PES 2017 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

I swear this is the most frustrating online sports game ever made. Never felt so helpless in NBA 2k, NHL series and even FIFA. I play with "all out defence" and defensive line almost to the maximum near own goal and I keep getting goals from 30 metres throughballs behind the defense (which is a bit stupid when I have set my defense to be deep) or idiotic 50 meters blind air passes which my CBs underrun :D The same on PA0 or PA1. I have 2 DMF and there is still a milion meters gap between midfield and defense. This is just pathetic, so for PESs hyped strategies :P
This game just isnt working for me, dont wanna play against AI, but against humans. Thats just something my psyche cant handle in this total crap. Switching to FIFA. Bye in better PES (online) times.

I can understand that.
Online gaming is not really the strength of PES 2017 in general.
But if you join communitys or play against people you know or you have in your friends list, because they are in it as you had decent matches with them, you can have great games.

Full manual online is the best experience I had. If you play assisted it can be totally different.
Been playing a lot of myclub against the AI (I´m struggling to win that tournament challenges on advanced and professional) and tried a couple of online games.
As I couldn´t find no manual players on myclub I tried to play against assisted ones and these games were awful...ping pong crap, pressing shit...you name it.

Buddy give regular a go, it's not as easy as you think and it may solve most of your problems, my mate who is also a seasoned pro player, likes to play a certain way and regular has hit he's sweet spot, give it a go before u pack it in, it may surprise you.
No one should be ashameded to play on lower difficulties . I was struggling on professional and went step back to regular, the game is more balanced so far. It's just about the right balance. I play manual with a difficult camera angle , broadcast. I might get back to professional at one point though

No one should be ashameded to play on lower difficulties . I was struggling on professional and went step back to regular, the game is more balanced so far. It's just about the right balance. I play manual with a difficult camera angle , broadcast. I might get back to professional at one point though
Good to hear mate, yeah this years game has a steep difficulty curve and regular is a perfect difficulty to get used to the way the game plays especially on manual, good stuff

Last edited:
OK, time to share my experience lately. I started a normal League (not master league), I had not had any trouble with superstar exhibition (good games, sometimes won, sometimes lost). In League obviously the game plays different. I was really struggling with arsenal (lost to Hull), dropped it down to TP, again struggling way too much, no shots on goal. Dropped it Pro and games were good but i found the AI didnt really attack (although it was difficult to score a goal). I was extremely frustrated. However, I looked at my tactics and I had messed them up (in possession/ out of possession). I fixed that and YES my guys were finally making the right runs. Now having a blast, won my last 2 games in TP (one against MU), gonna try today in superstar and cross fingers with a date vs Barca in Champs League.

Quick question are most people here playing Manual shot? I tried playing manual pass (the AI made so many fouls when I dropped it manual pass), but I couldnt for the life of me connect any passes. Its either Superstar/TP on assited or pro/regular on manual

Really enjoying the game, I really hope konami improve presentation and graphics (pitch) next year

Im still playing my online division and friendly games in stadiums that are half empty for some unusual reason. Does anyone know why this happens?

Really enjoying the game, I really hope konami improve presentation and graphics (pitch) next year

The visuals look good on PS4 but surprisingly PES 2016 on PS4 looked better. I think they should be able to improve graphics with updates. I am sure they did that last year too.

This. This, this, this, this, this, this. And I have to say I like that theory and if it is something that have implemented or users have discovered through play, I hope they roll with it and look to enhance it.

I just played a match as AC Milan v. Napoli in Versus I ended the match with 69% accuracy... on PA1!

I also would say that pass effectiveness/error is in play when playing a ball into a player. If it is say a Verratti, then he will deliver it with the right pace. I play that pass with a less capable passer, he will get the pace wrong or it will bobble, resulting in a marker more likely to nick in and intercept. It isn't direction error but feels like execution error. I like that and it does indeed force me to try mix my attacking possession game up with manual modifier passes but even those are subject to some variance, with it being speed and technique in execution.

I don't really have an issue with passing from the back being a piece of piss and I know for a fact that if my accuracy or possession stats are higher, more often than not is because I am playing along the back or backwards. The game, intentionally or otherwise, seems structured to not piss you off while doing the simple stuff in non-threatening areas, but that changes the closer you get, and is magnified by teams decent defending.

