PES 2017 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

I usually go for the default players for any team in the 2nd division.
This time I chose Aston Villa, but used the real ones...shouldn´t have done that to make it more challenging.

Then I thought I should rather have chosen a team with nice kits...like newcastle for example...dunno why...I´m not very fond of the polo shirt alike kits of AV :P

I thought I was the only one that picked my teams to manage in the master league by how good the strip makes the game look!

It does make a difference, I even think some make the game look smoother. My favourites are Porto and Montpellier.

The worst strips are those which are plain red. They make the graphics look poor.

I thought I was the only one that picked my teams to manage in the master league by how good the strip makes the game look!

It does make a difference, I even think some make the game look smoother. My favourites are Porto and Montpellier.

The worst strips are those which are plain red. They make the graphics look poor.
Almost always go for Torino,been using Milan lately,which have shit kits,but have San Siro.
So good kits and a stadium is my thing

I know I'm not the first person to say this, but something has to be done about the lack of fouls.

No, not the lack of fouls - the lack of fouls that are called in my favour. It's not that the computer doesn't foul me. My God, they do. I mean, if the computer was punished for every foul they commit, the game would be really bitty and frustrating and boring, because a lot of the time they're right cynical bastards. But as it is, I can go three or four games without winning a single foul - and I play 20 minute games. It's nothing to do with my style of play: I play tippy-tappy, dribbly football and I'm always getting scythed down - the ref just doesn't blow.

I mean, they say the patch didn't affect gameplay, and I suppose the jury's still out on that, but I've definitely noticed fewer fouls. I used to finish games with the computer having given away maybe four or five fouls on average - not a lot in a 20-minute game, but much better than in PES 2016. Now it's not uncommon for my team to walk off the pitch feeling like they've faced Wimbledon circa 1988, or Atletico Madrid circa 1974, or Estudiantes de la Plata circa 1967, with their legs all black and blue and their noses broken... and then I look at the foul count, and apparently the computer team has committed zero fouls. Whereas I've committed five or something, three of which were yellow cards, usually for stand-up tackles which didn't even cause the computer player to fall over (you know that animation where the ref comes over and your player holds up one finger to show that it's his first foul, and the referee books him). Meanwhile, the computer's defenders will have karate kicked me in the bollocks as I was pulling back my leg to shoot into an empty net, and... nothing.

I mean, I've had no penalties in almost three seasons. None at all. In three seasons... of 20 minute games. And I must have been fouled in the box a hundred times in that period - often so viciously that when I've paused the game and looked at the replay, I laugh out loud at the sheer brutality of it.

They don't have to change the defensive AI, which would be fiddly and difficult and risky to the overall balance of the game. Just make the ref less lenient towards the computer, and get rid of that ridiculous Clattenberg-like cowardice when it comes to making big calls like penalties. They don't have to give every foul the computer commits in the box; that would take away all the drama, and besides, if they did there would be far too many penalties. Just don't be such dicks.

It was actually easier to overlook this problem in previous games, cos they were full of little (and big) annoyances. This time, so much has been smoothed out, this stands out really badly. I mean, is it deliberate? Do they think it's "challenging" in some way? Do they think people would get frustrated with more stoppages... in which case, why make the computer players hack at you like that in the first place? Why bother making such a fine simulation of football and then adding this layer of ludicrous, gamey anti-realism?

Almost always go for Torino,been using Milan lately,which have shit kits,but have San Siro.
So good kits and a stadium is my thing

I used to go for the San siro years ago, but they changed the turf. I go for the stadium with the greenest turf at day and night. I also go through the league I'm in and change all the stadiums to ones with good turf. Even do it to the team I get drawn against in the champions league

I used to go for the San siro years ago, but they changed the turf. I go for the stadium with the greenest turf at day and night. I also go through the league I'm in and change all the stadiums to ones with good turf. Even do it to the team I get drawn against in the champions league
dedicated? :)
wish we had more options,remember the good Old Pc Days on Pes 5

