PES 2017 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

A couple of after patch thoughts:

- game almost became too easy on friendly matches, you need a master league game to really get a good challenge. But in master league the game has become much nicer, i even notice the CPU missing some easy goals on legendary, before patch they would never miss those.
- The lack of stadia is probably the biggest issue i have with the game right now, it almost makes the master league pretty pointless. Back in the ps2 time we had plenty of stadia...this is as bad as it can be on next gen consoles. And the stupid thing that u can't assign latin american ones to european clubs? who came up with that idea? I really like la bombonera...and can't even play on that one.
-Regarding fouls: i played a friendly game, torino vs liverpool (cpu). Liverpool got 3 yellow cards in the first half...if you need more fouls u gotta be smart with ur players, get ur finger off R1 and try some moves to make the AI miss the tackle.

@gomito#10 we had like 6 matches last night and they all were fun!! My FIFA buddy really liked playing PES on full manual. I really was surprised about his positive reactions in the current version of the game. He is playing FIFA pro league for years now and he couldn't believe how much different the games have become.
Licensing isn't an issue for him anymore, he said, when I showed him the teams and leagues and banner and flags in the stadium...! :)
We had so many fun moments. Unbelievable. What a night.
We gonna meet again next week to play some more!!
We did not play together last night because we got carried away by the game... again, so much fun!!

CwLWKGYXgAA5YHa.jpg

just WOW!
Shame there aren't more Stadiums.... and that they don't all look that good!

A couple of after patch thoughts:

- game almost became too easy on friendly matches, you need a master league game to really get a good challenge. But in master league the game has become much nicer, i even notice the CPU missing some easy goals on legendary, before patch they would never miss those.
- The lack of stadia is probably the biggest issue i have with the game right now, it almost makes the master league pretty pointless. Back in the ps2 time we had plenty of stadia...this is as bad as it can be on next gen consoles. And the stupid thing that u can't assign latin american ones to european clubs? who came up with that idea? I really like la bombonera...and can't even play on that one.
-Regarding fouls: i played a friendly game, torino vs liverpool (cpu). Liverpool got 3 yellow cards in the first half...if you need more fouls u gotta be smart with ur players, get ur finger off R1 and try some moves to make the AI miss the tackle.

Well said. The limited stadiums, in this day and age, is embarrassing tbh. Various sized fake ones will do, same with the lack of decent designed balls. The gameplay is excellent, just needs a few tweaks and additions for next year, so I hope that they can add a shed load of content and better game atmosphere etc.

Konami have to get the Dortmund and Liverpool dlc out sooner. They make these deals and although they were probably made late, they have to step it up and get that stuff out. Are two dudes working on that stuff or something?

@gomito#10 we had like 6 matches last night and they all were fun!! My FIFA buddy really liked playing PES on full manual. I really was surprised about his positive reactions in the current version of the game. He is playing FIFA pro league for years now and he couldn't believe how much different the games have become.
Licensing isn't an issue for him anymore, he said, when I showed him the teams and leagues and banner and flags in the stadium...! :)
We had so many fun moments. Unbelievable. What a night.
We gonna meet again next week to play some more!!
We did not play together last night because we got carried away by the game... again, so much fun!!

Yeah same. I've been getting new friend requests from FIFA manual guys switching to PES every week in the past few weeks, looking quite positive.

Yeah same. I've been getting new friend requests from FIFA manual guys switching to PES every week in the past few weeks, looking quite positive.
It's crazy. Like a lot of guys I know are having fun playing it this year.
Sure, some things are missed but the general mood is positive. :)
I'll play Dortmund now as a introduction to tonight's CL match. Would be so cool to do it in SI Park just tonight!!

I decided to pause my ML career to start a league with Man United. In the first game (community shield), I lost 8-0 to Leicester.

I slightly edited Vardy and Mahrez's stats to better reflect how they've been playing this season and played it again. This time I won 2-1 in extra time - fantastic game too!

Just made me laugh how ridiculous that first game was. They pretty much scored every single shot they had.

It's crazy. Like a lot of guys I know are having fun playing it this year.
Sure, some things are missed but the general mood is positive. :)
I'll play Dortmund now as a introduction to tonight's CL match. Would be so cool to do it in SI Park just tonight!!
I'm old school so it will always be Westfalen to me.
Acctually been there to.

Goalgerd.

About your tactics in your option file. Sounds like great work. I know there is a bit too much camping in own half from teams, even tho it got better on last update from konami.

Did u changed all teams? Cause if i play with man city for example and play against burnley...are burnley set to be more offensive? I want to get more chances to get one on ones with keeper, but in some games i think its more realistic if they camp and make it tight.

Goalgerd.

About your tactics in your option file. Sounds like great work. I know there is a bit too much camping in own half from teams, even tho it got better on last update from konami.

Did u changed all teams? Cause if i play with man city for example and play against burnley...are burnley set to be more offensive? I want to get more chances to get one on ones with keeper, but in some games i think its more realistic if they camp and make it tight.

yep i changed the full 650 teams, but in changing teams i changed their starting positions not their defensive mentality so weaker teams will still be defensive

Konami have to get the Dortmund and Liverpool dlc out sooner. They make these deals and although they were probably made late, they have to step it up and get that stuff out. Are two dudes working on that stuff or something?
They're a strange old company are Konami. Would love to be a fly on the wall in their PES offices.

@Isslander Good games last night pal. Feel like crap this morning but it was well worth it.

I am 2 hours ahead in SA so your 10pm is midnight here.

Forgot how amazing this game plays in manual and lesser teams with a stunning connection.

It got me wondering how many Evo webbers would be interested in a manual online league with 4 star teams or less.

They're a strange old company are Konami. Would love to be a fly on the wall in their PES offices.

I assume a stadium editor is probably general graphic editor for PES as well. Eg faces & other stuffs...maybe they share other things to do in the office and maybe they work for other Konami titles or they dont have permanent contract and have multiple work places and they just do stadiums for PES for a certain deadline.
Many possiblities.

still you do wonder if they ever read any forum over the past 20 years....

How long it will take them to put them a day/night selector? Or to implement a schedule where you don't play 4 games in row at home? How long before they got rid of auto replays after fouls and replays? Sometimes i spend more times skipping replays than playing the game. I am not sure i see any reason for offside replays unless a goal has been scored. Same with fouling. It just takes away the momentum from the game. Also i really think 3d crowds is poorly made.

PS2 stadia had better feeling to them, better texture, 2d crowd looked more real from distance. And i think at the end of the ps2 cycle we probably had more than 30 stadia.

Little things that have come to annoy me so much over the years...

@Isslander Good games last night pal. Feel like crap this morning but it was well worth it.

I am 2 hours ahead in SA so your 10pm is midnight here.

Forgot how amazing this game plays in manual and lesser teams with a stunning connection.

It got me wondering how many Evo webbers would be interested in a manual online league with 4 star teams or less.

Yeah same, very refreshing, playing randos online is a mess and of course I only match up with pass assistance players, and usually the pressure whoring kind.

I think we just need to set something up, we should probably start a thread about it ;)

Yeah same, very refreshing, playing randos online is a mess and of course I only match up with pass assistance players, and usually the pressure whoring kind.

I think we just need to set something up, we should probably start a thread about it ;)

Do u have it set to "similar settings" when playing Online Divisions? Because then u only get paired with other people playing manual passing. It's still a lot of people playing with basic shooting but it's always something...;)

Back
Top Bottom