PES 2017 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

Absolutely love how the low crosses work and look, it feels so good and realistic. Especially the low cross from side between the defence and GK on far post look just like in real life.

btw is there any way to force the player to kick the ball instead of heading it? There are a lot of situations, when a player is receiving a high ball, has a lot of space and time and still heads plays it with the head instead of leg.

Last edited:
Absolutely love how the low crosses work and look, it feels so good and realistic. Especially the low cross from side between the defence and GK on far post look just like in real life.

btw is there any way to force the player to kick the ball instead of heading it? There are a lot of situations, when a player is receiving a high ball, has a lot of space and time and still heads plays it with the head instead of leg.
It's all about positioning. Try moving your the receiving player back a little or to the side. It works!! Super Cancel is your friend! :)

@Isslander Good games last night pal. Feel like crap this morning but it was well worth it.

I am 2 hours ahead in SA so your 10pm is midnight here.

Forgot how amazing this game plays in manual and lesser teams with a stunning connection.

It got me wondering how many Evo webbers would be interested in a manual online league with 4 star teams or less.

Would be a great idea. I was part of a league a few years ago where we played two games a week, setting out deadlines etc. It worked really well.

Oh, but I can't play as I have it on PC :(

Someone on ps4 want to play in a full manual league of building a custom team of your choice within a budget? It's high commitment tho, 25 games per month. There's a market to buy/sell/trade between seasons. There 40 participants (mostly Italians) and it's been running for a few years. Registration is open for 2 more days I think. Pm me for info.

Other than that, there are other running leagues with lower commitment, but they are under way and I haven't heard about registration

PS2 stadia had better feeling to them, better texture, 2d crowd looked more real from distance. And i think at the end of the ps2 cycle we probably had more than 30 stadia.
WE10 (the last WE/PES with the Bundesliga and a licensed Bayern) had 38 stadiums, including ten from the 2002 World Cup, four from La Liga (Camp Nou, Bernabéu, Riazor and Mestalla), four from the Serie A (San Siro, Olimpico and delle Alpi) and FIVE from the Premier League (Highbury, Stamford Bridge, Anfield, Old Trafford and St James' Park). Even PES 2012 and 2013 had ALL the La Liga stadiums. That made MLs unforgettable. Really miss that.

How come that even when the PA is fixed to PA0, some players still have some sort of assisted pass (it has the green powerbar, not the yellow)?

The fouls are more inconsistent now,but if you play smart,you'll always draw fouls,they've toned down a few things,more space,not as aggressive etc
I can have 3 freekicks one game,then play a rival meeting and have tons of freekicks.
And the penalty situation needs sorting.
My first ML,on proffesional,I had 2 pen my first game,restarted my ML,and are now 9 games into my 3rd season,with EL/CL games every season,no penalty.
Needs addressing
penalty situation needs absolute sorting, it is as if cpu is allowed to kick ur ass and still get away with it with no foul, that is not acceptable in a game in 2016, the penalty situations are no where to be seen...

PES 2017 is the most obvious case of scripting in Master League. Went on to 10 win streak and then suddenly, my striker who scored 25 goals can't hit a barn door for god sake. 45 shots and 18 on target and 0 goal whereas the opponent gets 1 chance at the end and scores it. The goalkeeper of the CPU is superman.

Edit: Also, sometimes, I get input delay for no apparent reason. Probably means scripting is enabled.

Or basic through ball. There is no manual through ball, I don't understand why but that's the way it is

just experienced the complete opposite.

- when i set PA0 then trough balls are none existent since those are manual passes as well
- but when u have PA1-2-3 and trough balls set to advanced then only trough balls are manual

a trough ball is a regular low pass just played ahead of the receiving player! what am i missing here!? play manual with PA0 and your good! :)

when you check your settings you can see that for "through ball" there is only the choice between "basic" or "advanced". For shooting for instance, you have a "manual" setting.
If you try a thru ball with your PA0 setting, you will see that the jauge is green instead of being orange like it is for all your regular manual passes :))

- when i set PA0 then trough balls are none existent since those are manual passes as well
- but when u have PA1-2-3 and trough balls set to advanced then only trough balls are manual

Basic through ball is still pretty assisted in manual. You can have long passages of play like this:

It's a bit spammable, since unlike the other pass types X, O, or advance ∆, you don't really need to turn before passing. Plus it bails you out more with a blind pass, because it tends to snap to player. If you play in manual leagues, the setting is always in advance through ball every year, coz they all want to avoid any spammable moments in buildup. With advance ∆ you only really use the through ball about 5 times a game, it's risky.

If you play in division.... There's no control to what you use, even shooting can be basic. So I always suggest joining a league for a better experience.

when you use the "through ball" button, are you sure that those are manual passes ? Since the jauge will turn green when using the thru ball button

when you check your settings you can see that for "through ball" there is only the choice between "basic" or "advanced". For shooting for instance, you have a "manual" setting.
If you try a thru ball with your PA0 setting, you will see that the jauge is green instead of being orange like it is for all your regular manual passes :))
yeah right! i dont use the triangle button anymore since playing manual with PA0!! i rely on the X button for all low passes (be it direct or through pass)! so its up to me where the ball is going...
never seen a player with a special extra third leg only for through balls! ;)

surely fixing the no-pen situation is easy. Just add a "when fouled in box = penalty" line to the code.

Getting hacked to bits in the box all the damn time with no consequences. Played two whole seasons without a single penalty call going my way.

So many of the other infuriating Konami things have finally been fixed now, the bent refs stand out even more. It really is a joke. I got kicked in the chest the other day as I was shaping to shoot. Player looked like he'd been machine gunned. No pen. The replay was a treat.

Yeah, the amount of fouls which are not given is ridiculous. Though in the demo it felt ok, a lot of even the "little" fouls were whistled.

Think the fouls were ok before the update,now,not so much.
Pens?
Forget about it.
I guess that it's easier to draw fouls on lower difficulty,at least that was the case on proffesional vs Top player

Im not seeing the problems you guys are, I guess they way we play will be a big factor as well. Ive had penalties for and against since the 1.02 update, although I agree the ref will miss some obvious fouls, but overall it is quite good imho. I especially like how if you go looking for penalties you wont have a high chance of getting one.

I'm probably about 100 or so games in .played all different levels a mix of modes and controls and have not had one penalty ..I'd love to see some videos of penalties given..on another note this games really excels on exhibition mode with emotions turned off ..stats really matter and top players shine ..it seems to dwindle for completion modes with master league being the worse mode of the lot ..currently cup modes is what I'm enjoying from a competitive perspective

Fouls happen even after patch in some games. Yesterday Sevilla players were butchering me all over the pitch. 20 min game, 9 fouls for CPU, several yellow and a red card.

Back
Top Bottom