I also feel that there is definite error in through balls; over hit and under hit by less equipped players when trying something a wee bit beyond their skillset or range.

It isn't perfect, but goes some way to as to why stats can be very misleading in the game. Of course, when playing in matches where form is random you will catch a very good side on a bad day and you do get away with a tad more than you usually would.

******************************************************************************************

What I do want via a patch is the following:

• Just a little less assistance on PA1
  • The daytime turfs to be improved. Honestly, some of the stadiums in daytime are just unplayable
  • If at all possible, a tweaking of the code to unearth some of the animations that could be in there or are a wee bit too rare, are not super moves of control, to just further improve an already fluid experience
  • New animations
  • Gameplay cam for penalty kicks option
  • Advanced shooting to be loosened up massively. It could prove a legitimate default for more folks should they do that
  • Allow users to increase time limit in Versus mode matches
  • One for down the line; introduce an additional higher, unlockable, skill level
  • If not able to do that directly above, bring the ML level (Team Spirit etc.) of difficulty into Versus/Competiton matches
  • A little more aggressive use of skills from the COM when it is controlling proper tricksters
  • Increase the chances of penalties
  • COM to be just a tad more robust/intelligent in its midfield play. Can't believe I am saying this, given FIFA17's issues with it, but for the COM to shield a little more
  • Tweak the R2 dribble mechanic like fuck. This needs completely re-designed next year
  • Anyone else notice this? The crowd can go awfully quiet in CL/Cup mode matches
  • If the away team score, have the crowd sound a bit more pissed off and the away support sound louder in their celebrations
On a side note, I am not going to get too worried about the games sales. Not to say I outright welcome them decreasing in the UK as they have, but I would use that and go about building/developing a product that is aimed at the hardcore primarily; a product that entertains the hardcore who DO know all about option files/editing and the games tactical depth. Let's be honest, those just under 50K sales in the UK are not to kids or casual players, or folks who don't know what a FIFA is and made a mistake at the shop. It is folks who simply want a good PES and, if I may speculate, aren't those who believe football started when the Premier League in England did. It kind of is just now, but it could be/should be even more of a purists choice. The guy who likes his Serie A and his La Liga. The guy who does, like me, like the romantic thought of taking a Serie B team from southern Italy who play in the colours of my beloved Partick Thistle (us lower league dudes are hipster pricks; wouldn't have it any other way), playing in the Estadio del Martingal or Coliseo de los Portes at night, when it feels like the whole town is in attendance to see your plucky ML Defaults.

The game should be aimed at the dude who if served up with South American teams, will try them out. The guy who when he plays an international match in the Burg Stadion at daytime it reminds him of Mexico 86, partly due to not quite super-clear visuals (I would allow users to choose different broadcast era filters for use in matches in a way similar to how Kane And Lynch 2 ran with the youtube look - even have sound filters so as it could sound like a match being broadcast from the other side of the planet/some eastern bloc state from back in the 80's) but because you have beasted the edit mode and imported proper kits onto Paraguay and Mexico. Basically, the guy who likes his latin flair and temperament, over the wet nights in Stoke, but loves them too! The guy who has an imagination. The guy who actually LIKES the weird pretend-o-verse charm of ML because the football on the pitch is so bloody serious you need that nonsense to take the edge off! The guy who doesn't need the real world goings on rammed down his throat, how the game likes to remind him that his team are rock bottom of the league every fucking time he turns the game on, FIFA, you prick!

The game should appeal to the:"Obviously want real player names and kits, so I'll import them, but fuck off with the reminding me of real life shit" type of guy.

The guy who when he had Castledine from the ML Defaults score this free-kick, decided that instead of laughing how ridiculous the name is for a Greek man, rolled with it and dreamed up why he opted for Greece:

Make the game for that guy, Konami. Fight for our love and not the masses. If you build it the masses will... well, they might come over but fuck em' if the don't. Just make an amazing, hardcore experience that is a 2 or 3 million seller. You don't need FIFA's numbers, or its celebration of the corporate shitshow. Fight the good fight. Fight for our love of football, not for the misguided love of corporations and how they go about marketing and televising football.

That all turned into a sort of love-letter. No apologies.

