PES 2017 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

What do you expect them to say?
Video games are commercial, their aim is to sell as much copies as possible.

Should they say: "unfortunately the game is once again subpar and will be a major disappointment for everybody who will buy it".

Don't buy my milk because it comes from cows in the pasture near Sellafield?
This car is very dangerous?
Our soup tastes like vinegar?

Oh and by the way, this year's PEs is fantastic, i think even you have to agree with that. Of course there are still obvious flaws.
This year's PES is the best football game of all time in my opinion.

But it still doesn't excuse how Adam and co behave. They aren't professional - they're basically a pair of fan boys who block anyone with gripes with the game.

I'm not sure that i agree with your assessment about Bhatti and co.
I'm pretty sure that they have received loads of abuse and worse than that...
I wonder how much tweets and mails they receive: hunderds, thousands...
I'm well aware that not every kind of feedback is offensive, but even if that isn't the case, how do you react to feedback?

Look at the PES2016 thread on this forum and imagine that that is the start to rebuild your game...

I've Always claimed that Konami listens too much to the fans...the only usefull feedback they get is mine (i'm deadly serious), but that is something everybody is convinced of (if only Konami listened only to "my" feedback).

It is perhaps true that Bhatti didn't Always behaved professionally, but it is also a fact that since he got his current job, PES has taken very big strides forward.

I also wonder how any of us would do in the same job, to be honest most of us (me included) would do considerably less good...

This year's PES is the best football game of all time in my opinion.

But it still doesn't excuse how Adam and co behave. They aren't professional - they're basically a pair of fan boys who block anyone with gripes with the game.

There is a right way and a wrong way to do something,and those blocked by Bhatti etc have not perhaps thought out their strategy through before blurting it on the net,and as a result either created the wrong impression or failed miserably to communicate.

Yours is a typical "bandwagon" post,it could have been copy and pasted from so many others.

After all its the internet and it seems de rigueur to smartarse post, then wonder why the response You got back is not the one You wanted.
Couple that with heinous personal attacks on social media,what would You do in same position?

There is a right way and a wrong way to do something,and those blocked by Bhatti etc have not perhaps thought out their strategy through before blurting it on the net,and as a result either created the wrong impression or failed miserably to communicate.

Yours is a typical "bandwagon" post,it could have been copy and pasted from so many others.

After all its the internet and it seems de rigueur to smartarse post, then wonder why the response You got back is not the one You wanted.
Couple that with heinous personal attacks on social media,what would You do in same position?
Let's get this straight - I am not blocked by either of them, as I don't offer them my opinion in fear of being blocked.

This of course is wrong. They should encourage constructive criticism rather than block those who do offer it.

I agree that those who personally abuse them should be blocked as that is unnecessary.

Let's get this straight - I am not blocked by either of them, as I don't offer them my opinion in fear of being blocked.

This of course is wrong. They should encourage constructive criticism rather than block those who do offer it.

I agree that those who personally abuse them should be blocked as that is unnecessary.

You dont need to get it straight, I did not think You were blocked by them.Just that some people seem incredulous when they say they have been blocked.
As for saying You are in fear of being blocked,come on thats just ridiculous.
If You are capable of putting over a salient point it should not go tits up.

To be considered "full manual" what through ball settings are used? I'm using basic through ball with manual passing/shooting and semi-assisted player switching (I presume that's allowed).

This is my first PES so I have no idea what the advanced through ball is like and I can't seem to find a tutorial in-game for it - can someone shed some light on this?

Superleeds, i agree completely with your post.
On the other hand, last year i wrote an open letter to Adam Bhatti. Considering the reactions on this forum, i think i did use a good strategy (perhaps via the wrong channel, which would make it a bad strategy), and he never answered.

My open letter was very positive, i praised him (and i meant it) for his influence. Yet i never got a response (and to be honest, i never hoped to get a response). Afterwards i saw that my open letter was picked up by other forums 'from around the globe' (i'm slightly exagerating).

Sometimes i do have the impression that Konami only listens to their trusted channels(and there is nothing wrong with that) or to the fans who have only praise (and that is wrong).

To be considered "full manual" what through ball settings are used? I'm using basic through ball with manual passing/shooting and semi-assisted player switching (I presume that's allowed).

This is my first PES so I have no idea what the advanced through ball is like and I can't seem to find a tutorial in-game for it - can someone shed some light on this?

They say advanced through ball for full manual. . . I don't use it.

If you mean online I agree. It's the new chipped Throughball.

Wierd because when I try it no one is on the end of it and it goes it for a throw in. Strange really.

Yes, online. I should have made it clearer... they do this with an early cross mostly.

