PES 2017 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

About the commentary they added lines like players being bought and not featuring or if they making debuts that you need to keep an eye on them. It's lot better than previous but still a far cry from NBA 2K Or the MLB series.

I wonder how much of this fox engine has been utilised. There is alot of aesthetics that need to be added and I wonder if it has enough legs to do this for future titles.

On the pitch is fantastic but alot more is needed from Konami on the presentation and Polish.

Seriously don't understand what's going on with these referees. Studs up, minimal ball slide tackle by the CPU...play in. Shoulder barge by me....free kick. It's annoying especially when the games are so tight score wise.

Seriously don't understand what's going on with these referees. Studs up, minimal ball slide tackle by the CPU...play in. Shoulder barge by me....free kick. It's annoying especially when the games are so tight score wise.
Yesterday i was playing online last minute of stoppage and the guys hacks me down from behind in the box with Pique.

He event on to take the ball and clear. Ref find even blink an eye FFS I was livid because I was using all my under 80 Rated players against his superstar squad and had him on the ropes for the entire match.

His goal came from me trying to pass it around and him using high pressure against my defence and getting a goal

I was absolutely outclassing him but my one on ones all seemed to go either just wide or against his keeper.

There still seems to be that God awful scripting at play online. The amount of Twattery you get online is astounding.
People use superstar squads but fill there bench with 55 rated players so that they can get matched against lower level opponents.

Before match you can go into the opponents playing style and see that they score from crossed almost exclusively

They almost all go 433 say 98% of them and quick counter with long base to the other players

Well done to Konami for giving us the tools to stop them somewhat.

Decided to edit the low and lofted pass stat, I did a team of midfielders set to 40 which is the lowest it can go and those players can still do hard low long passes directly to the feet, as well as nice one touch passing as well as nice lofted balls to the feet too, what's the point of having these stats if there aren't going to implement it properly, for me that's one big difference between a good game and a great game, hope
It's sorted out next patch, I understand that professional footballers should be passing well regardless, but then again a pro wouldn't be on 40.

anyone had their (or cpu's) player injured and cannot return and forced to sub? ive played quite a fair bit since launch but havent had this occur yet
Yep i had pogba injured and taken off for treatment, but didnt realise he did come back on like normally. had to sub it out. Good, but also bad in that game should have alerted me he was actualy injured.

Decided to edit the low and lofted pass stat, I did a team of midfielders set to 40 which is the lowest it can go and those players can still do hard low long passes directly to the feet, as well as nice one touch passing as well as nice lofted balls to the feet too, what's the point of having these stats if there aren't going to implement it properly, for me that's one big difference between a good game and a great game, hope
It's sorted out next patch, I understand that professional footballers should be passing well regardless, but then again a pro wouldn't be on 40.

what setting? manual or with support?

Decided to edit the low and lofted pass stat, I did a team of midfielders set to 40 which is the lowest it can go and those players can still do hard low long passes directly to the feet, as well as nice one touch passing as well as nice lofted balls to the feet too, what's the point of having these stats if there aren't going to implement it properly, for me that's one big difference between a good game and a great game, hope It's sorted out next patch, I understand that professional footballers should be passing well regardless, but then again a pro wouldn't be on 40.
That's the case since PES 2014, they apparently can't be bothered to make stats actually work.

Okay, consider me a member of the "turn the internet off" club. Tried a few games this evening and my experience has just been better than what was already pretty damn sweet. Feels less laggy all round.

Could someone please tell me how to switch off internet connection?
Can I do it in-game or do I have to switch it off on the ps4 entirely? If I do that, will I need to do it every time I boot it up?

Can I do it in-game or do I have to switch it off on the ps4 entirely? If I do that, will I need to do it every time I boot it up?

Before you boot PES 2017, go to SETTINGS on your PS4, then go to NETWORK and uncheck the 'Connect to Internet' box.

I play on ps4 with the internet is off no problem. Before I open the game, I go to settings , network and check off internet connection box. Then I fir up the game, it will give me some error messages about connecting to the server and that's it. One time the game crashed when I did that so I had to reboot my ps4

Before you boot PES 2017, go to SETTINGS on your PS4, then go to NETWORK and uncheck the 'Connect to Internet' box.

I don't need to turn the internet off in my ps4 settings. I simply turn the live updates off in the team selection screen by clicking R3 stick and the game plays smooth as butter like its meant to be played.

Yep i had pogba injured and taken off for treatment, but didnt realise he did come back on like normally. had to sub it out. Good, but also bad in that game should have alerted me he was actualy injured.
in previous versions there is a notice in the top corner saying injured player cannot continue so thats interesting its not in 2017...

I use Cristiano's file, and there is no difference in gameplay with and without being online (PS4). If anything, the game might even be slightly snappier when connected to the server for me, lol. The loading times are not an issue for me either. The higher resolution files on other compilations such as PES World might be weighing down the game for some people, but Cristiano has all teams in 1024x1024, and I'm very happy with it as a whole!

No complaints from me this year on gameplay with and without option files, it's been superb without exception since I got the game earlier this week.

So my earlier issue with manual shooting particularly headers seems to be a selection issue and not manual issue ..changed to assisted selection and I've just scored three manual goals..two headers ..also a wild miss placed cross that went in near post..it was like a rocket

@bluewomble88 sorry to hear your not enjoying the game.

I have had loads of fist pump moments on this years game.

All i can say is drop it down to Professional when playing ML as its f'in hard!!

I also feel like you are playing either already stressed or with the preemptive thought of its going to be shit.

Keep at it bud... there is magic in this game i have had a few last minute winners, some out of the blue screamers, well built goals and even a sneaky back heel in off the post from Totti!!

Have moved to a pitchside custom camera of 0, 1, 10 just now. As I get better at the game I will zoom it in again.

Started a ML campaign with Middlesbrough this afternoon. Superstar difficulty.

Drew against Bournemouth 0-0, drew against Chelsea away 0-0. Then lost to Everton 2-0 so decided I need to change from a 4-2-3-1 to 4-3-3 to get the best out of Geoffrey Kondogbia who I signed from Inter. Used the new system in my fourth game away at Leicester who had won their first 3 matches.

I played them off the park in first half, scored a goal in the first 10 minutes but hung on for dear life in second half. It was a nail biter but I won.

I literally fist pumped.

This game. Man.

I played 5 or 6 games with manual passing and manual shooting on professional and it was easy I was totally dominating matches . . .and no I'm not a great player.

You're probably a very good player then. The game is just harder this year for me, I read others confirming that too. Maybe it varies depends on which mode you're playing. Wondering which mode you've played your games in and you were dominating, and have you won them all; were they consecutive games? Just need to get an insight of how other experience the game

Last edited:
You're probably a very good player then. The game is just harder this year for me, I read others confirming that too. Maybe it varies depends on which mode you're playing. Wondering which mode you've played your games in and you were dominating, and have you won them all; were they consecutive games? Just need to get an insight of how other experience the game

Played a couple of exhibition matches and won them both. . . .and then 4 Ml matches and won 3 and drew one . . .was scoring 3 goals on average with the defalut players and manual.. .. so started again on Top player and it was tougher . .. No I'm not a very good player either . I'm bottom of the table in ML at the halfway point lol. .. and have won 3 matches out of 18. . .. a lot people think there's not much difference between Pro and Tp but to me there is.

Sitting in 14th on my Boro ML after 8 matches played.

I do well defensively, I just struggle to score goals.

Negredo has no pace but his control is sublime.

Should post this kinda stuff in the ML thread I guess?

Back
Top Bottom