After playing a bit more, I think they should consider enhancing the stats out in open areas a bit more. I've just played a guy who is utilizing this behavior. Basically, 40 yards long balls with O, can be just as accurate with any player, if said player is not bothered by a defender (doesn't have to be direct pressure, but just in the vicinity would bother him enough). So, it's like you don't really need Pique or some other ball-playing defender to be playing good quality long passes out from the back. I don't know what the best way would be to implement identity/stats for open areas, but it should be there somewhat. Right now, it's possibly too flatten in those open areas.

Last edited:
Despite Online not really being PES' strong point, i'm enjoying MyClub way more than i do FUT. That mode really is extortion. At least on PES i can actually earn a decent amount of currency after a few games and can by decent players, managers and consumables without having to spend real money.

I think on FUT you don't stand half a chance unless you open your wallet. Aint ever gonna be me that's for sure.

yep, camera angle makes a big difference. Broadcast camera and manual passing / shooting is very hard on professional difficulty.

At the end of my second ML season and I've been given a top up to my transfer funds of £1.4m, and salary funds of over £4m. I've now got a total transfer budget of £2.97m and a salary budget of £19.5m. and I can't move money from one to the other.

Crazy. It's basically killed my summer, I have to sell to buy even though in theory I could sign 3 Neymars on a free.

At the end of my second ML season and I've been given a top up to my transfer funds of £1.4m, and salary funds of over £4m. I've now got a total transfer budget of £2.97m and a salary budget of £19.5m. and I can't move money from one to the other.

Crazy. It's basically killed my summer, I have to sell to buy even though in theory I could sign 3 Neymars on a free.

I had it worse at the end of my first season I ended up with 13 million in transfer funds but 300,000 in wages . . . I could buy a decent player but couldn't sign him because of the wages.

I have 10m in salary and 10m in wages and have done all my business for this new season in Serie B. Kind-of realistic is that I have signed free's or got loans to compliment the best of my default boys for a promotion targeting campaign. Plan is to see how things go with some of the loans and utilise the option to buy for those whom I feel I can't lose. Right now, that is both Ferrini and Erlic on loan from Sassuolo. On loan I also have:

Albertenga (Indiependiente)
Lovera (Rosario)
Kessie (Atalanta)
Umar (Bologna)
Advincula (Newell's)
Campos (Colo Colo)

That 10m wouldn't get them all, but I'm not wanting them all. Lovera seems like he could be a bit of a player though. I don't know if they are Option File frees or in the game proper frees but I picked up:

Milillo (CB 59 OPR on signing)
Abelli (75 OPR)
Cozzari (74 OPR)
Pellini (74 OPR)
Mattiello (73 OPR)

All Italians, and fairly young, so again kind-of realistic for what I am wanting to achieve. I'm not really interested in big buys at the moment or the foreseeable.

Desperate to get stuck into ML. I need to get my OF sorted though. Have PESWorld part 1 installed but want everything done and a first Konami patch to boot.

Getting way impatient. Must say I like that people are struggling with budgets. It was a joke getting a world class team in just a couple of seasons.

What I also enjoyed in PES2016 is when you come up against a player in the lower divisions and he is absolutely butchering you and you begin to hunt him down for your own squad.

Desperate to get stuck into ML. I need to get my OF sorted though. Have PESWorld part 1 installed but want everything done and a first Konami patch to boot.

This. Good news is I think people are getting pretty close to a relatively complete OF without any errors etc. But still, the master league thread is on fire with great stories and I'm itching to contribute.

Getting way impatient. Must say I like that people are struggling with budgets. It was a joke getting a world class team in just a couple of seasons.

What I also enjoyed in PES2016 is when you come up against a player in the lower divisions and he is absolutely butchering you and you begin to hunt him down for your own squad.

You're talking my language Zee .. start with the defaults and head hunt someone who shone for an opposition side who you played against.

