PES 2017 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

Am I crazy in thinking this game becomes noticeably harder when you load a saved game?

I started a cup last night using 8 different teams and had three tight but really close matches (won 2, lost 1 in extra time). I loaded the tournament this evening to continue and played through five more matches. Every one of them was a real slog in and felt as if I was my players reacted slower and were second to the ball every single time. I lost pretty much every match.

Given that I played as 5 separate teams, I don't think I can chalk it down to an individual team or a form thing. I actually restarted the cup using exactly the same settings, including tactics and, again, my first game (using a team I'd lost with previously) was a really close and fun match (2-1 to me). Importantly, it felt much more balanced and that I could actually win headers again.

I've seen this mentioned before (I think) but it's a really strange thing if I'm not making it up.

that saved game you loaded up was that a campaign you started before or after the patch

Am I crazy in thinking this game becomes noticeably harder when you load a saved game?

I started a cup last night using 8 different teams and had three tight but really close matches (won 2, lost 1 in extra time). I loaded the tournament this evening to continue and played through five more matches. Every one of them was a real slog in and felt as if I was my players reacted slower and were second to the ball every single time. I lost pretty much every match.

Given that I played as 5 separate teams, I don't think I can chalk it down to an individual team or a form thing. I actually restarted the cup using exactly the same settings, including tactics and, again, my first game (using a team I'd lost with previously) was a really close and fun match (2-1 to me). Importantly, it felt much more balanced and that I could actually win headers again.

I've seen this mentioned before (I think) but it's a really strange thing if I'm not making it up.

Personally I have not noticed this myself.
How do you play as 5 separate teams? I want to do this but it won't allow me to change one to CPU controlled when playing against myself.

I just read your post again and I'm guessing that you played against 5 separate teams. ;)

Last edited:
I've settled on manual passing but basic shooting. On manual shooting I hit row Z more often than not, and on advanced I only tended to hit either the keeper or the crossbar.

So u feel stats come in to play when using Basic shooting? I REALLY hate that there are three (3!) different options for shooting...And no one can say in which stats matter the most...Konami....

I too have often wondered if the game loads up a certain level of difficulty every time you put the disc in. I'm so glad someone else has mentioned this because I didn't want to be labelled a crazy man.

I have, many times, loaded up a save and gone on to lose 4 or 5 in a row. I shut down the console and reload and win almost all of the same matches with the same tactics etc. It's like the game loads in an invisible parameter to determine how smart the AI will be on that play session. I really have noticed this.

So u feel stats come in to play when using Basic shooting?

Yes I do. Playing as City, I know if a shot falls to one of the defenders, or Fernando, it's unlikely to go in. Similarly, Navas, Nolito or Sterling on their left foot are also unlikely to trouble many keepers!

that saved game you loaded up was that a campaign you started before or after the patch

No, it was done over the space of two days. No update.

Personally I have not noticed this myself.
How do you play as 5 separate teams? I want to do this but it won't allow me to change one to CPU controlled when playing against myself.

I just read your post again and I'm guessing that you played against 5 separate teams. ;)

Yeah, I meant that I played as 5 separate teams (well, 8 really). Essentially I set up custom tournaments and track the scores using pen and paper - the old school method.

This one had 16 teams so I used a random number generator to make the draw and set everything up in Cup mode (I always play as the home team). You can only really do one round at a time though because, as you say, it won't let you play against yourself.

The AI in that mode is much more competitive than in exhibition, which is why I do it.

Yes I do. Playing as City, I know if a shot falls to one of the defenders, or Fernando, it's unlikely to go in. Similarly, Navas, Nolito or Sterling on their left foot are also unlikely to trouble many keepers!

Ok, interesting, I have always been under the impression that Basic shooting is more assisted, regardless of the players ability.

I tried Advanced shooting but I can't get the hang of it. I really like manual shooting but I can't perform R2 shooting when using it, I'm doing something wrong or it's broken, help anyone?

