PES 2017 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

we9 had surely better ball physics and crossing felt great, now i am afraid when you cross the ball you feel like you are throwing a rock, and if nobody manage to hit the ball, the ball ends up on the other side with a weird ball spin.

Another thing to get rid of: the animation where the goalkeeper stays in air half an hour looking like an angel just to catch an easy ball. always make me laugh.

I also never got into the new free kick system, i guess i am still programmed for the old school games.

So, some people say it's slower. Some are saying it's faster.

Scientists would love using some of you guys as subjects when testing PES patches and placebo effect!

:LOL: ;)

and Ganso, Rode and more....
Meyer used to have a face back in pes 2015, they somehow messed up and have a different id in pes 2017...

I have a feeling though that they may be added back in next month for update 2.

Konami have never before gone with a player database release cycle like this years. Syncing 'Live Update' with the offline database has been a change of pace for them which they have implemented following last years roster fiasco. Because their small team is overburdened, they will most likely copy last year's November pack.

Konami have always unofficially patched games with slight tweaks ask any regular Pes player. . ..I haven't played it myself yet so can't give a personal opinion.
You'll notice a huge difference,trust me,people who claim there's no changes haven't played the game,or haven't played the game enough.
Remember last year when people slagged off 16 by habit,and we realised it had changed massively
It's there Dec,and it's fucking great

Huge difference pre and post patch. AI pressure less and give you more time on the ball, catch up tweaked, shooting and crossing slighty better.

You can't miss these things. Playing on legendary 12 min, full manual.

Huge difference pre and post patch. AI pressure less and give you more time on the ball, catch up tweaked, shooting and crossing slighty better.

You can't miss these things. Playing on legendary 12 min, full manual.

This. The ai pressuring you less on the ball is the most notable. I preferred how it was for this though. Most of my games have changed now to me having possession and them hitting on the break, which isn't as good as an actual game where both teams were fighting for possession

Good news. Much needed improvements, in my opinion. Had annui with this, but now I'll have to give it another try after not playing for several weeks.

Last edited:
This. The ai pressuring you less on the ball is the most notable. I preferred how it was for this though. Most of my games have changed now to me having possession and them hitting on the break, which isn't as good as an actual game where both teams were fighting for possession
I am afraid i have to agree here. Game does not feel challenging anymore, i like the previous tight games better. Last night i went coast to coast a couple of times with no challenge whatsoever...felt wrong. I guess i can just delete the update right? I could not care less about a few faces here and there.

Huge difference in gameplay.
CPU building up play,much more responsive.
I'm on 20 min and manual,and it's like night and day

I haven't played it yet but I'm going with what you are saying because you play the game so much. Those that play it more will find more changes...those that play it less...eh...less. :)

game feels more responsive and slightly faster on -2 speed. Still plays like the best footie game ever. Also it was weird player faces that i did not have before showed up, and this is with a modded option file from pesuniverse. Did they fix the problem with importing data all teams at once?

I am afraid i have to agree here. Game does not feel challenging anymore, i like the previous tight games better. Last night i went coast to coast a couple of times with no challenge whatsoever...felt wrong. I guess i can just delete the update right? I could not care less about a few faces here and there.
We had heard lots of complaints about the game being too difficult (CPU defense too good). My guess is that this is the response to those complaints. Let's hope they didn't tone it down too much.

I don't think there's a way to delete the patch on PS4. Or is there?

Haven't played post patch yet, but (unfortunately?) allowed my PS4 to install the patch yesterday. Original idea was to not allow patches before I had heard of their effect to gameplay.

Does anyone know what league the legends teams over at pesuniverse replaced?

I want to install this file but without having to start fresh with a new edit data as they are instructing. I want to just install and replace an existing league instead.

Played 3 matches this morning. Absolutely no gameplay changes whatsoever from what I gathered.

Game still feels brilliant to play.

I noticed differences immediately. I thought the pitch looked better on my TV in the stadiums mentioned previous post. The games feels less frantic..Man U played very defensively. I just could not break them down on regular mode full manual. I liked it before but like it even more. Problem is im not sure if its patch or option file im using. Anyway still great to play.

We had heard lots of complaints about the game being too difficult (CPU defense too good). My guess is that this is the response to those complaints. Let's hope they didn't tone it down too much.

I don't think there's a way to delete the patch on PS4. Or is there?

Haven't played post patch yet, but (unfortunately?) allowed my PS4 to install the patch yesterday. Original idea was to not allow patches before I had heard of their effect to gameplay.
You shouldn't be worried JB, might feel easier,because you have more space,they don't pressure you as frantic as before,but you being on SS and 20 min,it's still challenging.
I have a hard time scoring,you need to break down defence better now,once your around the box,it's hard as hell.
Loving the way you have to keep possesion and look for gaps,and having a few sharp players,they can really do damage to weak defenders.
You'll love this patch

I haven't played it yet but I'm going with what you are saying because you play the game so much. Those that play it more will find more changes...those that play it less...eh...less. :)
Initially it feels less hard,but where it counts,still hard,very hard.
I've had 2-1, 0-0 1-0 1-1 so far,on TP 20 min.
Love that you can slow the game down,and CPU doesn't press you all over the pitch,once your in or around the box,they'll shut you down,hard.
Mind you,I play with a very good team.
Loving it G
And I'll think you'll love it to.
And...yeah,agree on the less thing.
Can't stop playing it.
Feels a bit like playing FIFA 16, with good sliders,and with the Konami gameplay mix in.
Makes sense?
Get in G

Does anyone know what league the legends teams over at pesuniverse replaced?

I want to install this file but without having to start fresh with a new edit data as they are instructing. I want to just install and replace an existing league instead.
wondering same thing... Dude we should play online!

I will play some more games over the weekend - I didn't notice this morning BUT I haven't played PES for a while until is morning so that's maybe why?

I am waiting for the Pro - no point starting a Master League until then.

After playing for a few solid days, here are my thoughts on the patch.

- The game has slowed down
- keepers come out of there line a lot more, which is a massive positive.
- playing on manual, massive difference in shooting power between players
- wrong leg passing/shooting a lot more pronounced.
- Iv seen a lot less bullshit back heel perfect passes, when you try to do an impossible pass, players will actually turn around and try passing, unless you have the back heel card ability.
- The AI isn't as hectic to trying to constantly get the ball off u at a ridiculous pace, as a few guys here have mentioned,
- definately a lot more midfield battles, massive plus for me.
- also stamina is a lot more pronounced in this patch, which is another massive plus for me.
- first time in a very long time konami brang out an awesome patch which fixed quite a few areas that mattered. Fantastic work.
I don't see how others don't see some game changes after the patch. If I had to write what I noticed changed it would have been what you pointed out. No doubt the game has more weight to it after the patch. Slowed down for sure.

I don't see how others don't see some game changes after the patch. If I had to write what I noticed changed it would have been what you pointed out. No doubt the game has more weight to it after the patch. Slowed down for sure.
Same here,people who write it's a placebo or whatever,they're way fucking off.
Huge difference
And I've tried to write down changes,see my posts on it,I'll think you'll agree on them

After playing for a few solid days, here are my thoughts on the patch.

- The game has slowed down
- keepers come out of there line a lot more, which is a massive positive.
- playing on manual, massive difference in shooting power between players
- wrong leg passing/shooting a lot more pronounced.
- Iv seen a lot less bullshit back heel perfect passes, when you try to do an impossible pass, players will actually turn around and try passing, unless you have the back heel card ability.
- The AI isn't as hectic to trying to constantly get the ball off u at a ridiculous pace, as a few guys here have mentioned,
- definately a lot more midfield battles, massive plus for me.
- also stamina is a lot more pronounced in this patch, which is another massive plus for me.
- first time in a very long time konami brang out an awesome patch which fixed quite a few areas that mattered. Fantastic work.
Got blown away my first game,HD to play another game straight away,still got blown away

Hi everyone.
My experience with the game goes like this
Started a league in league mode on top player.the game played well.not to hard not to easy.
Then sorted my option files out and started a master league on top player.
To me it felt like playing on superstar
It felt very scripted with all my shots going just wide or over.the AI felt very aggressive
Giving you no space in the final third of the pitch.
Also towards the end of games I could feel the AI momentum witch was unstoppable at times.
So decided to take the level back down to professional.and the game felt less scripted but the AI felt dumbed down when attacking.I think there needs to be something in between.
Anyway what do you guys think

Played one game with the new patch, bet can't say I noticed any changes. Not saying they are not present though. Need to play more.

i got the same feeling.
more weight and slowed down a notch

Back
Top Bottom