I swear this is the most frustrating online sports game ever made. Never felt so helpless in NBA 2k, NHL series and even FIFA. I play with "all out defence" and defensive line almost to the maximum near own goal and I keep getting goals from 30 metres throughballs behind the defense (which is a bit stupid when I have set my defense to be deep) or idiotic 50 meters blind air passes which my CBs underrun :D The same on PA0 or PA1. I have 2 DMF and there is still a milion meters gap between midfield and defense. This is just pathetic, so for PESs hyped strategies :P
This game just isnt working for me, dont wanna play against AI, but against humans. Thats just something my psyche cant handle in this total crap. Switching to FIFA. Bye in better PES (online) times.

I swear this is the most frustrating online sports game ever made. Never felt so helpless in NBA 2k, NHL series and even FIFA. I play with "all out defence" and defensive line almost to the maximum near own goal and I keep getting goals from 30 metres throughballs behind the defense (which is a bit stupid when I have set my defense to be deep) or idiotic 50 meters blind air passes which my CBs underrun :D The same on PA0 or PA1. I have 2 DMF and there is still a milion meters gap between midfield and defense. This is just pathetic, so for PESs hyped strategies :P
This game just isnt working for me, dont wanna play against AI, but against humans. Thats just something my psyche cant handle in this total crap. Switching to FIFA. Bye in better PES (online) times.

Another satisfied customer?

Does anyone have some advice about first touches? I play online a lot with manual passing filters and everybody else seems to handle the ball a lot better than me when it comes to first touches (not just with really good players). I know I need to let go of R1 more but I find it hard anyway.

Btw, I have played some PA1 Online div now as well and I have to say there is a tad bit more individuality then but it does'nt matter AT ALL since everybody use the best teams (and I have yet, after 10 matches, played another team than Barca/Real) and can ping pong it like crazy.

If Konami would just tone down PA1 a little bit the online experince would be quite great.

Between manual and pa1 is the dream...:PRAY:

The most crazy thing when u think about it is that there are PA2 and PA3 to...:II

If you play in manual leagues, it's going to be advance through ball in every league. They just go for the least abusive setting.

If you play offline, you should just tailor to your needs.

Is it possible to overwrite existing option file bins? For example if I want to redo or update only the bundesliga, I can select the bins to install but would it overwrite the existing ones? Any advice is greatly appreciated. I just don't want to do the whole thing over again and want to update certain leagues

I'm fucking raging at this game. It is simply not fun, just utter frustrating match after frustrating match.

Played 3 games tonight. First one and every one of my players were running through treacle whilst having the first touch of a school child. On a few occasions when I got in behind the defender caught me up with ease despite me having 5 yards start. Anyone who insists rubber banding doesn't happen can do one. Second game I dropped it to Professional level and I lost out to every header in the game. That isn't even possible in real life. Third and final game I stayed on Professional with PA1 and led 1-0 until the last ten minutes, which is when the rage hit me full on. Until that point I'd conceded 4 goals from corners. In the last ten minutes I conceded 2 more from corners. I took the disc out and stopped myself snapping it in half just about. Conceding a corner is like conceding a penalty - about 85% of them go in. Not even the worst arcade football game in history got it that wrong. There's simply no way to defend them.

I know I've said it already but I think I'm checking out this year. I'm glad loads of you are enjoying it but I'm simply not. It's no fun, just a fucking ball ache chore. I want to feel like I can compete without having to drop the difficulty down so much that there's no challenge. Scripting the result before the game kicks off is shit programming and I'm not wasting any more hours trying to master a game that works so hard against me.

I'm fucking raging at this game. It is simply not fun, just utter frustrating match after frustrating match.

Played 3 games tonight. First one and every one of my players were running through treacle whilst having the first touch of a school child. On a few occasions when I got in behind the defender caught me up with ease despite me having 5 yards start. Anyone who insists rubber banding doesn't happen can do one. Second game I dropped it to Professional level and I lost out to every header in the game. That isn't even possible in real life. Third and final game I stayed on Professional with PA1 and led 1-0 until the last ten minutes, which is when the rage hit me full on. Until that point I'd conceded 4 goals from corners. In the last ten minutes I conceded 2 more from corners. I took the disc out and stopped myself snapping it in half just about. Conceding a corner is like conceding a penalty - about 85% of them go in. Not even the worst arcade football game in history got it that wrong. There's simply no way to defend them.

I know I've said it already but I think I'm checking out this year. I'm glad loads of you are enjoying it but I'm simply not. It's no fun, just a fucking ball ache chore. I want to feel like I can compete without having to drop the difficulty down so much that there's no challenge. Scripting the result before the game kicks off is shit programming and I'm not wasting any more hours trying to master a game that works so hard against me.

I rarely concede from a corner .. .are you using the tactics to defend against the corners? . .I usually use mixed and try control a player to attack the ball and press the shoot button. .. . . facing away from goal of course.

