PES 2017 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

Could you not practise and perfect your crossing in training mode?

Yeah you´re right. And if I do get better, I also believe that Top Player is the most balanced and rewarding level.

Just use L1 for crossing in pa0 and you have both worlds, manual pasding and assisted crossing.

That also works even on PA0? Well I assumed it didn´t, have to try it. I would love to play manual because there´s more pressure in the game, kind of a good pressure because I have to make sure my decisions are the best on the pitch. PA1 is very fun to play but honestly is a bit lame because I know I can almost pass in certain areas with my eyes closed.

Is there is an option for that.. to play manual players ONLY in online seasons? is there many online? I'm in North America so I doubt there is many online in my region as last year I had a hard time finding anyone it seemed like. This is is one of the drawbacks to me in this game as opposed to FIFA. it's very simple to get into online games in FIFA but I would much prefer to play PES online if there was many players and it worked better but I haven't found that to be the case but I have yet to try PES 2017 online. I will have to check it out..

Yeah there's an option.
In english it must be called "same passing level" or something.
I don't have to wait long to find one.
I'm in Germany playing the euro version though.
My opponents - these Bastards :) - are on manual passing but basic shooting.
But the games are fun anyway.

As much as I enjoy this game, I'm starting to see the flaws.
None of them are so big that it breaks the game, thx god.
But it shows the poor programming of this game.
I'm talking about the keepers.
They're great this year, no doubt.
But they still have that one annoying thing which I saw in earlier releases too:
They perform great saves. Parrying hard shots very fine.
But while they can catch hard shots with both hands even in a dive, they almost never catch those soft shots.
They just parry them away and if you're unlucky another opponent player receives it and scores.
I'd love them to fix that either.

That's just not true, double tap R1 and you will see that speed, it's more realistic this way, the ball needs to be hit forward when running with the ball. It's just how football is played. I play with fast players and I easily see that they are faster than the defender or whomever is slower. Also I don't see how outrunning everyone is a jump out moment, but I guess that's just an opinion.

To me shooting is just so much better than FIFA, if you're into easy goals, unrealistic and hitting the post all the time moments then okay that's just what FIFA offers. Maybe you're into that.

Ok. Show me a video where you outrun a slower defender, keeper comed out to close down the angle and you can dribble the keeper. Guess what? You wont find, because theree is a programmed chatch up.

I'm manual player since last year so I'm not into the easy goals. CPU shooting variety is poor, again I'm still waiting to see a cpu shot over the cross bar, not a first time shot..

Ok. Show me a video where you outrun a slower defender, keeper comed out to close down the angle and you can dribble the keeper. Guess what? You wont find, because theree is a programmed chatch up.

I'm manual player since last year so I'm not into the easy goals. CPU shooting variety is poor, again I'm still waiting to see a cpu shot over the cross bar, not a first time shot..

Seen all that stuff.

so how does this work...Ive put WEHK option file on and I see PESUniverse file V2 is out with tatics implemented. Do I just put that on as well?
I finally got PESUniverse USB (V1) but the name on envelope was an Indian name!

It's funny you say that because I eventually got my PESUniverse USB too and it has a Spanish looking name on it. !!!

The thing is I'm supposed to be sending mine back to get a refund because it's taken so long. But I can't be hassled about it now. They haven't refunded me anyway so I may as well keep it. I just hope it's mine and not some Spanish dudes :P

You looking for too much :D

I sped past a few defenders already with the likes of Reus and Aubemayang on my way to superstar UCL glory.

Managed to get revenge on Napoli after they beat me twice in the group stages each was awesome.

This year you can't just press R1 and go past players slaloming as if you coming down the alpines ala pes 2016

If you are for example chasing a 50/50 ball you R1 tap and try to burst past when you connect with the ball. Then you Burst again if you see he is too close. You may need to change direction and burst past him again . Because there isn't enough space between you.

Some players like Aubemayang you simply outsprint them but it's always going to be 50/50 depending on how you got the ball and your first touch. I find the initial R1 when you connect with a slight change of direction puts daylight between you and the defender and you can get away easily. KONAMI don't exaggerate pace between players and imo it is correct to do it this way. This is not to say you won't notice a serious pace difference between Mr Aubemayang and one Donkey Per Mertesacker

IRL its not often that you see players sprinting away with the ball from the last man

I have preferred to chip the keeper rather than run round him.

I am not going to bother commenting on the AI shooting over the bar because it happens plenty of times.

What does being connected to the net do (in terms of PES)? Does this apply even if you dont have PS plus?
If you have option files installed AND you are connected to the server, the game stutters and gets blurry on replays etc.

Just turn off internet connection in PS4 settings before you boot the game up.

It's running lovely for me now.

