PES 2017 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

@P34SEMM Long balls tend to go off the pitch. Then there is the emergency kick out of the penalty area. And sometimes when I press hard the CPU passes it out sideways. That's it. A little more error in the CPU play would be nice. I'm having fun but it's different (looking unfair) to my full manual game that's obvious.

I see plenty of AI errant passing. Numerous times, and with the right set up, the pressure on the AI leads to a risky pass that I easily cut out. That's a misplaced pass in my book.

I'm not sure the stats are true.
Have you ever seen the AI misplace a pass so that you get a throw in or pass the ball to no one?
Its like the game is designed to have 90 mins end to end football.
No, that is not true. Playing ML on superstar, even on that difficulty CPU misses the target, more of the passes are cut by my defenders, long ball to the wing usually are ok but the first touch makes the difference and that lead to space for my defender to win the ball. I agree with you that with patch they need to make passing error higher for the cpu (I talk about superstar). On professional AI plays very good and life like football according to tactics, but I find it little boring becouse I end up matches with 70% ball possesion and 20+ shots on goal for me and cpu barely shots 1-2 times.
Btw I love the difference between teams and players. Player atributes like height and weight are also important, you have to choose different players in starting eleven according to opponent you are facing. I made mistake by chosing slower and more agile players with Ajax against PSV and got destroyed 6-0 at home. When game ended I know it where was my mistake tactically but thats the good part of the game :)

the challenge training mode has really helped with the way the game mechanics work, i never knew that R2 and the cross button made a lofted cross

It is. That's how PES works - I'd love to see pass error in there, but we have to accept that their methodology for condensing 90 minutes into (the default) 10 minutes will always be the way it is, to create matches worth playing.

PES aims for a highlights package rather than having the potential for 10 minutes of nothing happening, and for all the manual talk, the game is designed to deliver the best results for the default settings (PA1 - which is a relief, it could have been PA3). I've witnessed absolutely no difference from the AI when playing manual, or when playing longer halves (I've got evidence to the contrary in terms of doubling the match length, doubling the amount of shots and doubling the scoreline) - so to me, 10-12 minute games and PA1 is the way to play. But you have to accept that the engine is designed the way it is for a reason.

The stats are true - because you'll intercept the AI passes occasionally. That's the AI version of a misplaced pass.
Agree with this. Thats why my preference is currently Fifa at the moment as it gives me the variety of not knowing how each game will pan out, mis kicks, misplaced passes, errors and bad touches. Football is the beautiful game but even Messi mis controls it sometimes, Pes is bang for buck football, but feels the same every game.

Anyone experiencing a lack of one of one situations with the keeper? I'm talking superstar difficulty here

It all depends if the team you are playing against has an offensive keeper or defensive . .. offensive keepers will come off their line a lot to try clear balls or save them.

Last edited:
Yep because... slow defenders who you might have got in behind suddenly get a rocket up their arse and catch you... then you stumble... then the ball is cleared.... fucking bullshit cheating AI
I was through on goal with Jordan Ayew who is bloody quick (Villa winger/forward) and the CPU's Ipswich Town defender caught up with me from nowhere. Utter BS.

Had it with Master League - it's a load of scripted nonsense.

Can you set for example the PEU as a 2nd division of say the Ere Divisie? This goes for the PLA as well, should I want that to become the 2nd division in Argentina? And even if you can, will the game recognise this and stop teams from that league qualifying for their continental competition based on league performance?

Yep because... slow defenders who you might have got in behind suddenly get a rocket up their arse and catch you... then you stumble... then the ball is cleared.... fucking bullshit cheating AI

I wish I had the motivation and knowledge to record my games, as in La Liga 2, I have a few fast players up top and I can burn past defenders and maintain the gap. In a straight line for comparison sake, if I can beat my full back, my winger is away. Its not all the time, but then in real life, fast players don't just skin everyone as it dosent work like that. But its possible and that's within a poor standard.... maybe its because I use +1 speed as a game setting idk.

