PES 2017 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

I'll give that a try.

It's never been a problem till this year because i've never been able to win a bloody free kick. Now I have loads but they all go over or hit the wall.

I'm getting the hang of the close ones .. .the ones further out take more power so I try to pull down immediately after kicking . . . I think theres a free kick tutorial by one of the guys in the video thread.

Got to admit, the AI pushing my players to the floor and getting away with murder, then the ref giving them a free kick because my player's shirt brushed against the other player's shirt, is really starting to fuck me off.

I said it a while ago now but it seems like the game is still programmed like: when the AI sets out to foul you (with a bad slide tackle), it's a foul, but when something unexpected happens and they bundle your player off the ball, it's not a foul, because the referee isn't "switched on" outside of those binary "foul incoming" situations.

Love the game, though, really do. I've come back to it after a few days of FIFA and it's such a breath of fresh air. I only wish that refs were better and that response times when you're trying to dribble were a little bit sharper (I'm back to playing on -1 speed though, 0 was too end-to-end).

Basic through ball is game braker for me. Every player can easly pass like Xavi or Iniesta. Now i decided to switch to Advenced through ball and seems like game is much more balanced. Now i can keep my mind away from scoring goals in that way ;)

Guys just to share this, try customising Pitchside camera, zoom 0, height 3, angle 3. such a beautiful experience, all animations look great and big part of the pitch is also on screen. It`s such a shame konami doesn`t allow us to edit all cameras, the default cam with angle options will be joy to play...

Can anyone tell me if the Emirates Stadium is in the game in it's full glory or will this be included with a data pack in the near future?

Also, with the weekly live update downloaded and applied via the in games main menu, is there a way I can apply it to the team's rosters in edit data without having to select save and letting it overwrite my current edit data where I have the bundesliga?

Should I choose Not to let the live update overwrite my edit data when it asks. Will the live update still apply to my edit data? Can I go into edit mode and manually apply the live update by saving upon exiting?

I want to make sure I have the most up to date rosters and transfers for offline play, but without having to let the data overwrite my edit data and changing my created bundesliga players to default ones.

If there's any way around this by tricking the system and still be able to benefit from the update without it affecting my created teams, please let me know.

Really bugs me we can't change the camera online, I feel Dynamic wide still is a bit too close for my liking, want to see more of the pitch!
I wrote to official Pes twitter 2 years ago, last year and one week ago. No answer. Can't belive......Adam said the option is close because from the lag......unbelievable

Last edited:
Can anyone tell me if the Emirates Stadium is in the game in it's full glory or will this be included with a data pack in the near future?

Also, with the weekly live update downloaded and applied via the in games main menu, is there a way I can apply it to the team's rosters in edit data without having to select save and letting it overwrite my current edit data where I have the bundesliga?

Should I choose Not to let the live update overwrite my edit data when it asks. Will the live update still apply to my edit data? Can I go into edit mode and manually apply the live update by saving upon exiting?

I want to make sure I have the most up to date rosters and transfers for offline play, but without having to let the data overwrite my edit data and changing my created bundesliga players to default ones.

If there's any way around this by tricking the system and still be able to benefit from the update without it affecting my created teams, please let me know.

No Emirates Stadium in future via DLC. Only Anfield and Signal Iduna Park.

Guys just to share this, try customising Pitchside camera, zoom 0, height 3, angle 3. such a beautiful experience, all animations look great and big part of the pitch is also on screen. It`s such a shame konami doesn`t allow us to edit all cameras, the default cam with angle options will be joy to play...
Good tip,might go for that one

I have no issues with live update and edit file from Glens PES World option file.

Got to admit, the AI pushing my players to the floor and getting away with murder, then the ref giving them a free kick because my player's shirt brushed against the other player's shirt, is really starting to fuck me off.

I said it a while ago now but it seems like the game is still programmed like: when the AI sets out to foul you (with a bad slide tackle), it's a foul, but when something unexpected happens and they bundle your player off the ball, it's not a foul, because the referee isn't "switched on" outside of those binary "foul incoming" situations.

Love the game, though, really do. I've come back to it after a few days of FIFA and it's such a breath of fresh air. I only wish that refs were better and that response times when you're trying to dribble were a little bit sharper (I'm back to playing on -1 speed though, 0 was too end-to-end).

As I said the other day, Ive had players assaulted and got nothing. Still 0 pens after roughly 125 games.

I wrote to official Pes twitter 2 years ago, last year and one week ago. No answer. Can't belive......Adam said the option is close because from the lag......unbelievable

Weird, not sure why this would be a problem. I would be happy if the default Dynamic wide- camera was zoomed out just a tad bit more though.

Its a good game but its still irking me at times. Played as Feyenoord last night againt Go ahead eagles and they one touched it around like the globetrotters!

If anyone is expecting PES to outsell fifa you are either high or just just plain crazy person. That game sells like hot cakes. More so why they dont need to push the boundaries on gameplay if it sells that well.

I worry about PES as a franchise. As long as they away sustainable and keep the shareholders happy its good news. The moment the start regressing and showing profit losses is when the alarm bells will ring.

PES even it's hayday never outsold FIFA so these figures are no surprise. Here in the UK there are a whole generation of young gamers who have grown up on FIFA due to the poor iterations of PES over the last 10 years so this also plays a part in these sales figures.

Thankfully from what I have read the UK and German markets in particular are not core markets for PES, it sells much better in other parts of Europe, South America and Asia to make the game sustainable for Konami.

What they need to do is continue to produce good quality games over the next few years and that will ultimately get more people buying the game in the UK and worldwide. This year for the first time I have seen more professional footballers tweeting about loving PES!

Basic through ball is game braker for me. Every player can easly pass like Xavi or Iniesta. Now i decided to switch to Advenced through ball and seems like game is much more balanced. Now i can keep my mind away from scoring goals in that way ;)

I'm actually having troubles with through balls, it's very hard on Superstar ML. They intercept 95% of them, and I sometimes use manual because of that. Even with a player like Verratti it gets harder.

No surprise - most of the kids in my sons football team (u/15) bought Fifa yet all the Dads agreed PES is the better game!
FIFA has always out sold PES so nothing to worry about.
Looks at how many people play fut , clubs etc. Online is the key and pes has a terrible reputation for online playabiliyty amongst regular fifa and pes purchasers. Unless this is taken seriously and not an afterthought a fortnight after the game is out it'll not compete for a fair few years, decent reviews or not

Looks at how many people play fut , clubs etc. Online is the key and pes has a terrible reputation for online playabiliyty amongst regular fifa and pes purchasers. Unless this is taken seriously and not an afterthought a fortnight after the game is out it'll not compete for a fair few years, decent reviews or not
To drive that home, I spoke to a member of these forums from years ago yesterday - Tim7, if anyone remembers - and his comments were along the lines of "PES runs like shit online so FIFA is the better game".

I can't really argue with that, having only played it online a few times and not having the smoothest of experiences at least 33% of the time.

Last edited:
It doesnt matter how much more FIFA sells compared to PES. PES does just fine in its own right. Thats all that matters to Konami, they're not competing on that front. Konami focusing on its own game and niche market. Stuff FIFA. If they had licenses FIFA would still sell more, its established a different market. Wont change shit.

Dont agree. FIFA sold better but difference was not so big 5 mln for Pes 8 mln for FIFA. Now it's 1,5 mln for Pes and 16 mln for FIFA. It's KO. It's terrible info sold 40x less copies than FIFA in UK. Shock.

Back
Top Bottom