PES 2017 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

With the good reviews, i wanted to try this game and see if it was really back to the ps2 quality pes. The game is fun and varied, probably the best pes since pes 6, but this game is still a few step behind pes 5/we9/we9le imo. The individuality was precisely better represented in pes 5, maybe because of the stats system, i just don't get the new stat system since pes 2014. How can you play a football game without an acceleration stat for example ? The catch-up bug is also annoying. There is still work to balance the cpu, superstar feel cheated and top player is too easy. Conclusion : Best game since pes 6, but not enough to put we9le to rest imo, BUT i have hope for future pes.

forget konami and their shitty updates, ive already fixed their biggest gameplay problem

defensive lines playing and positioning properly was the biggest problem from the demo and final game, happy to have them working now and not playing 20 yards behind their midfield
enjoying your file at the moment. thanks.
one question though. what did i do wrong if i am getting grey faces at the player screen when in gameplan?

With the good reviews, i wanted to try this game and see if it was really back to the ps2 quality pes. The game is fun and varied, probably the best pes since pes 6, but this game is still a few step behind pes 5/we9/we9le imo. The individuality was precisely better represented in pes 5, maybe because of the stats system, i just don't get the new stat system since pes 2014. How can you play a football game without an acceleration stat for example ? The catch-up bug is also annoying. There is still work to balance the cpu, superstar feel cheated and top player is too easy. Conclusion : Best game since pes 6, but not enough to put we9le to rest imo, BUT i have hope for future pes.
Did u really give it a fair try? I mean sometimes it takes more than a couple of exhibition games to create an impression. Did you try different control settings, camera angles, game speed etc. ?

One of the things I've noticed,onlybone game in on my 3rd ML,the gameplay is less hectic.
one of the last games I played yesterday was vs Juventus,and now I'm playing them again.
less frantic,much more midfield play.
could be placebo,but since I played them yesterday,well don't think so.
feels more balanced,much better.
20 minute -1 and top player manual

I'm just happy Konami didn't make any major changes to the gameplay. They know they are on the right path. And now that they don't have to worry about the gameplay, they can concentrate on putting in features from the old gen era. That's how they used to operate.

A few more things
More weight to the game,you don't just stumble when challenge and lose the ball,players keep their balance better and retain the ball more

Better outcome in 50/50 duels with the CPU,same thing with headers.
I saw the CPU players getting tired at the end of my game,you had more chances of beating them one on one.

CPU players looked less relentless and effective,TP at manual could be very tough at times,felt more even,them making more mistakes.

And me leading in the final minutes,they had their GK up for a corner.

For us who've enjoyed this game in ML,I have to say I love it even more now,and for us who have played it a lot ,we see and feel the difference,it's there,trust me.
Hopefully it won't affect scripting,it was a bit rough before,better than 16 of course,but let's hope it's gone,or at least at the same level as before.

Last thing,played it on 20 min,and the were very even,possesion 46-54,pass% 72-71 tackling/challenges being very high.
Like I said,you who loved it before,you'll love it even more

I'm just happy Konami didn't make any major changes to the gameplay. They know they are on the right path. And now that they don't have to worry about the gameplay, they can concentrate on putting in features from the old gen era. That's how they used to operate.
The gameplay has become even better,calmer,less hectic,more weight

Leaving out the many, many faces of players that were in PES 2016 from this datapack is really dumb (and actually unlike Konami in this instance).

Dante, Rod Fanni, and all those players who were added as generic 'Live Update' entries into the day one update still look like shit then.

Could be that they will be added back in November, as that is what happened last year with faces brought back from PES 2015 (like Kuyt for instance). Konami still publicised them like they were brand new additions, but I don't mind that. See this article from last year: http://winningelevenblog.com/blog/pes-2016-update-1-02-data-pack-1-out-now/

and Ganso, Rode and more....
Meyer used to have a face back in pes 2015, they somehow messed up and have a different id in pes 2017...

After playing for a few solid days, here are my thoughts on the patch.

- The game has slowed down
- keepers come out of there line a lot more, which is a massive positive.
- playing on manual, massive difference in shooting power between players
- wrong leg passing/shooting a lot more pronounced.
- Iv seen a lot less bullshit back heel perfect passes, when you try to do an impossible pass, players will actually turn around and try passing, unless you have the back heel card ability.
- The AI isn't as hectic to trying to constantly get the ball off u at a ridiculous pace, as a few guys here have mentioned,
- definately a lot more midfield battles, massive plus for me.
- also stamina is a lot more pronounced in this patch, which is another massive plus for me.
- first time in a very long time konami brang out an awesome patch which fixed quite a few areas that mattered. Fantastic work.

^ added to the above i've only had one match against man u and got 5 fouls all standing tackles and obstructions. Not sure if its patch or Chris's tactics in his option file

Well to be honest, I didn't see any actual gameplay changes after the patch ; Nevertheless, based on Jimi 's feedback, I will keep on playing and see if I reach to the same conclusion

I am afraid you are absolutely right. The arcade downfall started with the widely acclaimed pes6, which was a great package overall but dumbed down pes5 in many aspects.

The problem with all the pes after pes5 is defense: From that game on you just need L1 and X and you can steal the ball easily, no timing or tackling needed, just run over the player and 9/10 you take the ball. This result in the hectic, superfast feeling that the game gives me to this day and makes it unplayble on line. Back in pe5 you had to time your tackle, time it wrongly would result either in foul or in you player being left behind for missing it, which meant you had to be careful, especially in the box or close to it. It meant tactical defending, positioning and skills. Having a great defender with high tackle stats was really crucial.

Unless they bring back that concept of defending, the game will always be fun but not really a good simulation.

Also stats are a bit weird in this pes, in some occasion, regardless of the stats, the game goes into autopilot: just like with volley or some through balls, not matter what setting (0 or 1 in pass, manual or not in shooting). I think this all business of assistance is in general not good. Just give me two options: an old school stats based or a full manual where somehow stats are also included. All the rest is bs.

Anyway, after the patch the AI is less ferocious, you have more time on the ball, you can even make a few runs and the catch up bug had been addressed, the AI does not catch you in a eye blink. Also it seems to me it is not as easy as before to call the keeper for corners, buffon missed a few catches after the patch, before he would take almost all of them. Overall good patch, game feels a bit easier in comparison but i think it is fair this way.

P.S.
Some people claimed they played the patch for a few days? how come...? patch was out yesterday :-)

Did u really give it a fair try? I mean sometimes it takes more than a couple of exhibition games to create an impression. Did you try different control settings, camera angles, game speed etc. ?

Yeah, i tried between 10 and 15 games, and not only on exhibition mode. Default control settings and full manual (btw i think full manual is too much user skills oriented). Default cam don't think it changes the gameplay, isn't it ? Game speed -1.
I repeat it's a good game, even a great game, but imo we9 is still more enjoyable and realistic, especially defensive-wise like someone said earlier. Anyway, i don't plan to leave this game definitely, will try another few games to see if my opinion changess.

Back
Top Bottom