I have 10m in salary and 10m in wages and have done all my business for this new season in Serie B. Kind-of realistic is that I have signed free's or got loans to compliment the best of my default boys for a promotion targeting campaign. Plan is to see how things go with some of the loans and utilise the option to buy for those whom I feel I can't lose. Right now, that is both Ferrini and Erlic on loan from Sassuolo. On loan I also have:

Albertenga (Indiependiente)
Lovera (Rosario)
Kessie (Atalanta)
Umar (Bologna)
Advincula (Newell's)
Campos (Colo Colo)

That 10m wouldn't get them all, but I'm not wanting them all. Lovera seems like he could be a bit of a player though. I don't know if they are Option File frees or in the game proper frees but I picked up:

Milillo (CB 59 OPR on signing)
Abelli (75 OPR)
Cozzari (74 OPR)
Pellini (74 OPR)
Mattiello (73 OPR)

All Italians, and fairly young, so again kind-of realistic for what I am wanting to achieve. I'm not really interested in big buys at the moment or the foreseeable.

I also try and make it as authentic as I can and try and buy Italian players in the hope of having an all Italian squad .. . . also use Italian commentary .. .haven't a clue what they're saying though.

So last night I played against Bayern (who are top of the league with a ridiculous 26 wins out of 26). I was 1-0 up in the 80th minute but conceded 2 of the most irritating and cheesiest scripted goals I have probably ever seen (especially the second). The first was a bunch of deflections which lead to a shot and a party straight into the path of Ribery who scored (I'd take that on the chin if it wasn't such a frequent occurrence). The second one was ridiculous though. Ribery crossed the ball. There was no Bayern player in sight, just three defenders and my keeper. Somehow I couldn't control any of the defenders so all 3 of the were just stood there watching, so my keeper dives out to pick it up but somehow mishandles it and knocks it straight to Muller for another tap in.

And that was after 80 mins of total domination by me and Neuer playing like he has 5 pairs of hands and legs.

Ok, having really trouble enjoying Online Divisions atm. I switch between manual passing and PA1 (and set to similar settings so i face people with the same setting) but can't get into either. I do enjoy manual more since then I can get even matches that feel unpredictable but I feel some of the individuality is lost and since there still is a bit button lag involved it's hard to get good passing going, a lot of the time it's just misplaced passes in the middle of the field (for both players).

PA1 is incredibly boring due to the assisting involved, but the glimpses of individuality of players at least makes it nice in about every fifth match, not enough though.

If they could just patch the passing so it would be somewhere in between Manual and PA1 this game would be quite wodnerful online. I wonder if there will be a patch when Anfield etc get's updated in November. Not that Konami ever really say what they patch but anyway...(in that case i love EA, for NHL they Always describe exactly in patch notes what they change, lowering passing assistance etc.)

Despite Online not really being PES' strong point, i'm enjoying MyClub way more than i do FUT. That mode really is extortion. At least on PES i can actually earn a decent amount of currency after a few games and can by decent players, managers and consumables without having to spend real money.

I think on FUT you don't stand half a chance unless you open your wallet. Aint ever gonna be me that's for sure.

I think it´s rather vice versa.
Myclub seems to seek for people using real money on this...much much more than on FUT.
You can´t choose your players but you gotta spend 10 K GP´s to let a Roulette system decide who you get.
Yeah, you can combine scouts, but the good scouts you can purchase by auctions are way too expensive.
Then, if you finally have some good players in your team, just wait until you have to pay their contract fees.
That´s quite much for 10 games.

In FUT 16, I had my team with players I chose to buy and after some months I had Benzema, Neymar, Bale, Kroos, Ramos...almost the entire Real Madrid squad, had a balance of 120.000 coins and guess what...I didn´t spend a single dime!
I traded contract and player cards because you are able to do so with an app on your mobile phone or the web app on your PC...outside of the game itself.

That´s what PES should have too. It´s a great addition and give a good balance between people who wanna spend real money and people who don´t.
It´s not that I comepletely hate myclub, but I would have loved to have the master league online back...reworked, so that KONAMI can earn some with micro transactions and you wouldn´t have Messi or Ronaldo after a couple of weeks already.

Im probably an addict, hate myself for it but gave the game another chance, started using fluid tactics and got better results (which means more fun of course). Still some games are uberfrustrating :)
Is my thought, that in higher Divisions people must play with lower teams to earn the needed points to promote (or stay), right? If so I apologise to Konami, because that would be a very good system.
Im switching between PA1 and PA0 and still wonder how good people are on manual. Didnt see any player who would struggle passing, everybody is playing perfect one twos etc...

I played a few games on MyClub last night - I've not played many since release (less than 10), but they were all seamless last night in terms of the connection. Got to give them credit for that.

