PES 2017 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

:LOL: Sorry pal I am on the line with Kei and Seabass as we speak.

Official pes hasn't even acknowledged my concern.

I have to try this again tonight. I can't be the only one finding this issue. I am the last person who would nitpick PES but always call a fault.

I just don't belive I need to amend things in terms of cameras and pass settings to make the game harder to play becaus I might as well follow Gabe advice and blind fold myself. :D

I just can't believe people are finding this game difficult. I am going to stick it back on top player 1 bar and see what happens.

I feel there's a lack of aggressiveness in attacking from cpu IA. Even on Top Player.
Matchs always ends: Me with 10 shots or more and CPU with 3.

All the rest is amazing.

Last edited:
It's a substantial improvement over PES16 for me, but I'm still probably gonna play FIFA17. Still a long way to go in terms of animations and physics, fixing the clunky feel (especially tackling which feels so damn weird), a lack of individualism/key stats.

Not at all for me but you seems to compare to Fifa 16, Havok/Fox still more believable than Ignite (the physical engine, movement etc.)
The problem is just that the game is a bit too fast rendered.

Don't nobody's here feels that PES 2017 IS even faster in terms of agility/reactiveness than PES 2016? I personnally can't barely feels inertia because of that, but on -1 or -2 yes.
Even if i like the game at default speed and having to think fast, good and quick...
I really like the "emmergency" feeling, but i don't like it in all football game, it just that it fit well with PES 2017 global gameplay, more dynamic but very well balanced.

Stats matter, but in a different way. Short passes are easy, but try to make a decisive/long pass (in distance terms) with a poor player, same as shooting, you'll see the difference in the results.

Last edited:
I never understood advanced shooting. It never worked for me.

what's the difference between basic and advanced shooting? i need to see a video on youtube maybe.

And regarding refs, can someone please tell me how to win fouls? Do you guys dive or something? :P I think the refs hate me. I get 0-1 fouls per game. I was playing on Top Player and now back to Professional again. All the same. Maybe you're all on superstar and default speed and that makes a difference?

i can draw fouls at will now, if i tried i could probably draw 6 in the 10 min demo. i would have to make a video to show how, but pressing L2 when they get up on you helps.

So tested out superstar again and it was a completely different story. Atletico were hard as nails to break down and dangerous on the attack but I was able to go at them. Enjoyed it again and oh yes 1 bar passing they were intercepting again and it was hard to find openings.

Not sure what happened last night Maybe I played on Regular or professional difficulty unbeknownst to me.

I am playing 9 minutes halves and the game still seems to fly by.

Last edited:
So tested out superstar again and it was a completely different story. Atletico were hard as nails to break down and dangerous on the attack but I was able to go at them. Enjoyed it again and oh yes 1 bar passing they were intercepting again and it was hard to find openings.

Not sure what happened last night Maybe I played on Regular or professional difficulty unbeknownst to me.

I am playing 9 minutes halves and the game still seems to fly by.

I'm pretty sure that 5 min halves is the max ;)

Always happy to try out camera angle settings that are more about trying to capture fluidity and pace that is to my liking. It is like I say, the default/wide/dynamic wide angles are essentially cheats in themselves and make the game at any level much easie, no matter pass assist settings or whatever.

My theory goes that while it is the case when I watch football I see all the space spread throughout the pitch during the play (which of course often has us scream at the TV saying such and such should have played it to whoever because he was in acres of space) the reality of football is that when playing you don't see all the space afforded to your teammates in certain situations. Even the absolute best players on the planet in real life don't always see it.

A camera set far away from the action in a football game in which your play is based on what you can see and have more or less full control of where to aim the ball means that it doesn't quite "simulate" the crowded, claustrophobic feeling you get when actually playing the sport. Reducing the height and zoom gives me more of that crowded, intense feeling and stops me constantly looking tens of yards from the player in possession for a teammate who is in space. I still do that via the odd glance at the radar (which I might actually switch off come release of the final game) but I do it less so, meaning my build up and just the overall feel and flow of the game seems more realistic.
Bonus here as well is that using PA1 doesn't equate to it being plain sailing, and I can still use the manual modifier.

Probably already well known, but does anyone else use the manual modifier button, press L1 then hit circle? It is essentially a driven pass you can place anywhere as opposed to strictly a driven cross. Handy but can be a tad tricky to get right.

