PES 2017 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

I had it worse at the end of my first season I ended up with 13 million in transfer funds but 300,000 in wages . . . I could buy a decent player but couldn't sign him because of the wages.
I reckon my scenario's worse - how do I use that salary money?? At least you could just sell a few players to free up some salary. You could even go overpriced to get the two to be more in line. Like I said, all I can do is sign global stars on a free - when's that going to happen?

Ended up leaving the Brighton job, just went to Man Utd. Sod it. I need to update the remaining fake teams and start anew anyway.

first game in the champions league with liverpool, did the full team setup and all my goals came from gegenpressing though my players were knackered after 60 minutes, playing 15 minutes 1pa on professional and really enjoying it

first game in the champions league with liverpool, did the full team setup and all my goals came from gegenpressing though my players were knackered after 60 minutes, playing 15 minutes 1pa on professional and really enjoying it
I only play gegenpress in intervals,10 min when needed,then lay it of,and when I'm chasing a result late in the game.
Otherwise,like you said,you're done after 60-70 min

Thanks for the explanation.

I have to admit, I don't see the difference between PES World and Cristiano's kits.

If anything, PES World seem to take an absolute age to release anything.

Because they are all trying to copy what PES Universe are doing but they are stuck becuase everything needs to be about Glen.

Jeepers @klashman69 didn't realise there were so many issues with PESWorld and PESuniverse .

It's sad actually and not what the community needs.

I am now uncertain as to which OF to use. I used your tactics for ML in 2016, well for EPL at least

you know what Konami needs ?
a player switching system that hot keys "like say 3 players" so you can pick all or any 3 at anytime.
Example : Defending corners, quickly you can switch to Piqué

Last edited:
Maybe it's me being stupid but I noticed just yesterday at the loading screen to a match there is the info and tips on controls and stuff, right?!
This time I had a pretty lengthy text and was able to scroll down the list.
Why not implement something to do for the user before the match?! I hate seeing the same background and info text boxes. Why not fiddle with the tactical settings last second or read stats or something useful?!

I cant get on with this game. I'm sick of putting lovely moves together only to be cut in half in the box and no penalty. Its not only in the box its outside - I'm getting smashed to pieces and getting nothing. Yet the moment my players sock tape touches their short fluff its a free kick.
Ive not had the CPU concede 1 penalty in over 100 games. Its ruining the game for me.....that and lack of stadium atmosphere.

Even on professional level the AI turns average players into world beaters to get a result and your top players into Sunday league players ..seen it a few times now in games I've totally controlled

My main issue is master league..feels totally rigged at times
I like regular league mode ..much more balanced in my opinion. In ML it always starts hard then turns easy once your player develop and improve in form. Regular league mode is less unpredictable.

I think the most important thing is though power up EARLY. I don't think headers work in this game depending on your timing (at least not in my experience, but I'm probably wrong) and rely more on player stats etc. Hope this helps somewhat!

Amazing what one small piece of advice can do. Now that I'm charging the headers much earlier, I'm having much more success. Thanks for this.

Amazing what one small piece of advice can do. Now that I'm charging the headers much earlier, I'm having much more success. Thanks for this.

This would make sense as to how it mimics real life. In reality, a player has to first power up his legs seconds in advance, in order to jump for the header and make contact. However, powering up the header to strike the ball would require another power bar in my opinion to make this ultra realistic. As it is now, I believe the power bar is used for both the jump and the header. Or, the power bar is probably being used for the leg jump, while the header's power is left to the analog stick/stats.

Your thoughts?

Not a problem! I definitely had to relearn how to head the ball coming over from FIFA and quickly discovered trying to time the headers had 0 impact. Get that button pressed early and if you've got good aerial players you'll defend corners no problem.

This would make sense as to how it mimics real life. In reality, a player has to first power up his legs seconds in advance, in order to jump for the header and make contact. However, powering up the header to strike the ball would require another power bar in my opinion to make this ultra realistic. As it is now, I believe the power bar is used for both the jump and the header. Or, the power bar is probably being used for the leg jump, while the header's power is left to the analog stick/stats.

Your thoughts?

I agree, it's a much more logical system to win headers. You don't prepare for a header a second before the ball is overhead you watch the flight of the ball. I think pressing the shoot (or long pass) button initiates your defender/attacker in preparing for the aerial battle and then stats and analog direction take care of the rest. Positioning also factors into it as well but I find PES often locks your player into an appropriate movement pattern once you've initiated the action of heading and/or clearing the ball.

I cant get on with this game. I'm sick of putting lovely moves together only to be cut in half in the box and no penalty. Its not only in the box its outside - I'm getting smashed to pieces and getting nothing. Yet the moment my players sock tape touches their short fluff its a free kick.
Ive not had the CPU concede 1 penalty in over 100 games. Its ruining the game for me.....that and lack of stadium atmosphere.

Halfway through my second season in ML and have had 6 or 7 penatlies. I've had the COM go down to 10 men on just under 10 occasions I think across a season and a half.

The key to winning penalties is clever or aggressive dribbling; changes of pace and direction in one movement. I actually am finding myself more concerned as to how I seem to not get booked or am in positions where I am forced to concede a likely booking, or worse. That isn't to say the COM isn't playing some varied, lethal stuff against me.

Regards atmosphere: get it in things like CL/Cup modes as I too think the atmosphere drops off for some reason in these modes. In ML? Love the atmosphere in my Serie B stuff. In fact I will say it has been fucking brilliant for me.

That means to me that there is a legitimate criticism of the game: that ML levels of difficulty and intensity should be the default, or as close to it as possible so as to make ML still feel like a different ball game, which it is, for me anyway.

ML is is not without its flaws but is fucking brilliant, if you are one who can let your imagination run away. I even find player individuality is ramped up in ML.

Is anyone else finding the CPU just looks to attack? I didn't really notice it that much until i played Fifa funny enough but they don't seem to have to build up attacks in the same way that I do, as in probe and look for openings. Seems it just aims to get the ball forward as fast as possible.

Is anyone else finding the CPU just looks to attack? I didn't really notice it that much until i played Fifa funny enough but they don't seem to have to build up attacks in the same way that I do, as in probe and look for openings. Seems it just aims to get the ball forward as fast as possible.
Yeah. I'm getting a little annoyed by that too. But I'm currently playing regular league all the time, nothing else. Maybe I have to start ML or VERSUS.
I'm streaming Bundesliga right now:
Edit: yt won't make it tonight. Twitch: PRO_TOO ansehen https://www.twitch.tv/pro_too

Last edited:
Yeah. I'm getting a little annoyed by that too. But I'm currently playing regular league all the time, nothing else. Maybe I have to start ML or VERSUS.
I'm streaming Bundesliga right now:

It's starting to get to me, I never noticed it at all in the demo which makes me think they've changed it slightly.

Back
Top Bottom