PES 2017 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

There doesn't seem to be anything in it that you like at the moment .. . If I felt like that I would stop playing it too .. .I've gone through days where I've hated it with a passion but I've done that with every Pes but I still enjoy it.. ..someday you might come back. . .someday.

I think people forget that even the best games should be played in moderation. Pretty much everybody I know who spends too much time playing a single game (whether it's this, DOTA or Rocket League) ends up livid with it after a while. It's kind of impossible not to start calculating and obsessing over all the flaws if you're sinking all your free time into it.

As far as I'm aware, the only game that doesn't fall under this description is Tetris. Ain't nobody getting annoyed at Tetris.

I think people forget that even the best games should be played in moderation. Pretty much everybody I know who spends too much time playing a single game (whether it's this, DOTA or Rocket League) ends up livid with it after a while. It's kind of impossible not to start calculating and obsessing over all the flaws if you're sinking all your free time into it.

As far as I'm aware, the only game that doesn't fall under this description is Tetris. Ain't nobody getting annoyed at Tetris.

True and i might add, as time went by and age society and technology took a certain direction, we are mostly playing alone. back in the ps1-ps2 era i hardly ever played alone, mostly a bunch of guys, that helps a lot to enjoy the game and not become obsess with this flaw here or that flaw there. I know in adult life it seems people around you, especially for games, shrink considerably...

Anyway anything in life requires a bit of a positive attitude.

This is a hell of game and a few issues here and there are surely not a game breaker. First thing i do is to shut the commentary down...second try not to exploit any cheap trick, third adjust controls and difficulty to my skills. And never more than a couple of hours...or i'll need a divorce.

Night games really piss me off but i chose the stadium i like the most and it became almost acceptable. Yes i'd love an option though....

Is there a way to go offline whilst in the game itself or do I have to set the whole ps4 to offline?

I'm going to drop the difficulty down to Professional to see if that gives me more enjoyment.

Is there a way to go offline whilst in the game itself or do I have to set the whole ps4 to offline?

I'm going to drop the difficulty down to Professional to see if that gives me more enjoyment.
Still think,and not pushing anything on you,go manual passing,and basic shooting on proffesional.
Takes 20-30 games with shit results,then you'll never go back to PA1-3.
It's two different games.
Again,not telling you what to do,but...you'll thank us.

^ that's what I'm now going for ..pa1 with basic as Argentina in an international cup I won against two lower teams 1-0 and 3-2 ..passing felt a bit too easy but then again it's Argentina..my dilemma is that on pa1 you see the stats more and individuality shines more ..on manual shooting I have no problems getting most shots on target it just feels a bit pot luck and also a tad overpowered ..I'm also struggling a bit with headers it seems like there's a delay at times but not sure if it's me..not sure of I should go pa 1 manual shooting or pa0 basic

^ that's what I'm now going for ..pa1 with basic as Argentina in an international cup I won against two lower teams 1-0 and 3-2 ..passing felt a bit too easy but then again it's Argentina..my dilemma is that on pa1 you see the stats more and individuality shines more ..on manual shooting I have no problems getting most shots on target it just feels a bit pot luck and also a tad overpowered ..I'm also struggling a bit with headers it seems like there's a delay at times but not sure if it's me..not sure of I should go pa 1 manual shooting or pa0 basic
Try Pa0 and basic,it gets your shooting more manual,because of manual passing,ball handling etc.
And,I've done two games on PA1, the foul issue,much more fouls on PA0, due to loser ball and crappier handling.
Just a suggestion mate
And crossing headers,I struggled a long time on those,but just like manual passing,suddenly it clicks
You'll be doing this game a lot,so you'll get it down soon

I'm sorry that you are not enjoying it. It does take a lot of playing time to get used to full manual. It took me a good few years just to get used to the stick after using the d-pad for so many years.

I cannot play on Top Player so I play on Professional. I think that is the way to go. It may even be worth dropping down another level just so that you can get used to the passing.

Believe me bluewomble this game is really really good you just have to be patient. I know it's difficult when you have more important commitments in life, but even if you can get 1 or 2 games in a day that should give you enough practice over the coming months. Once it clicks you will really love it.

Maybe start off first with manual passing with basic shooting, or visa-versa. Then build up from there. Just noticed that rock gave the same advice. And he is almost the King of PES heh heh.

