PES 2017 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

This sums it up for me. People just seem to be calling bullshit on the game because they aren't winning. Less scripting and more sore losers.

Complete nonsense..for me I have no issues on top player and can hold my own on superstar in the ML it's just plain cheating at times ..if people just want to put it down to it happens in real football and live with it then fair enough ..problem is some of the things I have seen with less than average players just doesn't happen

Sore losers? I don't think so.

I am 10th in the league on my Boro save which is decent in my opinion.

My issue is that exhibition or cup games the game plays beautifully. As soon as I switch to Master League, teams like Burnley turn into Barcelona for 10 minutes if I score first.

It's ruining a great game because I refuse to play pointless exhibition matches all year long.

i play on regular difficulty, broadcast camera, manual shooting and passing.
it has midfield battles and great scoring fun....if you score that is.
i can't find joy in Fifa anymore...
Your right, regular setting is similar difficulty to PES 16 superstar, pro and onwards game is tough and very rewarding those higher difficulties you need to mix advance instructions and fluid formations if u want to open and succeed defences, whereas on regular if your not a fan of fluid formations or advance instructions you can still succeed playing on that difficulty.

I presume it's this one http://www.pes-patch.com/2016/09/pes-2017-ps4-dfl-option-file-2017-v3-0-by-cristiano92.html

Does anyone know if it's just a matter of using the most up to date version or do I need to install previous ones then update?

That is a link to V3, mate. You want v4 which is on PESGaming. The link can be a bit mental at times but I eventually got it download a few minutes ago.

@curdstar im not trying to win penalties but you'd think when I get into the box and am blatantly brought down I'd get one. I've not had one.

What are the scenarios you are talking about specifically? What dribble speed are running at and are you on the turn or have you tricked your man? Is it a crowded box? Are you latching on to a loose ball and being caught late? Have you tried diving? It does work.

Penalties, while not super-frequent, are absolutely in the game for the human player. I agree they could be doing with being just a tiny bit more a regular occurrence, though.

As for your corner issue. I would be more concerned with the frequency of corners being conceded. Next time you are in a game, identify who is getting on the end of the corner at the edge of the box. I honestly am not having any issues with defending from corners at all. COM still score now and then, but I don't think I am being cheated when I do.

Tip for corners when attacking: Use dash tactic. I got a flurry of goals using this tactic earlier in my ML season to the point I though I found an exploit, but in a rather pleasing turn of events, while I am still getting good delivery and a man on the end of corners using these tactics, the COM has started clearing off the line. It's as if the word is out on my chosen tactic. Adaptive AI? Who knows, but it is gem because I am meeting them flush and with power just like before but they have a man or two on the line now. Terrific stuff.

Sore losers? I don't think so.

I am 10th in the league on my Boro save which is decent in my opinion.

My issue is that exhibition or cup games the game plays beautifully. As soon as I switch to Master League, teams like Burnley turn into Barcelona for 10 minutes if I score first.

It's ruining a great game because I refuse to play pointless exhibition matches all year long.

Was going to quote hitmanuk as well.

I'm ijust not seeing this "playing like Barca" thing at all. Do I see a reaction from the COM if I take a lead? Yes, yes I do. Do they always score? No. Do they play literally like Barca? Absolutely not. Am I to blame for them proving successful? Yes. I am often to blame because of decision making either in the moment or tactically. This is the first PES, the first football game in a long time, where I have felt this.

A page or so ago I posted two images of my beloved Castledine and is effectiveness at certain tactics. It changes from player to player and I think there is growth over time regards a players tactical flexibility. I was guilty of going all out defence with the central areas being my focus point when trying to hold on to a lead and as a unit my team just weren't that well equipped to do so. Certain players had proficiency, but others didn't, so it all was very messy. I utilise the Tight Marking instruction in every game, with it being often the opposition's best striker who is subject to it. However, I also set marking assignments on top of that; I will mark the other of a two man strike-force, or the wingers. I will even mark SMF's, CMF's and even DMF's. I mark no less than four players with regularity.