I am wondering. Im playing Division, Im in Division 6, you need 3000 points to advance to Division 5. Im playing ALL THE TIME against retards with Barcelona or Real Madrid. You get 330 points for a win with Real Madrid and 324 for a win with Barcelona. That means, that you have to win ALL 10 matches to promote. Thats almost impossible unless you are the best PES player ever. So can someone explain me the point of playing with teams with which you cant promote? The retarded kids just wanna play with Real Madrid or Barcelona all the time so they dont give a fuck about promotion or what? Jesus, thats pathetic.

And I need help regarding first touch pls. Is there any way to make first touch into space (I thought its with R1)? My EVERY pass behind the defence into a possible 1on1 with the keeper is fucked up with the first touch which is bad and slow, so the defense catches me up in a second.

I wish I had the motivation and knowledge to record my games, as in La Liga 2, I have a few fast players up top and I can burn past defenders and maintain the gap. In a straight line for comparison sake, if I can beat my full back, my winger is away. Its not all the time, but then in real life, fast players don't just skin everyone as it dosent work like that. But its possible and that's within a poor standard.... maybe its because I use +1 speed as a game setting idk.
On The very odd occasion the CPU has LET ME go 1 on 1 with the keeper but it is VERY rare! I have a front three which has pace pace and more pace! BUT most of the time a Slow 60 Rated CB can catch the player and steal the ball from the with ease... PES has been known for its cheating AI for years and years and this PES is no different in my opinion.

I'm not sure the stats are true.
Have you ever seen the AI misplace a pass so that you get a throw in or pass the ball to no one?
Its like the game is designed to have 90 mins end to end football.

Yes ive seen the AI misplace passes. From long balls straight from kick off that hit touch, to middle of the park stuff. I get some gripes with the game, but sometimes I wonder if its the same game ive got :D

On The very odd occasion the CPU has LET ME go 1 on 1 with the keeper but it is VERY rare! I have a front three which has pace pace and more pace! BUT most of the time a Slow 60 Rated CB can catch the player and steal the ball from the with ease... PES has been known for its cheating AI for years and years and this PES is no different in my opinion.

Fair enough if that's how you feel, what you see etc I'm not going to argue that. Just chipping in from my experience, that pace can make a difference in the right situation.

Fair enough if that's how you feel, what you see etc I'm not going to argue that. Just chipping in from my experience, that pace can make a difference in the right situation.
pace or acceleration can make a difference over a very short distance. For example if i have Mane out wide and i want to burst past a slower defender and quickly put a cross in then it works. However go over any kind of distance and the defender gets back

No this is just not true. Last year the speedy players were overpowered every odd year they seem to change it.

I honestly don't feel hampered by the AI ability to catch up a player with the ball. I have been able to sprint away with the real speedy players

pace or acceleration can make a difference over a very short distance. For example if i have Mane out wide and i want to burst past a slower defender and quickly put a cross in then it works. However go over any kind of distance and the defender gets back

Well I can only go by what ive seen and done, ive been able to get from the halfway line into the penalty area without problems. Maybe its to do with me playing on +1 speed that the game reacts differently to pace, idk. But it happens and ive no qualms about it in the game.

Just played. First corner to them - straight to their man on edge of box - unmarked. Despite my settings of Nan marking.
Is no one else getting this??

Played a Champions League group stage game against Barca using Sporting CP on Superstar. Barca was pressing up so high that I had to pump long balls out of the back. And one time when Dost and Jeremy Mathieu were chasing a long ball, Ter Stegen just came off his line and try to clear the ball. Mathieu got taken out by Ter Stegen, and My Dost just ended up with the ball under his feet and an open goal all to himself. God this game just keeps giving you unexpected moments like this. Absolutely loving it!

PSVR, Cinematic mode L, fan view cam > new football experience.
Downsides: resoltion, PES performance on this cam (PS4 pro maybe?), cursor bug

Just played. First corner to them - straight to their man on edge of box - unmarked. Despite my settings of Nan marking.
Is no one else getting this??
Why would you man mark on a corner?
One player not getting it,and you concede.
Go zonal,control your strongest player,and make him head
Just like in real life

Why would you man mark on a corner?
One player not getting it,and you concede.
Go zonal,control your strongest player,and make him head
Just like in real life

I was just about to reply the same thing until I saw your post. All that happened there is that man-marking didn't work. It's okay for that to happen. It happens in real football too.

Back
Top Bottom