PES 2017 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

i downloaded version 4.0 minutes ago. celtic kit is in 960x960 wich is really poor. in other european teams there are 1024 and 2048 kits... its a mix. wish it would all be 2048! anyway... bundesliga looks good.
is there no EPL and other european leagues included?? so i have to use different OF's to get the whole package!?

Yes EPL is there mate, all of the leagues are.

Yes EPL is there mate, all of the leagues are.
where is it!? see pic from 4.0 below!
Y6oNCwy.png

version 3.0 is around 400mb bigger in file size!
put it in the pas asia league
thank you, mate. ill try that!

Forgive me but how can I install the PES Universe Classic teams into a different league so they don't overwrite the German League? I don't know how this stuff works.
I just downloaded Cristianos v4 all in one but I want the classic teams added after.

Oh, thats for PC man, don't worry this weekend i will release something so everyone can import them themselves, also in the coming weeks PES Universe will have all my tactics for the top 4 leagues (EPL, La Liga, Bundersliga & Serie A) Along with many more teams.
Thanks bro I will use pes universe files at mo until u release yours

Finally managed to get a couple of games in Divisions on PA0. Sadly, I have to say, what a retarded mess that is. Because the passes arent on trails, the players act and react like total retards. Running around the ball without touching it, ignoring the ball when it is close to them etc. Really stupid, this problem is not on PA1.
Its a shame, because its a whole new level of this game and the matches were good, slow paced, but this is totally ruining it.

Nooooooooo

Help me please. I updated to DFL OF and got over zealous and imported more than 10 teams at some point it crashed and I fixed what needed to be fixed but experiencing a few crashes during edit and ML mode

Do I meet to redo the entire OF from scratch with 10 teams at a time?

This would piss me off immensely

I've just played not only one of the best games I have had with this years PES, but one of the best games I have played in a football game ever. I got beat 2-1 in a rivals match. Maybe there was a "rivals" script running, but I honestly couldn't care less. The reason I never drew level (repeatedly) was entirely my fault, as were Frosinone's two goals... which were belters by the way.

It might take a wee while to edit and upload, but I will.

Fuck me, that was good.

I have come to the conclusion why Messi is not Messi online and it's all on button lag. The way he turns and jinks when there is no interference is phenomenal!

Online I always feel like he is too weak to be the great one, often losing the ball in tight spaces.

I am the type of player that likes to draw players with dribbling and as a result also concede alot due to the millisecond lag.

Nooooooooo

Help me please. I updated to DFL OF and got over zealous and imported more than 10 teams at some point it crashed and I fixed what needed to be fixed but experiencing a few crashes during edit and ML mode

Do I meet to redo the entire OF from scratch with 10 teams at a time?

This would piss me off immensely
You can do 20 at a time with the DFL one mate.

Save after every 20. If it crashes midway through importing, reboot game and do it again.

Always make a note of which team is next when importing. Start at top and count 20 at a time.

Really frustrated with how inconsistent Master League is. When you play against very low rated teams at times its as if they are on steroids. You never win a ball in the air. Your passes are intercepted as if the all the opponents are flash. They get to everything quicker and respond as if their life depended on it. Villa were playing like Barca tikka takka. So not enjoyable especially since a previous game against a top opponent was very realistic. Then the game scripts and makes you want to lose the next one with all its might.

Och, not the "Barca" stuff again. I haven't seen that once in ML.

I'm beginning to wonder just how much lower league football people watch, or much much they have played the sport in their lives. I've watched Partick Thistle produce Barca-esque football from out of nowhere in my times visiting Firhill over the years. It wasn't exactly like Barcelona, but bloody close, and me and my mates would turn to each other in shock when they strung a move together like that. It was of course isolated, but players/teams are capable of things you don't expect. I've watched Thistle string passes together creating a move that would make even Barca envious. Christ! Partick Thistle had a player called Chic Charnley and he was capable of Zidane like moments. He scored a goal from his own half that made Beckhams look a tap in... and he meant to do it.

That is why I go watch my team: in the hope of a result first and foremost but in the hope magic happens because magic does happen and it isn't confined to the top leagues or tournaments.

As for playing the sport, I've been part of the build-up and scored "Barca-esque" goals in my life when playing. As a 25 year-old my speed and acceleration wasn't "59" because I didn't play the game professionally, but in the 80's. My Ball Control stat could have been considered 80's back in the day. A low lofted pass is a skill, but it isn't only top players who can master it, etc..

As for the COM winning every headers thing: nah, folk are doing them wrong then.

As a side note, I faced multiple corners when playing ML last night and while there were occasions when there was COM player waiting unmarked outside the box, it wasn't every time. In fact, I would win the first header more often than not and not have to face another COM attack in that phase of play.