It is obviously unintended, but playing international matches at the Burg Stadion in the daytime has this lovely Mexico 86 look about it. Pushes my nostalgia buttons.

Don´t tell me about Tetris! I´m done with that game! I mean, it´s scripting all over!!!! I bought my console only to play Tetris... yesterday I was on my 3745th level, and I only needed a square to finish it... guess what!? the next 10 pieces where everything but squares!!!! Now tell me that´s not annoying!

This game man. It's gorgeous, it really is.

Finally finished installing all option files. I have PL, SkyBet, La Liga, La Liga 2, Serie A, Serie B, Liga NOS and Bundesliga all installed.

Think I will start a ML as either Middlesbrough or Spurs, can't decide.

Okay, consider me a member of the "turn the internet off" club. Tried a few games this evening and my experience has just been better than what was already pretty damn sweet. Feels less laggy all round.

I'm sorry that you are not enjoying it. It does take a lot of playing time to get used to full manual. It took me a good few years just to get used to the stick after using the d-pad for so many years.

I cannot play on Top Player so I play on Professional. I think that is the way to go. It may even be worth dropping down another level just so that you can get used to the passing.

Believe me bluewomble this game is really really good you just have to be patient. I know it's difficult when you have more important commitments in life, but even if you can get 1 or 2 games in a day that should give you enough practice over the coming months. Once it clicks you will really love it.

Maybe start off first with manual passing with basic shooting, or visa-versa. Then build up from there. Just noticed that rock gave the same advice. And he is almost the King of PES heh heh.

Yes Geeeee I refused to use the thumbstick fora couple of years and played with the d-pad . .. .the same with playing manual .. .. thought it was nonsense now I love both .

This game man. It's gorgeous, it really is.

Finally finished installing all option files. I have PL, SkyBet, La Liga, La Liga 2, Serie A, Serie B, Liga NOS and Bundesliga all installed.

Think I will start a ML as either Middlesbrough or Spurs, can't decide.
Start in the championship game with the default players. Bags of frustration and fun lol

Which OF did you use?

Okay, consider me a member of the "turn the internet off" club. Tried a few games this evening and my experience has just been better than what was already pretty damn sweet. Feels less laggy all round.
It's a different game when not connected isn't it? It's crazy but doesn't bother me as I only plan on playing Master League.

I'm finally getting pretty adept at luring the AI into fouling me. Love the fouls and have missed them since PES 5. Also, I just love the contextual stuff in this.

After you score, I don't think so, unfortunately. Could be wrong... For throw-ins/set pieces, yes. The option is in the match screen settings at the bottom, I believe.

EDIT: Yes you can turn off the celebration guide. When it comes up the first time you score press the left side of the DS4 touchpad (not sure about the xbox) and it'll disappear for the rest of the game.

Last edited:
I haven't stayed up until 1.30am playing a football game for a very long time. PES is finally back.

It's not perfect and has minor annoyances. But that's to be expected.

I still can't get over how well it all flows. And I am probably the only person that actually likes the commentary.

After you score, I don't think so, unfortunately. Could be wrong... For throw-ins/set pieces, yes. The option is in the match screen settings at the bottom, I believe.

EDIT: Yes you can turn off the celebration guide. When it comes up the first time you score press the left side of the DS4 touchpad (not sure about the xbox) and it'll disappear for the rest of the game.
Thanks so much! How did you find this? I don't score enough for trial and error! :LOL:

Is there is an option for that.. to play manual players ONLY in online seasons? is there many online? I'm in North America so I doubt there is many online in my region as last year I had a hard time finding anyone it seemed like. This is is one of the drawbacks to me in this game as opposed to FIFA. it's very simple to get into online games in FIFA but I would much prefer to play PES online if there was many players and it worked better but I haven't found that to be the case but I have yet to try PES 2017 online. I will have to check it out..

I'm in US too, I don't think there are many manual players in US. A couple years ago, I started buying the EU version in order to find other manual players. Haven't looked back since.

Don´t tell me about Tetris! I´m done with that game! I mean, it´s scripting all over!!!! I bought my console only to play Tetris... yesterday I was on my 3745th level, and I only needed a square to finish it... guess what!? the next 10 pieces where everything but squares!!!! Now tell me that´s not annoying!
:LOL:

Back
Top Bottom