PES 2017 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

Cant beat em? Join em.

Well, I did. Im officially a throughball spammer, pressure whore and pingponger :D I really tried and wanted to play this game the proper way, the footie way, but it doesnt work. I lost 5 of 10. Then I switched to the other style and I won 7 in a row. Some matches were good, but all in all its too fast, too arcadey, too frenetic. Its not as fun as PES could be, but its just the way it is. Take it or leave it, so I took it.

The only thing I didnt change is team. I play as Athletic Bilbao, 90% of the time against Barcelona or Real Madrid, because kids always choose the strongest teams, I wish there was (in Divisions) a filter that you could be matched only against teams with same *rating (like it is in quick match). Its a shame, because the low quality teams matches were always the best :)

it's really frustrating when you get tackled the moment you attempt to touch the ball online.

Most of the goals are conceeded when I am dispossessed in DMF or CB positions and duly punished.

Attackers are not so efficient at tackling IRL

They want you to play quick pass or hoof the ball and I am not sure if this is the right approach in terms of what Konami are trying to do with the game.

I really think they need an online beta like 2011 with regular users instead of inviting pals and fifa FUT youtubers to give input into the game.

It's demoralising when a great game is held back by silly little things.

did someone noticed that playing against AI in superstar teams somehow lost individuality? I play master league with ajax and all teams play like they chase the score, route one long balls all the time. maybe teams need edited strategies before starting master league. playing on professional gives me more variety in every game. anyone noticed this? playing on superstar makes game more challenging but also more arcade

Maybe, just maybe, I've been hooked in to manual passing AND manual shooting.

Just had a brilliant match against Inter (OK, only on Professional) with everything manual and scored a cracker. I actually jumped out of my seat when it went in. The manual passing is starting to click and I'm not putting balls out for throw ins anymore.

I officially quit being the only jerk on the whole planet playing Divisions with non-5* team. Ultraoverpowered Real Madrid only for me now. Fuck you very much Konami for not giving us the chance to choose teams strenght for both players in this game mode. Its just unbelievable, how many of those little things does Konami wrong and EA good.

Maybe, just maybe, I've been hooked in to manual passing AND manual shooting.

Just had a brilliant match against Inter (OK, only on Professional) with everything manual and scored a cracker. I actually jumped out of my seat when it went in. The manual passing is starting to click and I'm not putting balls out for throw ins anymore.

Keep on playing, mate!! I use the exact same settings and having a lot of fun with it.
Lovely curl to the cross ball when assisting the first goal! Thumbs up!!! :)

Keep on playing, mate!! I use the exact same settings and having a lot of fun with it.
Lovely curl to the cross ball when assisting the first goal! Thumbs up!!! :)

Thanks. I wish I knew how I did it!

It's strange - before today I got so frustrated with manual passing because the ball just wouldn't go where I wanted, like it was over sensitive or something. Today though, something just went "click" and I was spraying the ball around with relative comfort. I put some lovely moves together in a way I couldn't before. I'm pleased it has finally sunk in. PES is back.

Genuine non-snarky question for the online players: why do you seem to imagine every year that things are going to be different? Online football gaming is terrible and always has been. Okay, so you've had some great games against people who play properly. But those games are, what, 1% of the whole? 5%? Whatever the figure, the rate of return is so low as to make it a worthless endeavour. Online football gaming is a complete waste of time. The dullest offline game against the most plodding, predictable AI is still better than almost any online game against the usual sort of customer you're likely to meet.

So I'm near the end of my first ML season (PEU League) and pretty much 90% of league matches are held at night. And if somehow they start during the day, it's raining. I remember there was a match where I saw the shadow of stadium's roof on the pitch but that's it, a single match played during a sunny day. I know people complained about day/night balance in ML for some time now but to be honest it seemed pretty balanced to me up to this point. What's your experience?

Aside from that I enjoy the game, though I'd still say the AI on Super Star should be able to create more chances. Typically, when I play against a team on a similar level, the opponents have 1 or 2 shots during the whole game when I have 6 or more. Sure, more often then not it's me who loses 0-1 (all the more frustrating), but still.