If setting up the Tight Marking instruction, it unlocks if the player is subbed. If you see that get into Advanced instructions quickly and re-assign it.

It can't be emphasised enough that if your team isn't laden with 80+ and multi-skilled/traits/styled players then you are going to get some major push-back from the COM, as well as them playing to try unlock you as best possible. Requirements for support range, containment area and defensive line height will vary from game to game and even during certain games, with you being ahead by the odd goal circumstances in which the COM makes its own adjust ments there. The answer isn't always going down a notch in attack/defence level, but simply making a change tactically elsewhere. It works.

It might go unnoticed but the COM can set out to sucker you intentionally. Not by scripting (listen, this game, FIFA, every football game is scripted) but by wearing you down. If you are using an aggressive press and also the gegenpress liberally, you are asking for trouble. While you might be holding your own or, and I read this an awful lot, pummelling the COM in a game, they are sometimes doing this intentionally to wear you down. I said in a previous post that folk might not admit it, but they probably use 1-2's and pass and move more than they will happilly admit. This is probably more so when you feel like you have the COM on the ropes and are trying to overrun them as that is what it feels like you only need do. But sometimes they are sitting back and looking to absorb.

I got knocked out the Coppa d'Italia by Torino and they seemed so passive in the first leg which ended 0-0, then just more patient in the second but not playing with any great intensity. I was winning the ball and looking to pounce on them and it felt like they were there for the taking, but all they were doing was knackering me out with a combination of patient possession (me chasing them down) and me looking to go for the jugular. They won the match and the tie 1-0. I should've approached that game differently and it was completely my own fault. I got beat 2-1 by Spezia a few games later after 1-0 up, but again, I was getting both sloppy and didn't try to take full control of the game.

Nah, I just don't see this "COM Barca mode" at all in ML.

If you want a better paced, tactical affair, I strongly suggest -1 game speed. It will initially feel as too slow as I would feel 0 default is too fast, but you eventually bed in.

Okay, so seeing as I am in a good mood, and I am proud of my "Benevento Boys" achievements thus far this season, I will post my tactical layout...

CuzVAMbXEAArsv9.jpg

My preferred formation. 5-3-2.

Mattiello and Giorza as essentially wing-backs thanks to me having them trained up as Offensive Full-Backs and them both having the Track-Back skill, which I also trained them on.

Ferrini and Erlic are now trained up in Build-Up. Milillo is only 62 rated, but I will come back to him.

Pellini in DMF has Anchor Man and the other DMF Abelli has Track Back.

Cozzari is my CMF and I am currently training him in Hole-Player. To be honest, he already is; excellent return of goals from midfield.

Evan Castledine (I know he doesn't have a full first name, but I have given him one) "The Prince of Parga" is my number 10. Creative Playmaker trained and I am going to turn to trying to improve his stamina should we get promoted. 14 goals this season. An incredible player and arguably the most fun I have had controlling any player in any football game for years.

Maximilliano Lovera is an 19 year-old signed from Rosario Central. Pace-y, direct and has the Fox-in the Box playing style. He could prove to be an incredible player.

Notice how the Team Spirit is 90 there? Well...

CuzVFnGXEAQwgfm.jpg

A simple change from Agressive Pressuring to Conservative and the Team Spirit goes up to 91.

CuzVJ_oWAAAv3l2.jpg

Support Range is set to 3, but I sometimes go up to 4 during a game if I feel the lads are too compact against certain opposition.

CuzVQT8W8AA3EZ_.jpg

Defensive Line at 1 because while my team are pretty good, Giorza and Mattiello bombing on requires security at the back and the back three are effective like this and Pellini is tremendous back-up, with Abelli decent at plugging gaps too. Compactness at 4 as it currently just feels right from kick-off.