Professional is too easy. .at least top player for a challenge.. .I'm not being funny but a lot of people who play the game get frustrated if they're not winning for some reason and chop and change until they hit that sweet spot .. .and then get bored with it and change again and then the moaning starts. . .. Superstar is very hard in this game. . .Top Player is just right and at least there's another level to go up if you master it.
Professional is too easy? Are you playing full manual or assisted? I am on professional and playing leagues and it's not so easy at all. Maybe lack of skills on my end :)

Professional is too easy? Are you playing full manual or assisted? I am on professional and playing leagues and it's not so easy at all. Maybe lack of skills on my end :)

I played 5 or 6 games with manual passing and manual shooting on professional and it was easy I was totally dominating matches . . .and no I'm not a great player.

Last edited:
If you have option files installed AND you are connected to the server, the game stutters and gets blurry on replays etc.

Just turn off internet connection in PS4 settings before you boot the game up.

It's running lovely for me now.

To avoid this stuttering, do you recommend I turn the internet connection back ON after I boot up the game or leave the internet off permanently?

I've played two online games so far (both in MyClub), one was smooth and had no problems but the other 'developed' lag late in the first half and for the whole of the second half.

In the second game, when the lag 'crept' in, I was a split second behind whilst in possession and my opponent clearly wasn't, I lost the game 0 - 3.

Is there a way to combat this unnatural lag?

What does being connected to the net do (in terms of PES)? Does this apply even if you dont have PS plus?

the game is constantly connecting to the konami server so it slows down while playing, you notice this when you loading up teams with edited kits etc, I always also install my disc to the hdd to make the game run smoother

thing ive noticed watching pes 2017 and real football is the distance between the defenders and forwards is too big on pes 2017, usually most teams play compact now with maybe only 40 metres between the defenders and forwards and with pes there seems to be a gaping hole in the midfield area between the halfway line and the 18 yard line with defences sitting on their 18 yard box, I'm gonna fix this problem when I work on my optionfile

look at both defences here and how compacted the two teams are

Being able to set weather and time before a ML kickoff would be great,but not really bothered.
but being able to see what weather you play in,that should be an option.
Rainy pitch,I set up my team one way,sunny dry,I do it another way.
Not to much to ask

I played 5 or 6 games with manual passing and manual shooting on professional and it was easy I was totally dominating matches . . .and no I'm not a great player.
And you playing crappy default players aswell, good lad!
I see a massive difference with my "good team" vs other good teams,and that pretty much being 10-12 out of 20 in Serie A,being very tough to break down.
Proffesional= slightly easier,but your players abilities gets toned down.
So playing vs good teams,it's either way,P or TP

To avoid this stuttering, do you recommend I turn the internet connection back ON after I boot up the game or leave the internet off permanently?
I am on PS4 and I always go to 'Settings - Network - Uncheck 'Connect To Internet'.

Load up the game and everything is snappier, loading times quicker and gameplay smooth as hell.

Ill give it a go but in all honesty the gameplay is smooth enough for me. No slowdown or jitters at all

Think I'm almost done with this game. I've poured many hours into it but there's too much ruining it for me. I'm playing on Top Player, 0 speed, with pass and shooting assist level 1 - I don't have time (nor am I good enough) to master manual controls. I want to have fun first and foremost and, even with assistance, I'm not having much of that. I've tried manual and nearly smashed the TV in.

1/ AI defences are too organised and efficient. I can pass the ball around nicely but whenever I get near the penalty area the defenders magically have every angle covered every single time. The defences are simply too overpowered and this is making the game a massive chore to play. I don't want FIFA style ping-pong goal-fests, but 0-0 and 1-0 ALL THE TIME is mind-numbingly tedious. Not to mention I sometimes play Walcott (for example) in behind the defence and he runs slowly alongside the ball as it's arriving at his feet so the covering defender can make up just enough space to challenge me. That's simply not fun, it's fucking infuriating.

2/ Shooting is too hard in a split second with manual controls, but with assistance it's mostly pointless. With the keepers being so good in this, shots need to be pinpoint perfect to stand a chance of going in. This leads me on to...

3/ Keepers are good, yes, but sometimes way too good. I've arrowed so many beautiful shots from mid-range against average keepers of lower teams only to see them morph into De Gea to keep me out.

4/ Too easy to take the ball from the AI as they approach my area, just by holding down square and/or triangle. It's a problem and it exists.

5/ I hold down the shoot button but the player chests it further on in front, so I have to change the angle using the left stick. However, the game will not take any notice of this and instead uses the angle I held the stick at when I pressed the button to shoot. No excuses for this one, it's pathetic.

6/ Scoring (something that doesn't happen often enough for me) doesn't feel special. In PES 6, it felt so good when I rifled in a goal, whether it was from 30 yards or a toe-poke after a huge scramble in the area. It made me punch my fist in the air to get those goals. In this game, it feels lifeless, I can't really explain it.

