PES 2017 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

Just spent about 2 hours importing Cristiano92's OF and got all the way down the list to the Portuguese league and 3 teams in for error messages saying coul'd not important any more logos.

This was on a clean save with no crashes and saving after each batch so I've no idea so why

Absolutely fucking me right off this is. I just want to play ML but don't want to without all the teams and kits ready.
Mate let me know if you need any help. I've got all of Cristiano's installed.

The key thing is to delete ALL manager and stadium photos. They are pointless and take up room.

Just spent about 2 hours importing Cristiano92's OF and got all the way down the list to the Portuguese league and 3 teams in for error messages saying coul'd not important any more logos.

This was on a clean save with no crashes and saving after each batch so I've no idea so why

Absolutely fucking me right off this is. I just want to play ML but don't want to without all the teams and kits ready.

konami put a limit of images

Mate let me know if you need any help. I've got all of Cristiano's installed.

The key thing is to delete ALL manager and stadium photos. They are pointless and take up room.

Is there a way to do this before you begin installing the option file?

I'm also getting pissed off with numerous files that are either half baked or requires the user to have a degree in technology and jargon to make it work.

How do I install the entire file so all kits, names, logos, and competition names are correct?

Is there a way to do this before you begin installing the option file?

I'm also getting pissed off with numerous files that are either half baked or requires the user to have a degree in technology and jargon to make it work.

How do I install the entire file so all kits, names, logos, and competition names are correct?

OK, I will try and write a simple guide. Delete all edit files etc on your PS4 hard drive. Start from scratch.

1. Install PES 2017 & Download Update (you have probably already done this)

2. Boot PES 2017

3. DON'T apply any Live Updates!

4. EDIT - Data Management - Import/Export - Import PES World Option Files (PL, SkyBet, Logos etc)

5. Do the same as above for logos but IMPORT EMBLEMS instead of kits.

6. Import/Export - Delete Images - Manager Photo - Stadium

7. EDIT - Data Management - Import/Export - Import Cristiano's other leagues (Serie B, Liga NOS etc)

8. Import/Export - Delete Images - Manager Photo - Stadium

(Optional) Install International Teams from Cristiano's Option File.

9. EDIT - Download LIVE UPDATE (your new kits won't be effected don't worry!)

10. All done!

OK, I will try and write a simple guide. Delete all edit files etc on your PS4 hard drive. Start from scratch.

1. Install PES 2017 & Download Update (you have probably already done this)

2. Boot PES 2017

3. DON'T apply any Live Updates!

4. EDIT - Data Management - Import/Export - Import PES World Option Files (PL, SkyBet, Logos etc)

5. Do the same as above for logos but IMPORT EMBLEMS instead of kits.

6. Import/Export - Delete Images - Manager Photo - Stadium

7. EDIT - Data Management - Import/Export - Import Cristiano's other leagues (Serie B, Liga NOS etc)

8. Import/Export - Delete Images - Manager Photo - Stadium

(Optional) Install International Teams from Cristiano's Option File.

9. EDIT - Download LIVE UPDATE (your new kits won't be effected don't worry!)

10. All done!

Thank you.

One question - when importing, do I check either of the two boxes?

konami put a limit of images

They want to capitalise on this license thing and allow unlimited imports. What is now starting to happen on the ps4 should be allowed to grow.

I spent yesterday making a classic Newcastle team and then today tried the classic Brazil and Argentina teams on here. Getting people who love making teams that add to your game is a massive benefit for konami

for some people out that that think training is useless, i agree it has been for the past 10 years but not this year, training with the full team has so many benefits cos you get to understand your players running patterns depending on who has the ball. as well as which players connect passes well with, i highly recommend it.

They want to capitalise on this license thing and allow unlimited imports. What is now starting to happen on the ps4 should be allowed to grow.

I spent yesterday making a classic Newcastle team and then today tried the classic Brazil and Argentina teams on here. Getting people who love making teams that add to your game is a massive benefit for konami

Can you or someone show me how to create classic teams or point me to an option file where I can download classic Brazil, Argentina, Netherlands, and classic Barcelona with Rivaldo and Ronaldinho?

They have to nurf the overpowered crossing asap :/
I'm finding it ok, what pass settings are on I'm playing on manual, am finding lofted passers over 80 tend to cross nice swerved balls into the area whereas lofted passers in the 70's tend to overhit, but have noticed when your playing on PA1 crosses tend to find there targets a lot easier.

I'm finding it ok, what pass settings are on I'm playing on manual, am finding lofted passers over 80 tend to cross nice swerved balls into the area whereas lofted passers in the 70's tend to overhit, but have noticed when your playing on PA1 crosses tend to find there targets a lot easier.

Good point. Yes, I'm on PA1. Thought about making the switch to manual as the idea is great but playing in online comps everybody plays with I swear PA3 and it would be tough on manual. Still manage to hold my own but this OP crosses are almost like cheating.

Last edited:
Good point. Yes, I'm on PA1. Thought about making the switch to manual as the idea is great but playing in online comps everybody plays with I swear PA3 and it would be tough on manual. Still manage to hold my own but this OP crosses are almost like cheating.
yeah online is a different matter, yeah that would be frustrating to play against

for some people out that that think training is useless, i agree it has been for the past 10 years but not this year, training with the full team has so many benefits cos you get to understand your players running patterns depending on who has the ball. as well as which players connect passes well with, i highly recommend it.

You mean in free training? Running patterns you mean like off-ball movement? Or running with the ball?

Yeah
You mean in free training? Running patterns you mean like off-ball movement? Or running with the ball?

Yeah free training, set up the formation you would like to use and u get to learn the running patterns of your players, also depends on who has the ball.
Just to give you an example I'm inter and when I give the ball to medel, kondogbia who is a box to box mid won't run on when medal has ball, but runs on when brozovic has the ball, but there's the other layer with the connection of the pass, each player connects differently with each other, yes I know it's part of the team spirit but it's just a whole number, if you dig deep you get to learn who connects well and who doesn't with the pass, this game has alot of layers of depth this year and it all works, it's really amazing,

Yeah tactics are quite in depth.

I noticed when you select swarm the box you have a good defence I numbers but when you get the ball you will have issues with a lack of players in the area in front of the defence meaning the opposition has alot more space in this area to keep you pinned back.

I've started to try anf learn manual team mate controls ...great how you can select a man and make them push further out wide or drop back into space

Question... Does the game definitely scale dependent on the match length?

I've done some experiments with PA0 and I can't get on with it, I don't see the opponent playing the same way and it does remove individuality for me (and I struggle enough on PA1)!

Match length, though - I can't decide if it actually makes a difference in terms of play style. All of a sudden in my ML save, I can't win a game - 10 games without winning now - and the only things I've changed are to LOWER the difficulty (!) to Professional, and shortened the match length to 10 minutes (so that I've got time to have a quick one before work in the mornings - yes, the addiction has got that bad).

But I set the match length to its maximum, and I couldn't see or "feel" a difference in how the AI approached the match.

Question... Does the game definitely scale dependent on the match length?

I've done some experiments with PA0 and I can't get on with it, I don't see the opponent playing the same way and it does remove individuality for me (and I struggle enough on PA1)!

Match length, though - I can't decide if it actually makes a difference in terms of play style. All of a sudden in my ML save, I can't win a game - 10 games without winning now - and the only things I've changed are to LOWER the difficulty (!) to Professional, and shortened the match length to 10 minutes (so that I've got time to have a quick one before work in the mornings - yes, the addiction has got that bad).

But I set the match length to its maximum, and I couldn't see or "feel" a difference in how the AI approached the match.

Cant say I'm having the same experience, have you downloaded any of the option files, Iv been using pesuniverses file and games have been varied and intense on professional 15min, manual pass/shot, i seriously can't put this game down or not think about it

You're 100% correct. But will Adam Bhatti and his new sidekick Asim accept this? No chance. "PES is back to its best!" every year according to those raging fanboys.

I love PES 2017, it's silk. But the series needs professionalism and balanced views, something Bhatti will never give them.

What do you expect them to say?
Video games are commercial, their aim is to sell as much copies as possible.

Should they say: "unfortunately the game is once again subpar and will be a major disappointment for everybody who will buy it".

Don't buy my milk because it comes from cows in the pasture near Sellafield?
This car is very dangerous?
Our soup tastes like vinegar?

Oh and by the way, this year's PEs is fantastic, i think even you have to agree with that. Of course there are still obvious flaws.

On a more positive note. This weekend i had the best match i've had so far...one to remember for a long time.
I'm playing a league with Spurs (couldn't resist, it's the first time ever i play with my favourite team).
Had a match against Watford.
Had won al my matches before that one (only 2, but Watford proved to be a hard nut to crack.
In the first half they were the better team, Lloris made a couple of good saves and both Vertonghen and Alderweireld were immense as Cb's.
After 25 minutes Spurs became the better team and suddenly it seemed that a precious away win was possible.
In the second half i had a couple of chances but all in all Watford defended very well.

In the 88th minute, Dembele gave a lofted through ball to Kane, who volleyed it in the goal...a cracker of a goal and a very sweet victory against a difficult opponent. So gratifying...it's been years since i had that feeling....

Next is a ML with Huddersfield Town.

Back
Top Bottom