PES 2017 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

beckham's free kick motion looks total wank*. he has fake name in euro classic team, saunders. back in the day its spot on

*i meant in pes 2017, its not as good as what they had before...

Last edited:
further proof konami pes team smokes some seriously good shit. what an insult to a supposed "legend" in your game
Ctiuf6-XYAA4WPg.jpg

I finally got a few games in last night, this time on Professional difficulty with 0 pass assist and +1 shooting assist. First was away to Watford and I ended the game on 60% pass completion rate and won the game 1-0. Yes, I scored my first ever manual goal and it felt great.

Second game was away to Villareal in the Europa League. Man it was tough and quite annoying because simply, 5 yard passes to players close by were sailing right past them and into opposition possession, or out for throws etc. I finished with 65% pass rate. I stuck at it despite falling 1-0 behind quite early on. In the last 15 mins I think they shut up shop to hold out for the win and they dropped deeper and deeper. Because of this I was able to bring the ball forwards over the half way line numerous times but, centrally at least, there was no way through. At the 90+3 mark I somehow over hit a pass out wide to Ramsey who sprinted to the by line and managed to hook his right foot around it for the cross that I was dearly hoping for. It looped beautifully to the back stick over the despairing keeper onto Cazorla's head and the defender with him couldn't get anything on it as it flew into the top corner. I actually shouted out "yeeesssss" when that happened. Such a great feeling. As the ref blew to restart the game he blew again to end it. I'd stolen a precious draw and away goal.

One other thing - which option file should I use? I have the PES World one, which is great, but I want rid of all those South American teams and replaced with more European teams that aren't there like Aberdeen etc. I don't really want to start a ML with a load of teams spelt like a lunchbox falling on a keyboard!

Pesuniverse v2 premier league update - with tactics and 2048x2048 high res is out now.

Also I didn't realise that their Bundesliga had tactics as well.

So I'll guess I'll be taking my current option file off and putting these on tonight!

Also a full MLS on pes gaming.

There are games that i wish wouldn't end,I could do a 40min game easy with this, just when you think you've seen it all with the adaptive AI, it still constantly surprises with the way it builds up its way towards goal seriously I'm amazed.

Pesuniverse v2 premier league update - with tactics and 2048x2048 high res is out now.

Also I didn't realise that their Bundesliga had tactics as well.

So I'll guess I'll be taking my current option file off and putting these on tonight!

Also a full MLS on pes gaming.

worthless until the kits are in 1024

how do you get the yellow card to show next to the player name you are controlling at that point in time? (name above the head btw, not the bottom bar)
You have to go to System settings in the pause menu while playing a match. There is an option (I don't know how is it exactly in english) that says show info or something like that, it's related to the bottom player names in screen, disable it and Yellow cards will appear over player's head. If you also change (in control settings) the option to show player name, you'll get what you were asking. ;)

Any decent tips for defending? I'm coming over from FIFA and it's my only gripe with the game. At times my defenders just don't get close to the attacker in the box whilst I'm holding the button to pressure them. I'm sure there's some technique I need to master - any advice?

yup total insult this guy should be over 90 clearly
nah its not that. they've got his height wrong, primary position wrong, and cmf/dmf positions shaded in? hes never played in those positions

EDIT: they've got his weight wrong as well! no way was he 80kg at anytime during his career

Last edited:
Good think this years is that there is individuality. Hazard is much faster than any CB , Ball controll and body balance differences between players is finally there , not like in pes 16 . Thats why i decided to sell pes 16 after 2 weeks. Nice progress Konami. Only one think i am not sure is passing individuality between low rated players and stars like Iniesta.

Last edited:
One other thing - which option file should I use? I have the PES World one, which is great, but I want rid of all those South American teams and replaced with more European teams that aren't there like Aberdeen etc. I don't really want to start a ML with a load of teams spelt like a lunchbox falling on a keyboard!
This PES world is so through but he is a bit slow. Itching to get going on ML but I only do so after the 1st patch. I just want every team licensed and photos and stadiums and rivalries sorted so that I can start in earnest.

Good think this years is that there is individuality. Hazard is much faster than any CB , Ball controll and body balance differences between players is finally there , not like in pes 16 . Thats why i decided to sell pes 16 after 2 weeks. Nice progress Konami. Only one think i ma not sure about is passing individuality between low rated players and stars like Iniesta.

Good thing about the passing, it can be fixed in a patch, all depends on who they are listening to.

Good thing about the passing, it can be fixed in a patch, all depends on who they are listening to.
I think the passing system is a fundamental part of the gameplay and it's been this way for a long time (i.e. no pass error) - and Konami only ever seem to use patches to fix bugs, rather than tweak anything.

I'd love them to patch it but I can't see that happening.

I love the game regardless, can't get enough.

I think the passing system is a fundamental part of the gameplay and it's been this way for a long time (i.e. no pass error) - and Konami only ever seem to use patches to fix bugs, rather than tweak anything.

I'd love them to patch it but I can't see that happening.

I love the game regardless, can't get enough.

I thought they improved the passing error in PES 16 thru patches, it felt different was the 3rd patch from what I remember.

Any decent tips for defending? I'm coming over from FIFA and it's my only gripe with the game. At times my defenders just don't get close to the attacker in the box whilst I'm holding the button to pressure them. I'm sure there's some technique I need to master - any advice?
just pressure a bit then back off holding the pressure button will make your defense worse.
look to cut off passing lanes and cover there go to guy.
use L2 when you get close to them.

just pressure a bit then back off holding the pressure button will make your defense worse.
look to cut off passing lanes and cover there go to guy.
use L2 when you get close to them.

Yeah I'm doing that stuff already, just can't seem to stop the AI once they get into the box. I'll get better I'm sure

Put it back on yesterday after playing Fifa since thursday, it's still decent to play but im finding the pace of the cpu a bit over the top. Its just frantic, lungbursting attack after attack. I was playing league 2 Carpi and i was Juve and they played like they were possessed, like they had 10 Franco Baresi's at the back, it was insane.

I think the catchup bug needs toning down a bit.

Away fixtures stadiums are fixed! Or maybe it's because I am deep into a ML season now and all of a sudden the real stadium names etc appear?

Weird.

Put it back on yesterday after playing Fifa since thursday, it's still decent to play but im finding the pace of the cpu a bit over the top. Its just frantic, lungbursting attack after attack. I was playing league 2 Carpi and i was Juve and they played like they were possessed, like they had 10 Franco Baresi's at the back, it was insane.

I think the catchup bug needs toning down a bit.

They need to slow the pace down a bit. Sometimes is just too fast. Pes 2015 pace was perfect

They need to slow the pace down a bit. Sometimes is just too fast. Pes 2015 pace was perfect
yeah, -1 is too slow and 0 too fast i think, but i swear different camera angles makes it seem fast / slower...... 2015 was perfect

Are you still playing the demo or is this the full game?
it's the demo, i'm getting it, just into other games now, winter time i'll be playing football (PES) and spring baseball (Pro Yakyuu Spirits)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom