PES 2017 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

Only had one ML match, couldn't really tell if there was a difference. Although I did dominate the game, and didn't concede a last minute bullshit equalizer, which I suppose could be a hint of changes...

Or it could just be me being lucky for once.

guys do you think playing 11 min superstar is enough to get the narrow win in tight matches, sometimes i find myself heading for the nil nil score,i think i need to put 15 min..

Amazing the placebo flying around after a minor update.

The game plays exactly the same as before.
You don't have to agree with what others think but they way you say it is basically patronizing. I don't think many of us fantasizing here. Game play changes may not be announced but it's always there with every update even if it's so subtle. If you play the game really a lot, you can easily tell.

Last edited:
I wish u could play 15min matches in Online Divisions. When playing manual the matches are so even and hard to get chances that it really would benifit from being longer.

Just because they say they haven't modified gameplay, I would say my experience as adjusting statistics/ratings of players has altered gameplay. So, if they modify teams or players, in any way, then gameplay will always be adjusted as a side effect. Look at how FIFA had 6 or 7 patches, all said no gameplay changes, yet everytime there was proof that an animation had either A) dissappeared or B) reduced or C) increased.

gmaeplay has tottally chagnend, it is def more responsive..

Totally changed? No. Just no.

You don't have to agree with what others think but they way you say it is basically patronizing. I don't think many of us fantasizing here. Game play changes may not be announced but it's always there with every update even if it's so subtle. If you play the game really a lot, you can easily tell.

It's not a case of agreeing or disagreeing. The developers have said they didn't change the gameplay. I'm seeing zero changes from before.

It's not a case of agreeing or disagreeing. The developers have said they didn't change the gameplay. I'm seeing zero changes from before.

That's exactly my point, game play changes may not be announced but it's always there with every update even if it's so subtle. They will probably won't announce unless it's really major game play changes. Just like one of the posts above says, you modify player or tactics it impacts the game. Anyway, what we think it does not matter as long as we enjoy the game.

If it's quite okay to provide video evidence, then, please look here.

Before example video:

-Before, the CPU would instant retreat, meaning the second they lost the ball - they'd run sprinting back.

Now example video (not mine, but minute 30:49):

- Now, they are staying in the attack, and maintaining their position in transition.

That alone changes the gameplay because now the players do not sprint away, thus opening huge gaps and players being completely open, especially down the sides.

Gameplay is fantastic but rest is poor.

Chants is poor
Graphics on wide camera is poor
Turf is poor
Lighting is poor
Atmosphere is poor
Lack of European stadia is terrible

Overall package is poor. 3 months waiting for two stadia is sick, new models of boots in update shows how poor team has Pes. They doesn't understand modern games in this era. Pes looks like free to play football game if you look for content. Official Pes on twitter say 10x a day how lovely update they gave us. Superb boots and 30 unknown players. sick!
They need to add more stadiums to begin with. Not sure how difficult it is to create generic ones. More atmosphere needed for sure but visual on PS4 are not bad at all. May depend on the TV set and camera angles but visuals in daylight in some stadiums look stunning. I am using broadcast cam on 4k LG 50 inch TV

what do u mean real stats?
IF you play 0 min youll probably get stats closer to a full 90 min games,shots/offsides/tackles etc.
it's harder to get those in a 5-10 min game,or even at 15 min.
Some don't care about that,I do,and I find it as realistic as it can get

mortazavi20101225080621810.jpg

Flooding the streets of PES Town
+100000

If it's quite okay to provide video evidence, then, please look here.

Before example video:

-Before, the CPU would instant retreat, meaning the second they lost the ball - they'd run sprinting back.

Now example video (not mine, but minute 30:49):

- Now, they are staying in the attack, and maintaining their position in transition.

That alone changes the gameplay because now the players do not sprint away, thus opening huge gaps and players being completely open, especially down the sides.

ive done that for my optionfile

Definitely not. I used to edit every stat of the players to change the game play very slightly, down to 1 or 2 in certain stats and I could pick up a difference in how it felt. They may not have meant to, but result of some change they have done as part of the update, makes the game smoother, increasing players response times lead to more players in space as they control the ball and move better. The game previous to the patch was very tight, by that I mean that you had virtually no time to think on the ball once inside the oppositions half. Now you more time and players also seem less likely to try to take it off you on lower levels

I have gone from professional on the old build to superstar on this build to get the same competition in my games. I play versus mode and you can see my game scores going back to when I got the game, they suddenly changed after the patch from draws and losing, to win after win and by large amounts of goals until I put the difficulty up

What could be affecting some people not seeing this, could be that they are playing different modes, where difficulty hasn't changed

Last edited:
I can look back in my versus games scores to see the difference.

About 40 games played on

Definitely not. I used to edit every stat of the players to change the game play very slightly, down to 1 or 2 in certain stats and I could pick up a difference in how it felt. They may not have meant to, but result of some change they have done as part of the update, makes the game smoother, increasing players response times lead to more players in space as they control the ball and move better. The game previous to the patch was very tight, by that I mean that you had virtually no time to think on the ball once inside the oppositions half. Now you more time and players also seem less likely to try to take it off you on lower levels

I have gone from professional on the old build to superstar on this build to get the same competition in my games. I play versus mode and you can see my game scores going back to when I got the game, they suddenly changed after the patch from draws and losing, to win after win and by large amounts of goals until I put the difficulty up

What could be affecting some people not seeing this, could be that they are playing different modes, where difficulty hasn't changed
Less frantic,less pressing,more space,more time.
Agree,I played arsenal last night in ML,and that was so tough,not pressing,but covering space and not letting me establish anything in the final third.
But hey,people will always troll.
Totally agree with you

there is definitely a gameplay difference, although on the pc version i dont know about ps4, but pc definite change.

Less frantic,less pressing,more space,more time.
Agree,I played arsenal last night in ML,and that was so tough,not pressing,but covering space and not letting me establish anything in the final third.
But hey,people will always troll.
Totally agree with you

Yep and this is what Konami said the patch would include

"Minor adjustments have been made to a variety of modes to improve the general gaming experience."

I think what is happening is that the people that don't like the game are still focusing on the things they don't like about it. So they don't notice the subtle changes.

But we love it so we notice the little tweaks made.

I really cannot understand why those that don't like it keep playing it and keep reminding us why they don't like it. Please play FIFA or PES5 of something. ;)

Yep and this is what Konami said the patch would include

"Minor adjustments have been made to a variety of modes to improve the general gaming experience."

I think what is happening is that the people that don't like the game are still focusing on the things they don't like about it. So they don't notice the subtle changes.

But we love it so we notice the little tweaks made.

I really cannot understand why those that don't like it keep playing it and keep reminding us why they don't like it. Please play FIFA or PES5 of something. ;)
agree on that big fella.
we who love it,we can tell the small changes for sure,getting to old to get pissed off.
good alternatives,fifa or Pes 5,id probably suggest Lego or Blokko (the cheap knock off) to them
good post mate.
got started after the update yet?

what this game needs are two things:
1-frostbite engine(lighting in day matches is astonishing)
2-fifa 17 nets(they are just superb).
and thats it my dream is done.

Agreed. Nets have been poor in pes for quite some time now. Fifa's net animations are good but even they have been unable to replicate the actual look and size of some real life stadium nets such as the ones from the Bernabeu. They are square and deep. Others from south America are smaller and very loose which react differently to ball impact.

Net variation, sound, and feel, like real life, are important because they add another level of satisfaction and immersion to a futbol sim game. I've been saying this for years.

Agreed. Nets have been poor in pes for quite some time now. Fifa's net animations are good but even they have been unable to replicate the actual look and size of some real life stadium nets such as the ones from the Bernabeu. They are square and deep. Others from south America are smaller and very loose which react differently to ball impact.

Net variation, sound, and feel, like real life, are important because they add another level of satisfaction and immersion to a futbol sim game. I've been saying this for years.
i dont care about how deep they can be, they look fine in pes, but the net movement is key, football kingdom was my dream net physics for pes

what this game needs are two things:
1-frostbite engine(lighting in day matches is astonishing)
2-fifa 17 nets(they are just superb).
and thats it my dream is done.

At night, lighting is so shit tho and doesn't resemble real life stadiums lighting. But yes Day matches look good. On the other hand, PES has better looking night matches, it's not even comparable. One is so dark and the other one is closer to the real thing. It's just those little details like bad turf textures and colors that destroys the overall look for PES.

Tbh FIFA nets are horrible, it's too heavy looking, and sometimes it just doesn't look right. If you watch the replays you will know what I mean. PES from far away the nets look decent, up close its like a spider web. I think PES 2011 or 2012 did the nets correctly.

At night, lighting is so shit tho and doesn't resemble real life stadiums lighting. But yes Day matches look good. On the other hand, PES has better looking night matches, it's not even comparable. One is so dark and the other one is closer to the real thing. It's just those little details like bad turf textures and colors that destroys the overall look for PES.

Tbh FIFA nets are horrible, it's too heavy looking, and sometimes it just doesn't look right. If you watch the replays you will know what I mean. PES from far away the nets look decent, up close its like a spider web. I think PES 2011 or 2012 did the nets correctly.
i an not talking about the shape or if the squares are wide or not, im talking about the net movement when the ball hits them its superb.

Back
Top Bottom