PES 2017 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

I'm actually having troubles with through balls, it's very hard on Superstar ML. They intercept 95% of them, and I sometimes use manual because of that. Even with a player like Verratti it gets harder.

Problem is that i can't see difference between Verati and 50 rated player when it comes to pass accurancy, thats why i think pass accurancy is still problem :( Basic through are too hard or i am not getting you ? what is harder ? advenced or manual ? i didnt try manual yet. i play only friendly match atm.
Good thing is that this year you can see that Robben or Douglas Costa is faster players that for example Terry or MAtic , Body balance for strong players and ball controll is fixed.Also special skills like Long ranger or long passer are there and this is very nice to see Robben trying to score from 30 m . . LAst 2 or 3 years we had 22 clones on pitch , just like fifa ;)

Last edited:
Told my brother to buy this. He wouldn't have it. "PES has been rubbish since PES 6. You're not fooling me again."

Today he gave in and bought it from Argos for 36 quid.

I spent this afternoon installing option files for him. He just played 3 exhibition games in a row, on superstar difficulty. Won 1, lost 2.

"Bloody hell. This is the best football game I have played in many years."

:LOL:

Can anyone playing leagues or ML advise on which ones have more night games and the ones with majority of day games???

I've now settled on PA1 and manual shooting ..I have no problems with manual passing other than it reduces individuality too much ..for me this is what PES was all about..bringing a player into the game that can change it..I don't get that enough on manual passing ..on PA1 I brought rooney on and the impact on the game stood out

I've now settled on PA1 and manual shooting ..I have no problems with manual passing other than it reduces individuality too much ..for me this is what PES was all about..bringing a player into the game that can change it..I don't get that enough on manual passing ..on PA1 I brought rooney on and the impact on the game stood out
Rooney?
Impact?
No....

t
no im doing a gameplay optionfile to fix the whole game, every team will be updated to play properly and reflect their real like counterparts

That would be great Goalgerd . .do you base the way the teams will play on your own idea of how they should play?

t

That would be great Goalgerd . .do you base the way the teams will play on your own idea of how they should play?

no as close to as way they play as possible, ive taken chimps ideas on global stat editing(from when we worked together on pes2011) and had great success working with the german phoenix team on pes 6 using the same method, so I'm hoping knowing konami the same designers have made the same fixable errors , I watch a shit load of football anyway so it should be decent

no as close to as way they play as possible, ive taken chimps ideas on global stat editing(from when we worked together on pes2011) and had great success working with the german phoenix team on pes 6 using the same method, so I'm hoping knowing konami the same designers have made the same fixable errors , I watch a shit load of football anyway so it should be decent
Would u like help

People are loaded with preconceptions about PES 2017 before ever really giving it a fair chance. Thats been proved on this forum recently. People are reading shit into the game because of confirmation bias. Years of playing FIFA has warped their shallow minds of what a football game should be about. It takes a while on PES 2017 to remember what it used to be about. But I think years of Ultimate Team and all the licenses under the sun has brainwashed people into thinking thats what a football game is now about. No its not.

PES 2017 is a well pulled pint. The "other game" is just mostly froth. If you like froth, fine, drink your froth. But I like my Guinness just right, thanks.

it's gonna take years to bring the tide over to PES. It's not going to happen in one year. Kids buy Fifa because their friends bought it. It's like a giant movement, Konami needs to win for ten years to see huge sales increases. Pushing a thousand people can be quick but not ten million....

it's gonna take years to bring the tide over to PES. It's not going to happen in one year.

I dont think Konami are trying to do that though. They believe and have confidence in their own product now, the focus is solely on the game itself, improving gameplay elements, improving presentation, gaining more club partnerships. I honestly dont think Konami are concerned about the rival anymore. It is what it is. For years they did and the game took a nosedive, they've clearly changed strategy and tact and the game has benefited greatly. Whatever happens regards a switch or bandwagon happens, they're laid back on it I believe. They're targeting the game at the right players, if others follow, great. But to be honest I'd think they'd rather not have the Ultimate Team crew jumping over. Financially maybe, of course, but in terms of the game, no. These players wreck a game.

Konami doing just fine. If they weren't they wouldnt be still sticking a football game out there. Its ALWAYS done well for itself, regardless of FIFA and regardless of the years of crap games they put out themselves. It still sold, enough, to be satisfied with and continue.

Thats all that matters.

Jesus, this game is so fucking frustrating when playing online. Only pressure whores, pingpongpassers, throughball spammers and as a bonus the a lot less responsive own players, who just run with the ball into the opponent instead of passing when I press it. The same stupid kids that play FIFA. Im probably too old for this. PES 2017 offline - (almost a ) masterpiece (its a shame I just dont enjoy playing against the AI), PES 2017 online - piece of shit, such a disappointment. Im done with it.

I dont think Konami are trying to do that though. They believe and have confidence in their own product now, the focus is solely on the game itself, improving gameplay elements, improving presentation, gaining more club partnerships. I honestly dont think Konami are concerned about the rival anymore. It is what it is. For years they did and the game took a nosedive, they've clearly changed strategy and tact and the game has benefited greatly. Whatever happens regards a switch or bandwagon happens, they're laid back on it I believe. They're targeting the game at the right players, if others follow, great. But to be honest I'd think they'd rather not have the Ultimate Team crew jumping over. Financially maybe, of course, but in terms of the game, no. These players wreck a game.

Konami doing just fine. If they weren't they wouldnt be still sticking a football game out there. Its ALWAYS done well for itself, regardless of FIFA and regardless of the years of crap games they put out themselves. It still sold, enough, to be satisfied with and continue.

Thats all that matters.
agreed, but if Konami improves presentation, adds a lot more partnerships, keeps getting the higher reviews for this generation, they will hit the four to five million mark in sales from Fifa players getting both games. That's around what NBA 2K sells.

And that's great amount of money annually.

Ah, that's probably not so bad. I imagine EA's overhead is a lot bigger than Konami's. Anyway, a rising tide lifts all boats.
EA's spending more than most developing studios make! With marketing and licensing.
Couldn't imagine that much money..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom