PES 2017 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

It's a shame really, there's a lot of positive stuff going on over at pesgaming in terms of people collaborating and cleaning up each others work etc so that response to the DFL thread caught me off guard. Oh ego, the great destroyer :LOL:

Exactly, there is not many of us around who can do this stuff and people like me who started modding when games were not as complicated as they are now are scarce to find so we need all the help we can get.

But are PES World kits much better quality? I have read that they are.
They are, and I'd love to use them with Cristiano's DFL file, but I remember having trouble matching up the filenames of the kits from one to the other. If I had to choose between great kits and average kits with no fake teams or players, I'd pick the latter.

They are, and I'd love to use them with Cristiano's DFL file, but I remember having trouble matching up the filenames of the kits from one to the other. If I had to choose between great kits and average kits with no fake teams or players, I'd pick the latter.

Cristiano's V.4 file has now addressed the filename issue - I have just downloaded but will wait until the PS4 Pro arrives before installing, can't be bothered to do it twice!

I've decided to come back to this game again. It's a bit more fun now I've dropped the difficulty again. However, perhaps my copy is broken somehow, but 9 out of 10 corners I concede end in a goal. I have tried EVERYTHING. Man to man marking, zonal marking, super cancel, call the keeper out - you name it. Ball comes in, attacker jumps and heads in. Every. Fucking. Time.

Don't call your keeper out, let the AI deal with that... (at least in my experience) just mark your man and prepare your jump. I don't find corners in anyway over powered for either team and actually they are quite fun as it can spark a right mess. Keep plugging away and it will come.

I've decided to come back to this game again. It's a bit more fun now I've dropped the difficulty again. However, perhaps my copy is broken somehow, but 9 out of 10 corners I concede end in a goal. I have tried EVERYTHING. Man to man marking, zonal marking, super cancel, call the keeper out - you name it. Ball comes in, attacker jumps and heads in. Every. Fucking. Time.

I've conceded maybe once from a corner (I'm saying once but I genuinely can't remember if I have). I always go zonal, but if I notice the AI adapts and sets itself with lots of runners around the edge of the box to attack my six yard box I'll move to mixed so at least some of the runners are marked.

Before the ball is delivered I select my best header, for example Diego Godin with Atleti and move him slightly closer to the penalty spot than the rest of the zonal defenders. Most of the time he will be selected for the arial duel unless they intend to send it to the far post. I think the most important thing is though power up EARLY. I don't think headers work in this game depending on your timing (at least not in my experience, but I'm probably wrong) and rely more on player stats etc. Hope this helps somewhat!

I found a tutorial for PES 16 on corners,cause I conceded massively last year when coming back from FIFA,on YouTube,no link sorry
Also,you can play as the defending team on the training ground,just set training to corners,and plug away.
Don't know how many hours I spent there,it helps though.
Good seeing you back

I've conceded maybe once from a corner (I'm saying once but I genuinely can't remember if I have). I always go zonal, but if I notice the AI adapts and sets itself with lots of runners around the edge of the box to attack my six yard box I'll move to mixed so at least some of the runners are marked.

Before the ball is delivered I select my best header, for example Diego Godin with Atleti and move him slightly closer to the penalty spot than the rest of the zonal defenders. Most of the time he will be selected for the arial duel unless they intend to send it to the far post. I think the most important thing is though power up EARLY. I don't think headers work in this game depending on your timing (at least not in my experience, but I'm probably wrong) and rely more on player stats etc. Hope this helps somewhat!
Powering up,and moving in to space is key,same thing when heading in their box.
I also use zonal,always choose my strongest header for the job

Powering up,and moving in to space is key,same thing when heading in their box.
I also use zonal,always choose my strongest header for the job

Zonal is the best system for defending corners both in game and in the real world too. Unfortunately due to being English I get the joy of listening to pundits slag it off once a month when a team concedes from a corner who use zonal marking. I also get to hear them go eerily quiet when a team using man marking concedes from a corner. Infuriating but hilarious all at the same time.