Folk are getting into an absolute rage with this game and something that might happen occasionally becomes the rule and not the exception to them. They don't know it, nor will they admit it, but they are starting to play to see that stuff happens again, not just play out a match. That is sabotaging your own enjoyment. Of course there are things that are off/not right with the game but this weekend has been highly amusing reading peoples "discoveries"

Anyone else notice how a lot of peoples AI cheat accusations can start: "I had just won FIVE GAMES IN A ROW and..."?

lads sadly il have to admit defeat in making a file, konami have purposely broken the import team mode so you cant fill a full optionfile without overwriting another team , been working at it 5 days to find a solution and its pointless, gonna just play the game now with cristianos file

Sorry to hear that goalgerd :(

At least now you can just relax and enjoy this great game :)

Och, not the "Barca" stuff again. I haven't seen that once in ML.

I'm beginning to wonder just how much lower league football people watch, or much much they have played the sport in their lives. I've watched Partick Thistle produce Barca-esque football from out of nowhere in my times visiting Firhill over the years. It wasn't exactly like Barcelona, but bloody close, and me and my mates would turn to each other in shock when they strung a move together like that. It was of course isolated, but players/teams are capable of things you don't expect. I've watched Thistle string passes together creating a move that would make even Barca envious. Christ! Partick Thistle had a player called Chic Charnley and he was capable of Zidane like moments. He scored a goal from his own half that made Beckhams look a tap in... and he meant to do it.

That is why I go watch my team: in the hope of a result first and foremost but in the hope magic happens because magic does happen and it isn't confined to the top leagues or tournaments.

As for playing the sport, I've been part of the build-up and scored "Barca-esque" goals in my life when playing. As a 25 year-old my speed and acceleration wasn't "59" because I didn't play the game professionally, but in the 80's. My Ball Control stat could have been considered 80's back in the day. A low lofted pass is a skill, but it isn't only top players who can master it, etc..

As for the COM winning every headers thing: nah, folk are doing them wrong then.

As a side note, I faced multiple corners when playing ML last night and while there were occasions when there was COM player waiting unmarked outside the box, it wasn't every time. In fact, I would win the first header more often than not and not have to face another COM attack in that phase of play.

Folk are getting into an absolute rage with this game and something that might happen occasionally becomes the rule and not the exception to them. They don't know it, nor will they admit it, but they are starting to play to see that stuff happens again, not just play out a match. That is sabotaging your own enjoyment. Of course there are things that are off/not right with the game but this weekend has been highly amusing reading peoples "discoveries"

Anyone else notice how a lot of peoples AI cheat accusations can start: "I had just won FIVE GAMES IN A ROW and..."?

You're playing on PA1, right? I think winning headers may be a tad more straightforward than on PA0, at least from my experience. I have read your posts with interest recently, and I want to be convinced to move from PA0 to PA1, but whenever I do so, passes along the back line just look horribly assisted (often being played diagonally backwards or forwards with laser guided precision).

Until PES 2016, I always used PA1 (or equivalent), but last year Konami introduced this strange two tiered system (manual or assisted, with PA2 and 3 being additional fluff). I suppose I will probably persevere with PA0, as I really enjoy the variants of pass speed and overall control. The obvious drawback in my case is, with the steep escalation in difficulty this year, I'm losing most games in ML on bloody Professional difficulty!

The obvious drawback in my case is, with the steep escalation in difficulty this year, I'm losing most games in ML on bloody Professional difficulty!

You need to try regular then, that's what I did.. regular this year is equivalent to professional or higher in previous versions. Much more balanced games, less crazy pressure and it won't be a walk in the park as you may think

Yeah sigh....
Such a snooze fest reading your crap,who are you to decide what a PES fan is?
so you're just shitting on us manual players?
And I have Sane beating defenders on pure pace constantly.
Stopped reading after the elitist crap in bold. Who the hell are you to dictate what a PES fan is? I've been playing this series from the very beginning, along with other footy games, maybe before you were born.

Do you really wanna go down on this route? Like this? :D Because i dont just because of a shallow PES game. Keep calm and have a nice weekend.

You need to try regular then, that's what I did.. regular this year is equivalent to professional or higher in previous versions. Much more balanced games, less crazy pressure and it won't be a walk in the park as you may think

Have read this 'concept' before. I'm going to try it out, and just pretend to myself that it's professional from yesteryear!

All I want is to feel the difference between different team abilities more... right now, Burnley and the likes are just as hard as the top teams. Every game is pure intensity, and when the COM scores first, you know it's a hard slog back.

Really frustrated with how inconsistent Master League is. When you play against very low rated teams at times its as if they are on steroids. You never win a ball in the air. Your passes are intercepted as if the all the opponents are flash. They get to everything quicker and respond as if their life depended on it. Villa were playing like Barca tikka takka. So not enjoyable especially since a previous game against a top opponent was very realistic. Then the game scripts and makes you want to lose the next one with all its might.
Your bang on the money. This PES is wonderful until you take it to Master League. I can't see me going near the mode again and just sticking to the League Mode and Champions League.

Master League on PES is turd.

Have been playing since it first came out. One of the most satisfying PES experiences in a long time. Have played a full Champions League and PL League on Professional Difficulty.

Your bang on the money. This PES is wonderful until you take it to Master League. I can't see me going near the mode again and just sticking to the League Mode and Champions League.

Master League on PES is turd.

Not at all buddy . .tip for you. . . . the first season is always the hardest. . .when team spirit goes over 70 or 80 it will play differently.

Last edited:
I'm really losing my patience with this option file malarkey.

I downloaded Cristianos v4 all in one and applied all teams. However, I also grabbed some of his additional teams, one being Sparta Praha. They are the only team that have the wrong line up of players (Robbie Keane and Arjen Robben FFS) and a severely reduced squad (4 subs available). How do I correct this or overwrite with another team? It seems whenever I place a new team in there, it inherits those players. Can I somehow delete this bin and revert back to the original team it overwrote?

See if the AI cheats repeatedly in ML, why have I only lost 5 games this season (my second in Serie B) and I'm top of the league after 30 matches? Those five defeats were legit by the way.

As for the mode itself, yeah, it could do with a little freshening up (not authenticity, freshening up) but this PES is the first PES (or FIFA) in YEARS for me that I am hooked on the mode again, and it is to do with the gameplay loop of the mode:

Play a match; slight player level up;check player development; pick player training regime; check opposition info in Competition Info; set gameplan; play match; repeat until the transfer window. It just works for me. It's like a drug.

I actually like the weird charm of the mode as well; the daft quotes and pictures. I like something that makes me smile. Sometimes I smile in ML because it is absurd, but sometimes I do because it is genuinely charming and kind of cool.

One thing PES gets grief for and I am going to make a case for the defence, is atmosphere and yes, the commentary...

I was playing FIFA last night for a bit and while I liked the pre-match atmosphere, the noise level and atmosphere during the match was not a million miles away from the atmosphere I experience when I go to one of those buildings that has all the books in them. It was rubbish. It was not very reactionary and also the timing of the crowd (and commentary) in relation to the ball hitting the net is off just enough for it to not look/sound right. Like the game is searching out the right audio files before playing them. Weird.

Also, that game gets such a massive pass for commentary. It is boring and like the atmosphere, often disconnected from the on-field action. They prattle on about some real life shit while I am building a sweet move or doing a trick, or after I rattle the bar from 30yds they either a) talk about that player shooting in real life, or b) start talking about the opposition DMF's fucking passing stats. The only good thing I am finding is that it isn't that repetitive, but the patterns are.

Now I compare all that to the first match I played in PES immediately after. The crowd was LOUD as the teams came out, they remained at a good noise level, but what was more noticeable is that (in ML anyway - I do think cup mode atmosphere can drop for some reason) they were reacting to play, not just goals or close calls. There was a moment in my match when an AI midfielder pulled off a neat wee bit of skill in the middle of the park that saw him out-manoeuvre three players, and the home support cheered it. When the COM played a long diagonal looking for a winger, and it just being on of my CB's and the winger under this ambitious pass, the crowd were reacting to it with a sense of anticipation/uncertainty. It reacts to clean slide tackles as well as dubious ones. Honestly? While FIFA might have captured real chants in Dolby HD True 7.1 or whatever, and PES' crowd sounds just a wee bit less varied and crisp, it actually sounded better (and definitely LOUDER) when considering it in relation to the action unfolding.

The same goes (to some extent) for the commentary. They can waffle the same lines, but there is a consistency to the sound quality of the speech files; it sounds like a broadcast; sounds like two guys occupying the same space talking about or responding to the match. It is off sometimes, and it is very repetitious, but it is, in a weird way that shouldn't make sense but does, more believable.

PES' audio actually adds up to something that is more than the sum of its parts. I actually like the base design/theory of the use of sound in the game.

So I have been playing pro evo 17 for a while now and I love it

but what do you think about 18?
I mean the wish list

I really feel they should focus on graphics for next year because fifas graphics are mind blowing and it just feels amaizing to look at.

I want pes to focus on this next year as aside from graphics this game is brilliant

what are your guys thoughts on the graphic issues?

Back
Top Bottom