PES 2017 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

Does the thing still happen where if you edit a player their face disappears from team select page?
I want to change the players boots that are on the awful PES default ones but not if they are going to lose their faces!

Picking up a PS4 Pro today, those who have one, did you have to import your teams data all over again and if so, was you able to bulk import everything since the patch without crashing or do you still have to do 10-20 teams at a time?

Picking up a PS4 Pro today, those who have one, did you have to import your teams data all over again and if so, was you able to bulk import everything since the patch without crashing or do you still have to do 10-20 teams at a time?
i copied over all data i had on my regular ps4. installed the game on the pro system and copied the files back. when i started the game, the teams are all in place (correct league) but some team logos are missing. i did not check on the kits though.
i would suggest you start fresh!

some user, like me, will install the 4k update by the end of november and then reinstall a new fresh OF from scratch (dont forget to delete the old files you imported!!).

Does the thing still happen where if you edit a player their face disappears from team select page?
I want to change the players boots that are on the awful PES default ones but not if they are going to lose their faces!

Changed boots of several players and the face didn´t disappear in the gameplan.

At least not in the ML.

4k update has been postponed to mid December

This is konami so not surprised and Ill be even less surprised if they don't leave it until the Jan transfer window closes.
Its the reason I've re-bought Fifa today so I can have one footie game in 4K on my Pro.

I just re-done @goalgerd option file from scratch.
Selected them all at once and it took about an hour to do.

I hope you like the version of Pes 2017 that got codeveleoped with the developers watching how I play the game and chainging parameters. I don' t tjink it's yet perfect but imho a good improvemenet. Ywo things I woul still like to see is better lightning, bettet pitchtextures, much less replays unless i press to see one. And more continous playing and my pet peeve two tiered stamina fatigue system, currently it' s only half there. And inertia and stuff also cood be better. But overall it's imho a good step into the right direction☺

I hope you like the version of Pes 2017 that got codeveleoped with the developers watching how I play the game and chainging parameters. I don' t tjink it's yet perfect but imho a good improvemenet. Ywo things I woul still like to see is better lightning, bettet pitchtextures, much less replays unless i press to see one. And more continous playing and my pet peeve two tiered stamina fatigue system, currently it' s only half there. And inertia and stuff also cood be better. But overall it's imho a good step into the right direction☺

The two tiered stamina man .. .haven't seen you here in a while.

I love this game but man, it looks so ugly at times. What's with the weird lighting in some games and the kits having a 'shimmer' around them?

PES 2018 simply has to improve the graphics. Feels like I am playing a PS3 game.
100% agree. Konami with Pes 2018 has to make much, much and much better graphics and much,much better atmosphere.

I am done with this game. Just uninstalled it now. The game is a script-fest with most the goals I concede at 90 mins and the horrible catch up bug makes all the player from low league team be world class. Apart from the team individuality, the game is extremely shallow.

I am done with this game. Just uninstalled it now. The game is a script-fest with most the goals I concede at 90 mins and the horrible catch up bug makes all the player from low league team be world class. Apart from the team individuality, the game is extremely shallow.

I do find it hard to really pull away from the CPU. No matter what forward I have they can't get away from their man

Any word on when Anfield and Signal Iduna hit the game?

Nope, but my bet is on next thursday, November 24th. Yesterday their official twitter- account said that the DP2 was still coming in november, but yeah, it's konami we are dealing with so don't hold your breath...

.. my bet late late late November, ie. 30th. Konami have a history of being quite incompetent when It comes to promises... mind you, this year Konami have finally listened to its audience and (in my opinion) produced the best football game ever made to date...Im not even close to being bored, and in fact believe ill be playing this version until pes2018 (normally this wouldn't happen n id start playing pes5/we9LE or pes6 on pc for the 6 months before the new version). First time I can say that I wont be playing pes5 n 6 ever again (well.. only for nostalgic reasons) since full manual pes2017 is just so damn good with its gameplay and variations.

Anyways, back to topic. Im just hoping that both Anfield and Signal Iduna have immaculate daytime turf when they arrive... I reckon they will, since many have been saying this is this years major fault. Im also hoping that the new datapack somehow fixes the turf of some of the other stadiums... im sure that's possible.

The only other major fault in this game is the shooting AI when your keeper comes out - the cpu will never ever chip your keeper regardless of how far he comes our. Its always a hard strike at goal which is often saved by your keeper.. where as a chip would have seen an easy goal being scored. Well I haven't seen any chips agains me yet..... mind you I did see the clip someone showed with Robben (cpu) chipping the keeper with outside of his foot. Maybe only the top players do it... anyone??? Regardless of this, the cpu AI have have improved big time this year in regards to sensible attacking and the variety of attack.

I love this game but man, it looks so ugly at times. What's with the weird lighting in some games and the kits having a 'shimmer' around them?

PES 2018 simply has to improve the graphics. Feels like I am playing a PS3 game.
It 100% looks like an upscaled PS3 game (720P to 1080P). Disappointing to say the least from a graphical perspective.

It 100% looks like an upscaled PS3 game (720P to 1080P). Disappointing to say the least from a graphical perspective.
It looks like arse. I have a love-hate relationship with this game now.

I can't settle on a camera angle which works for me. Wide is better for respsonsiveness yet you can't see enough of the pitch and constantly have to use the radar.

Dynamic Wide is the opposite. I see plenty of the pitch yet the players are all too slow and EVERY one of my players turns like a tank.

I was too quick to label this best football game ever. After spending many more sessions with it, there's a lot about this game I don't like.

I don't know how long I can stick playing at the same stadiums with the same commentary lines being reeled out time and time again.

And scoring goals STILL doesn't feel satisfying as the other game. It's very automated.

Having one of those days with this I think.

It looks like arse. I have a love-hate relationship with this game now.

I can't settle on a camera angle which works for me. Wide is better for respsonsiveness yet you can't see enough of the pitch and constantly have to use the radar.

Dynamic Wide is the opposite. I see plenty of the pitch yet the players are all too slow and EVERY one of my players turns like a tank.

I was too quick to label this best football game ever. After spending many more sessions with it, there's a lot about this game I don't like.

I don't know how long I can stick playing at the same stadiums with the same commentary lines being reeled out time and time again.

And scoring goals STILL doesn't feel satisfying as the other game. It's very automated.

Having one of those days with this I think.
No I don't think you are having one of those days with it Final. I gave this a LONG session yesterday on my PS4 Pro after getting all the Option Files sorted (thanks @Chris Davies your OF is brilliant!). The shooting is still very Meh for me. Sure I do get some shots that hit the post or go just wide that feel pretty good but when I score a goal it doesn't feel right or look right to me. Plus the AI on Superstar in Master League is still a cheating piece of shit (I got hammered 5-0 by Middlesbrough yesterday in ML. I think my boys have a better team than Boro [Watford] personally). Physics at times to me feel clunky and sluggish and it doesn't look very nice it looks over saturated to me.

No I don't think you are having one of those days with it Final. I gave this a LONG session yesterday on my PS4 Pro after getting all the Option Files sorted (thanks @Chris Davies your OF is brilliant!). The shooting is still very Meh for me. Sure I do get some shots that hit the post or go just wide that feel pretty good but when I score a goal it doesn't feel right or look right to me. Plus the AI on Superstar in Master League is still a cheating piece of shit (I got hammered 5-0 by Middlesbrough yesterday in ML. I think my boys have a better team than Boro [Watford] personally). Physics at times to me feel clunky and sluggish and it doesn't look very nice it looks over saturated to me.
I am really missing playing against human players. This is awful online so I won't even bother.

I am really missing playing against human players. This is awful online so I won't even bother.
Oh good god don't get me started with online pal.... its a crock of shit online! almost like the game is dumbed down and it ends up like a Basketball match. I have tried persevering with it online but I am sick of playing against Real Madrid, Barcelona and Man City despite me choosing Watford and Napoli.....

It's the last time I am going to moan about it but god damn these visuals on PS4 are dire. So, so bad.

Why has the game taken such a huge step back visually? I don't get it.

I have had 4 away matches in a row in Master League at the same stadium every time. It's just getting tedious now.

I realised this morning what is missing in PES these days (apart from the obvious like stadiums etc) that used to be so integral to the experience back in the good old days: Fun

The game is too stiff and rigid to keep me interested all year.

It's a shame because PES 2017 nails so many aspects of the beautiful game but ultimately comes up short yet again and Konami shouldn't be charging full price for this because as a package it's still extremely shabby and lacking.

Konami, for PES 2018 please:

* Improve the visuals
* Stadium Creator
* Overhaul Master League
* Give us more freedom on the ball
* Less of the scripting please!
* Be able to adjust cameras online
* Online matchmaking. If I play as Swansea, can I get to play against a similar level team and not Real Madrid EVERY DAMN TIME?!
* The wait between cut scenes and replays. Why in 2016 do I have sit there looking at a black screen every time the ball goes out for a throw in?
* Kits. Even the edited ones don't look right. They are faaaar too bright and unrealistic.
* Pitch textures. They are pathetic in PES 2017.
* Co-Op 2v2 mode.
* Get rid of the assistant commentator for the love of god.

Last edited:
It's the last time I am going to moan about it but god damn these visuals on PS4 are dire. So, so bad.

Why has the game taken such a huge step back visually? I don't get it.

I have had 4 away matches in a row in Master League at the same stadium every time. It's just getting tedious now.

I realised this morning what is missing in PES these days (apart from the obvious like stadiums etc) that used to be so integral to the experience back in the good old days: Fun

The game is too stiff and rigid to keep me interested all year.

It's a shame because PES 2017 nails so many aspects of the beautiful game but ultimately comes up short yet again and Konami shouldn't be charging full price for this because as a package it's still extremely shabby and lacking.

Konami, for PES 2018 please:

* Improve the visuals
* Stadium Creator
* Overhaul Master League
* Give us more freedom on the ball
* Less of the scripting please!
* Be able to adjust cameras online
* Online matchmaking. If I play as Swansea, can I get to play against a similar level team and not Real Madrid EVERY DAMN TIME?!
* The wait between cut scenes and replays. Why in 2016 do I have sit there looking at a black screen every time the ball goes out for a throw in?
* Kits. Even the edited ones don't look right. They are faaaar too bright and unrealistic.
* Pitch textures. They are pathetic in PES 2017.
* Co-Op 2v2 mode.
* Get rid of the assistant commentator for the love of god.
Have to say I agree with everything in this post. Most of the stuff is just basic stuff that Konami should have been nailing ages ago. PES as a package just isn't enough to warrant its full price tag with so much content missing. They had a Stadium Editor which just needed expanding on... why did they remove it?

They had 2v2 Co-Op although it wasn't ranked and they fucked about with making it Fixed Cursor or Fixed Camera... bull fucking shit.

I am also fed up with the lack of Match Making online. For a laugh the other Day I chose Wigan Athletic (Again thanks @Chris Davies for your OF) and this twat chose Barca. The funny thing was by literally just sitting deep and hitting him with a simple couple of Through Balls I went 1-0 up against him! haha. BUT I lost 6-1 in the end.

Back
Top Bottom