CuzVVKyW8AAaWMQ.jpg

Advanced Instructions is all about width. Utilising both Wing Rotation and Hug the Touchline amplifies Giorza's and Mattiello's attacking tendencies. So I essentially have wing backs. The combo of these Advanced Instructions, coupled with Giorza's and Mattiello's Offensive Full-Back style and them also having Track Back, means it asks a lot of them. But those boys have the stamina to cover every blade of grass on their respective flank. Mattiello is an absolute beast in the role, and he plays LWB as a right-footer. Players OPR can be mis-leading. Cozzari and Castledine offer close options inside when the play goes down the wings too. Physically demanding for them both, and thay are both knackered long before the 90, but Arcas/Lobato/Albertengo/Kessie can come in for the last 20 and do a job. Sometimes you just have to leave Casteldine "The Prince" on though, as although he tires, his touch and passing range means that even at walking pace he can be lethal.

CuzVdy-WYAAM18R.jpg

Aye, so Milillo. This guy is only 62 OPR and I signed him with 59 OPR. He will probably never reach 70 OPR but he is a GIANT, and him sitting in the middle of my defensive three sees him the main defence against crosses and his frame and not too shabby athleticism (in feel) just make him a bloody nuisance for opposition forwards: always getting a leg in or getting physical. Prone to some mistakes, but I love him.

Last edited:
Why do you want to shoot penalties? They are shit and the cpu is cheating there.

Penalties are functional. No cheating from the COM at all in my experience. They look good in replays and just wish we could take them and face them from gameplay cam as it looks fucking brilliant...

That is a link to V3, mate. You want v4 which is on PESGaming. The link can be a bit mental at times but I eventually got it download a few minutes ago.

so i just need v4 then? That will include all previous content?

Last edited:
recently started a ML campaign with Fulham, I have no real connection with that team, it was just to be able to play with an Icelander (Ragnar Sigurðsson). Last time I did that with Cardiff in PES 2015. I'm either having fruitless 1-1 draws or legendary matches, some of the best of my PES career. Funnily enough, I beat Cardiff 3-1 and two matches later, they sent me an offer to become their manager. Almost like they know I "used" to be there.

Just realised when taking those pics Cagliari are top of the league with me two points behind in second. Oh my...

Yep. Just v4 needed mate.
I am using v.4 too, must have linked to wrong one sorry.

Very good option file. They also get the kit and squad numbers font and size right, PES world don't.

Don't bother waiting for PES world by the way guys. There is no point - Cristiano's is great and licenses ALL leagues in one file.

Penalties are functional. No cheating from the COM at all in my experience. They look good in replays and just wish we could take them and face them from gameplay cam as it looks fucking brilliant...

I actually love the cam behind the taker as it is. .. can't see what the advantage would be in having the camera the way you would like it . . .it would be ridiculously hard to score on manual.

i play on regular difficulty, broadcast camera, manual shooting and passing.
it has midfield battles and great scoring fun....if you score that is.
i can't find joy in Fifa anymore...

Finally I found someone playing with the same exact settings!! I am not the only one then. The game is brilliant and very balanced on these settings. What I like bout regular that it's a bit less pressure from the CPU and game is a bit slower, that gives me the time to build up play. It's actually more challenging than what people think, especially if you play full manual with a camera like broadcast, which is the most realistic camera view BTW.

Last edited:
100% proof cpu cheats in pes 2017. earlier post today pointed out cpu played the ball clearly out of bounds but it was played on, didnt conceed a goal from it but christ i was filthy and still am
3YVN2at.jpg

Do anyone have advice when shooting controlled R2 - shots whit manual shooting. Just flies towards the corner flag...

I actually love the cam behind the taker as it is. .. can't see what the advantage would be in having the camera the way you would like it . . .it would be ridiculously hard to score on manual.

All about injury time winners anyway, mate. Thanks again for tuning in. Was oddly nervous throughout but that was a fun top of the table clash. That Castledine, eh? :))

[QUcOTE="curdstar, post: 3178494, member: 115364"]All about injury time winners anyway, mate. Thanks again for tuning in. Was oddly nervous throughout but that was a fun top of the table clash. That Castledine, eh? :))[/QUOTE]

Very enjoyable . .were you stagestruck for a few mins? ha ha. . .. Castledine plays great for me as well . . .I think you deserved to win .. .pity you ruined the result for me .. how was I so far behind in the play? . . . How did you miss that chance in the first half ..Arca? . . . tap in. . ..and your header was very close in the second half. . .I honestly thought you had no hope of winning as the match went on but you did . .well done.