Go zonal,chose a strong player,make your opponents fight him.
Struggled on corners last year,learned how to defend,and now,I concede every now and then,but not that much.
And the scripting,I'm on top player,on manual,and I haven't seen that much scripting,small things.
To bad you don't enjoy it,it's hands down the best game ever made.
I'm not gonna be a smart ass and tell you to go practice,but it's the toughest game I've played.
My take on this game,on my first ML try,manual superstar,never ever been beaten so badly,then top player,hated the game,then proffesional,still hated it.
Then I started to learn the fundamentals agin,passing,crossing on the training ground,started a new ML on proffesional,slowly things got better,now I'm on TP,winning most games.
Hope you'll return to it

Last edited:

Buddy give regular a go, it's not as easy as you think and it may solve most of your problems, my mate who is also a seasoned pro player, likes to play a certain way and regular has hit he's sweet spot, give it a go before u pack it in, it may surprise you.

Re: winning headers. Apply the same logic as you would for meeting a cross and what the online manual suggests for them - power it up early. Don't try to always to finesse a midfield or defensive header, as tempting as it is, if it is simply not on. You might get away with that away from goal (and again if you have powered it up) but against crosses you are asking for trouble.

There is a level of scripting but for the first time in a long time a football game I feel like I can do something about it. Passes getting cut out? If you aare playing compact, spread your team out more, or vice versa if the more range-y game isn't working. Chasing a goal? Get the big man on and apply "Centering Targets" Advanced Instruction, double it up with "Groove the Touchline" (lol) so as wide players stay wide, and make sure your best long passers are the ones delivering the crosses if possible. Get rapid on the attack/defence level switching too if you are one behind and the clock is ticking. You will knacker some players but believe me, as much as it might not seem like when playing just now, the COM doesn't like it up em', and doesn't play a flawless game unless you allow it to.

These aren't guarantees, but the tactical stuff does work in the right situation; at the very least it can change the shape of the game.

Dribbling? It is just practice and getting a feel for players. Every single one is different and it goes underappreciated in the game. Castledine has become an absolute revelation for me in control in my second Serie B season on Top Player. He is slight and sometimes appears like he is always just about to lose control but he is proving very quick footed in tight situations, if not exactly on the sprint... but even then...

Note his gradual acceleration. Every player has this to a varying degree, even when they are changing direction. The quicker you can get certain players moving, the more likely they will leave players for dead, and it is not about flat out sprints. Takes some doing though as players often won't commit like that, especially defenders. It really is about building momentum and not necessarily hitting top speed and taking on a marker like that; more a player shifting through the gears that will cause problems.

OK, I will try and write a simple guide. Delete all edit files etc on your PS4 hard drive. Start from scratch.

1. Install PES 2017 & Download Update (you have probably already done this)

2. Boot PES 2017

3. DON'T apply any Live Updates!

4. EDIT - Data Management - Import/Export - Import PES World Option Files (PL, SkyBet, Logos etc)

5. Do the same as above for logos but IMPORT EMBLEMS instead of kits.

6. Import/Export - Delete Images - Manager Photo - Stadium

7. EDIT - Data Management - Import/Export - Import Cristiano's other leagues (Serie B, Liga NOS etc)

8. Import/Export - Delete Images - Manager Photo - Stadium

(Optional) Install International Teams from Cristiano's Option File.

9. EDIT - Download LIVE UPDATE (your new kits won't be effected don't worry!)

10. All done!

That did it for me, Cheers Buddy

Re: winning headers. Apply the same logic as you would for meeting a cross and what the online manual suggests for them - power it up early. Don't try to always to finesse a midfield or defensive header, as tempting as it is, if it is simply not on. You might get away with that away from goal (and again if you have powered it up) but against crosses you are asking for trouble.

There is a level of scripting but for the first time in a long time a football game I feel like I can do something about it. Passes getting cut out? If you aare playing compact, spread your team out more, or vice versa if the more range-y game isn't working. Chasing a goal? Get the big man on and apply "Centering Targets" Advanced Instruction, double it up with "Groove the Touchline" (lol) so as wide players stay wide, and make sure your best long passers are the ones delivering the crosses if possible. Get rapid on the attack/defence level switching too if you are one behind and the clock is ticking. You will knacker some players but believe me, as much as it might not seem like when playing just now, the COM doesn't like it up em', and doesn't play a flawless game unless you allow it to.

These aren't guarantees, but the tactical stuff does work in the right situation; at the very least it can change the shape of the game.

Dribbling? It is just practice and getting a feel for players. Every single one is different and it goes underappreciated in the game. Castledine has become an absolute revelation for me in control in my second Serie B season on Top Player. He is slight and sometimes appears like he is always just about to lose control but he is proving very quick footed in tight situations, if not exactly on the sprint... but even then...

Note his gradual acceleration. Every player has this to a varying degree, even when they are changing direction. The quicker you can get certain players moving, the more likely they will leave players for dead, and it is not about flat out sprints. Takes some doing though as players often won't commit like that, especially defenders. It really is about building momentum and not necessarily hitting top speed and taking on a marker like that; more a player shifting through the gears that will cause problems.

Brilliant goal. What camera settings do you use?

Back
Top Bottom