PES 2017 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

well maybe I haven't played the demmo enough yet but I still have that feeling of just one more game... I get to spend a lot more time with it this weekend so maybe my mind will change before the weekend is over

I could never go back to my PES 2016 or FIFA 16 at the moment... PES 2017 demo gameplay is far more enjoyable than both for me at the moment

before demo i was playing a ML but i really can not play pes 2016 anymore.

Yeh I feel the same. . the lads gave me a few slaps across the face and told me to pull myself together a few posts back . ..and now I'm falling in love all over again .. . .. especially on Top Player.

Since I saw Matt 10 play Fifa in broadcast it's the only camera I use now in both games. I agree with Curdstar in that it really fucks your eyes with the silly panning in and out by bylines. But I do love this camera.

Played 2 games last night when back late from holiday. As I was tired I didn't enjoy it.

This morning woke up and played 2 using the South American teams. Lost 4-0 on professional and then replayed the game and drew 0-0. It was a good game.

This is better than PES16 by quite some distance. I'll play more today and over the weekend.

I really want to hammer this and Fifa demos before I decide what to get this year. Fifa has to blow me away for me to buy it at this stage.

custom camera 5 5 10 is what i use now and it's like broadcast without the silly panning in and out....

Yeh I feel the same. . the lads gave me a few slaps across the face and told me to pull myself together a few posts back . ..and now I'm falling in love all over again .. . .. especially on Top Player.

I have a bone to pick with you fully manual guys. You all say it is awesome without explaining why so let me do the honours.

1. While it takes away from being able to play tiki taki with barca easily it is still possible and playing a 5 pass move and creating a scoring opportunity is such a reward
2. The ball is so much looser, as a result you see more fouls and animations because the ball doesn't go to the intended target 100% so it overides the scripting. I had defenders lunging for balls more because they not talking the player they are trying to get to the ball. If you are fast enough you can draw a free kick.
3. You feel individuality more because you are depending on your dribblers that you know will win a few extra yards or you use your strong players better to hold of defenders and wait for passing opportunities.
4. Randomness: with the error involved you weigh up every pass, no more pressing x x x to get out of a tight situation. What may look like a passing opportunity can be a very bad mistake in a split second.
5. From what I can recall this was not how PES 2016 was all you had was looser balls and not the accompanied intelligence of your players to fetch a ball that is slightly to the right or too slow to the intended Passer.
6. Shooting feels like a lottery at times and this is a good thing. It's hard as hell to create scoring opportunities now but you decide exactly where that ball is going.
7. Body positioning is now more contextual if you try to shoot or pass blindly while off balance you see the effect how it affects the ball physics

Manual, if it stays this way, will be my way. I was always worried I would lose player individuality but I don't feel stunted and the added benefits I listed are too much to ignore.

About F... time mate:WORSHIP:
Welcome aboard.
Kinda hard to explain,it's a must try thing.
I can never go back to assisted.
But some never even try

Have you guys seen this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=K4CvxHtS6qM

Three years in a row this has been possible, when will they fix it? 2025? Especially check out Sergio "OMG, the defending is so good this year!" Busquets at 1:18.
Absolutely ridiculous that they still have the defenders back off like that. Yeah, been like that since PES 2015. Konami are just depending on people to use house rules and pretend that the game isn't broken in that way. Lazy programming.

f17ff7c5ef2b35e22d4df1d255bdf97bacd5fce6feffa4a0aeafe1cff9e2e39f.jpg

Loooove your post!!

Enjoy man. Just enjoy!! :)

I have a bone to pick with you fully manual guys. You all say it is awesome without explaining why so let me do the honours.

1. While it takes away from being able to play tiki taki with barca easily it is still possible and playing a 5 pass move and creating a scoring opportunity is such a reward
2. The ball is so much looser, as a result you see more fouls and animations because the ball doesn't go to the intended target 100% so it overides the scripting. I had defenders lunging for balls more because they not talking the player they are trying to get to the ball. If you are fast enough you can draw a free kick.
3. You feel individuality more because you are depending on your dribblers that you know will win a few extra yards or you use your strong players better to hold of defenders and wait for passing opportunities.
4. Randomness: with the error involved you weigh up every pass, no more pressing x x x to get out of a tight situation. What may look like a passing opportunity can be a very bad mistake in a split second.
5. From what I can recall this was not how PES 2016 was all you had was looser balls and not the accompanied intelligence of your players to fetch a ball that is slightly to the right or too slow to the intended Passer.
6. Shooting feels like a lottery at times and this is a good thing. It's hard as hell to create scoring opportunities now but you decide exactly where that ball is going.
7. Body positioning is now more contextual if you try to shoot or pass blindly while off balance you see the effect how it affects the ball physics

Manual, if it stays this way, will be my way. I was always worried I would lose player individuality but I don't feel stunted and the added benefits I listed are too much to ignore.
Since you are new to manual (a couple hours since), give use your thoughts:
- Do u feel like your players are passing like Sunday league players? Do they feel that useless?
- Do you feel some amount of ball path correction? (your pass direction inputs sightly corrected by the game)

i play manual because assisted passing didn't allow me the freedom...

with this setup "i don't know why konami doesn't make it there default" it's like real football :BOP:
It's a good thing it's something for every one in this game.
Prefer manual,hoofing balls into space confuses the CPU.
Hate the assisted way.
And the camera,didn't like playing "broadcast" on the other game,I hated it,but went into my usual 2k bonanza every year,and can't really play anything else after that

One thing about manual passing,if you think the game corrects your mistake,try play it on a rainy pitch
Every touch is different,you have to adjust the power differently for two passes that looks alike.
Really fun,and makes it very challenging

OK gonna try full manual now.