[QUcOTE="curdstar, post: 3178494, member: 115364"]All about injury time winners anyway, mate. Thanks again for tuning in. Was oddly nervous throughout but that was a fun top of the table clash. That Castledine, eh? :))

Very enjoyable . .were you stagestruck for a few mins? ha ha. . .. Castledine plays great for me as well . . .I think you deserved to win .. .pity you ruined the result for me .. how was I so far behind in the play? . . . How did you miss that chance in the first half ..Arca? . . . tap in. . ..and your header was very close in the second half. . .I honestly thought you had no hope of winning as the match went on but you did . .well done.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, nervous for some reason, but would've been live broadcast or not!

Aye, that Arcas chance is actually why I love advanced shooting. It demands composure and is designed as such that it punishes instinct. Instinct being to point towards goal, and it will balloon over if you do that with advanced shooting. It is why I enjoyed my two goals as much as I didbecausee it was big moment stuff and placed them perfectly. Oh, Castledine...

Reckon the COM played long as I checked their team and Tsachtidis was their top assister and best form man, even though playing as a DMF, so I stuck Arcas on him in a man-marking job.

Loved it though, as scrappy and lacking in composure as I was.

Very enjoyable . .were you stagestruck for a few mins? ha ha. . .. Castledine plays great for me as well . . .I think you deserved to win .. .pity you ruined the result for me .. how was I so far behind in the play? . . . How did you miss that chance in the first half ..Arca? . . . tap in. . ..and your header was very close in the second half. . .I honestly thought you had no hope of winning as the match went on but you did . .well done.

Yeah, nervous for some reason, but would've been live broadcast or not!

Aye, that Arcas chance is actually why I love advanced shooting. It demands composure and is designed as such that it punishes instinct. Instinct being to point towards goal, and it will balloon over if you do that with advanced shooting. It is why I enjoyed my two goals as much as I didbecausee it was big moment stuff and placed them perfectly. Oh, Castledine...

Reckon the COM played long as I checked their team and Tsachtidis was their top assister and best form man, even though playing as a DMF, so I stuck Arcas on him in a man-marking job.

Loved it though, as scrappy and lacking in composure as I was.[/QUOTE]Y

Your formation is very good . .defensive but you compensate with the attacking full backs .. . .advanced shooting? I'll just stick to manual. .. .. ..I have to say I'd shit it playing live .. too self conscious. . .I was even nervous saving a match on the ps4. . .are you on top player or Superstar ? . .I went back down to professional but will go up to TP next season. . great match and you got the win.

Your formation is very good . .defensive but you compensate with the attacking full backs .. . .advanced shooting? I'll just stick to manual. .. .. ..I have to say I'd shit it playing live .. too self conscious. . .I was even nervous saving a match on the ps4. . .are you on top player or Superstar ? . .I went back down to professional but will go up to TP next season. . great match and you got the win.

Yeah, I'm loving the overlapping full-backs. Wasn't either Giorza or Mattiello's best games but Mattiello is a machine.

Playing on Top Player -1 speed, dude. Plan is to try get promotion then bump it to Superstar and take whatever happens. Another season or so then the plan is to introduce manual passing.

Finally I found someone playing with the same exact settings!! I am not the only one then. The game is brilliant and very balanced on these settings. What I like bout regular that it's a bit less pressure from the CPU and game is a bit slower, that gives me the time to build up play. It's actually more challenging than what people think, especially if you play full manual with a camera like broadcast, which is the most realistic camera view BTW.
yep, if they only knew..... I wouldn't change a thing.

lads sadly il have to admit defeat in making a file, konami have purposely broken the import team mode so you cant fill a full optionfile without overwriting another team , been working at it 5 days to find a solution and its pointless, gonna just play the game now with cristianos file

I am using v.4 too, must have linked to wrong one sorry.

Very good option file. They also get the kit and squad numbers font and size right, PES world don't.