Zonal is the best system for defending corners both in game and in the real world too. Unfortunately due to being English I get the joy of listening to pundits slag it off once a month when a team concedes from a corner who use zonal marking. I also get to hear them go eerily quiet when a team using man marking concedes from a corner. Infuriating but hilarious all at the same time.
Zonal is the best,one lazy player ruins the whole system if you man mark
So absolutely

Don't call your keeper out, let the AI deal with that... (at least in my experience) just mark your man and prepare your jump. I don't find corners in anyway over powered for either team and actually they are quite fun as it can spark a right mess. Keep plugging away and it will come.

I have to say that for me, the Dash setting on my corners is way over-powered. I scored so often that I don't use it anymore to keep it fair.

Advice needed.

I am going to delete all PES 2017 data from my PS4 and fresh install Cristiano's latest option file which gives us all teams and gets rid of fake players.

Then I will start a ML with Spurs.

My question is: When I get the PS4 Pro next month, will I be able to continue my ML after installing Cristiano's OF on there? The issue I have is I am trading my PS4 towards the Pro in GAME.

I am thinking that it's not worth the hassle and to wait until I get the Pro on release day and then go start a ML then, rather than now.

In the meantime I guess I could play some online matches and exhibition games.

Advice needed.

I am going to delete all PES 2017 data from my PS4 and fresh install Cristiano's latest option file which gives us all teams and gets rid of fake players.

My question is: When I get the PS4 Pro next month, will I be able to continue my ML after installing Cristiano's OF on there? The issue I have is I am trading my PS4 towards the Pro in GAME.

I am thinking that it's not worth the hassle and to wait until I get the Pro on release day and then go start a ML then, rather than now.

My advice would be to hold off on your "proper" ML til you get the PS4 Pro.

In the meantime, I would suggest that you play a ML in like Spain for example to get to grips with how different the gameplay is in ML. It's nothing like exhibition matches - it's night and day. Use your time now to get used that and then you'll be ready for your proper ML next month.

Exactly, there is not many of us around who can do this stuff and people like me who started modding when games were not as complicated as they are now are scarce to find so we need all the help we can get.
Please can I ask bro I love your tactics but I'm confused when u give your edit file do I just over write mine when using pesuniverse option file?.

My advice would be to hold off on your "proper" ML til you get the PS4 Pro.

In the meantime, I would suggest that you play a ML in like Spain for example to get to grips with how different the gameplay is in ML. It's nothing like exhibition matches - it's night and day. Use your time now to get used that and then you'll be ready for your proper ML next month.
Good advice mate, thanks!

Advice needed.

Does this OF include real players from all national teams and classic players as well?

Google Drive also tends to block links temporarily if they generate too much traffic. I'd expect that your files will be selling like hot cakes.

But are PES World kits much better quality? I have read that they are.

Nope, not at all, we are already on our 3rd update with a full bundesliga and tactics. With more tactics coming.

Like i said the hype came from reddit posts from fake accounts made by a certain PES World member.

They have used every dirty trick in the book to try and sabotage PES universe.

Please can I ask bro I love your tactics but I'm confused when u give your edit file do I just over write mine when using pesuniverse option file?.

Oh, thats for PC man, don't worry this weekend i will release something so everyone can import them themselves, also in the coming weeks PES Universe will have all my tactics for the top 4 leagues (EPL, La Liga, Bundersliga & Serie A) Along with many more teams.

Nope, not at all, we are already on our 3rd update with a full bundesliga and tactics. With more tactics coming.

Like i said the hype came from reddit posts from fake accounts made by a certain PES World member.

They have used every dirty trick in the book to try and sabotage PES universe.
Thanks for the explanation.

I have to admit, I don't see the difference between PES World and Cristiano's kits.

If anything, PES World seem to take an absolute age to release anything.

Just to add:

I have just read on two different forums that the DFL option file is rushed out and full of mistakes. In my game I have only noticed a few minor things like spelling errors but nothing major.

Apparently the Bundesliga stats are way OTT as well. Eintracht Frankfurt being a 4.5 star team, is this true?!

Back
Top Bottom