Fuck I am loving this!

That's what we (the manual lot) keep trying to tell you guys!!!

I tried two games, Atletico vs. Flamengo both times. First, PA0, then PA1 on Top Player.

First game was a tight affair, 0-0.
Second one was very one sided. I scored 3 against 1, but it could have been bigger.

I enjoyed both games, but the fact that I could just pass with no worry where the ball would end up, also made the P01 game a lot easier. I could see some good games happening with P01 on superstar. Or I could just do the logical thing and play on manual (which has pass assistance anyway).

Since you are new to manual (a couple hours since), give use your thoughts:
- Do u feel like your players are passing like Sunday league players? Do they feel that useless?
- Do you feel some amount of ball path correction? (your pass direction inputs sightly corrected by the game)

Not new to it but left it on 2016. I have played manual leagues since the inception of it.

I dont know if there is a level of correction but have noticed it doesn't go 100% in a path. If you use the he L2 modifier it feels well and truly loose.

They don't few like Sunday league players because you understand better the type of areas they run into or each players strength and weakness.

Oh yes forgot to add playing a cross field ball is a helluva lot more rewarding.

Last edited:

One of us. Seriously though, that's a very good write up as to why I prefer manual. The first three points you make are the major ones, and I 100% agree. This is why I kept going on about how much I love playing with Arsenal for example because even though I'm on manual, a lot of the individuality remains intact. Big players like Giroud become so important because when you're on manual, sometimes you need that extra bit of space, or time to play that killer pass (or prevent yourself from playing a shit ball that leads to a counter). Everything has to be measured, and accounted for. Like you said with the dribblers, when I get Sanchez on the ball I feel optimism and excitement because I know he can make some space for himself to make something happen. And yes, when you manage a nice ball in behind the defense, or a bit of quick interchange between your attackers it's exciting and most importantly to me, rewarding.

Prefer manual,hoofing balls into space confuses the CPU.

This. The AI along with your team mates do unusual things because it is less scripted

I also tend to use the Throughball alot more because it has a nice pace on it for some reason.

It's surprising that the most difficult pass to play is a short 5 meter pass into a small space. I need to master that.

This. The AI along with your team mates do unusual things because it is less scripted

I also tend to use the Throughball alot more because it has a nice pace on it for some reason.

It's surprising that the most difficult pass to play is a short 5 meter pass into a small space. I need to master that.
Aah,its a thing of beauty when you get it done.
Had a perfect throughball,just outside the box,first player ran past it,second one came in from the wing,wide open.
A play like that can't be made on assisted.
Also having full controll of cursor change is key,not setting it on auto,but having the control to control your second player.
Good to hear you enjoy it

Haven't played the demo since Wednesday I think.
So my eyes were fresh when I played Boca vs River.
And this game blew me away again.
Seriously,if you start to see problems with it,stop playing for a few days,fire up 16, then play the demo...
10 min manual -1
And I played custom camera 0-3-5 I think,a wider broadcast view.
Most importantly I played on Professional.....
Don't think I can do that for a full ML season,but great gameplay,CPU were tough to break down.
Had to settle for a 0-0 draw in the rain.
Might go top player next time,haven't tried that one yet.
Tried various shooting,high low,hard soft,beutiful game

Not new to it but left it on 2016. I have played manual leagues since the inception of it.

I dont know if there is a level of correction but have noticed it doesn't go 100% in a path. If you use the he L2 modifier it feels well and truly loose.

They don't few like Sunday league players because you understand better the type of areas they run into.

Oh yes forgot to add playing a cross field ball is a helluva lot more rewarding.

Was that PEEL?

I asked those questions since they are the most common claims i hear, that prevents people from playing manual, I just wanted to hear what people think when they go from PA1 to PA0. Honestly, there is still computer correction in manual passes and shots, it doesn't quite go exactly to your direction input. And the players don't really pass like they are Sunday league players who don't know how to play pro football.

To me, manual is still assisted. Just a lower assistance. It's been that way every year. I'm not sure about FIFA, but that's the way it is in PES.

We call L2 the "manual manual". I think L2 had no correction in PES 16? I'm not sure

Speaking of cross field balls...

https://youtu.be/KekcWCn_blw

Try playing the extreme short passes, sightly underpowered. You don't need to play to feet. Actually, this creates movement as well, coz the receiving playing will have to walk over to collect it. That's the "gradation" I keep mentioning in manual pass. I'm not sure if assisted pass can do this? It might just snap to feet

Last edited:
Tried manual aswell...i mean this isnt manual guys...and maybe stats even matter at assisted too but i explain it.

The amount of support run ur players do for a pass makes it less manual its like 2015's assisted lvl1.

Btw i think these support tuns screwed over passing ID since every pass is perfect bc the receiver position himself perfectly.

Tried manual aswell...i mean this isnt manual guys...and maybe stats even matter at assisted too but i explain it.

The amount of support run ur players do for a pass makes it less manual its like 2015's assisted lvl1.

Btw i think these support tuns screwed over passing ID since every pass is perfect bc the receiver position himself perfectly.
Interesting point. This year the receiving player auto adjusts his body orientation and comes to the ball to collect it. Is this what your are describing? If so, I understand your point. The players walk over to compensate your passing inaccuracies, almost evening out your manual mistakes. Is that it?

I really hope stats have something to do with some players being smarter than others, to have the awareness to find the ball. I hope attacking prowess will be an important stat for this. But right now, I don't feel it, every player feels smart/aware to me.

Back
Top Bottom