Don't bother waiting for PES world by the way guys. There is no point - Cristiano's is great and licenses ALL leagues in one file.
i downloaded version 4.0 minutes ago. celtic kit is in 960x960 wich is really poor. in other european teams there are 1024 and 2048 kits... its a mix. wish it would all be 2048! anyway... bundesliga looks good.
is there no EPL and other european leagues included?? so i have to use different OF's to get the whole package!?

Rage incoming...at this point im so pissed and dissapointed how simplified and dull PES has become. Best PES ever? Best PES in the last decade? For who? Not for a PES fan.
Lets see the stats since this game supposed to be a stat based game to enjoy playing like Iniesta, Vardy but apart form some fancy pre-rendered exclusive animations...

Passing stat? Every player is passing with the same accuracy.
Shooting? Every player shooitng with the same accuracy, kicking power have a small range tho.
Tackling? Suarez can tackle just like Pique.
Sprinting? As soon as i turn around my defender with Neymar after 4 meters of getting away the slow ass 2nd league defender catching up easily.
Form? Its fucking random in competitions.
Weak foot accuracy? Cmon. See shooting.
Dribbling? Every player can get away with fancy tricks.

The stats that are still working properly...

Body physique.
Jump/Header.

Remember which game acted like this 10-15 yrs ago? FIFA, This Is Football. Arcade games. So sad.

Then Konami misunderstood the whole concept of passing assistance and manual controls that FIFA used, they copied it completely wrong. They made a heavily assisted stupid arcade game then put in a feature by turning everything to full manual and to let the sore oldschool PES fans learn new mechanics. And in the end they play the same game with the same teams, same players as there only their skills matter. Well fuck manual controls. PES is about stats.

There might be no hope for PES to return as kids buying this crap like candy and oldschool players are settled for manual controls for God knows what reason.

sigh...

341133_heroa.jpg

Perhaps another year with FIFA or another year with PES 6. Whats for sure there is a gap on the market at the moment for a stat based footy game.

Rage incoming...at this point im so pissed and dissapointed how simplified and dull PES has become. Best PES ever? Best PES in the last decade? For who? Not for a PES fan.

Stopped reading after the elitist crap in bold. Who the hell are you to dictate what a PES fan is? I've been playing this series from the very beginning, along with other footy games, maybe before you were born.

Did someone install the classic legends of from pesuniverse yet?!
I want to but I don't want to mess with my Bundesliga. Can I assign the teams to a specific league too?

Lets see the stats since this game supposed to be a stat based game to enjoy playing like Iniesta, Vardy but apart form some fancy pre-rendered exclusive animations...

Passing stat? Every player is passing with the same accuracy.
Shooting? Every player shooitng with the same accuracy, kicking power have a small range tho.
Tackling? Suarez can tackle just like Pique.
Sprinting? As soon as i turn around my defender with Neymar after 4 meters of getting away the slow ass 2nd league defender catching up easily.
Form? Its fucking random in competitions.
Weak foot accuracy? Cmon. See shooting.
Dribbling? Every player can get away with fancy tricks.

The stats that are still working properly...

Body physique.
Jump/Header.

Remember which game acted like this 10-15 yrs ago? FIFA, This Is Football. Arcade games. So sad.

Then Konami misunderstood the whole concept of passing assistance and manual controls that FIFA used, they copied it completely wrong. They made a heavily assisted stupid arcade game then put in a feature by turning everything to full manual and to let the sore oldschool PES fans learn new mechanics. And in the end they play the same game with the same teams, same players as there only their skills matter. Well fuck manual controls. PES is about stats.

There might be no hope for PES to return as kids buying this crap like candy and oldschool players are settled for manual controls for God knows what reason.

sigh...

341133_heroa.jpg

Perhaps another year with FIFA or another year with PES 6. Whats for sure there is a gap on the market at the moment for a stat based footy game.
Yeah sigh....
Such a snooze fest reading your crap,who are you to decide what a PES fan is?
so you're just shitting on us manual players?
And I have Sane beating defenders on pure pace constantly.

Back
Top Bottom