The stats that come up pre-match immediately show the problem with the game online, though, to the point where it's a little bit embarrassing (for Konami and for the opponent).

You can scroll through info about how the opponent plays, including what their goals come from (a pass, cross, through-pass, or "other"). I'm yet to play someone where "through-pass" is under 60% - I played one guy who had over 80%.

The games were ridiculously end-to-end - if you try and build something through the midfield, you're just giving the opposition time to regroup, and once they have, you can't break through. Back, forth, back, forth... It's enough to give you whiplash.

Also, when I logged on, I had 100,000 GP waiting for me. Ridiculous. It's no wonder every team I play has a spirit of 95+ and the world's best players. We're a month in, and everyone's got the team of their dreams. What's the point?

But even with all of the above, the games were all 0-0 (my keeper had a blinder, and they were cup games that I ended up losing on penalties), and I have to admit, I enjoyed them. I just wish there was an "average teams" league I could join.

The visuals look good on PS4 but surprisingly PES 2016 on PS4 looked better. I think they should be able to improve graphics with updates. I am sure they did that last year too.

I hope they do improve the graphics on the PS4. I have no idea why, but each year they re-do the turf and lighting. Both went backwards on 2017. They also have a fascination with making the game look grey and washed out, which they did throughout the PS3 days.

A darker, greener turf is affects the look of the game massively. It makes the game look so much better and is very easy to fix. If you look at what gets patched first on the PC, it is always the turf

Give us a turf that looks like this

PES-2016-Turf-Tweak-by-Fruits.jpg

Cristiano has an option file available v.4 with EVERY team sorted.

Are PES World's a lot better then? I might wait myself if that's the case.

Cristiano has an option file available v.4 with EVERY team sorted.

Are PES World's a lot better then? I might wait myself if that's the case.

PES World just posted in his thread on pesgaming.com asking him to remove some things from his OF as they didn't give permission or receive credit. Not sure what's going on there!

Last edited:
PES World just posted in his thread on pesgaming.com asking him to remove some things from his OF as they didn't give permission or receive credit. Not sure what's going on there!

In regards to PES World Glen is just being Glen, hes is talented in what he does but he wants everything to revolve around him being the king and has a grotesque jealousy problem. Only hires people for pes world that he can control!

I have tried to speak with glen on multiple occasions, shared my tactics on their forum last year which were all deleted, and nobody said anything to me directly, there is not many of us PES modders out there so we all have to work together which is what PES Universe is about but we are held back all this beef is created from glen and his ego.

Some of the things they have done the past 2 months like create fake reddit accounts to hate on PES Universe is just childish!come on, we are all adults here, i've tried on so many occasions to explain to glen some of the work i do and how we can join bt he just refuses to speak to me at all. Sorry i just find this sad.

PES Universe will have all my tactics implemented (i havent checked the latest one but i have serie a and la liga incoming anyway) and as you can imagine PES World wont go near anything i do.

In regards to PES World Glen is just being Glen, hes is talented in what he does but he wants everything to revolve around him being the king and has a grotesque jealousy problem. Only hires people for pes world that he can control!

I have tried to speak with glen on multiple occasions, shared my tactics on their forum last year which were all deleted, and nobody said anything to me directly, there is not many of us PES modders out there so we all have to work together which is what PES Universe is about but we are held back all this beef is created from glen and his ego.

Some of the things they have done the past 2 months like create fake reddit accounts to hate on PES Universe is just childish!come on, we are all adults here, i've tried on so many occasions to explain to glen some of the work i do and how we can join bt he just refuses to speak to me at all. Sorry i just find this sad.

PES Universe will have all my tactics implemented (i havent checked the latest one but i have serie a and la liga incoming anyway) and as you can imagine PES World wont go near anything i do.

It's a shame really, there's a lot of positive stuff going on over at pesgaming in terms of people collaborating and cleaning up each others work etc so that response to the DFL thread caught me off guard. Oh ego, the great destroyer :LOL:

I paid via PayPal for their option file, got a message that i am a silver member (or whatever) and they never mailed me the option file...it's ridiculous to talk about it like it is the crime of the century, but it's kind if a rip off...i don't care about Glen's ego...it's the principle...

Have another option file now, should never have payed for that one...stupid me.

Back
Top Bottom