Genuine non-snarky question for the online players: why do you seem to imagine every year that things are going to be different? Online football gaming is terrible and always has been. Okay, so you've had some great games against people who play properly. But those games are, what, 1% of the whole? 5%? Whatever the figure, the rate of return is so low as to make it a worthless endeavour. Online football gaming is a complete waste of time. The dullest offline game against the most plodding, predictable AI is still better than almost any online game against the usual sort of customer you're likely to meet.

This. You've said what many of us think, but didn't have it crystallised. Playing random children online with Konami's poor server infrastructure is a recipe for failure. FIFA is just shit overall, so there's no hope there in any aspect. I enjoyed curdstar's post from earlier today where he references the hardcore PES fanbase (the age demographic begins around 30ish) and the very different sort of enjoyment and engagement we look for in a football game (offline being primary of course).

Thanks. I wish I knew how I did it!

It's strange - before today I got so frustrated with manual passing because the ball just wouldn't go where I wanted, like it was over sensitive or something. Today though, something just went "click" and I was spraying the ball around with relative comfort. I put some lovely moves together in a way I couldn't before. I'm pleased it has finally sunk in. PES is back.
Told you!
Keep at it and it will click.
Happy for you

Cant believe people are only just realizing online gaming is dead.....

It died a long time ago.

I started doing a classic Newcastle team today. From the entertainers period. Never been someone who did faces so struggling with things like beardsley's face, but have asprilla and rob lee playing just like they did

Also don't know how to do strips, so using the current strip

Loved Asprilla . . I thought he was brilliant. .. . even though He was a bit of a mad bastard.

Last edited:
Are the ratings on myclub messed up? I'v been saving all this time to get the best RB on the game (Dani Alves rated 84). The second I got him, his rating was suddenly 77. I could of not wasted all that hard work and got Lichtsteiner.

Are the ratings on myclub messed up? I'v been saving all this time to get the best RB on the game (Dani Alves rated 84). The second I got him, his rating was suddenly 77. I could of not wasted all that hard work and got Lichtsteiner.

Sounds like you are playing him as RMF maybe??

Ok, its been about 3 weeks now since release, im playing the PC version more since the PS4 version is the same and importing everything takes ages.

Serie A tactics done, i'm on game 9 using Bologna

I'm in love.

Every match has been just wow. Its just gets better and better. I need to upload some of the highlights i've done after some of the matches especially ths last one vs Sampdoria! They were aggressive, uncompromising, relentless in their attack, fouled me no less than 6 times with multiple cards handed out.

Despite being massively outplayed and drenched, that early goal from Floccari who had to start since Destro has lost all his confidence since hes not scored at all earned me the point in what looks like will be a hard relegation battle.

Ok, its been about 3 weeks now since release, im playing the PC version more since the PS4 version is the same and importing everything takes ages.

Serie A tactics done, i'm on game 9 using Bologna

I'm in love.

Every match has been just wow. Its just gets better and better. I need to upload some of the highlights i've done after some of the matches especially ths last one vs Sampdoria! They were aggressive, uncompromising, relentless in their attack, fouled me no less than 6 times with multiple cards handed out.

Despite being massively outplayed and drenched, that early goal from Floccari who had to start since Destro has lost all his confidence since hes not scored at all earned me the point in what looks like will be a hard relegation battle.

Serie A tactics done you say? Please share if possible, mate.

you got him from the scout?then he is lv1 from the start with lower rating and you need to level him up and he will be around 84 in lv30 I think

Ah! My beloved attempt at a The Thing-esque selfie when we had a total whiteout up here early this year and I was out with the even then still too warm Canada Goose jacket with the big ruff. Loved that jacket, but utterly pointless for UK winter unless you want to sleep out in the snow.

What is your twitter handle, mate?
It's a fine-looking jacket, to be sure. I'll pay more attention to the PES-posts now I know it's you! The handle's "suchChrisDavies".

Does anyone know when there will be an option file that also has formations and tactics adjusted?
Getting bored facing teams that line up 4231.

Back
Top Bottom