PES 2017 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

Don't have to abuse the guy for having a different opinion.

@Deco

I didn't realise that! So things will be smoother and more enjoyable in Season 2 basically?

Both mine and Cowden's objection were not due to his differing opinion, but his elitism; the inference that he is the real PES fan and he sees what others can't, because he is the real fan and all that.

I actually went back to his post and, yep, there is that arcade/sim talk bollocks that has my eyes roll.

See if we continually reduce the debate or dissection of these games into sim/arcade, then we will never get the game we truly want. The absolute best football games have been a blend of both; they have to be.

Arcade games are easy to pick-up, demand excellent skill, timing, composure and instinct to master. I'm not being funny as you have been pretty sound, but don't those qualities remind you of ones that are required in a certain sport?

The best football game will be one which gets that blend just right that we don't talk about arcade/sim. We'll just call it football in videogame form. Konami and EA have flirted with getting this blend right. It just so happens that this year Konami have come closer than either for some considerable time. I'll say five years, minimum. Yes, PES2013 for me was a bit of triumph for me, and some will say a FIFA11 or other EA entry did so, but I currently feel this is the best PES, and by extension football game, for quite some time.

Not perfect though, and I posted last week in this thread about that which I would like to see improved/fixed/tweaked but I am, for the first time in a long time, talking about minor things as opposed to demanding complete re-building of code or animations/physics. There is still room for improvement and genuine innovation (I detest the fact The Journey is being viewed as this years big innovation in football games) in those areas, but it feels/looks like Konami are in a place where they could do exactly that. I actually think the weaker sales in the UK could actually benefit us players looking for more innovation in the series. The sales don't lie: the masses want FIFA. They don't need to make a game for the masses - the ten million+ - but for a solid three million. The series will do just fine with those numbers as the game isn't marketed at high risk and cost. FIFA needs to sell over ten million to cut even, Konami don't.

Don't have to abuse the guy for having a different opinion.

@Deco

I didn't realise that! So things will be smoother and more enjoyable in Season 2 basically?

Possibly. . depends on how well you play .. .less defeats more team spirit although it will go up gradually anyway. just takes a bit of patience .. .I know it can be incredibly frustrating. It can start bad in the 2nd season for a while but should pick up.

Both mine and Cowden's objection were not due to his differing opinion, but his elitism; the inference that he is the real PES fan and he sees what others can't, because he is the real fan and all that.

I actually went back to his post and, yep, there is that arcade/sim talk bollocks that has my eyes roll.

See if we continually reduce the debate or dissection of these games into sim/arcade, then we will never get the game we truly want. The absolute best football games have been a blend of both; they have to be.

Arcade games are easy to pick-up, demand excellent skill, timing, composure and instinct to master. I'm not being funny as you have been pretty sound, but don't those qualities remind you of ones that are required in a certain sport?

The best football game will be one which gets that blend just right that we don't talk about arcade/sim. We'll just call it football in videogame form. Konami and EA have flirted with getting this blend right. It just so happens that this year Konami have come closer than either for some considerable time. I'll say five years, minimum. Yes, PES2013 for me was a bit of triumph for me, and some will say a FIFA11 or other EA entry did so, but I currently feel this is the best PES, and by extension football game, for quite some time.

Not perfect though, and I posted last week in this thread about that which I would like to see improved/fixed/tweaked but I am, for the first time in a long time, talking about minor things as opposed to demanding complete re-building of code or animations/physics. There is still room for improvement and genuine innovation (I detest the fact The Journey is being viewed as this years big innovation in football games) in those areas, but it feels/looks like Konami are in a place where they could do exactly that. I actually think the weaker sales in the UK could actually benefit us players looking for more innovation in the series. The sales don't lie: the masses want FIFA. They don't need to make a game for the masses - the ten million+ - but for a solid three million. The series will do just fine with those numbers as the game isn't marketed at high risk and cost. FIFA needs to sell over ten million to cut even, Konami don't.
Fair enough mate.

The latest DFL Option file really is superb. I have written another installation guide, a little more in-depth this time. Hope it helps someone out there. I have just added J League and Liga MX so I literally have a fully licensed PES now.

Anyway;

PLEASE NOTE: SAVE REGULARLY - IF GAME CRASHES, SIMPLY REBOOT - ALWAYS TICK/CHECK SECOND BOX WHEN IMPORTING TEAMS

1. Install PES 2017 & Download Update

2. Boot PES - EDIT - Download LIVE UPDATE - Play Exhibition - Download Live Update (Choose YES) - Arrange Settings - Quit Out of Match

3. EDIT - Competition Structure - Change - PEU League - From 20 to 18 Teams

4. EDIT - Competition Structure - Change - PLA League - From 20 to 18 Teams

5. EDIT - Competition Structure - Change - PAS League - From 20 to 18 Teams

6. EDIT - Data Management - Import Teams - 20 Every Time (Keep a note of who next team is)

7. Delete Manager & Stadium Photos after Every 20 (EDIT - Data Management - Import/Export - Delete Images)

8. Import Competition Logos (Edit - Data Management - Import/Export - Import Images - Competition Emblems)

9. EDIT - Competitions: PEU League - Bundlesliga | DFB-Pokal | DFL-Supercup

10. EDIT - Competitions: PLA League - Liga MX | Copa Mx |

11. EDIT - Competitions: PAS League - J1 League | Japanese Cup | Japanese Super Cup

The latest DFL Option file really is superb. I have written another installation guide, a little more in-depth this time. Hope it helps someone out there. I have just added J League and Liga MX so I literally have a fully licensed PES now.