Ok, interesting, I have always been under the impression that Basic shooting is more assisted, regardless of the players ability.

I tried Advanced shooting but I can't get the hang of it. I really like manual shooting but I can't perform R2 shooting when using it, I'm doing something wrong or it's broken, help anyone?

This year it's difficult to score a 'curler' with R2 .. .there's the minimum curl on the ball now .. so it ain't you it's the same for everyone.

Basic shooting is really not that bad tbh. Wrong foot or poor balance look and feel like it. I really don't have an issue with it.

No, it was done over the space of two days. No update.

Yeah, I meant that I played as 5 separate teams (well, 8 really). Essentially I set up custom tournaments and track the scores using pen and paper - the old school method.

This one had 16 teams so I used a random number generator to make the draw and set everything up in Cup mode (I always play as the home team). You can only really do one round at a time though because, as you say, it won't let you play against yourself.

The AI in that mode is much more competitive than in exhibition, which is why I do it.

Heh yeh old school I know exactly what you mean. I thought of doing the same thing because I like to play as every team in a cup. I used to do it in PES5. Play a World Cup, then a European, Asian, American, and African cup. Teams would qualify for the Konami Cup which was a league of 20 national teams. It was fantastic, I used to keep stats and do seedings. Pretty sad but i played that more then ML.

I really wish they would allow the free sides select again.

Basic shooting is really not that bad tbh. Wrong foot or poor balance look and feel like it. I really don't have an issue with it.

Yeah, I can't say I have felt cheated when playing against people online using basic or advanced shooting and I have manual. Might give it a try.

Heh yeh old school I know exactly what you mean. I thought of doing the same thing because I like to play as every team in a cup. I used to do it in PES5. Play a World Cup, then a European, Asian, American, and African cup. Teams would qualify for the Konami Cup which was a league of 20 national teams. It was fantastic, I used to keep stats and do seedings. Pretty sad but i played that more then ML.

I really wish they would allow the free sides select again.

Sounds awesome but must have amounted to so many games in total!

I very rarely play online, but last night I had about 20 minutes before going to bed and I knew if I got involved with the ML I'd be there for 40 minutes, fiddling about with different things.

So I stuck myClub on (which I'd previously set up, ready to go), and, wow.

I was passing the ball around, keeping possession and waiting for the right pass - and so was the other guy. I had an absolute blast. Managed to score a goal in the 7th minute and then essentially rode my luck for 83 minutes, but even so. :D

I mean, when I logged in I had enough free credits to buy 10 superstars, which really pisses me off (let me earn it, Konami), but, seriously - they deserve a lot of credit this year, and I don't say that lightly (and I know there's still lots wrong).

Actually itching to go home and play ONLINE, for a change.

You see I find Online to feel a bit watered down and dumbed down. The only matches I have played have been against World Beating teams... it pisses me right off because it doesn't matter if I try and play a proper pass and move team game... the opponent always tries to get the ball to their quickest player and run at me as fast as they can!! Or they will have the ball in Midfield and spam the Through Pass button and Ronaldo or Bale are through on goal... bam 1-0...

I have also had it where I have scored goals really easily against some players online... I for a laugh chose Wigan after a guy chose Barca as I am sick of playing these World Beating teams all the time... I hoped when I highlighted Wigan that he would get a clue and change teams... no the game was Wigan v Barca.. I lost 5-1 but the goal I scored past him was just so simple... through ball, turn turn turn, through ball... Shoot... Goal... It feels empty online.

Perhaps it's because I'm still in the lower leagues in myClub. I haven't even had anyone put their foot on the ball and shield it for half an hour like you get in the other game...

Admittedly, I've come across a lot of 99-team-spirit teams, and if I play any other mode you do just get Real and Barca. That's something they've needed to fix for a long time (I remember being delighted when they fixed that in FIFA, being able to play as Tranmere and not have to play against Real Madrid - and then Tranmere went and got relegated).

Perhaps it's because I'm still in the lower leagues in myClub. I haven't even had anyone put their foot on the ball and shield it for half an hour like you get in the other game...
Ah ok I don't touch myClub as to be honest I can't stand FUT and myClub is essentially the rip off PES version. In the online matches I have played on the other title I haven't had anyone do the shielding crap thus far but then again maybe I haven't played enough matches.

I very rarely play online, but last night I had about 20 minutes before going to bed and I knew if I got involved with the ML I'd be there for 40 minutes, fiddling about with different things.

So I stuck myClub on (which I'd previously set up, ready to go), and, wow.

I was passing the ball around, keeping possession and waiting for the right pass - and so was the other guy. I had an absolute blast. Managed to score a goal in the 7th minute and then essentially rode my luck for 83 minutes, but even so. :D

I mean, when I logged in I had enough free credits to buy 10 superstars, which really pisses me off (let me earn it, Konami), but, seriously - they deserve a lot of credit this year, and I don't say that lightly (and I know there's still lots wrong).

Actually itching to go home and play ONLINE, for a change.
I don't play much MyClub but I think huge part of your enjoyment comes from playing someone that plays your style of game. By that I don't mean the difficulty or play styles, what I mean is the opponent is playing soccer how it should be played (even when the video game isn't really a 100% delivering on that. We know it's really bad in some areas.)!
so, i love playing local with my buddy's. They adapted (alright I forced them) to my style of play a little and sometimes the FIFA-combos shine through, but it's bloody fun!!

still having a CL final Save file (against Real Madrid playing ManUnited) on my PS4! From time to time I play it. Never won. :D

I don't play much MyClub but I think huge part of your enjoyment comes from playing someone that plays your style of game. By that I don't mean the difficulty or play styles, what I mean is the opponent is playing soccer how it should be played (even when the video game isn't really a 100% delivering on that. We know it's really bad in some areas.)!
so, i love playing local with my buddy's. They adapted (alright I forced them) to my style of play a little and sometimes the FIFA-combos shine through, but it's bloody fun!!

still having a CL final Save file (against Real Madrid playing ManUnited) on my PS4! From time to time I play it. Never won. :D

I had a game like that once. CL semi I think and also against Madrid. Played it about 20 times trying to win it over three days, then eventually hammered them 5-1. Can't remember who I was, possibly lyon

I too have often wondered if the game loads up a certain level of difficulty every time you put the disc in. I'm so glad someone else has mentioned this because I didn't want to be labelled a crazy man.

I have, many times, loaded up a save and gone on to lose 4 or 5 in a row. I shut down the console and reload and win almost all of the same matches with the same tactics etc. It's like the game loads in an invisible parameter to determine how smart the AI will be on that play session. I really have noticed this.

It happens for fact!

Do any of you remember premier manager and player manager games? both had the same thing.

Player manager 97 or Prem 97 cant remember which one specifically but my mate would not turn off the damn console if he was winning, because he worked out that everytime he loaded up after a winning run he would get a losing one, then reload and get back a winning one. Insane!!

It happens for fact!

Do any of you remember premier manager and player manager games? both had the same thing.

Player manager 97 or Prem 97 cant remember which one specifically but my mate would not turn off the damn console if he was winning, because he worked out that everytime he loaded up after a winning run he would get a losing one, then reload and get back a winning one. Insane!!
Maybe this is what they meant by adaptive AI..it adapts the next time you play :)

Just one more day until we get new magical colours of various boots, a blonde haircut and hundreds upon hundreds of PES- heads claiming the gameplay has completely changed for the better/worse!

Just one more day until we get new magical colours of various boots, a blonde haircut and hundreds upon hundreds of PES- heads claiming the gameplay has completely changed for the better/worse!
:LOL: And option-file makers having to reset 100 individual players' appearances so that their new faces work... Not looking forward to it...

Cx8BDjmWQAA87dS.jpg

Cx8BDjUXgAEDPRc.jpg

https://twitter.com/officialpes/status/801364060436631552

Back
Top Bottom