I love using the manual modifier when initiating 1-2's as well, especially the dynamic 1-2's in which I try to set the player off on a run but don't immediately return the ball to him and sometimes use it as a very handy decoy, or to try create nice passing moves and movement.

This is a very important point. No one on the field, when playing the sport, has the ability to see the entire field all the time. I usually just use default cam for my matches. I'm not sure what's the best answer here, to replicate the range of vision of a footballer in a video game. Maybe you even need to black out certain areas of the radar if you are not facing that direction (not within line of sight)? I mean, in a single player environment, it's never going to be realistic. You are one person, controlling 11 players. Maybe with VR tech someday, we can get more realistic vision with 11v11.

I have no problems with using the radar in the game tho. If you are good on the ball, and are able to play yourself out of trouble and buy a little time to lift your head and read the field, that's the moment you are allowed to take your eyes off your feet and look at the radar. That feels close enough to how we'd play real football. The radar is the next best thing to replicate "vision", you can spot openings, spot runs, watch and read how the space transforms.

Another thing is I'd like to see them make dribbling behavior more detailed (and possibly, more difficult). Where you have to be careful with each touch when you are walking with the ball (and even more so when running). So you can't lift your head and look at spaces and spot runs that are really far away, unless you are controlling a very good dribbler, or if you have the skills as a player to compensate for it. I had some thoughts about that here:
http://www.evo-web.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?p=3140264

Last edited:
amazing goal mate :) did you master the feints this much or did you enabled auto feints option in controler settings? probably one of the best individual goals, this game have much more variety than any other football game. cheers :)

Unless auto feint is on by default, then I must have did it myself.

I will admit though, I have absolutely no idea how I did it.

I was fairly good at dribbling with the special controls button in 2016 but it doesn't seem to work on this. My tactic as far as dribbling goes is to just mess about a bit. I find that dribbling without using sprint helps pull of some night little touches like this, and sometimes I'll just throw in the use of the right stick randomly - again, not really knowing what I'm doing.

This is worth discussing, I think.

PES isn't an indie game, but it's not got a team the size of FIFA's working on it either. It has some of the traits of an indie game - great gameplay, lots to enjoy, but lots of small shortcomings that add up to frustration for some of us (poor/slow-mo animations, poor/laggy online play looking at last year's game, locked cameras online, etc.).

No Man's Sky is a full-price game from a small team and it's getting ripped apart for not having enough content, poor graphics etc. - the general opinion is that it should have been a lot cheaper. Could the same be said about PES? Gameplay is what's important but in 2016, from a household name games developer and publisher, we expect a full package, surely?

(Just a topic worth discussing, I reckon - if PES was sold any cheaper, I don't think the sales numbers would change drastically, and so Konami would make even less money, and that would put the future of PES in doubt. Just playing devil's advocate, I think it's a great point that some people, even if the gameplay is great, would rightly decide that £50 - in the UK anyway - is too much.)

PES should not be a new game each year.
What we should have is yearly updates for roughly 20 euro's and then every new year a fully prized, new overhauled game.
Ideally that would be ideally.

Unfortunately the game industry (or should i expand this to every leisure industry or even to every industry) doesn't work like that.

I've always been a huge fan of PES, but Konami never really treated the PES fans like real customers.
They do things that are disrespectfull to loyal fans (a small example: the same stadium being available under two different names and being considered as two different stadiums...i'm talking about the stadium in Milan of course, and there are dozens of examples like this...the crappy individual player ratings, the fact that the game is not customizable enough and so on).

It must be dramatic to be part of the PES team and seing that your work is treated with this obvious disrespect by your company.

Konami can learn a lot from EA in this respect.

Unless auto feint is on by default, then I must have did it myself.

I will admit though, I have absolutely no idea how I did it.