Anyway;

PLEASE NOTE: SAVE REGULARLY - IF GAME CRASHES, SIMPLY REBOOT - ALWAYS TICK/CHECK SECOND BOX WHEN IMPORTING TEAMS

2. Boot PES - EDIT - Download LIVE UPDATE - Play Exhibition - Download Live Update (Choose YES) - Arrange Settings - Quit Out of Match

6. EDIT - Data Management - Import Teams - 20 Every Time (Keep a note of who next team is)

7. Delete Manager & Stadium Photos after Every 20 (EDIT - Data Management - Import/Export - Delete Images)

8. Import Competition Logos (Edit - Data Management - Import/Export - Import Images - Competition Emblems)

11. EDIT - Competitions: PAS League - J1 League | Japanese Cup | Japanese Super Cup

This is good but I installed the German teams and I still have Dortmund, Leverkusen, and Shalke in one league, the others in a different league. No obvious way to line them up.

Seriously, the editing hoops to jump through in this day and age is pathetic.

Anyway;

and if game crashes remember to delete the images that copied over before the crash to save your space before installing again

This is good but I installed the German teams and I still have Dortmund, Leverkusen, and Shalke in one league, the others in a different league. No obvious way to line them up.

Seriously, the editing hoops to jump through in this day and age is pathetic.

competition structure, change peu league to 18 teams then move dortmund schalke and leverkusen

with kit saving now i have room for 450 stadium files, works out nearly every team in the game will have their own stadium picture as well as at least 3 kits

Ok I'm getting there.

How do I now import the classic teams into one of the other two leagues with fake teams? If I import as it is, they'll overwrite my Bundesliga teams right?

How in God's name do I set up a sub account and log into it with my second controller? I've just spent two whole hours pissing about trying to get this to work, going back and forth from the PS4 to the PC, and I can't figure it out. I thought I'd done it, but I logged into what I thought was a sub account and sure enough, I went into exhibition match and... not allowed to use the option file data.

Started ML today my game is 100% upto date thanks to Cristiano OF

Man ML is a hard slog with default ML players and a tight budget. I went nuts in last day of the window and now have 0 backup CBs LOL

Love it though

I'd advise you to start on professional. .. TP can be really tough going.

Finally managed to get a couple of games in Divisions on PA0. Sadly, I have to say, what a retarded mess that is. Because the passes arent on trails, the players act and react like total retards. Running around the ball without touching it, ignoring the ball when it is close to them etc. Really stupid, this problem is not on PA1.
Its a shame, because its a whole new level of this game and the matches were good, slow paced, but this is totally ruining it.

This year, in manual, you have to feed the pass into the path of the receiving player. Otherwise, the receiving player will have to fight for it, or he may even ignore it. I was just talking about this with a few friends the other day.

I'll give you an example:

What do u do next, in this situation?

MsOfXvE.png

I asked many of my friends, and they all have different answers. The question is this:

- How do you pass? What type of pass? What angle would you pass in?
- Do you pass now? Or do you pass later?

Some wanted to pass now, and immediately play the ball back to the ball carrier to activate a 1-2 run. So, I showed them this, and asked the next question:

T4jA5LM.jpg

- ......Which angle?

Someone chose the middle. But this year, it's tricky. Because:

raZjEB8.png

This year, you MUST pay attention to where the receiver wants the ball. It's not about where you want him to go, it's more about you, as the passer, supplying the receiver with a pass he wants.

So, if you play the middle option, or the left option, there's gonna be a momentary lapse in his response. The explanation for this, is because the guy wouldn't be there anymore, when your pass arrives. This is manual. The snap wouldn't protect you in this context, it wouldn't bring the guy back. If you don't play it into his path, he might need to fight for it, or he might even ignore it. You're gonna see a lot of this behavior when you play.

Last year it didn't matter so much, because manual was quite a bit more assisted, the snap would protect you a bit more. You can disregard a bit more about these details, of the receiver's direction. In 16, the only time it mattered, full manual, was when you played in 2v2 or 11v11. This year, in 17, you have to keep this habit even in 1v1 or 1v COM. You must play the pass into the receiver's path, for it to go well.

My friend who chose the middle option, he sent me this pic:
bpcPPqG.png

He said he wanted to do this. He wanted to play the ball to the forward, check the ball back to the midfielder, to activate a 1-2 run. This picture here, is basically classic ping pong passing. Well, it wouldn't work this year in manual. Because even the first pass would not go well. There's simply no snap on manual X pass this year, you can't rely on the snap to bring the player back (the middle and the left passing options would not activate any snap). You have to play the pass into his path, or you will have to deal with the consequences. It didn't matter so much last year, because 16's manual passing was quite a bit more assisted than this year's. You can't really force things like this to happen in 17. You have to play to accommodate your team mates. I really like this new behavior and I think it's a good step forward. You have to look at what each player is doing and utilize those clues from their body animation.

So, to sum it up. My advice is:
- DO NOT look for the snap when you play in full manual.
- DO NOT always just do what YOU want. Play in such a way that you accommodate the pass receivers.
- Also, try to hold the ball a little longer, things might change to your advantage. In a split second, your ball receiver might start an intelligent run like this:

v4jLjcw.jpg

Do not restrict yourself to look for the snap. The 3 options is what you see, when you are looking for the snap. Expand your angles. Take all the hints you can from your off-ball players, their movement, and their body animation. When you play the pass into the path of the ball receivers, everything goes nicely. That's how it should be anyway in real football.

I hope this sums up some of the frustrations of manual in 17. I've heard people say pass success is erratic and random, but I really don't feel that's the case. Give it a try!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom