manual (unassisted) passing from the main game itself?

I play Online Divisions (pretty sure the following does'nt apply for MyClub...). I play full manual and when searching for other players I have the search criteria set to "Similar settings". Then you get paired with others playing manual PASSING, not necessarily manual shooting and advanced through balls though. But the passing is always manual.

When playing in the evening/night and on weekends I never have trouble finding people, but you sometimes get to wait 5-10 minutes when searching. Totally worth it though.

Still absolutely in love with this game.

Had to give up the disc to a friend who wants to see if he can get into it, and I'm at a loose end...

I played a few ML games last night, as Hull. I'm playing on -1 game speed now - it's a little too slow, but 0 is a little too fast, so I'm happy.

The one that sticks out is a near-0-0 with Tottenham. I've switched them to a 4-4-2 diamond but with no wingers (1xDM, 2xCM, 1xAM), purely because the wide players aren't of the same standard.

The wing-backs weren't used to what I was asking them to do (via the "advanced instructions") but just having them higher up the pitch was allowing me to keep passing moves going for longer. But all game, it was 50/50 (possession, pass accuracy, shots, you name it).

With 10 minutes to go, I saw something I've never seen before...

With it being the last part of the game, I told the slowest striker, Mbokani, to stay in the final third (again via "advanced instructions"). A failed counter-attack ended up with the ball being picked up by the goalkeeper, who then completely mishit his pass. Mbokani stepped in, and all he had to do was hit the target. 1-0.

Without using the instruction, he wouldn't have been there, and it felt just right.

I play Online Divisions (pretty sure the following does'nt apply for MyClub...). I play full manual and when searching for other players I have the search criteria set to "Similar settings". Then you get paired with others playing manual PASSING, not necessarily manual shooting and advanced through balls though. But the passing is always manual.

When playing in the evening/night and on weekends I never have trouble finding people, but you sometimes get to wait 5-10 minutes when searching. Totally worth it though.

Yeah same here...

It just doesn´t work with myclub. Never found any manual player there, that´s why this mode isn´t really interesting to me.
Just playing those tournaments against the AI but never made it.

Data Pack 2.0 will be released on Thursday 24th November, 2016.
Data Pack 2.0 includes "Anfield", the home stadium of our official partner Liverpool FC, "Signal Iduna Park" of Borussia Dortmund and "Allianz Parque" of Palmeiras, as well as Liverpool FC's classic kits, the anthems of Liverpool FC and Borussia Dortmund and more than 100 players' real faces and new boots.

https://www.konami.com/wepes/2017/eu/en/dp/data_pack2

I hope the brazilian teams get some love with the new DP, lot's of players missing in various teams, Diego at Flamengo, Lugano/Cueva at Sao Paulo and Zeca/Copete at Santos for example. Oh and Fred is now att A Mineiro (love that team btw:)))

What should I say, currently I'm loving the game to no end, I think it's imho the best PES game I've ever played and I say that eventhough I lost the two last matches and had nearly no goal-opportunity, the buildup is just so amazing and satisfying! Still a little, a tiny bit more goal opportunities would just be the icing on the cake, for me, not the CPU, they seem to get it alright ;).

I hope they add the god damn selector on this patch, master league is dead for me.

I checked another couple of fora, 1 italian, 1 spanish and people are reporting the same issue, playing almost only at night.

It seems there is 1 lucky fellow here who is getting mostly day games. good for him.

Also since issue of not mixing european and non european stadia seems most bizzare to me. Not sure i see what copyright issue it violates.

Then again it never felt good to assign legendary stadia like anfield, camp nou, san siro to other teams, we do need more generic/less famous stadia. Back in the days we had several south african/japanese/latin american stadia that came in very handy for the other teams in the master league.

Don't think we are asking too much, a selector and a few stadia.

I hope they add the god damn selector on this patch, master league is dead for me.

I checked another couple of fora, 1 italian, 1 spanish and people are reporting the same issue, playing almost only at night.

It seems there is 1 lucky fellow here who is getting mostly day games. good for him.

Also since issue of not mixing european and non european stadia seems most bizzare to me. Not sure i see what copyright issue it violates.

Then again it never felt good to assign legendary stadia like anfield, camp nou, san siro to other teams, we do need more generic/less famous stadia. Back in the days we had several south african/japanese/latin american stadia that came in very handy for the other teams in the master league.

A lot of Serie A games are played at night. I think if I DO go back to this, it will have to be a Serie A Master League as at least they have a few stadiums and the atmosphere is better.

Playing a Premier League campaign in PES just feels weird.

Yes i agree a selector is a must.

I play English Championship and play mostly day games. I love the atmosphere in the Championship and Premiership. A lot of complaints about stadium and turf and things. I would welcome extra stadiums but for me the gameplay is the most important thing otherwise i would just play FIFA as it has all the tinsel and fairy dust. :)

Can anyone shed some light on a certain phrase the commentary is saying when a shot is taken at goal.

It sounds like Zirco or Circle

Sure goal ?

Agree totally,more generic stadia if licensing is an issue,and not being able to use the South American,must be license issue.
I was lucky enough to play day/night 50/50 my third season.
Need to be able to select that aswell,hate rain games in PES,slows down the game

3 new stadiums if you have Xbox one or PS4 but nothing if you have Ps3 or Xbox 360 what a shambles konamiI is at times.

Nowhere did I read at the time of the announcements regarding the exclusives of signing with Liverpool or Dortmund that this would be the case, another PR shambles . Same old same old one step forward two steps back .oh well back to pes 13 and as I have no desire to buy a PS 4 just to play pes then no more future pes games for me.

I don't know why so many on twitter are getting excited about two stadiums. I don't play as either team and will only visit Anfield once a season.

Again, Konami seem to do everything half arsed. Such an odd company.

3 new stadiums if you have Xbox one or PS4 but nothing if you have Ps3 or Xbox 360 what a shambles konamiI is at times.

Nowhere did I read at the time of the announcements regarding the exclusives of signing with Liverpool or Dortmund that this would be the case, another PR shambles . Same old same old one step forward two steps back .oh well back to pes 13 and as I have no desire to buy a PS 4 just to play pes then no more future pes games for me.

the ps3 and xbox360 are dead in the water to konami

Back
Top Bottom