PES 2017 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

Started my 3rd ML season with AC Milan
All the things that have changed in the game,I'm not gonna go through which they are,you who play ML know,plus don't need the placebo/tin foil dudes coming out again..

Anyway,could be a placebo...but my first 5 Serie A games,4 have been day games.
I would say they have made some sort of adjustment regarding that.
In Serie A,the big teams,especially facing each other,almost always play the prime time game,Sunday 8:30 local time,so was a bit surprised when I played Juvetus in full daylight.

Is there really no one on here that doesn't feel the scripting and the relentless pressure the ai put on you when trying to score. And away games.they just dumb down all your players movements.make you misplace your passes.make your defenders have brain farts when you should be clearing the ball out.
Don't get me wrong I love this game.played pes for over 15 years.but please let the ai beat me fair n square not cheat me.thats the other games job.

I play on top player in master league witch feels like playing on superstar.not even guna try superstar Must be a nightmare.
Just wish they'd tone it Down a little bit.
The challenge is excellent without this scripting.

Last edited:
lads ive sussed it tonight, its all about the grass length!!

play 3 games with 2 of the same teams with each game on the different grass length setting

short grass makes the game amazingly responsive and adds ball bobble

normal grass slows the play down slightly and removes ball bobble slightly

long grass is a disaster, feels like the players are running in treacle and the ball is stuck to the pitch

try it, i had my grass setting on random so some game were amazingly responsive(short grass) and the rest were average

its amazing why konami would add this feature of long grass which makes the game play like crap!!

EDIT

play any game on settings day, summer ,weather fine, short grass and dry pitch and this game plays like pes6 in hd

Last edited:
Sometimes, they don't have to change the gameplay code to change how the game plays/feels...For example, some changes in stats of players, or faces/kit changes sometimes changes the loading time and the processing power can be more focused onto gameplay processing which makes things smoother and makes the game play different...

Does anyone know if applying the live update will mess up my bundesliga teams?? I downloaded the patch but didn't do the live update yet...(I'm sorry if this has been addressed already, couldn't find the answer when I was reading and may have missed it)

Without a doubt the gameplay has been changed. Here are some that I noticed.

- Shot speed has been tweaked
- Defender response time to passes has been slightly slowed (pre-patch the defenders will home in on a pass right away, making build up difficult unless you were using pass assistance)
- Player switching for passes has been tweaked so that it will search for the recipient based on pass power (pre-patch it will always select the closest player in the path of the pass)
- There are some animation speed/length tweaks so that it is easier to react to a successful tackle (pre-patch the animation ends quickly so it's hard to tell if you made a successful tackle or not, and which way your player was facing after getting the ball)
- Acceleration has been sped up a bit so using sprint is more effective (this may just be a result of the adjustment to the defender response time)

Without a doubt the gameplay has been changed. Here are some that I noticed.

- Shot speed has been tweaked
- Defender response time to passes has been slightly slowed (pre-patch the defenders will home in on a pass right away, making build up difficult unless you were using pass assistance)
- Player switching for passes has been tweaked so that it will search for the recipient based on pass power (pre-patch it will always select the closest player in the path of the pass)
- There are some animation speed/length tweaks so that it is easier to react to a successful tackle (pre-patch the animation ends quickly so it's hard to tell if you made a successful tackle or not, and which way your player was facing after getting the ball)
- Acceleration has been sped up a bit so using sprint is more effective (this may just be a result of the adjustment to the defender response time)

This was one of the first things I noticed. Through balls rarely work in the previous patch as they were intercepted, now the ball can pass straight past a defender who is close to it.

play 3 games with 2 of the same teams with each game on the different grass length setting

long grass is a disaster, feels like the players are running in treacle and the ball is stuck to the pitch

try it, i had my grass setting on random so some game were amazingly responsive(short grass) and the rest were average

its amazing why konami would add this feature of long grass which makes the game play like crap!!

EDIT

play any game on settings day, summer ,weather fine, short grass and dry pitch and this game plays like pes6 in hd

I don't think they want it to play like crap, just that the feature of grass length has a noticeable affect on the game speed. I also play on short grass.

Sometimes, they don't have to change the gameplay code to change how the game plays/feels...For example, some changes in stats of players, or faces/kit changes sometimes changes the loading time and the processing power can be more focused onto gameplay processing which makes things smoother and makes the game play different...

Does anyone know if applying the live update will mess up my bundesliga teams?? I downloaded the patch but didn't do the live update yet...(I'm sorry if this has been addressed already, couldn't find the answer when I was reading and may have missed it)

live updates resets all imported data, you need to export your bundesliga first then import it again after you do live updates

Is there really no one on here that doesn't feel the scripting and the relentless pressure the ai put on you when trying to score. And away games.they just dumb down all your players movements.make you misplace your passes.make your defenders have brain farts when you should be clearing the ball out.
Don't get me wrong I love this game.played pes for over 15 years.but please let the ai beat me fair n square not cheat me.thats the other games job.

I play on top player in master league witch feels like playing on superstar.not even guna try superstar Must be a nightmare.
Just wish they'd tone it Down a little bit.
The challenge is excellent without this scripting.
I feel that this has massively improved post patch. Prior to this I was very disappointed with the Inconsistency in ML with the issues you mentioned.

EDIT

Havent played much PES 6 recently i guess :D

Lads which data version should I be on? Not played for a couple weeks but was there not a data pack out last thursdsy? I don't have the Dortmund or Anfield stadia in my game.

1zcemab.jpg

Last edited:
Right now,playing ML,this game is by far the best football game I've ever played.
Those who don't enjoy this...
Gameplay is so balanced,and discovering new things constantly,how to play the game better
Stunning!
Please don't touch anything with the next patch

7 games in on my Serie A ML,5 day games.
And fouls,yes and no,felt less fouls at the start,but now it's back to were it was pre patch.
Not counting the Derby though,11 Yellows 2 Reds and 2 injuries.

After playing for a few solid days, here are my thoughts on the patch.

- The game has slowed down
- keepers come out of there line a lot more, which is a massive positive.
- playing on manual, massive difference in shooting power between players
- wrong leg passing/shooting a lot more pronounced.
- Iv seen a lot less bullshit back heel perfect passes, when you try to do an impossible pass, players will actually turn around and try passing, unless you have the back heel card ability.
- The AI isn't as hectic to trying to constantly get the ball off u at a ridiculous pace, as a few guys here have mentioned,
- definately a lot more midfield battles, massive plus for me.
- also stamina is a lot more pronounced in this patch, which is another massive plus for me.
- first time in a very long time konami brang out an awesome patch which fixed quite a few areas that mattered. Fantastic work.
man, i was going to wait until after Liverpool stadium update to buy, but your killing me, i don't want to wait anymore...

Back
Top Bottom