I was fairly good at dribbling with the special controls button in 2016 but it doesn't seem to work on this. My tactic as far as dribbling goes is to just mess about a bit. I find that dribbling without using sprint helps pull of some night little touches like this, and sometimes I'll just throw in the use of the right stick randomly - again, not really knowing what I'm doing.
Auto feint is on by default. But this doesn't look like a feint, so it wouldn't have been auto, unless you flicked the R stick? To me, it looked like 2 well-timed speed bursts (L stick + tap of R1) to step across the incoming challenge, which is pretty difficult to do in 17. Kudos

One thing I'm looking fw to when the game is released,if it stays the same,it's playing longer games.
20 minutes,think,from what I've seen on the demo it's doable.
16 was a no go with 20 min,sometimes even horrible on 15.
Since gameplay is so different on what length of halves/game you use,I'm really looking fw to getting proper stats.
Tried 20 min on 16 for a few,even though the game itself played great,scorelines were out of hand

Auto feint is on by default. But this doesn't look like a feint, so it wouldn't have been auto, unless you flicked the R stick? To me, it looked like 2 well-timed speed bursts (L stick + tap of R1) to step across the incoming challenge, which is pretty difficult to do in 17. Kudos

I have been using speed burst a lot so it could be that. Again though, it was more luck than anything I think.

What I would like credit for is the timing switch to attack/defence level 4. If you watch closely, I switch on the throw in, which in turn sends Ozil further up the field (despite me playing the ball back to my defence at the time) ready for me to start putting the ball into the box.

:WOOT:

bar3.jpg
We'll he's hardly played there and wasn't happy so doesn't count :p

All legends that feature in PES (from now on) have played in the 1998-2008 era at least.
It fits with the overall gamer's age, some footballer that we've played with before in ISS or previous PES... I personnally don't care about playing with olders players (well, Maradona is a exception)

Looks at Euro/World Classics for example, Nedved, Batistuta, Cafu, Owen, Cannavaro etc.

Is it possible or not, to score from outside of the box?
Goalkeepers diving covers all the goal area. Is just me thats felling that super man saves are back?

Is it possible or not, to score from outside of the box?
Goalkeepers diving covers all the goal area. Is just me thats felling that super man saves are back?

I will rather have those superman saves over shitty keepers because at least superman saves can happen in real life.

Amen!!
Try people. Please give it a try!!
You'll also notice the AI behave more real. The attack/defense transition is better.

after your post I tryed with manual controls... it feels more "real" than PES2016 manual controls... It is great, Just amazing; i think if they had been the defaults ones, the game had won more personality.

I never get tired to write it, the demo is amazing. I cant wait for the full game.

I'm going to change to manual shooting as advanced feels a bit off for some reason?? Just like 16, I hit the bar a lot on advanced so I will try and free it up a bit more as the feedback on here suggests it is better.

The thing I like is the fact, the game is challenging ( not assisted) and it is very difficult to score. Rather like a real footy match, the chances have to be worked and goals are not plentiful.

Top player, last few results 0-1, 1-1,0-2,0-0. I have managed to score 1 goal in 40 minutes so, for me, it has the steeper learning curve of old.

just played a game on professional. Rain, long grass, camp nou. I was arsenal vs Barcelona.
It was an absolute war. It finished 0-0 I had 7 fouls, barcelona had 8. Rakitic and Koscielny got sent off.

Last edited:
PES should not be a new game each year.
What we should have is yearly updates for roughly 20 euro's and then every new year a fully prized, new overhauled game.
Ideally that would be ideally.

Unfortunately the game industry (or should i expand this to every leisure industry or even to every industry) doesn't work like that.

I've always been a huge fan of PES, but Konami never really treated the PES fans like real customers.
They do things that are disrespectfull to loyal fans (a small example: the same stadium being available under two different names and being considered as two different stadiums...i'm talking about the stadium in Milan of course, and there are dozens of examples like this...the crappy individual player ratings, the fact that the game is not customizable enough and so on).

It must be dramatic to be part of the PES team and seing that your work is treated with this obvious disrespect by your company.

Konami can learn a lot from EA in this respect.

I absolutely agree here.
KONAMI really lacks in that area, in marketing as well.

Another example for this is cutting out features and presenting them as new ones in coming releases like the attack/defense level we had earlier.
When I read/heard about it from official sites/interviews, it was always like "NOW you can set the attack/defense level while being in a match" and never I have read, "you can set it AGAIN".
Same with the player names being on the bottom of the screen and there are tons of examples.

I didn't thougt that it happen. Keepers in Pes look solid like in Fifa and animations are in the same level like in Fifa.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eC4sJyvDWtY

These saves add a lot to an exciting game experience!
I´m really glad keepers behave like this.
In PES 2016 too many of these goals would have gone in.

The best one is the one from Czech when the ball gets deflected and he is correcting his movement!
Awesome! I guess I´ve never seen that in PES before!

Back
Top Bottom