7/ The commentary. Dear God the awful, teeth-bleeding commentary. I've heard my 4 year old daughter explain passages of play better than this pile of turd. Beglin's voice makes me want to rip off his head and cack down his neck. If I hear "I can only add that, he has reflexes that are razor sharp" one more time, I swear I am going to snap the disc in half.

Sorry for the huge rant but this was built up to be a PES 6 killer. It looks much better, the animations are better, and the production is an improvement. But at the moment, on the pitch where it really matters, it doesn't excite me at all.

I was having the same idea since ive had the game... taking on defenders on the wing aint easy...but after watching and analyzing some epl games... ive come to the conclusion that this game is very realistic about what is happening on the pitch and thats its very difficult in todays game to get past defenders without them catching up... the days of fast wingers that just blows defenders away with pace is long gone... its takes timing and smart dribbling and some good ball knock up like you can do with double tapping r2 to get some time on the ball to cros ou cut inside . So clearly your looking to play an easy game and get breaks aways so yea if thats what ur looking for get fifa youll get a ton of pace to beat defendera and go on breakways. Pes this year is a real simulation of todays game

Still had 0 pens despite being assaulted in the box several times.
its a thing that started in pes 2015 and we still have it in the code of the game, the foul system is far from perfect, only konami can fix this, we can't...lazy ass devs

Think I'm almost done with this game. I've poured many hours into it but there's too much ruining it for me. I'm playing on Top Player, 0 speed, with pass and shooting assist level 1 - I don't have time (nor am I good enough) to master manual controls. I want to have fun first and foremost and, even with assistance, I'm not having much of that. I've tried manual and nearly smashed the TV in.

1/ AI defences are too organised and efficient. I can pass the ball around nicely but whenever I get near the penalty area the defenders magically have every angle covered every single time. The defences are simply too overpowered and this is making the game a massive chore to play. I don't want FIFA style ping-pong goal-fests, but 0-0 and 1-0 ALL THE TIME is mind-numbingly tedious. Not to mention I sometimes play Walcott (for example) in behind the defence and he runs slowly alongside the ball as it's arriving at his feet so the covering defender can make up just enough space to challenge me. That's simply not fun, it's fucking infuriating.

2/ Shooting is too hard in a split second with manual controls, but with assistance it's mostly pointless. With the keepers being so good in this, shots need to be pinpoint perfect to stand a chance of going in. This leads me on to...

3/ Keepers are good, yes, but sometimes way too good. I've arrowed so many beautiful shots from mid-range against average keepers of lower teams only to see them morph into De Gea to keep me out.

4/ Too easy to take the ball from the AI as they approach my area, just by holding down square and/or triangle. It's a problem and it exists.

5/ I hold down the shoot button but the player chests it further on in front, so I have to change the angle using the left stick. However, the game will not take any notice of this and instead uses the angle I held the stick at when I pressed the button to shoot. No excuses for this one, it's pathetic.

6/ Scoring (something that doesn't happen often enough for me) doesn't feel special. In PES 6, it felt so good when I rifled in a goal, whether it was from 30 yards or a toe-poke after a huge scramble in the area. It made me punch my fist in the air to get those goals. In this game, it feels lifeless, I can't really explain it.

7/ The commentary. Dear God the awful, teeth-bleeding commentary. I've heard my 4 year old daughter explain passages of play better than this pile of turd. Beglin's voice makes me want to rip off his head and cack down his neck. If I hear "I can only add that, he has reflexes that are razor sharp" one more time, I swear I am going to snap the disc in half.

Sorry for the huge rant but this was built up to be a PES 6 killer. It looks much better, the animations are better, and the production is an improvement. But at the moment, on the pitch where it really matters, it doesn't excite me at all.

There doesn't seem to be anything in it that you like at the moment .. . If I felt like that I would stop playing it too .. .I've gone through days where I've hated it with a passion but I've done that with every Pes but I still enjoy it.. ..someday you might come back. . .someday.

I am on PS4 and I always go to 'Settings - Network - Uncheck 'Connect To Internet'.

Load up the game and everything is snappier, loading times quicker and gameplay smooth as hell.

Must try that. . ..mine is taking 10mins to load up I thought it was the option files.

Anyone playing a ML with Argentinian teams?
Is there flares when Boca plays River?

One thing that feels weir is every time I play vs Juventus I can hear BVB chants.
Kinda weird

This is why you should play manual. I play manual passing and on superstar but with manual passes, you can really destroy the CPU defense with the freedom you have.(I used to think the same way until PES 2015 when I got the hang of manual) I agree with 7 though lol

Back
Top Bottom