Sold the game. Its just too frustrating off and on the pitch. Though still think its the best footie game ever, it has just too many things that fuck it up for me (especially regarding online play).

been playing master league for the last 10 days straight and the mode is broken, everything is setup so the AI will beat you into submission, whether it be no fouls against them or your players switching to the furthest man from the ball to your players freezing or making a bad contact on the ball so the ai can score it really isn't worth the investment, i ended up skipping most of my matches and just played the cup games

been playing master league for the last 10 days straight and the mode is broken, everything is setup so the AI will beat you into submission, whether it be no fouls against them or your players switching to the furthest man from the ball to your players freezing or making a bad contact on the ball so the ai can score it really isn't worth the investment, i ended up skipping most of my matches and just played the cup games

What level are you playing on goalgerd?

Master league is broken? Scripted probably which it always has been . . Rockstrongo won the league and cups two seasons in a row. . .. .I think its great even in the matches that I get cheated in. . . . I still enjoy trying to play decent creative football. .. .for me it's not about winning trophys. . . I just enjoy the challenge of playing the AI . I honestly haven't experienced this no fouls lark. .I get at least 5 in each match . .. no penos is the problem.

was playing on professional using default players
Playing on prof myself but with Barnsley players. I don't feel that its 'broken' but the CPU does seem to mess you over every now and again. Played i think 8 league games and just lost my first one which did feel scripted but the others before were fine.

I think with default ML players it would be very tough and sluggish. Don't think i have the patience for that.

Regarding the cursor changing you are 100% right its the worse ive known. It is such a main part of footy games and it is very irritating when i make a pass to my winger only for control to go to my CF so he gets pulled out of position and my winger stops running. Strange thing is i only notice it in ML when i played Champions League comp the other day as Spurs, cursor change was better.

I started myclub last night, didn't know much about it, but as an offline gamer, good you can play this way.

One thing though - Why can't I have the camera I use normally? I can't edit the camera settings which makes my manual shooting harder.

The game seems less responsive, but I wonder if that is because I've put the PS4 Pro's settings on 2160p.

Tell me about it!
The choice of camera angles (especially online) is a joke. Apparently it's someting to do with stability during online games but even offline the option to customise all angles should be available. Again FIFA has never had a problem with this

Has anyone else lost all their kits etc when switching over to the PS4 pro?
yep! you are not alone. i installed pes2017 fresh on the pro. copied over all save data and personal data but some kits got messed up! example: all bundesliga teams are in place but some have different logos now!
ill delete all data i imported and reinstall Gerd's file as soon as the 4k update hits (probably nov. 24th)!
im currently busy enjoying nba2k17 in its ps pro glory! :D
steep beta is taking away some time too. :)

yep! you are not alone. i installed pes2017 fresh on the pro. copied over all save data and personal data but some kits got messed up! example: all bundesliga teams are in place but some have different logos now!
ill delete all data i imported and reinstall Gerd's file as soon as the 4k update hits (probably nov. 24th)!
im currently busy enjoying nba2k17 in its ps pro glory! :D
steep beta is taking away some time too. :)

yeah think I'll wait for the new update before installing again

I forgot how good this was.

Just started a Master League with Swansea on Superstar.

Lost first match, drew second and just smashed Man City 3-1 in a thrilling game. I basically changed from a 4-2-3-1 to a 4-3-3 and pressed the shit out of them. I was 3-0 up by the 60th minute, I was literally fist pumping!

I can't get over how tactical everything is in this. Love the option file @Chris Davies - makes the game far more immersive.

Best football game ever.

is it me or is it true that pes 2017 on the ps4 pro is a little blurrier (less sharp) than it is on ps4?

This game is so insanely frustrating online. Sometimes brilliant, other times utterly unplayable. An it's not that people choose Real or anything (cos I play with similar settings and people playing manual passing generally choose lesser teams, or, at least, not Real/Barca THAT much). It's the god damn button lag, just the slightest button lag and you lose posession of the ball almost all the time due to the OP pressing- tactic the game allows. Horrible.

Back
Top Bottom